Composite Venus Square Saturn -doom?

kkel19

my gf and I have venus sq saturn composite...seems like our relationship is intense but never at a peace of mind..both secretly scared of getting hurt...is this composite destined to fail or can it work in the long run?

SDragon

No. A Venus sq Saturn or any other hard aspect found in composite or synastry never implies a certain direction. They are just energies that become activated between individuals and entities.

The way to deal with hard aspects natally is to shine the light of consciousness on them and to learn to deal with the complexities they bring into your life with your own strength and integrity. Saying that you are this way or that way because of your natal chart is a cop out and the same belief should be viewed in synastry and composite as well.

Unfortunately, the internet is literally littered with true life stories and experiences of individuals who have had this aspect and their relationship failed. But the question begets the chicken and the egg. Did it fail because they did a report/search on their partner and found the aspect and it became a self-fulfilling prophecy? There may be thousands of real life marriages that have survived the test of time and yet the individuals just never knew about synastry or the energies that were working between them - but they 'made' it work because they wanted it to work.

---------------------------------------------

So what is a Venus sq. Saturn composite really asking of the relationship itself? Venus is associated with Love in all its glory and depending on the signs, each partner will have their own understanding of what that means. Saturn is the lord of karma, dealing with restrictions, structure, and delay.

When Saturn is in hard aspects to Venus, it doesn't necessarily 'want' the relationship to fail, it just demands that your affection and what you put value on (venus traits) is realistic, structured and patient. Saturn wants something enduring and if at some point in time both individuals or even one individual decides that the tests and delays that Saturn puts in their way is not worth the relationship, then Saturn steps in and says so be it - if you want love that is passionate, affectionate, a thrill ride, then you don't deserve the love that is enduring, sober and like a burning ember that grows brighter over time.

The analogy is somewhat simplistic as I also believe individual karma also determines whether a relationship happens or not, but I think you get my gist and I hope it sheds a bit more light on the doom or gloom mentality.

Obviously an easy aspect between the two allows individuals to seem like they can build an enduring relationship easier but they lose experience of the struggle and lessons that Saturn would like to share. There is no good or bad experiences, we all have our own lessons to learn.

Best Regards,
SDragon

virgo18

my gf and I have venus sq saturn composite...seems like our relationship is intense but never at a peace of mind..both secretly scared of getting hurt...is this composite destined to fail or can it work in the long run?

Not by itself.

You have to look if the positive aspects are stronger.
If there are not much positive aspects then it will not be very good.

With my past partner I got Sun, Venus, Asc squaring Saturn. And Moon squaring Uranus. It lasted 3 years but with lots of obstacles, oppositions from people, and differences in opinion between both. It was always slow and intense pain.

I think what made it safe (the time it lasted) was the Sun-Venus-Asc Midpoint. But it was a very little positive MP to forgive a heavy Saturn influence.

Last edited:

ranchwoman

About Composite Saturn and Venus.
I have Saturn in Libra opposition to Venus in Pisces. My partner has Venus Conj. Saturn in Scorpio.( trine his moon) Our composite has Saturn (Libra) square Venus (Cap) So mutual reception. Sun conj Venus (loosely tied to the square)
He is a Sag. and I am Pisces( suns quintile)
Saturn is in my first house 7 degrees from Asc. So we both are familiar with Saturn. I might ad that our composite sun is in the 6th house..UH OH!.
I have worried about this for 14 years! LOL Having just found out about the mutual reception deal..something to lighten it up. Maybe quit worrying?
Both of us have 6th house Suns.( his almost in 7th house)
But my point is we are still together...he has trifle old fashioned values while I am a very independent type woman( bone of contention sometimes)...we got together and went out and bought a ranch..Talk about work and work together and more work and have a business together!!
Composite 6th house sun conj. venus and Mercury.( all in Cap.) Did I mention work? But we are still together and have decided it is too much work and are getting a smaller place( 340 ac. now)
Which is good..but I have to say that we have trouble finding the time (and not being exhausted) to share affection and sex!! We realize this and thru what ever dynamic I have come to see that I am the initiator
( menopause didn't help there) and leader in the relationship ..a role that I have tried to deny..which I am coming to see is from familial conditioning that I am coming to grips with ...but I ramble...
Saturn doesn't have to be bad and I think that especially if you are comfortable or at least familiar with Saturn it doesn't spell doom in a composite. Also transiting Uranus has been going thru my 7th house for some time now and we are still together. As an addition a psychologist pointed out that my MO was to take a powder when things got bad in relationships!! And I am still here...This is my first long term relationship which was formed when I was 47. And I am not the sort of person that sticks around for security or what I consider cop out reason.
Actually we get along pretty well...I think it is do to Jupiter sextile Saturn and Saturn trine Jupiter in our synastry. Plus venus/saturn and Moon trine Jupiter and Venus/ Mars trine Uranus jupiter.
I think if you have Jupiter strong in Synastry it helps a TON but then I'm a Pisces gal and love Jupiter!! And my Jupiter is in Pisces!! Yahoo! LOL
Hope this helps.

Claire19

It is a difficult aspect but can be karmic and may keep you together to work something out. It is not a romantic placement and although you may endure you wont always be happy. Sometimes there is an age gap, or status issues, or just bad timing. One person is made to feel unlovable or unworthy often and repressed. There is a restrictive influence and one may act as parent figure and be too disciplinary.

Claire19

I found an interesting link regarding this topic, maybe that helps you... http://www.dxpnet.com/opinion/astrology/is-Composite-Venus-square-Saturn-always-doomed-2930207.asp

Hey, is that true, that composite with "Venus square Saturn" might (maybe) not work well in love relationships, but is a big plus in a friendship? Or do you think that it even creates "bad friendships"?? Would be great to hear some opinions :)
Friendships that are long lasting and committed may be involved but we always have to look at a particular chart to see where the influences operate. I have found that Venus Saturn contacts are prevalent when one person is just not available or caught up in a dutiful relationship they feel they cant leave. It is always a cooling influence that requires realism and maturity to handle well. I think there is a lot of inherent pain in it and it stems from the past.

ranchwoman

His Venus is conj. Saturn( in Scorpio)...both trine Moon in cancer. I have Saturn in Libra, 58' opposition to Venus ( Pisces 26 degrees) Saturn in the first house.
So neither one of us is a stranger to Saturn/Venus. I have been aware of it and working on it for years. He hasn't. I am struggling to still work on it with him and yes we could use a LOT more affection in the relationship. And emotional exchanges. I see and have worked thru family of origin stuff but he is maybe internally working on it but not that I see outwardly. His family origin was one obviously of deprivation on the emotional level so there is a real fear of opening up. ( Debilitated Venus by sign and aspect and placement)
It is an issue...I feel cut off and alone frequently...But then things change and I feel better...that carrot out in front ever enticing.
Perhaps that is do to Jupiter ( composite) Trine both Venus and Sun. Along with the strong Jupiter influence ( jupiter trine venus both ways )in our synastry. Ever for giving and making allowances for our Jupiter pal.
The mutual reception( Com. Venus/Saturn) might be at play also.
He is rock solid and would give me the world if he could. Maybe works too much but feels driven to provide...no brainer what with that Saturn/Venus/Moon combo. I am little older than him and we are from slightly different back grounds.
I admittedly do waffle on whether to stay or go. The commitment to a life style( ranching) is one that requires 2 people. That is hard to give up.But I do have Uranus sextile Moon trine Sun ( Sun/ Moon opposition) So if the time does come to leave I will do it.