Astrologers' Community

Astrologers' Community (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vocational Astrology (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Indications of Singing Talents/Interest (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8664)

Pisceanfool 03-07-2008 06:25 AM

Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
Greetings,

I noticed there are no threads discussing possible links to singing well and or a love of singing. I have read Venus in Taurus can show this which makes perfect sense with Taurus ruling the neck and all but there must be more to it. I know people with this position and they are not necessarily more inclined to or talented in singing. I would think there must be an emotional quality, because singing with no emotion is... well talking basically, just not the same. Would be interesting to see different perspectives on this topic. Any thoughts? Any personal experience?

blennus 03-07-2008 06:45 AM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
Not sure but I know I have a great base voice and I love to sing. I do it all the time, even without thinking at times. I almost feel compelled to sing along to some of my favorite music. As for what my chart is lilke, I have Venus in the 5th house (though not a prominent planet in my chart). As for aspects to Venus, it is trine the Ascendant which may affect how my voice is percieved perhaps? Venus Quintile Pluto may also have an impact though how it affects my singing voice I don't know. I haven't done any research so these are merely guesses on my part.

Pisceanfool 03-07-2008 07:12 AM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
chart link or birth info plz :p

blennus 03-07-2008 07:16 AM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
The chart on astro doesn't display quintile aspects (as far as I can figure out.)

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j.../KiteChart.gif

Pisceanfool 03-07-2008 08:34 AM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
wow quite an interesting chart... the quintiles are not displyed visually but they are in the grid at the bottom.

We actually share the pattern of mercury/sun sextile neptune and trine pluto. on top of that your sun/mercury squares the MC as well... i also enjoy singing. Could be represented by mercury as well... with expression tied to neptune and the moon you have a very emotional quality... let alone the intensity of pluto... good thing your an aquarius lol. You even have mars energising the whole configuration... venus trineing the asc most likely helps with graceful projection... gotta say a bit overwhelmed this late and drugged up on cold medicine and this sinus pressure... :p. so much stuff going on. amazing pluto favorably connects to all your personal planets... anyway off topic there, just to point it out though. venus, neptune, and the moon all make easy aspects on your asc... you must be fairly charming, at least at first. tons of things could indicate vocal talent... your chart is a bit much, so many patterns...

off the topic of singing.. but have you had a fairly easy life? only because of the overwhelming amount of favorable aspects. maybe a bit unpredictable/unstable perhaps? looks like your home/early(IC) life would be in the least. looks like tons of talent with little disipline(saturn) and unstable(uranus) conditions of some sort... but plenty of obsession/intensity/focus(pluto).

anyone else?

Agriias 03-07-2008 08:41 AM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
See its funny, how do we define a good voice? Think of all the different sorts of music and how different the voices and styles are. I think this is a tough question to answer, but here is what I think.

It all begins with mercury, the voice. I'd imagine you need venus in their to give it a good quality and yes, a singer who doesnt elicit emotion isnt a good one. Neptune im pretty sure rules music so we would expect a mercury/neptune enhancement also.

A positive mercury-moon-venus- aspect would be needed.

Jupiter would just increase these qualities, pluto would add depth or deepen a voice, I'm not sure what uranus would do.

You would probally need mercury/neptune or one of the planets connected to them in the 3rd,5th, or 12th house. 3rd=communication, 5th entertainment, 12th music

blennus 03-07-2008 07:12 PM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
Easy life? Hardly. In some respects I’ve been very fortunate. I’ve never lacked in the area of physical needs, as well as in schooling and education. However considering that I’ve almost died a few times, been run over by a car, gotten in a horrific divorce, not to mention that my father was a physically abusive alcoholic and I was the one in the family that received the brunt of his wrath (his Pluto is opposite my stellium in Aquarius), I wouldn’t consider that I’ve had an easy life. Sure it hasn’t been the most difficult (thank goodness I’ve never been the victim of sexual abuse). But I can say that it has made me a stronger person because of it.

Back on topic, I looked up the birth chart of Luciano Pavarotti and found some interesting points. First his birth info for any who are interested is October 12 1935 at 1:40 AM in Modena Italy. Leo Ascendant with Libra sun sign, Venus in the 1st house trine his MC and Uranus in Taurus seems well oriented towards a career in the arts. Venus also is Conjunct his Neptune as well as Venus Biquintile his Moon (very close aspect). The only hard aspect to Venus that I see is Venus Opposition Saturn.

He does have a Mercury Uranus Pluto T-square with Pluto at the apex. This may have to do with his struggles earlier on.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:

The first six years of study resulted in only a few recitals, all in small towns and without pay. When a nodule developed on his vocal cords causing a "disastrous" concert in Ferrara, he decided to give up singing. Pavarotti attributed his immediate improvement to the psychological release connected with this decision. Whatever the reason, the nodule not only disappeared but, as he related in his autobiography, "Everything I had learned came together with my natural voice to make the sound I had been struggling so hard to achieve."

The fact that the psychological release (Pluto in 12th house) helped him finally achieve his goals seems to go along with this configuration well.

Anything else?

Pisceanfool 03-07-2008 07:27 PM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
Well... Im sorry to say you have maybe had an easy life i just wonder seomtimes when people have so many trines.

Luciano Pavarotti has a fairly ideal configuration if you ask me...

So it seems venus/moon with mercury aspecting neptune/pluto in some form... i mostly focus on aspects personally. When i think energetically of chakras, it has to do deal with mercury and venus somehow... but it comes from lower vibrations... just translated through the 4th and 5th. Interesting.

when i hear a voice i know it's good i don't really try and define it (typical for pisces i suppose :rolleyes:)... but a wide range and resonance shows true talent.

Other charts?

ElvII 03-07-2008 11:31 PM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
Hi!
I was interessted by this topic because i happen to be a vocal-student (classical) and i have this obsession for astrology:D.
In my own chart the most importend planet is mercury: i'm a gemini with virgo rising. Mercury in taurus makes a nice opposition with pluto (scorpio); which i guess suites the whole singing-addict thing. Moon in libra makes me someone pretty esthetics-focused. And, yes!; i do have venus in taurus! So it counts for me!
Jeeej!


Oh, have to ad some reasearch results of mine:
I discovered that there are a lot of people with colloratura talents (clear and quick, you know), how have a lot of planets and squares in the mutable signs!

And you know, my own thought about this, a good voice is one thing; it's the fyssical thing and it will probably have connenctions to the sign taurus. But i think music in the end is a neptunian/pisces thing, and maybe a bit virgo. Chaos, emotion, beauty and structure. A voice is only a tool.
good night!
Elv;)
june the 2nd 1990 13.25 in the hague, holland

naturallycurly 03-08-2008 09:43 PM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
i think a planet in taurus might indicate
what TYPE of singing voice a person has

if venus is in taurus, your voice may be very sweet sounding
or you may be inclined to sing alot of love songs
i think the epitome of venus in taurus would be the song
evergreen
by barbara streisand
perhaps that one would be good for you to try

i have the moon in taurus in the 5th house
i have quite an interest in singing and music
and even sell my music on cd baby and myspace
i even studied opera

10/8/1968
11:35 am
maryville, tennessee USA
eastern standard time

gaer 03-09-2008 07:02 AM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blennus
Easy life? Hardly. In some respects I’ve been very fortunate. I’ve never lacked in the area of physical needs, as well as in schooling and education. However considering that I’ve almost died a few times, been run over by a car, gotten in a horrific divorce, not to mention that my father was a physically abusive alcoholic and I was the one in the family that received the brunt of his wrath…

I would NEVER have mentioned this if you had not brought it up. People look at a grand trine and think it gives you a free pass through life. I have repeatedly claimed that semisextiles are difficult, just as difficult as inconjuncts.

I see, for inconjuncts: Venus/Jupiter, Mars/Saturn, Moon/Uranus. I use a cut-off at 2 degrees.
Semisextiles: Uranus both ways, to Pluto and to Neptune, and it's personal because the midpoint, Uranus, is inconjunct the Moon. I'm not mentioning oppositions or squares. Those are obvious. The first thing I thought about was abuse, and thank God it wasn't worse than it was.

It's also true that you have some wonderful, supportive aspects. Like most survivors, your chart is both very difficult (hard aspects) and very supportive (easy ones).

I just wanted to point this out, not to you, but to other people who are learning—the danger of seeing trines and sextiles and making assumptions! :)

But now to this, which is really why I'm writing:
Quote:

Back on topic, I looked up the birth chart of Luciano Pavarotti and found some interesting points.
I find this incredibly ironic. As I began reading this thread, long before reaching this post, I decided to do the same investigation and actually charted him myself before I saw that you had posted about him.

There is nothing that tells me that someone has a great voice, but I do believe that both Neptune and Uranus are very, very important for people who are highly creative. When there is a strong aspect from Uranus to Mercury, even a very hard one, original thinking is stressed, and that is terribly important for anyone who is an artist (or could be), and Neptune/Mercury I strongly believe shows creative talent, all the things that go beyond logic, so important to music.

Finally, one other element I've been studying with great intensity is Pallas. You have Pallas quintile Uranus, yet another part of the puzzle.

Have you sung professionally or for audiences? Do you feel you COULD if you wanted to, if you haven't?

Gaer

astrofonder 03-09-2008 08:33 AM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
hi
strong venus, mercury & fifth house make a good singer.
venus gives music art.
mercury gives good sound & clean voice.
fifth house is house of to entertain people.

blennus 03-14-2008 06:37 AM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gaer
I would NEVER have mentioned this if you had not brought it up. People look at a grand trine and think it gives you a free pass through life. I have repeatedly claimed that semisextiles are difficult, just as difficult as inconjuncts...

...I just wanted to point this out, not to you, but to other people who are learning—the danger of seeing trines and sextiles and making assumptions! :)

QFT. This applies even when doing relationship charts. Check out my dad's chart, and you will see tons of soft aspects (especially sextiles) between our charts:
Dec 1 1949, 0:01 am
Spanish Fork, Utah

Obviously we don't get along, but if you just count the soft aspects you don't get that picture. It is important to remember that the mere number of trines or sextiles between two charts is no indication of compatability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaer
Have you sung professionally or for audiences? Do you feel you COULD if you wanted to, if you haven't?

Gaer

I feel like I can. Often when I sing people will compliment me on my voice. While I do enjoy singing, I have other priorities in my life right now.

Valis 01-18-2009 03:05 PM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
I love this topic!!!
I've sung semi-professionally in a all-female punk band with which I toured domestically and abroad and I am currently on maternity leave from my other project.
My husband is also a singer, actually on tour right now. He also plays guitar and was classically trained on the upright bass.

Quote:

strong venus, mercury & fifth house make a good singer.
venus gives music art.
mercury gives good sound & clean voice.
fifth house is house of to entertain people.
I have Taurus sun, Venus in Gemini in the 5th and libra moon. Venus is dominant in my chart, as is Mercury.
Also my husband has a strong venus.



Quote:

There is nothing that tells me that someone has a great voice, but I do believe that both Neptune and Uranus are very, very important for people who are highly creative. When there is a strong aspect from Uranus to Mercury, even a very hard one, original thinking is stressed, and that is terribly important for anyone who is an artist (or could be), and Neptune/Mercury I strongly believe shows creative talent, all the things that go beyond logic, so important to music.

Mercury definitely plays a role as an artist tries to communicate something to the audience. I would think neptune connection to mercury should deserve a look, as music is related to neptune and as a songwriter you do get these dreamlike "visions" or "inspiration from the muses" (or as an inturpiter of a song you need to catch the essence of the song, so to speak )that give birth to the idea of song, which you then have to work on to craft into something "tangible" and structured...
So obviously Saturn is very important.

I think for a performer Pluto might be important for charisma.

Uranus placements could be useful to add originality.
As for myself I think difficult uranus connections might have also influenced the genre of music I got into.

As far as voices go you can really have almost any type of a voice and make it work for you in popular music (classical is a bit different)...provided you can carry a tune. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by blennus
Easy life? Hardly. In some respects I’ve been very fortunate. I’ve never lacked in the area of physical needs, as well as in schooling and education. However considering that I’ve almost died a few times, been run over by a car, gotten in a horrific divorce, not to mention that my father was a physically abusive alcoholic and I was the one in the family that received the brunt of his wrath…
My drummer is a culturehistorian who studies star quality, the "it" factor in artists.
Usually a very difficult beginning is typical, but perseverance will pay off in the end (though not necesserily financially...but in artistic triumph, or recognition at least)

Now on a different note...just sun-sign wise there's been too many Leos, Tauruses and Geminis for it to be a coincidence in musicians I've met.

And just for the record, before it's even mentioned being an introvert or an extrovert has no bearing to my experience. :D

Here's my charthttp://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...66/mychart.gif

And my husband's (saturn conjunct sun has given him the perseverance to master instruments I think...)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...sbandchart.gif

archergirl 01-18-2009 03:38 PM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
I have always loved singing, but being paralysed by stage fright never helped me. I have overcome this now and am interested in formal training for the technicalities. I have a very good voice and sing by ear; my 'head' voice is especially strong - I love to belt out those notes!:D

However, my chart has neither Venusian nor Mercurial overtones. I have an 11th house Sagittarius Venus; 5th ruler Mercury is in Capricorn in the 12th (I sing in secret, heh). Nothing in the 5th house; the only thing in Taurus is my Saturn (boo!), in the 3rd. My Moon is in the 3rd as well. That's probably where the stage fright came from.

The only sort of connection I have is a Mercury-Uranus (in Libra) square. An unusual voice? Perhaps; it is not a smooth and velvety voice in the higher range. More Maria Callas than Diana Damrau.

AG:)

saturnsrainbow 02-06-2009 06:57 AM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
my m.c. is taurus, venus in my sag 5th + maybe the stellium in libra 3rd and leo asc. contributes too, all i know is, i love to sing, its in and from my heart and soul, i do it well and when i do they stop whatever they're doing and listen.

Pisceanfool 02-06-2009 09:55 AM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
Full charts plz ^^

RockFish 02-06-2009 03:23 PM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
I read somewhere that Venus trining Moon makes for a good singer.

saturnsrainbow 02-06-2009 05:33 PM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
1 Attachment(s)
ss, new to this site, have enjoyed the replies, thanks for sharing.

happietarotangel 03-26-2009 11:52 AM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
Hi all,

what are the good books to find out more about the link between astrology and singing prospect/talent? :o

Pisceanfool 03-30-2009 10:11 AM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
saturnsrainbow,

ahh yes indeed interesting. the leo rising would help with some sort of public expression generally in the dramatic sense so possibly musical theatre of some sort? not sure.

the taurus M.C. is also good for useing creative vensian energies and as you know truely beautiful singing comes form deep within and form the heart and such. neways, ur venus which rules the M.C. is in the 5th house of leo as the house of personal creativity! good combo right there interesting... also interesing how you have this refined emotional depth... venus trine pluto giving intensity to the singing im sure.

theeeen mercury, also 5th house, is involved in a t-square with jupiter, uranus, and the lil stellium in libra which just so happens to be in mercurys house! also trining the M.C.. libra ruled by venus too... with uranus maybe giving a very original flare... idk just thinkin aloud i suppose. cardinal signs showing initiative and action. pretty good chart for singin and creativity i'd say!

what sorts of singin have you been involved with?

saturnsrainbow 03-30-2009 11:38 PM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
Pisceanfool, i appreciate you taking the time to reply ty4sharing,and yes you are right the most activity i experienced using my talent was involving musicals, caberets, and even melodramas. it was all quite fun and fulfulling. As long as i stayed in this area i was fine but when ever i tried to venture out solo i had awful and traumatic events happen to me. i have talent, quality, learn quickly, and as you say sing from my heart and soul, but what i didnt have is a meantor, a protector or really the proper training. i also had the looks which i think was detrimental to my ambitions ,because i constantly had to fight off advances from every aspect and was even brutally raped once, i got so tired of men trying to take advantage of me, my naivity and ignorance that i gave up for quite a while and which when i dont sing i get very depressed. i dont sing because i like applause or the sound of my voice or want to be rich and famous, i sing because there is music in my heart soul and it wants out and i
want to share it...when i do i feel much better lol.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...1&d=1233941465

Athene 07-14-2011 05:07 PM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
Hm, i find myself wondering often should i pursue this one for life ? In fact i'm in love with many forms of art, music in particular and plan to start learning electronics and djing in due time, but somehow i never fail to come back to this question and re-examine it again and again :pouty: Whichever way you turn it, you cant push through all the things you want to, you have to choose your priority and stay commited untill it comes to bring it's first fruits, art is not only a matter of talent but of virtuosity too :smile:

Now, if it's for the 3d and 5th, Venus and Neptune, i should have all the astrological requirements for singing, while i have the mentioned planets in stelliums in both of those houses, with Neptune being the dispositor of my Moon, Venus, Mars and the cusp of my 6th work house, and my Piscean Moon disposing the 10th of career.

About what should i think on that Mars/Neptune square in this regard i dunno, but Mercury conjoined Jupiter is making a nice sextile to that Venus/Mars point of mine and Neptune and Moon are in sextile too.

As for my ear and the actual state of my voice, though i have no musical education than the most basic aquired during childhood, i have the "absolute ear", very acute hearing (i hear all the plugged electronic devices through seven walls up/down dosnt matter) and am in fact clairaudient, which allows me not only to transform and interpret informations within auditive wavelengths, but to compone and 'broadcast' music in my mind, my inner ear, as clearly reproduced as if it comes from actual speakers. Think that comes for that Neptune 3d disposing Moon in Pisces, what do you think ?

While my voice isnt in it's best shape right now, i have no problem hitting any tone or it's harmonic declineation within my range, i'm a sporan btw, though i worked extensively on lowering my register working with alt's for the sake of a better range balance. Well, my voice is naturally so high pitch that i could dubb cartoon characters without eaven modifying myself, lol :biggrin:


In this last couple of years, i found myself many times REALLY craving to find some hard oriented band where i could stretch my throath thoroughly and sing my heart out of all it's contenets that pilled up . . . . I feel it as a real need, but while i'm so much Pisces, i'm still a bit on the shy, hm, let's say better - undemonstrative side . . Hm, 'll have to remedy to that somehow, anyway.

Here's the chart, any insights ? :smile:



http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4...nymous5497.gif

Ruka_5 07-14-2011 08:22 PM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pisceanfool (Post 65990)
Greetings,

I noticed there are no threads discussing possible links to singing well and or a love of singing. I have read Venus in Taurus can show this which makes perfect sense with Taurus ruling the neck and all but there must be more to it. I know people with this position and they are not necessarily more inclined to or talented in singing. I would think there must be an emotional quality, because singing with no emotion is... well talking basically, just not the same. Would be interesting to see different perspectives on this topic. Any thoughts? Any personal experience?


What I've always read is even more broad than that - that basically you should just look for the sign Taurus in general, not necessarily just Venus in Taurus, specifically.

positive 07-15-2011 02:53 PM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest
 
2 Attachment(s)
I recently came to the same conclusion that taurus is the kind of voice you have, too. I thought that because Michelle Yeoh has in her Helo chart Mars in taurus. She is a number one actor, a dancer, beauty queen and married a billionaire, but has a incredible bad voice.

I sing too as a hobby. I have lots of virgo, maybe a taurus AC. Mercury from second house (voice I think) in 6 in scorpion conj Uranus. I have a more pop voice, I sing loud and bit deep. It is not possible to load it up.

merc sext venus semisext neptune. 5th house ven jup/sat. Jup sext Uran

uranus is electronic music, which I am interested in. Moon in 11 on venus exaltation degree. in draconic chart venus jupiter saturn in taurus, possibly venus conj MC.

but technically I am not good, I sing out of tunes but do not hear it. that is what a professionel piano player told me when I was singing a capella (years ago). that is (virgo perfection) why I am shy in singing and improvisation. In the beginning I even wasn´t able to hold my voice when somebody sang above.. I learned that, but I am insecure. I though had one year lessons, also long ago. Now I want to do it again for fun and got in touch with a person who is experienced. So lets see what she is saying then.

Maybe also look out for asteroids, just for confirming.
I used Kalliope (22), beautiful voice (but more rhetoric, philosophy) conj my south node
Melpomene (18), the singing one in between my mercury uran conj
polyhymnia (33), lots of songs (don´t have lots of songs, 10 degree pisces!)

the olympic muses

When I was younger I believed everybody can sing. You just have to unleash your voice (maybe Uranus near DC, projection).




AC is not exact.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.