Tansits

Taurus9

Does anyone else find that general transits, especially positive ones, don't have the predicted effect on them at all?

For example, transiting Venus conjunct my Mars doesn't lead to any love and exciting romantic encounters most astrologers want me to pay to believe.

I have noticed I tend to encounter people I like during Mercury trine Venus and Venus trine Mercury but it is still a very rare occurrence and something that doesn't go as far as I'd like reciprocally.

Finding it difficult to distinguish why some transits work for me and others don't and the extent of their effect.

Last edited:

Rawiri

Sure. Most transits pass with nothing obviously significant happening. Almost everyday there are transits of some sort happening (even transits in the sky can create events). But it's not every day something major happens.

The person has to be "tuned" properly. If you're not tuned into the radio station, regardless of what is going on, you aren't going to get any music from what is broadcasting. Or the gun has to be loaded, before a transit can come and cause it to shoot. Otherwise you're shooting blanks. Etc. Pick a metaphor.

(The traditional method of figuring out where a person is "tuned" is with various time-lord systems, like profections, dashas, directions in order to figure out what transits are important).

Edit to add: This is a reason that I believe free will is absolutely possible on an individual level - though perhaps not necessarily practical or realistic in many cases. A person is perfectly capable of altering where exactly they are "tuned" to.

Last edited:

Taurus9

Taking the above response into consideration, I feel I am not tuned in to receive the love that most prediction methods say I should be experiencing. It is annoying because I do not feel I am in control of tuning in either even if others perceive that I am.

For example, two different people using two different methods predicted a relationship for me in December and I wasn't even looking for a relationship prediction for that time period. Then I prepared myself for one and it didn't happen and now I am still left completely confused and angry as to why they both predicted it and why it didn't happen.

If I go back they make a claim that it is an 85% chance, or that it will come at another time, or other excuses... but in that case I just want to know why I am always in the 15% and why they predict anything at all if so.

aleth3ia

Banned
The person has to be "tuned" properly. If you're not tuned into the radio station, regardless of what is going on, you aren't going to get any music from what is broadcasting.

This is a beautiful metaphor. I've read the same in Percy Seymour. He explains how astrology works thanks to this metaphor.. something amazing.

I think there's not just to take in account the exact aspect that is happening, well, for sure you have to take it into account.. but then you have to start wondering: is the transiting Venus on my Mars in the most fecund conditions? How's the receptiveness of my natal Venus? How's the one of my Mars?, are there other planets connected to my Mars, are their meanings triggered by this joint effort..? And so on..

Rawiri

Taking the above response into consideration, I feel I am not tuned in to receive the love that most prediction methods say I should be experiencing. It is annoying because I do not feel I am in control of tuning in either even if others perceive that I am.

For example, two different people using two different methods predicted a relationship for me in December and I wasn't even looking for a relationship prediction for that time period. Then I prepared myself for one and it didn't happen and now I am still left completely confused and angry as to why they both predicted it and why it didn't happen.

If I go back they make a claim that it is an 85% chance, or that it will come at another time, or other excuses... but in that case I just want to know why I am always in the 15% and why they predict anything at all if so.

Well naturally I can't speak for them. I can't find your chart on the forums to try and look at what they might have separately been seeing either.

I do seriously doubt though, that it is an "85%" chance. If so I'd love to learn their methods. But I imagine it's more a number they pulled out of their ***...most would be so lucky to approach that. They should just swallow and accept they were wrong, IMO.

Certainly it's unfair that you had your hopes raised like that only to be smashed down. There are all kinds of reasons things like that can happen...incompetence and mistakes of astrologer first and foremost.

Certain people have charts that just aren't conducive to relationships at all - there are people out there who die alone and virgins, either through choice or otherwise.

If someone's Jupiter or 9th Lord is afflicted, in their chart or at that certain time, they are more liable to get bad advice etc too that turns out false.

It is not odd for an astrologer or reader to predict or look into relationships even when someone doesn't ask. It's normally expected to be a concern - just look at all the posts on the forum. Majority of them are concerned with it.

(And I don't doubt that you feel you have no control. Like I said, I believe it technically, but not necessarily practically or realistically for most. Complete control would require constant attention and control over their own thoughts, feelings and actions.)

Taurus9

Well naturally I can't speak for them. I can't find your chart on the forums to try and look at what they might have separately been seeing either.

I do seriously doubt though, that it is an "85%" chance. If so I'd love to learn their methods. But I imagine it's more a number they pulled out of their ***...most would be so lucky to approach that. They should just swallow and accept they were wrong, IMO.

Certainly it's unfair that you had your hopes raised like that only to be smashed down. There are all kinds of reasons things like that can happen...incompetence and mistakes of astrologer first and foremost.

Certain people have charts that just aren't conducive to relationships at all - there are people out there who die alone and virgins, either through choice or otherwise.

If someone's Jupiter or 9th Lord is afflicted, in their chart or at that certain time, they are more liable to get bad advice etc too that turns out false.

It is not odd for an astrologer or reader to predict or look into relationships even when someone doesn't ask. It's normally expected to be a concern - just look at all the posts on the forum. Majority of them are concerned with it.

(And I don't doubt that you feel you have no control. Like I said, I believe it technically, but not necessarily practically or realistically for most. Complete control would require constant attention and control over their own thoughts, feelings and actions.)

What kind of chart would you need? I added a natal one to my profile in the mean time.

I feel most of my relationship issues are due to Mars in Aries in 7th. On top of that Saturn Squares my Sun in 9th which is which is close to Venus in 8th. Essentially I love quickly and deeply but I am not understood reciprocally.

I feel like there are times when I can have that constant attention, especially with meditation, but I can't keep it up for long enough to sustain control of a relationship. I just end up angry or depressed that I couldn't control it or that it doesn't work out right. But I am getting kind of tired of blaming myself for it.

Rawiri

Personally I always like the data myself so I can calculate everything easily.

I took a look at the natal chart (thank you for putting it up). I think I must be too tired because I'm having difficulty seeing what they saw. Maybe north node transiting Jupiter and Moon...though they probably don't use something like that lol.

If my mental head calculations are correct...you would have had progressed Moon sextile Venus so perhaps they were looking at that (were they Western astrologers?) A backwards sextile isn't exactly normally a big producer though...

As to the chart itself, it makes sense that you would notice Mercury/Venus trines bringing events, since Mercury is apparently your first house lord (also planet with most degrees in a sign). It connecting to natural significator Venus could always be a potential time. It connecting with Jupiter and Moon could also be a potential trigger for you.

Those are just triggers though...as said something bigger running underneath is normally needed.

I'd personally probably consider that whole Venus/Sun connection (with Saturn square as you note) a bigger issue than Mars. Venus/Sun connections can always cause some kind of relationship issue...and in case of Virgo rising Sun is also 12th Lord (also 6th from the 7th).

Taurus9

Thanks Rawiri. One of the prediction methods was Tarot using my Western astrology Sun sign, and the other was a Vedic astrology service - they may or may not have used Siderreal, it was actually hard to tell as they only said things like Mars in 7th which could still be true or not true via various methods. But I did also later consult a Western astrology service for transits which was similarly overly generic and misleading to my specific life experience.

I am open minded as long as something is accurate. The Vedic one also said June would be a good time to find love if there was a blockage in December. Whilst I have had intriguing encounters in both of these months, they have been impossible for me to manage or create a relationship out of and weren't accurate enough at all.

An example being two of the people I felt a connection with were health professionals and it being against the rules to initiate a relationship beyond that and me suffering from other issues and them not being single or understanding me fully. It's like even if there is a connection I cannot maintain it or hold the vision and get demoralised very quickly.

But really I am just annoyed that they predicted anything like a relationship at all as I could have spent this time focusing on myself more if I knew a relationship wasn't happening. Or if it was true, they needed to help me out more in how to navigate it instead of blaming me for not being able to. I just don't know and it is annoying because I can't trust to go back to people who were wrong for some reason.

I could send you more data but I'd feel like I should be giving you something for further consultation. Although I do wonder if that is also in my chart somewhere too - I tend to be overly generous at the start and end up taken advantage of or giving too much to the wrong people when I haven't sorted myself out enough.

Last edited:

Rawiri

Would it make you feel better if I told you that you're supposed to be feeling like you are now? lol.

From more rough mental calculations, I calculate out your Vimshottari Dasha to be at the very end of Sun period (using my calculations anyway). The last period is Sun/Venus. Activated from the beginning of February this year. That would stimulate the whole Sun/Venus problem which I mentioned earlier I would say figures most prominently in relationship issues.

It agitates (and causes emotional agitations) and destroys the house lord and house it's in (9th). 9th is, for one thing...advisers. Particularly any astrological advisers. Other 9th house things may be effected. Because of that I'd also have to be careful of potentially misleading you in anything I say...

Generally from 2012 you've been in Sun period...Sun has no significant lordship (in main chart anyway) of relationship factors. Sun is also naturally very individualistic. He sacrifices things for his own house (12th). So really your focus during this period "should have" been on 12th house things. Things Sun is with (Venus) would mostly be sacrificed for that.

It's the ending period, so a dangerous time to predict the beginning of anything significant really - can happen, but ends of periods tend to be terminations not beginnings.

Next year, you enter Moon period - a period much more focused on relationships. Once Saturn is moved out of Sagittarius you have more "chance" with relationships (he is, afterall, squaring 7th house, 7th lord and Moon currently...).

After your birth time sometime next year there may be some more significant relationship event I think. Part of Fortune will have profected to 7th. Saturn out of affliction place. However, it wouldn't be particularly long term in any case...it's early in vimshottari period which is generally weak to get anything major (needs time to "warm up"). Moon will also pass the square of Venus that year. There are still connections to "alone" thing going on. This is very broad strokes being done in my head with mental calculations so excuse the vagueness.

Moon period will be a nicer period as far as your emotional state concerning your path in life etc is concerned.

(Best not to offer me something seriously or in jest, as I have no hang ups with readily accepting offers and can readily arrange a way for you to "ease your guilt" lol)

Anyway, that about covers most of what I can offer from mental calculations alone. So I hope it is of at least some value, though rather minor.

Earlier you mentioned meditation. What kind of meditation do or did you do? How is your imagination ability?

Taurus9

Cool Rawiri. That makes sense. I can tell you have experience/knowledge. I have already loosely tracked and experienced some of Saturn *almost* coming out of Sagittarius before it went back in retrograde again recently, so I think it will provide some relief in my life when it does switch.

My meditation was similar to Tummo breathing. I used to breathe in max o2 and then take ice baths at 5am. It made me feel alive and ready to face struggles. I could only keep it up consistently for about a month though as life got more difficult. At the moment I just use techniques occasionally and work out.

My imagination is very good and lateral right-brained thinking spatial intelligence. I am very artistic in nature with attention to detail. I can spend a lot of time dreaming about perfection. But my execution and self-expression to communicate and a achieve these things after setbacks is not so good.

As much as I can imagine perfection, if things go wrong, I can also imagine the worst case catastrophic things. Maybe that is 12th house issues too...

Last edited:

Rawiri

Wim Hof then? It is something I have been meaning to try sometime as I keep hearing good things about it.

The reason I asked is I was thinking, if you had sufficient imagination ability, you might be benefited by working with "Venus" in your imagination. Arguing things out, as it were etc.

Taurus9

Wim Hof then? It is something I have been meaning to try sometime as I keep hearing good things about it.

The reason I asked is I was thinking, if you had sufficient imagination ability, you might be benefited by working with "Venus" in your imagination. Arguing things out, as it were etc.

Yep, The Iceman is cool. I had considered going to one of his retreats but he personally would not have been attending it and half of the reason I experimented with his method was his personal story and inspiration and motivation to do it.

Yes, it is ironic you mention that, I do write occasionally and I have actually unwittingly "written" to Venus/Love conceptually in the recent past. It is not always pleasant hehe but she knows I ultimately want her to understand and create harmony.

Although, that said, I also think I heard a while ago that in ancient Vedic mythology Venus and Mercury don't get on so well, something to do with Tara but I forget exactly. While my Sun is ruled by Venus, my chart is ruled by Mercury, and it is like I need Venus to understand and love Mercury, but maybe I need Mercury to understand and love Venus too.

It is strangely validating to have someone else consider these kinds of things as an option.

Rawiri

Cool. And I take it that it was effective for your ability to workout etc?

Interesting that you already approached that in a way. :)

Perhaps you are thinking of Moon and Mercury? There is a myth of enmity between them related to Tara. I can't think of one for Mercury and Venus - though I could really use a sit down with the Indian mythologies. In Indian astrology they go well together, typically (although can cause some weird things at times - like Mercury/Venus together in the 7th is supposed to cause one to lose their partner etc)

Your Venus and Mercury are in 2nd/12th positions though which can always put them in a bit of aversion and not seeing each other properly.

Well, glad I can validate you a bit. :p

There are lots of things I consider options - but they can get pretty weird - and I consider the more direct "work" to ultimately be more effective.

Taurus9

Yes, well, the breathing methods helped with a lot of things even if I don't do them perfectly. Like just knowing and experiencing your breathing changing your physiology can help in many different situations if you are conscious enough. It also helped me see how the pain body wasn't real and I could breathe through it, and my stress in my brain was my pain body that I identified with, etc. so it helped me see things differently in many gradual qualitative and unquantifiable ways.

I think you're right that the mythology is about the Moon and Venus, and I just heard the story incorrectly from someone else initially. Perhaps I have been unnecessarily or mistakenly harsh on Venus or Mercury and it is actually Sun or Moon I need to work on identifying more directly and communicating with in regards to Venus. Sometimes I get confused which parts of my personality or body or experience are which planetary influences. But I agree the best way to find out and experiment is directly.

Rawiri

Thank you.

The story is the Moon wooed and had an illegitimate child with Tara, Jupiter's wife. Mercury was that ******* child and the Moon hates him because of it.

Only natural to get confused at times...we work in a pretty interconnected manner. Hard to pinpoint one thing. If we were more one-dimensional it'd probably be easier to predict too...:alien: