I'm concerned about my longevity...

For discussions on Traditional Astrology only. (Note: Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700 by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renaissance eras. In general, it relies on Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction) though there may be some exceptions, and always excludes modern planets (Neptune, Uranus and Pluto,) as well as any asteroids. The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretation and more on prediction. Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion.)

Last edited:

Aaronmcc11

I think that predicting one's own death using astrology is questionable (ethically and practically). It's certainly possible to look at the traditional indicators of death, but I've heard from several people and teachers that doing so is a misuse of the true gift that astrology gives us. I suppose that whether one thinks it is ethical, practical, useful, or right is up to each person, but personally I would not want to live the rest of my life in the shadow of it.

there is NO way to predict death with any certainty, so stop worrying. There is however, a blood test called 'telemores' which if you have a few hundred pounds spare....

in Traditional astrology I think they use this

Hyleg
Definition of HylegThe Giver of Life. Said of a planet so located as to have influence upon the longevity of the native. It is one of the most complex and controversial subjects in the field of astrology, but which has fallen more or less in disfavour as the result of the concept that any attempt to predict the time of death is now generally considered unethical. When it had progressed to an aspect to the place of the Anareta, the taker-away of life, the native was presumed to have run his span and death ensued.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/dictionary/hyleg.php

but you may also like to research Hades..

Hades
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Relationships/Hades-Persephone
http://www.arlenekramer.net/uranian_eightplanets.asp

“Hades allows you (your essential self) the right to be, you must allow it the right to be – on its own terms. It can bring great compassion, patience and healing, deepening.”http://www.rubymala.com/content/astrology/hades.htm

Pluto, God of the Underworld, is the ruler of Scorpio. (In Greek mythology, the corresponding god was Hades). In Astrology, the energies of Pluto are transforming. Pluto represents subconscious forces, ruling all that is "below the surface".

Hades
“This is one of the Uranian planets and is considered the planet of disintegration. Hades will turn those festering mass of bad feelings and experiences into a disease--a chronic one--to get your attention so that you will handle matters in a more straight-forward fashion. And if you don't, you will die of a chronic disease, instead. The flip side of Hades is therapy and shamanic healing or ceremonial healing of some sort from antiquity--which can help save your life and get you back on track with yourself.”
http://death.findyourfate.com/death-planets.htm

sethi

My personal astrologer (I had one at one time) told me (without my asking) about the length of life I would have. I will not mention it here but...

My life line concurs on it, plus

There is a change of Dasha (planetary time as per vedic) during that time period too

I am not really sure on what to think of it.

I once predicted the type of death by looking at the palm (palmistry) for some relative quite some time back (25 years to be exact) and I got the scolding of my lifetime from my parents.

Claire19

I think that predicting one's own death using astrology is questionable (ethically and practically). It's certainly possible to look at the traditional indicators of death, but I've heard from several people and teachers that doing so is a misuse of the true gift that astrology gives us. I suppose that whether one thinks it is ethical, practical, useful, or right is up to each person, but personally I would not want to live the rest of my life in the shadow of it.
Totally agree. I dont go anywhere near the question of death with astrology charts and those who ask, I simply explain it is unethical and any methodology used is often unaccurate..
really why does anyone want to know????...there are many scenarios and aspects which may in hindsight explain the nature of the demise.

Claire19

My personal astrologer (I had one at one time) told me (without my asking) about the length of life I would have. I will not mention it here but...

My life line concurs on it, plus

There is a change of Dasha (planetary time as per vedic) during that time period too

I am not really sure on what to think of it.

I once predicted the type of death by looking at the palm (palmistry) for some relative quite some time back (25 years to be exact) and I got the scolding of my lifetime from my parents.

That astrologer had no business mentioning your death at all. Unethical and irresponsible especially as you had not asked for it.....I agree about the scolding from your parents... Leave the issues of death well out of prediction of any sort...

retinoid

Vedic Astrology would be able to deal with this better as they have a dasha system. Most likely you will have to look at Saturn for death or Venus due to Sidereal...

fastlane69

Hi guys, I analyzed my longevity and found 42 years. Although an astrologer whom I consulted found 79 years,who is also student of Robert Zoller. I tend to think he has a positive attitude. He thinks my Sun is hyleg and Jupiter alcocoden. Yet, I don't think Jupiter and Sun has strong relation. I have new-moon phase so I think my ascendant is hyleg and Mars is alcocoden. In that case Mars does'nt seem to give me more than 42 years. What do you guys think?

According to my software, the Sun is your Hyleg and Jupiter is your Alcocoden according to Bonatti. The astrologer you consulted gave the correct answer.

poyi

Premium Member
Hi fastlane

I almost forgot to follow up with this study. I need to go home to have further look. I was once told to live up to 66 years old which is slightly less than current expectancy through palmistry and face reading I should however live passed 90s.

fastlane69

Hi fastlane

I almost forgot to follow up with this study. I need to go home to have further look. I was once told to live up to 66 years old which is slightly less than current expectancy through palmistry and face reading I should however live passed 90s.

Hi poyi,

In your chart, according to Bonatti, the Moon would be your Hyleg which would in my opinion give Mars as Alcocoden. Mars is angular and term ruler in his position which gives Greater Years, plus the conjunction from Venus which gives lesser years plus middle months. So, 66 years plus 8 years plus 45 months.

poyi

Premium Member
Hi poyi,

In your chart, according to Bonatti, the Moon would be your Hyleg which would in my opinion give Mars as Alcocoden. Mars is angular and term ruler in his position which gives Greater Years, plus the conjunction from Venus which gives lesser years plus middle months. So, 66 years plus 8 years plus 45 months.

That sounds logical and you also came up with 66 so very high possibility. I do have a major break in my life line which means major health crisis if I pass that then I will bring me more years. I am quite happy with 66+8, 74-77 is very good length. Living too long doesn't mean good quality of life.

Last edited:

fastlane69

That sounds logical and you also came up with 66 so very high possibility. I do have a major break in my life line which means major health crisis if I pass that then I will bring me more years. I am quite happy with 66+8, 74-77 is very good length. Living too long doesn't mean good quality of life.

In my studies the last few days, it seems that everyone agrees that Bonatti's system would have the better track record. Funny on my own chart that no matter if using Bonatti or Ptolemy, I get 79 to 82 years respectively.
Of course this is not the end of life, just the time when the life force is susceptible to the Anareta from what I understand. Directions would pinpoint the date closer, which I do not wish to know for myself, nor would I do for others...:devil:

poyi

Premium Member
In my studies the last few days, it seems that everyone agrees that Bonatti's system would have the better track record. Funny on my own chart that no matter if using Bonatti or Ptolemy, I get 79 to 82 years respectively.
Of course this is not the end of life, just the time when the life force is susceptible to the Anareta from what I understand. Directions would pinpoint the date closer, which I do not wish to know for myself, nor would I do for others...:devil:

Yep I think that will only tell you when your life force will be weaken and maybe at risk of death. And it is also based on the general assumption of no accident involvement to terminate life earlier than the natural path. Still a usual tool for planning for life insurance policy, arranging health care cost, etc. Very practical for planning retirement as well.

fastlane69

Yep I think that will only tell you when your life force will be weaken and maybe at risk of death. And it is also based on the general assumption of no accident involvement to terminate life earlier than the natural path. Still a usual tool for planning for life insurance policy, arranging health care cost, etc. Very practical for planning retirement as well.

Yes of course, nothing is guaranteed. :whistling:
I think we are on the same page as to how we view this topic....as in my case, where I probably wouldn't invest in life insurance, but maybe accidental death coverage. As far as retirement for myself, I don't plan to...I plan to work until the end if that is feasible.

poyi

Premium Member
Yes of course, nothing is guaranteed. :whistling:
I think we are on the same page as to how we view this topic....as in my case, where I probably wouldn't invest in life insurance, but maybe accidental death coverage. As far as retirement for myself, I don't plan to...I plan to work until the end if that is feasible.

:biggrin: For me I was going to get a life insurance but they won't let me for I have chest pain as medical history. But then my superannuation already covered so not too concerned about that. I do have income protection insurance which can cover myself in case of accident or unexpected surgery/illness that put me off work for a while. Retirement can be extremely negative, as you suddenly lose major part of life purpose once you stopped working. Not everyone can enjoy retirement, that is a money burning luxury.