Astrologers' Community

Astrologers' Community (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Just Joined (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138925)

Kitty Wadhams 05-23-2021 08:00 PM

Just Joined
 
Hello everyone,


I have just come across this group and registered, and am pleased by all the resources and discussion available here!


I studied astrology rather intensively many, many years ago -- I had quite an astro-library, and went through piles of large tablets drawing out charts, which I really enjoyed, as a method of focusing on the matter at hand. Unfortunately, after some years, I discovered that all along I had the wrong birth time on my natal chart (!), and became completely disenchanted. I moved on to other interests, and eventually gave away my library to a friend, who was thrilled.


Fast way forward, record scratch, I am now in an attempt to drag myself out of a very long-standing sunken state, and am inspired to return to study of the planets. Although I have been following transits for a while now, I have recently picked up on horary, with an attitude of moving on and letting go, once and for all. It is not only a personal interest, of course, but also a way of relating to the larger universe in a more active way.


I have a lot to review -- I have forgotten so much of what was second nature back in the day, but I look forward to studies to come, and what community and teaching I might find here.


All the best,
"Miss Kitty"


ps I am a Libra Sun, Leo moon, Gemini Asc. :smile:

IleneK 05-23-2021 08:53 PM

Re: Just Joined
 
Welcome, Miss Kitty, we are glad you have you here.

JUPITERASC 05-23-2021 09:02 PM

Re: Just Joined
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty Wadhams (Post 1109717)

Hello everyone,
I have just come across this group and registered,
and am pleased by all the resources and discussion available here!
I studied astrology rather intensively many, many years ago -- I had quite an astro-library, and went through piles of large tablets drawing out charts, which I really enjoyed, as a method of focusing on the matter at hand. Unfortunately, after some years, I discovered that all along I had the wrong birth time on my natal chart (!), and became completely disenchanted. I moved on to other interests, and eventually gave away my library to a friend, who was thrilled.

Fast way forward, record scratch, I am now in an attempt to drag myself out of a very long-standing sunken state, and am inspired to return to study of the planets. Although I have been following transits for a while now, I have recently picked up on horary, with an attitude of moving on and letting go, once and for all. It is not only a personal interest, of course, but also a way of relating to the larger universe in a more active way.

I have a lot to review -- I have forgotten so much of what was second nature back in the day, but I look forward to studies to come, and what community and teaching I might find here.

All the best,
"Miss Kitty"
ps I am a Libra Sun, Leo moon, Gemini Asc. :smile:



HelloKitty Wadhams welcome :smile:

FREE ONLINE TUTORIAL with some online self-testing as well
at http://www.skyscript.co.uk/im/wh.gif An Introduction to Horary
A basic, introductory course on horary to get you started
- with interactive assignments and online resources http://www.skyscript.co.uk/im/nv/point.gif

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology


FREE ONLINE SYNASTRY CHART CALCULATOR

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/sy...ine-calculator

members are given the designation "Senior Member"
after posting a certain number of comments
not that many

keep in mind that because ours is an astrological learning forum
where members practice astrological skills free
no one is paid therefore responses to threads
are often from members who are beginners
with little or no experience
keen to learn by practice
members are encouraged to discuss interpreting their own charts to learn by practice
we also have members with many years of astrological study completed
members have day jobs
and those of our members who are professionals
do not provide a complete professional reading for free


some navigation tips:
all are welcome

- whether a TRADITIONAL astrologer or a MODERNIST astrologer :smile:
and
our forum hosts BOTH perspectives ON SEPARATE BOARDS

our HELP WITH FORUMS AND SUGGESTIONS board is at
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...splay.php?f=22


our TRADITIONAL ASTROLOGY ONLY board includes HELLENISTIC astrology


at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=92
For discussions on Traditional Astrology only.
Note: Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700 by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renaissance eras.
Specifically it relies on Ptolemaic aspects sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction
and excludes modern planets Neptune, Uranus and Pluto
non-Ptolemaic aspects, as well as any asteroids.
The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretation
and more on prediction.
Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas
should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion.


our MODERNIST ASTROLOGY ONLY board
is at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95
For discussions on Modern Astrology only.
Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists.
Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches
and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto
and non-Ptolemaic aspects.
The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.


our CHINESE ASTROLOGY BOARD
is at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...splay.php?f=88

FREE online pdf
http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

interesting discussion http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...d.php?t=112883

and another http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=80531



HOW TO GRADUATE FROM ASTROLOGY 101
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...ad.php?t=57956

ASTROLOGY FOR PAY - HOW TO DO IT
discussion thread at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...ad.php?t=92935


other boards include:

HORARY ASTROLOGY only http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=42
CHAT board http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=13

ITALIAN ASTROLOGER - Margherita Fiorello
is from Rome, Italy.
website has option of text in Italian also
at https://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com/


BEST FREE INFORMATION ON FIXED STARS ONLINE :smile:
AT http://www.constellationsofwords.com/Fixedsta

Opal 05-24-2021 01:49 AM

Re: Just Joined
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty Wadhams (Post 1109717)
Hello everyone,


I have just come across this group and registered, and am pleased by all the resources and discussion available here!


I studied astrology rather intensively many, many years ago -- I had quite an astro-library, and went through piles of large tablets drawing out charts, which I really enjoyed, as a method of focusing on the matter at hand. Unfortunately, after some years, I discovered that all along I had the wrong birth time on my natal chart (!), and became completely disenchanted. I moved on to other interests, and eventually gave away my library to a friend, who was thrilled.


Fast way forward, record scratch, I am now in an attempt to drag myself out of a very long-standing sunken state, and am inspired to return to study of the planets. Although I have been following transits for a while now, I have recently picked up on horary, with an attitude of moving on and letting go, once and for all. It is not only a personal interest, of course, but also a way of relating to the larger universe in a more active way.


I have a lot to review -- I have forgotten so much of what was second nature back in the day, but I look forward to studies to come, and what community and teaching I might find here.


All the best,
"Miss Kitty"


ps I am a Libra Sun, Leo moon, Gemini Asc. :smile:


Welcome Miss Kitty, I am Libra Sun as well. I too, have an extensive library, and I too, had an error in my chart and studied it wrong for years, it was enlightening, to accept my "new" chart. I was in denial for a while. I liked my Sag Asc. Alas I am Scorpio Ascending. I have learned to embrace it, as, it makes sense.



Hope you like it here. Opal

Kitty Wadhams 05-24-2021 02:14 AM

Re: Just Joined
 
Aha! But Scorpio ascending is mysterious and deep. Thank you for letting me know I am not alone!
Best, Kitty

JUPITERASC 05-24-2021 12:03 PM

Re: Just Joined
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty Wadhams (Post 1109762)


Aha! But Scorpio ascending is mysterious and deep. Thank you for letting me know I am not alone!
Best, Kitty


keep in mind that
that ascendant is not the only one

descriptive of being "...mysterious and deep...."
generalisation is tempting fun

yet so unreliable :smile:


.

Opal 05-24-2021 02:16 PM

Re: Just Joined
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JUPITERASC (Post 1109798)
keep in mind that
that ascendant is not the only one

descriptive of being "...mysterious and deep...."
generalisation is tempting fun

yet so unreliable :smile:


.


It would depend, actually, on what i need to be reliable for, or to. For me, work requires my total reliability, especially this time of year. I have responsibilities, that have to come first, to an interest that does not pay the bills.


But, that is generalization, and how it goes.

JUPITERASC 05-24-2021 02:21 PM

Re: Just Joined
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JUPITERASC (Post 1109798)


keep in mind that
that ascendant is not the only one
descriptive of being "...mysterious and deep...."
generalisation is tempting fun
yet so unreliable :smile:

.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opal (Post 1109822)

It would depend, actually, on what i need to be reliable for, or to.
For me, work requires my total reliability, especially this time of year.
I have responsibilities, that have to come first,
to an interest that does not pay the bills.
But, that is generalization, and how it goes.


https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...ZSxhy_ZxrtXOek

Kitty Wadhams 05-24-2021 03:16 PM

Re: Just Joined
 
Hey Jupiter --
Thanks for the tip! I was, of course, making a joke, so the cliché generalization was sort of the point. I promise if I ever do a real reading for Scorpio rising, I will not lead with that.
Best,
Kitty

conspiracy theorist 05-24-2021 03:18 PM

Re: Just Joined
 
Hey Kitty, you seem to have the perfect mixture of depth and being communicative to stick around for the long haul. Hope you do.

JUPITERASC 05-24-2021 04:55 PM

Re: Just Joined
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty Wadhams (Post 1109834)


Hey Jupiter --
Thanks for the tip!
I was, of course, making a joke, so the cliché generalization
was sort of the point.

I promise if I ever do a real reading for Scorpio rising, I will not lead with that.
Best,
Kitty


That's siriusly good news :smile:


.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.