Too many violent fixed stars in my chart?

Lost_spirit

Hello everyone!
I've read a lot about fixed stars and their interpretations and now I'm even more confused than before.
I seem to have too many violent fixed stars in my chart.Specifically:
-Algol(26 Taurus) is culminating in my chart.
-Pollux(23 Cancer) is conjunct my moon.
-Phekda(00 Virgo) is conjunct my mars(and mars is in the 12th house,2 degrees from the Ascendant)
-Antares(9 Sagittarius) is 2 degrees from natal Jupiter and Uranus(they are in conjunction)
-Scheat(29 Pisces) is very close to the 8th house cusp.
So I was just wondering why do I have so many violent fixed stars?Are things so bad for me?

starlink

I've read a lot about fixed stars and their interpretations and now I'm even more confused than before.

I am NOT surprised!!:)

Lost Spirit, fixed stars were used in the 17th century and were part of constellations, like our 12 zodiacal signs also belong to the Zodiacal constellation. There are well over a 100 constellations now and so you can imagine how many fixed stars! They used to be an important part of traditional astrology. You can well imagine that "death by crucifixion or impalement or decapitation, sometimes connected with these stars, is totally not appliable anymore.

In modern times, astrologers do not look anymore at every star in the natal chart. Dont forget that even the oldies were not quite sure with which planets these stars should be compared. I just read about Scheat for instance. Personally, I never heard of it in my 30 years of astrology because it is just not used in modern astrology, but someone wrote about it and I thought, lets see what it means.

I discovered that Ptolemy says that it has the influence of Mars and Mercury (this does not sound bad to me at all), but Simmonite said it has the influence of Saturn and yet others say Saturn and Mercury. So which one is it? Phekda is not even mentioned in the book of Vivian Robson called"the fixed stars and constellations".
Antares in conjunction with Jupiter is very fortunate, benefits through relatives apparently and quite religious and with Uranus can give extreme ideas and disharmony with relatives. So here we have already two controversial interpretations. It is all a bit of a guessing game and honestly I would not pay any attention to stars and points in the chart.

Important is to first of all get your basics very well in your head, know all about planets, aspect, transits and progressions, Solar Returns and if you like with Solar Arc as good as you can. Then, years and years later, maybe have a glance at the stars if that intrigues you, but I can tell you that in a forecast by a professional astrologer, these stars do not play a role, unless maybe you get to an astrologer who really does it the traditional way.

Personally I use traditional astrology partly in natal, but only when it comes to Aquarius, Pisces and Scorpio. I look at the traditional rules as well as the modern one's. And I use things like Parts of Fortune etc. and some stars, mainly Algol, Sirius, and Spica, no other one's in horary astrology.

So please dont think your chart is horrible because of all those stars. I think everybody's charts are riddled with nasty stars if you ask me. There are just too many of them. Just look at the aspects, the planets placements and the houses, Sun, Moon and Ascendant, their rulers etc. That is enough to figure out who you are and what your difficulties could be in this life.

Cheers, Starlink

Last edited:

Lost_spirit

Thanks for the answer!
Well,according to a site,Algol if culminating causes murder, sudden death, beheading, prone to murder and mischief. Pollux with moon causes hatred of the vulgar, ill-will of women, danger from thieves, violent death, power, pride, sickness, calamity, wounds, imprisonment, injuries to face, defective sight or blindness. Phecda in conjunction with planetary malefics is a possible cause of a "great blood bath".Coincidence?
No wonder I'll have a violent death,no matter what the cause will be!!

starlink

No wonder I'll have a violent death,no matter what the cause will be!!
Lost spirit, I dont know how old you are, but if all the above would be really affecting your planets, then you MUST have already had some serious mischief in your life. If you really believe you will die like that, what else can I say?
I would very much like to see your chart, the ruler of the 8th house and how Sun and Moon are aspected. I put far much importance in those aspects than the one's you mentioned with the fixed stars.
It is easy to say: Ah, you see, that persone was murdered because he has Algol conjunct his ........(fill in any planet you like). But if you would also look at other transits and progressions going on at the same time, it could well be that it was not star Algol but planet Pluto who did the killing.
I would really not live your life, waiting for disastrous things to happen in your life if I were you. Concentrate on the good things. Each planet and I believe also each star must have it's opposite pole which can be beneficiary. It also depends very much on the aspects to these stars and the planets it conjuncts.

starlink

paperclip.gif
subscribed.gif
sticky.gif
Sticky: Attaching Chart as a Thumbnail!

This might help you!

starlink

Thanks Spirit (you mind I dont say "lost"?:)) Well, you got that one quickly done! My compliments!
I hope I have time tomorrow for a closer look. I wont be around for 2 weeks, so if you dont hear, you know why. But I'll make a note of it for later.

Cheers, STarlink

amzolt

Lost_spirit said:
...why do I have so many violent fixed stars? Are things so bad for me?

First, "violent fixed stars" is a fabrication of certain astrologers, not some truth about your destiny.

Second, real astrology has no automatic "good" or "bad" factors--the positive and negative experiences come from our free will in using the potential of the chart...

Third, many stars involved with your natal chart shows more "illumination", eh?

Tip from an experienced astrologer:

If someone starts trying to predict events with astrology, turn around and run!;)

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Amzolt, you said

First, "violent fixed stars" is a fabrication of certain astrologers, not some truth about your destiny.
As far as I know, fixed stars have been used in astrology since the earliest days of astrology..its not a fabrication at all.
Lost Spirit I really don't think you need to focus on the fearful side of fixed stars..I havent had time to check out your chart (but I will) but we all have loads of fixed stars in our charts.
RE
If someone starts trying to predict events with astrology, turn around and run
From this I understand you do not accept predictive astrology?
Lost Spirit,We have to live amongst what is there in the sky-all of us.
I personally do not use fixed stars in my chart readings as there are too many to consider.Many astrologers dont use them but still give credence to those who do.
I think by understanding the aspects that planets make in our charts we can learn how to avoid certain situations.Nothing is really set in stone.
Cheers
Lillyjgc

amzolt

lillyjgc said:
Amzolt, you said

As far as I know, fixed stars have been used in astrology since the earliest days of astrology..its not a fabrication at all.

Fixed stars are certainly not a fabrication but the meanings attributed to them too often are--the "violent" aspect, to me, is a pure fabrication...

lillyjgc said:
RE
If someone starts trying to predict events with astrology, turn around and run
From this I understand you do not accept predictive astrology?

I accept the prediction of cycles of meaning but not the prediction of events. I have empirical evidence that astrology is about meanings in life--we (all of us in any given situation) self-predict the events to carry the meanings, even if that "prediction" is mostly unconscious...

lillyjgc said:
Nothing is really set in stone.
Cheers
Lillyjgc

Glad you ended your responses this way! All I could add would be that the psychological meanings of a chart are set, the events are not set, and I would replace stone with clay... ;)

Last edited:

amzolt

Lost_spirit said:
There you go :cool::

After looking at the chart you posted, I'd say you could banish the fears if you focus on developing Positive meanings for two aspects in particular:

Moon Square Pluto and Mercury Square Neptune...

Awakened_Pisces

That line looks a bit longer then it should, implying that Saturn is also squaring the moon.

Pluto in Libra can be a very powerful aspect. Libra's all about balance, harmony and peace. Houses 1-4 are about the interpersonal. Actually, you can add the 12th house to that too. The 3rd/4th house spectrum deals with parents, teachers, ETC.

With Pluto and Saturn conjunct. On the positive side, you can see the status quo, the guys in charge and you can change them to a more positive enlightment. Another possible interptation is that you can rule in a revolutionary and positive way that also stablizes.

Squaring the Moon in Cancer in House 11, which is of friendships. Means that you need to try not to think of your friends/colleagues, ETC as not the world itself. There's more to it then meets the eye.

Try to maintain a positive and open outlook on life.

Of utmost importance to me and what catches my eye and IMO more important then Moon-Pluto and Mercury-Neptune(Though I place emphasis on this more)

Did you notice, amzolt? The near-perfect conjunction of Uranus and Jupiter. Focusing on this first, Jupiter in astrology is known as the sign of growth, expansion and enlightment. Whereas Uranus is known as the revolver, the "change" planet(See: Prior election).

Uranus conjunct Jupiter means you have the energies to change your personality for the better or the worse, it's all on how you use it ;).

Now I fear the square that it makes to the Venus-Mars conjunction.(Particularly as Mars has just entered the sign of your ASC).

On the positive romantic side, Venus conjunct Mars can make for the passionate sexual person, someone who can be really loving and caring for his or her partner. We see, thereby a sextile of the ruler of the 7th(Neptune) with this conjunction.

I'll only focus on the positive of this sextile and not the potential negative I see. My warning will be this: Know that there will always be one that accepts you, never try and force someone to do so.

My greatest fear of all, that I see in your chart, that as Mars has just entered your ASC of Virgo(Of which Mercury rules). That the Mercury-Neptune square could potentially set off the Venus-Mars conjunct hidden love of war and violence.

These are squares, so they can be overcome. But sadly, let us also admit that whilst we have some control, we don't have full control(or there wouldn't be a need for astrology to begin with). If fate has determined thereby that you must release karma in a negative way. Then it must be done.

Last edited:

amzolt

Confusedpisces said:
That line looks a bit longer then it should, implying that Saturn is also squaring the moon.

Pluto in Libra can be a very powerful aspect. Libra's all about balance, harmony and peace. Houses 1-4 are about the interpersonal. Actually, you can add the 12th house to that too. The 3rd/4th house spectrum deals with parents, teachers, ETC.

With Pluto and Saturn conjunct. On the positive side, you can see the status quo, the guys in charge and you can change them to a more positive enlightment. Another possible interptation is that you can rule in a revolutionary and positive way that also stablizes.

Squaring the Moon in Cancer in House 11, which is of friendships. Means that you need to try not to think of your friends/colleagues, ETC as not the world itself. There's more to it then meets the eye.

Try to maintain a positive and open outlook on life....

You start off so relatively positive...

Confusedpisces said:
I mean, look at Adolf Hitler. Do you think he wanted to destory the world basically? Well, sort of he did. But I bet if he had a choice, he wouldn't cost so many lives.

Then, you end in a quarry of negativity.

Of course Hitler had a choice. If a person has no free will they aren't human; and, even though Hitler exhibited inhuman actions, he was human--a human who made so many negative choices that he warped his birthchart's positive potential...

Awakened_Pisces

He had a choice, had he known what was in front of him. But because he didn't(I doubt he studied astrology, I even doubt he'd be interested. Couldn't even grasp the simplest of economic theory) it's like a blind man driving a car. It will most surely crash.

Now we have the technology and the spiritual awareness to partake in astrology and in short, a serial killer in 1980, today can be transformed into a much better person.

Edit: I erased the line referring to the leader of the Third Reich. But I maintain my point of karma, and how things are sometimes meant to be. They are, no used denying that.

Last edited:

amzolt

Confusedpisces said:
...I maintain my point of karma, and how things are sometimes meant to be. They are, no used denying that.

Karma is the partner of Dharma--neither is good or bad in essence...

And, I certainly hope I'm not misunderstanding your point...:confused:

Awakened_Pisces

Neither is good or bad, because karma itself has no qualities. It depends on the person of whom has the karma.

The person has control, but the whole world around us also does. Some things can't be helped. You hate traffic? Too bad. It just so happened everyone went the same route.

Lost_spirit

Very interested reading there ConfuzedPisces(first reading ever done to me),thank you!I almost feel like you know me.:eek:I agree with everything you said.It's true I change my personality very often,sometimes for better and sometimes for worse.I usually try for the best.My friendships are problematic with moon in the 11th.It's also true I'm very loving with my partner.As for the hidden love of war and violence..wow,what can I say.I have a very dark side inside of me,and it even surfaced sometime early this year and made me really depressed.So what did I do?Tried to focus only on the positive side of things,let love surface instead of hate and violence and it really helped me be a better person.If some things are meant to happen and I can't avoid them,well..let them happen!

amzolt

Lost_spirit,

It's just great that you had a profound reaction to a reading from ConfuzedPisces but saying, "If some things are meant to happen and I can't avoid them, well..let them happen!", is dangerous psychologically if those things are within the power of your free will. Deterministic, Fate-laden Astrology was discredited long ago...

Awakened_Pisces

Amzolt: It really less has to do with astrology but more of everyday life and common sense.

Could you have helped it that the traffic was so huge that day? It was just "fate" or you can call it "coincidence or "luck" but regardless, it wasn't something in man's control.