Astrologers' Community

Astrologers' Community (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dignities & debilities (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Mars in Libra (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23619)

yeshwanthi.v 04-03-2010 11:40 AM

Mars in Libra
 
Hi everyone! :D I'm new to this board. I didn't know where else I could post this question so I decided, why not start here.

Although I don't suffer from anger management issues, a lot of people (close friends, family members, acquaintances and the like) have commented that when I do get angry, I'm scary to behold and have known to create quite a storm. Strangers and friends (not-so-close-friends) get the impression from me that I'm aloof, a loner, reserved and silent (but not shy). The very same friends, strangers and acquaintances usually are very shocked to see a totally different side to me when I'm enraged. I don't get angry immediately on issues, unlike many of the very same friends, strangers and acquaintances I'm referring to. It's not that the anger isn't there. It's definitely there, but it takes a long time to build up before I really feel it justified to let it all out. It takes some time for people to really get to me/ get on my nerves. The kind of issues that get to me are anyone who tries to dominate me/treat me like a doormat or rude, uncouth, vulgar, aggressive, violent, verbally/physically abusive behavior, either towards me or someone I love or care about (and in some cases even towards a stranger). Although I have never used physical violence when I'm angry, people still get very intimidated by me/shocked by my behavior when I finally let it loose. I always use words to get my point across (to the person who is trying to get to me) and never use physical violence. People have told me that when I'm enraged I come across as VERY cold and calculating, but bold and dangerous none-the-less. At times I have surprised my own self. Sometimes when I look back at some of the incidents, I'm surprised by my own behavior and wonder about what bought on the sudden spurt of courage/boldness during such situations for someone as introverted as me.

Anyway, my question was: I have read a lot about how Mars in Aries or Scorpio is the best mars-placement in a birth chart. I've come across a lot of astrology articles which praise these placements. And pretty much every astrology book and article I have ever read criticizes the Mars in Libra placement, as it is considered to be a very weak Mars. The reason why this surprises me, is because I have a Mars in Libra.

In case someone wants to have a look at my birth chart, I've given below the details of each planet and the houses and signs they fall in:

Ascendant-Capricorn-12 degrees
Sun-10th house-Libra-27 degrees
Moon-7th house-Cancer-25 degrees
Mercury-9th house-Libra-14 degrees
Mars-9th house-Libra-20 degrees
Venus-11th house-Sagittarius-14 degrees
Jupiter-6th house-Cancer-10 degrees
Saturn-12th house-Capricorn-08 degrees
North Node-2nd house-Aquarius-23 degrees

Choe 04-03-2010 12:48 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
I
don't see nothing strange here..

The strong never shows his strength loud..Really strong people are the quietest,and they act, don't shout.
If you read Lao Tze ,you will see that the strong one never shows his strength in that way.
Don't worry I think it's typical reaction of Mars in Li plus conjuct Sun.

Does it make 90square with Uranus?
And are you man or woman??

Mars in Libra can be very calculating yes :)

Scorpio86 04-03-2010 03:14 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeshwanthi.v (Post 196658)
Hi everyone! :D I'm new to this board. I didn't know where else I could post this question so I decided, why not start here.

Although I don't suffer from anger management issues, a lot of people (close friends, family members, acquaintances and the like) have commented that when I do get angry, I'm scary to behold and have known to create quite a storm. Strangers and friends (not-so-close-friends) get the impression from me that I'm aloof, a loner, reserved and silent (but not shy). The very same friends, strangers and acquaintances usually are very shocked to see a totally different side to me when I'm enraged. I don't get angry immediately on issues, unlike many of the very same friends, strangers and acquaintances I'm referring to. It's not that the anger isn't there. It's definitely there, but it takes a long time to build up before I really feel it justified to let it all out. It takes some time for people to really get to me/ get on my nerves. The kind of issues that get to me are anyone who tries to dominate me/treat me like a doormat or rude, uncouth, vulgar, aggressive, violent, verbally/physically abusive behavior, either towards me or someone I love or care about (and in some cases even towards a stranger). Although I have never used physical violence when I'm angry, people still get very intimidated by me/shocked by my behavior when I finally let it loose. I always use words to get my point across (to the person who is trying to get to me) and never use physical violence. People have told me that when I'm enraged I come across as VERY cold and calculating, but bold and dangerous none-the-less. At times I have surprised my own self. Sometimes when I look back at some of the incidents, I'm surprised by my own behavior and wonder about what bought on the sudden spurt of courage/boldness during such situations for someone as introverted as me.

Anyway, my question was: I have read a lot about how Mars in Aries or Scorpio is the best mars-placement in a birth chart. I've come across a lot of astrology articles which praise these placements. And pretty much every astrology book and article I have ever read criticizes the Mars in Libra placement, as it is considered to be a very weak Mars. The reason why this surprises me, is because I have a Mars in Libra.

In case someone wants to have a look at my birth chart, I've given below the details of each planet and the houses and signs they fall in:

Ascendant-Capricorn-12 degrees
Sun-10th house-Libra-27 degrees
Moon-7th house-Cancer-25 degrees
Mercury-9th house-Libra-14 degrees
Mars-9th house-Libra-20 degrees
Venus-11th house-Sagittarius-14 degrees
Jupiter-6th house-Cancer-10 degrees
Saturn-12th house-Capricorn-08 degrees
North Node-2nd house-Aquarius-23 degrees

I'm actually the same way. Usually very quiet and reserved, but I get incredibly angry very quickly and use really vulgar language to get my anger across.

I've noticed that we have a similarity in our charts. We both have Moon in Cancer, in the 7th House. I know that a lot of people with Cancer Moons are incredibly moody and can get angered easily, so maybe that's the problem?

My Mars is in Aquarius, by the way, so we both have our Mars in an Air sign. Don't know if that has any bearing or not.

greentwinkle 04-03-2010 04:05 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeshwanthi.v (Post 196658)
Hi everyone! :D I'm new to this board. I didn't know where else I could post this question so I decided, why not start here.

Although I don't suffer from anger management issues, a lot of people (close friends, family members, acquaintances and the like) have commented that when I do get angry, I'm scary to behold and have known to create quite a storm. Strangers and friends (not-so-close-friends) get the impression from me that I'm aloof, a loner, reserved and silent (but not shy). The very same friends, strangers and acquaintances usually are very shocked to see a totally different side to me when I'm enraged. I don't get angry immediately on issues, unlike many of the very same friends, strangers and acquaintances I'm referring to. It's not that the anger isn't there. It's definitely there, but it takes a long time to build up before I really feel it justified to let it all out. It takes some time for people to really get to me/ get on my nerves. The kind of issues that get to me are anyone who tries to dominate me/treat me like a doormat or rude, uncouth, vulgar, aggressive, violent, verbally/physically abusive behavior, either towards me or someone I love or care about (and in some cases even towards a stranger). Although I have never used physical violence when I'm angry, people still get very intimidated by me/shocked by my behavior when I finally let it loose. I always use words to get my point across (to the person who is trying to get to me) and never use physical violence. People have told me that when I'm enraged I come across as VERY cold and calculating, but bold and dangerous none-the-less. At times I have surprised my own self. Sometimes when I look back at some of the incidents, I'm surprised by my own behavior and wonder about what bought on the sudden spurt of courage/boldness during such situations for someone as introverted as me.

Anyway, my question was: I have read a lot about how Mars in Aries or Scorpio is the best mars-placement in a birth chart. I've come across a lot of astrology articles which praise these placements. And pretty much every astrology book and article I have ever read criticizes the Mars in Libra placement, as it is considered to be a very weak Mars. The reason why this surprises me, is because I have a Mars in Libra.

In case someone wants to have a look at my birth chart, I've given below the details of each planet and the houses and signs they fall in:

Ascendant-Capricorn-12 degrees
Sun-10th house-Libra-27 degrees
Moon-7th house-Cancer-25 degrees
Mercury-9th house-Libra-14 degrees
Mars-9th house-Libra-20 degrees
Venus-11th house-Sagittarius-14 degrees
Jupiter-6th house-Cancer-10 degrees
Saturn-12th house-Capricorn-08 degrees
North Node-2nd house-Aquarius-23 degrees

Hi Yeshwanthi,
I think Mars is simply put action. Yes, anger finds an outlet through Mars & the aspects it receives.
You referred to reading mars in scorp & aries being dignified/praised because acc to traditional astro these placements suggest that the keywords associated with Mars(incl anger) find an easier outlet when placed in these signs.
Nonetheless, many times I believe the surprise factor takes over when people expecting ur ascendant(cappy) colouring ur personality with a tinge of reserve are shocked when mars kicks in.
Now Mars in Libra is not at ease in the sense the sign Libra is about peace & harmony & maintaining balance & Mars is action & attack. So u see mars in Libra uses the weapons of words/irony/biting sarcasm(air) whereas a Mars in Aries would resort to rash/hot words/swearing and throwing tantrums etc, a Mars in scorp would plan revenge & strategise and obsess etc
I notice you have Sun conjunct Mars/Mercury. That should indicate a sharp mind that uses words to get even. You see the Sun joins smoothly with the energies of Mars, so u see You can & do get angry & it IS a sight to behold, no matter which sign mars is placed.
Just my thoughts, I too am a beginner, BTW
:smile:

Caro 04-03-2010 08:02 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
HI

I have mars in libra in 12 th house. I do generally try and keep the peace. the mediator in families/frienships etc. but I too have a temper which surprises those I get close to cos it comes unexpectedly!!!

I find that I do feel for people and often can express anger for disadvantaged quicker than for myself.

then a 12th house placement is different to yours.

tanamarios 04-03-2010 08:23 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caro (Post 196718)
HI

I have mars in libra in 12 th house. I do generally try and keep the peace. the mediator in families/frienships etc. but I too have a temper which surprises those I get close to cos it comes unexpectedly!!!

I find that I do feel for people and often can express anger for disadvantaged quicker than for myself.

then a 12th house placement is different to yours.

Mars in Libra have a particular problem: It'll tend to be the strongest against the weakest , and the weakest against the strongest , it has the tendency of abusing and be abused around the life of the native.

Choe 04-03-2010 10:41 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caro (Post 196718)
HI

I have mars in libra in 12 th house. I do generally try and keep the peace. the mediator in families/frienships etc. but I too have a temper which surprises those I get close to cos it comes unexpectedly!!!

I find that I do feel for people and often can express anger for disadvantaged quicker than for myself.

then a 12th house placement is different to yours.

Hi,Caro would you like to post your chart so I can see what makes you stand for others?
As I don't think it's only Mars in Libra,I' m not sure it's only Mars in Li..
It could be that you have for example Virgo(cause they can be brave too) and /or Sag..

Let me see that chart of yours(Where is your Moon??). :pouty::pouty:

tanamarios 04-03-2010 11:11 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Haizea (Post 196729)
tanamarios, the words abusing and abused are a bit strong (at least to my ears). Could you please explain what you mean?

Por favor... :smile:


And I guess I should add that I don't agree with it, in whatever style of abuse you are referring to.

sure no problem. :happy: Mars in Libra have the particular thing that they use force to relate to others. They attract ill-tempered partners which provokes in the native a sense of weakness , also by the contrary , they also attracts people with thin emotional "skin" ,provoking that the native acts very forcefully to these partners. I think the words "abusing" or "abused" sounds quite harsh , but in extremes cases ("bad"aspects) it could happen.

yeshwanthi.v 04-04-2010 03:35 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Choe (Post 196665)
I
don't see nothing strange here..

The strong never shows his strength loud..Really strong people are the quietest,and they act, don't shout.
If you read Lao Tze ,you will see that the strong one never shows his strength in that way.
Don't worry I think it's typical reaction of Mars in Li plus conjuct Sun.

Does it make 90square with Uranus?
And are you man or woman??

Mars in Libra can be very calculating yes :)

I have read Lao Tze, and yeah, well I guess it's more a case of 'empty vessels make more noise'. I'm a woman Choe :smile:

Tora: I'm sorry I don't think we know each other, but why ask?

Scorpio86: Yes, moodiness is a major part of my character since I was young. And I agree that a lot of the times the anger issues have something to do with my moodiness. Although the moodiness is only something that my family members are aware of and not friends, acquaintances and close friends. Its because family members are more likely to forgive you for your moodiness, whereas friends are not so forgiving. I guess I've ended up taking my family members for granted. I agree its a major flaw in me, but I've managed to have a better control of it over the past few years. I guess its more a case of old habits dying hard. Mars in any air sign is usually (in traditional astrology) considered weak and criticized a lot (especially the Mars in Libra position that gets a lot of flak)

Caro: I have to admit, the houses do color a person's sign and the person's planet. The reason I say this is because, I've been studying theology, astrology, philosophy, religion, and spirituality since I was 11 years old. Doing research, googling, reading and studying such topics was one of my hobbies or interests since I was 11. Considering the fact that I have a Mercury and Mars in the 9th house (which is considered as the house of religion, philosophy and higher thinking), plus a Venus in Sagittarius, I guess it did contribute to my interest and passion for such topics since I was young.

iwonder 04-04-2010 03:58 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Hi yeshwanthi.v,

I also have Mars in Libra and can relate to what you describe. I think it is very Mars-in-Libra-like to get infuriated by rudeness, injustice, violence and other things that are not Libran.

As for strong reactions, Mars is still Mars, wherever it is, especially if it is close to Sun like in your case. Does it rule your 3rd house? Then here is another explanation why you sometimes communicate the way you do.

Here is an interesting article about planets in fall or detriment:
http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0001767.HTM
and here is about Mars in Libra:
http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0001828.HTM

I don't agree that Mars is Libra is bad. It is different. Pure Marcian energy - self-centered, aggressive, proactive - is difficult to express through cooperative, relationship-building, harmony-seeking Libra. But is it bad if you can get your point across and keep other happy?

iwonder 04-04-2010 04:16 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tanamarios (Post 196744)
sure no problem. :happy: Mars in Libra have the particular thing that they use force to relate to others. They attract ill-tempered partners which provokes in the native a sense of weakness , also by the contrary , they also attracts people with thin emotional "skin" ,provoking that the native acts very forcefully to these partners. I think the words "abusing" or "abused" sounds quite harsh , but in extremes cases ("bad"aspects) it could happen.

As an owner of Mars in Libra, I must disagree. No, I don't use force relating to others (I wish I could, though). I am actually very nice, diplomatic and respect boundaries. I looked at others with more favorable Mars placements use their force and tried it myself. Never worked. It is just not me, I don't know how to deal with it and suffer myself.

I do attract ill-tempered partners, but not to be weak. I like these men because of the challenge to withstand their intense personalities, I enjoy the thrill. Call it power struggle, if you want. My Mars is in tight conjunction with Pluto, so that may explain it. Actually, feeling weak is never attractive.

As for abusing the weak, no. I know weaknesses others have, but using them is just not fair. At least consciously, I don't do it.

yeshwanthi.v 04-04-2010 04:19 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by greentwinkle (Post 196687)
Hi Yeshwanthi,
I think Mars is simply put action. Yes, anger finds an outlet through Mars & the aspects it receives.
You referred to reading mars in scorp & aries being dignified/praised because acc to traditional astro these placements suggest that the keywords associated with Mars(incl anger) find an easier outlet when placed in these signs.
Nonetheless, many times I believe the surprise factor takes over when people expecting ur ascendant(cappy) colouring ur personality with a tinge of reserve are shocked when mars kicks in.
Now Mars in Libra is not at ease in the sense the sign Libra is about peace & harmony & maintaining balance & Mars is action & attack. So u see mars in Libra uses the weapons of words/irony/biting sarcasm(air) whereas a Mars in Aries would resort to rash/hot words/swearing and throwing tantrums etc, a Mars in scorp would plan revenge & strategise and obsess etc
I notice you have Sun conjunct Mars/Mercury. That should indicate a sharp mind that uses words to get even. You see the Sun joins smoothly with the energies of Mars, so u see You can & do get angry & it IS a sight to behold, no matter which sign mars is placed.
Just my thoughts, I too am a beginner, BTW
:smile:

I think you just beautifully and articulately nailed it!:D
I guess the reason I originally posted this question greentwinkle, was because I was wondering if the preponderance of cardinal signs in my chart had something to do with it, as in, providing me the courage to take action on issues that catch my attention immediately, hence I tend to come off as intimidating and bold to the people around me? Because the two keywords that are always used to describe cardinal signs (in traditional and modern astrology), is initiative and forceful. Cardinal signs are known for being extremely self-motivated.
Or could it be the fact that I have so many squares and oppositions in my chart that causes me to give off a dangerous-vibe, and come on very strongly to the people around me? I've read somewhere once that having many squares in a person's chart is equivalent to having a loaded gun placed on your sofa or chair. Just because its not going off at the moment, does not mean it is not dangerous.
Or could it be the fact that both my Mars and Mercury are in the 9th house (which is a fire-element house, ruled by Sagittarius) that colors my actions, thus adding a dash of boldness, courage or daring?

Or maybe, as you suggested, its the conjunction between the Sun and Mars (and Mercury as well) that provides me the sudden spurt of courage during negative situations that call for it. I guess, your explanation is the most likely one.

Or maybe, its all of the above! :lol:

Caro 04-04-2010 07:35 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Chloe - I attach it now for you. I think helping others can help ease the frustration of a 12th house planet. (or indeed any 12th house placing it is found a lot in those who do public service)

I have been a member of greenpeace, now support amnesty international.

Im definitely a champion of the underdog.

yeswanthi - great placing for mars in 9th house but dont over do it!!! I have jupiter in cancer in 9th I think it is the highlight of my chart.:biggrin:

tanamarios/Haizea - I must admit I was a bit taken aback myself and felt there was a misinterpretation there and directness by your post. HOwever my first boyfriend was definitely a bully though he had mars in scorpio and a sun in pisces with pisces moon. But Ive learnt since then.

I think all mars placing have good and bad points.

Claire19 04-08-2010 06:15 AM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Can you post a visual chart please. It is difficult to read a lot of data. Astrodienst will do one for free.

I have also Mars in Libra and tend to get angry about injustice and lack of morality and fairness. I can be verbally aggressive but never physically. Is that the conjunction with Neptune????

Mars in Libra very often like to flirt and show interest in a partner this way. They can use endearments whilst expressing anger even. I dont see this aspect as calculating unless it has a connection to Mercury or the 3rd house or again Saturn.

Mars in Libra gives grace of movement and a love of dance and because it is in opposite to the Mars in Aries, it is not necessarily a bad thing as Aries can be brash, reckless, cruel and selfish....Mars in Libra tends to intellectualise anger or suppress it because they want to be seen as nice, fair and equitable and are very aware of others reactions. Can give variable energy levels and overall is a peacekeeper.

It depends again on what other aspects it has.

:happy:

yeshwanthi.v 04-08-2010 12:18 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iwonder (Post 196817)
Hi yeshwanthi.v,

I also have Mars in Libra and can relate to what you describe. I think it is very Mars-in-Libra-like to get infuriated by rudeness, injustice, violence and other things that are not Libran.

As for strong reactions, Mars is still Mars, wherever it is, especially if it is close to Sun like in your case. Does it rule your 3rd house? Then here is another explanation why you sometimes communicate the way you do.

Here is an interesting article about planets in fall or detriment:
http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0001767.HTM
and here is about Mars in Libra:
http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0001828.HTM

I don't agree that Mars is Libra is bad. It is different. Pure Marcian energy - self-centered, aggressive, proactive - is difficult to express through cooperative, relationship-building, harmony-seeking Libra. But is it bad if you can get your point across and keep other happy?

Hey! Thanks for the links. It was useful. But I do wish that he should have made the article longer.

I've always had frequent arguments/discussions with family members and friends about sexist ideas/expectations that **** me off since I was as young as 10. Whether I caught sight of a sexist idea/expectation in a book I've read or movies I watched or songs that talk about women in demeaning terms (rap songs mainly), or mainly most sexist ideas and expectations that exist in real life itself, in the society that we live in. I've had debates, arguments and discussions about these topics and people have told me that I tend to not only come on very strong, passionate and argumentative when I'm voicing my opinions but that I also tend to notice small (but essential and important) things that most people tend to miss. And most of these small things I refer to, have either something to do with inequality and imbalance in the society at large (whether that be in a platonic/sexual/romantic relationship for whatever reason or the colors in a painting. It doesn't really make a difference to me what it is. As long as the balance/symmetry is out of place in any particular situation, so long will I be the first to point it out to the people around me) or philosophical topics.

And like you (and others) have pointed out, I think the close Sun-Mercury-Mars triple-conjunction (no matter what sign it falls under) tends to give off sudden spurts of courage to the individual during situations where it is needed or required.

Pure marcian energy working through Libra is equivalent to having an iron fist in a velvet glove. Just because the hands look pretty and delicate, clothed in a velvet glove, doesn't mean the punches are not going to feel brutal and hard. I think that is one of the strong points of Mars in Libra (that traditional astrology underestimates), in that it can really trick people and catch them of guard before those very same people realize what they've gotten themselves into.

yeshwanthi.v 04-08-2010 12:33 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Haizea (Post 196831)
yesh, I thought of your cardinality...that might make people see you as "capable for action". :biggrin:

And this:



looks like the mix Libra/Capri. Your only Fire is Venus. Lots of Air and Earth, when I think Fire and Water are much more spontaneous in their showing of any emotion and get it out as it comes, most of the time.

Much must be related to the non-expression of little anger, and waiting till it is big. I would be the same in relation to this, but my Sun is also Air...and I think that'd be related too.

But my Asc. is Fire, so when I am angry I don't think I come out so much as calculating, but as Fire. :lol: In fact, I think people would see me more explosive than I really am, as I have never really lost my mind (something I can see other people do).

Mars aspects should make us all very different too.

I think you are right Haizea. The lack of fire could be the reason I tend to come off as cold and calculating. I'm not very spontaneous, boisterous and outspoken about my feelings, something which fire signs are good at (whether those feelings are anger, sadness, or joy, it doesn't really matter. It's usually all out in the open with fire signs :D). I think people mistake my attitude to mean that I'm being a doormat or that I'm just plain dumb or lack a backbone, simply because I've been silent.

Claire19: Are you referring to me or to someone else? I'm sorry, its just that I'm confused about whether you are referring to me or to Caro?

Claire19 04-09-2010 05:04 AM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Haizea (Post 196729)
tanamarios, the words abusing and abused are a bit strong (at least to my ears). Could you please explain what you mean?

Por favor... :smile:


And I guess I should add that I don't agree with it, in whatever style of abuse you are referring to.

I agree that abuse does not come into it and I have Mars in Libra too. Pluto is more abuse. Mars in Libra has a tendency to get angry about violence and wishes for peace and accord. It is the advocate for fairness and the law.

Claire19 04-09-2010 05:07 AM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeshwanthi.v (Post 197612)
I think you are right Haizea. The lack of fire could be the reason I tend to come off as cold and calculating. I'm not very spontaneous, boisterous and outspoken about my feelings, something which fire signs are good at (whether those feelings are anger, sadness, or joy, it doesn't really matter. It's usually all out in the open with fire signs :D). I think people mistake my attitude to mean that I'm being a doormat or that I'm just plain dumb or lack a backbone, simply because I've been silent.

Claire19: Are you referring to me or to someone else? I'm sorry, its just that I'm confused about whether you are referring to me or to Caro?

In what way???

Claire19 04-09-2010 05:11 AM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caro (Post 196718)
HI

I have mars in libra in 12 th house. I do generally try and keep the peace. the mediator in families/frienships etc. but I too have a temper which surprises those I get close to cos it comes unexpectedly!!!

I find that I do feel for people and often can express anger for disadvantaged quicker than for myself.

then a 12th house placement is different to yours.

I am the same and I have Mars in Libra conjunct Neptune so am a champion of the underdog and legal rights. I think we can all be triggered by certain things and we have aspects to Mars from other planets so that may account for a temper. SOmetimes Mars in Libra can express anger with endearments and may flirt with others to get even with a partner.
eg..Darling, I am so mad at you!"

Caro 04-09-2010 10:56 AM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
The negative side of mars in libra is lack of energy, its not a powerful energiser.
also procrastination ( I certainly weigh up everything before making a choice - with scorpio rising I dig very deep indeed)
I do like an argument/debate though - happy to see all sides!:sideways:

yeshwanthi.v 04-09-2010 02:56 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claire19 (Post 197773)
In what way???

I asked whether you were referring to me because you said in one of your previous posts "can you post a visual chart please?", so I was left wondering if that question was to me or to someone else.

njmfff 06-03-2010 04:52 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeshwanthi.v (Post 196658)
Hi everyone! :D I'm new to this board. I didn't know where else I could post this question so I decided, why not start here.

Although I don't suffer from anger management issues, a lot of people (close friends, family members, acquaintances and the like) have commented that when I do get angry, I'm scary to behold and have known to create quite a storm. Strangers and friends (not-so-close-friends) get the impression from me that I'm aloof, a loner, reserved and silent (but not shy). The very same friends, strangers and acquaintances usually are very shocked to see a totally different side to me when I'm enraged. I don't get angry immediately on issues, unlike many of the very same friends, strangers and acquaintances I'm referring to. It's not that the anger isn't there. It's definitely there, but it takes a long time to build up before I really feel it justified to let it all out. It takes some time for people to really get to me/ get on my nerves. The kind of issues that get to me are anyone who tries to dominate me/treat me like a doormat or rude, uncouth, vulgar, aggressive, violent, verbally/physically abusive behavior, either towards me or someone I love or care about (and in some cases even towards a stranger). Although I have never used physical violence when I'm angry, people still get very intimidated by me/shocked by my behavior when I finally let it loose. I always use words to get my point across (to the person who is trying to get to me) and never use physical violence. People have told me that when I'm enraged I come across as VERY cold and calculating, but bold and dangerous none-the-less. At times I have surprised my own self. Sometimes when I look back at some of the incidents, I'm surprised by my own behavior and wonder about what bought on the sudden spurt of courage/boldness during such situations for someone as introverted as me.

Anyway, my question was: I have read a lot about how Mars in Aries or Scorpio is the best mars-placement in a birth chart. I've come across a lot of astrology articles which praise these placements. And pretty much every astrology book and article I have ever read criticizes the Mars in Libra placement, as it is considered to be a very weak Mars. The reason why this surprises me, is because I have a Mars in Libra.

In case someone wants to have a look at my birth chart, I've given below the details of each planet and the houses and signs they fall in:

Jes, I know the girl who has Mars in Libra and she is exactly the same! She's quite, takes lot time to provoke her, but when she get's angry, booooy, better run. She looks scary (and hot) when she's angry. She also resolves every battle with words, usually just few. :whistling:

and it takes looong time to get to know her, usually looks very cold and calculated, but once you do get to know her, her other side is all you see... She's warm, friendly and very social.

Vulgar and rude guys are also big turn off for her and she hates when bad things are done to people (strong sense of justice) ... is it same for you? :pouty:

Caro 06-03-2010 06:08 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
njmfff - you pretty much have described me.

and yes people see like that too maybe it is the unknown that people dont like. so with fiery types they know what they will get when you have a longer fuse they are not sure when you will blow!!!

njmfff 06-03-2010 11:49 PM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
heh... I know the feeling... I am no Mars in Libra, but I do have high tolerance for everything... but when I explode, you better run. Good thing is that I quickly calm myself, but still if you get near for those few moments when I explode and you are cause of my outburst...

don't know how is with you, but I can tolerate someone for years... but eventually fuse is gone and I explode. Mix in little of my unpredictability and you get the picture... Some people are just persistent in being a-holes and they need to dealt with when there's no more way to avoid them. -.-

Claire19 06-04-2010 03:31 AM

Re: Mars in Libra
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caro (Post 196718)
HI

I have mars in libra in 12 th house. I do generally try and keep the peace. the mediator in families/frienships etc. but I too have a temper which surprises those I get close to cos it comes unexpectedly!!!

I find that I do feel for people and often can express anger for disadvantaged quicker than for myself.

then a 12th house placement is different to yours.

Moon connected to Mars gives a temper if it is a challenging aspect.
I have Mars in Libra in the 8th and get very angry at injustice and
conjunct to Neptune, I can be verbally aggressive if I feel rights are being violated but not physically. I think it leads to strong sexuality in the 8th and attraction to those who are addicted and want to rescue them. I have dealt with legal matters and confidential as Mars sextiles Saturn Mercury and Pluto in the 6th of workaday world.

I think it gives a certain refinement and grace and a liking for the finer things in life and a smooth talker as a lover who has no rough edges.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.