Other Career Indicators Besides Art

piscesmoon262

I've been working as an artist since I was 18.

Just a little bit about how I came into it- I dropped out of school when I was 16 and went to school to train to be a carpenter and while I was there would do alot of painting and sketching after school in my dorm. I never wanted to be a professional artist, I just sort of fell into it when I was homeless/in need of money at 18.
At 20 after having come out of poverty by working full time at odd jobs, (overnight at grocery stores, tarot reading, etc.), I decided to do art full time. Mostly vending sidewalk art shows and at festivals and putting my work on consignment in shops. In this short time I've definitely become established in my community as an artist to the point that people recognize me and my work.

Being self-employed has come with many struggles but I'm always optimistic :smile: and I'm very glad I no longer work for others, (I can make my own hours). However, I'm interested in getting a second pair of eyes on my chart looking for other career strengths and other possible pursuits. I don't feel like this is what I want to do full-time much longer!!

Some of my other interests are writing, (fiction), humanitarianism, (traveling to other countries and volunteer work), Buddhism, and health/fitness (I'm a long time vegan). Oh and a passion for Astrology!

I'm not really looking for a higher calling, (but if you see any let me know!). I know I'll always be dabbling in many things at once, (Lots of nervous energy here).

What I'm interested in is if you can see any other areas that would be financially uh... hmmm... stabilizing? Fortunate, maybe. Thanks!

Attachments

• alabe.png
    alabe.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 49

Oddity

Venus is in domicile in Libra in 10. That's your art, or at least some kind of Venus-inspired occupation.

Saturn is in rulership in Aquarius, is the exalted ruler of Venus, and trines it.

Have you thought about art that in some way gives form? Fashion design, for example.

piscesmoon262

Oddity- thankyou.

Form? I also make sculptures from clay and they sell well. Trying to think what other areas besides fashion design... yes I've considered it but I don't have much an interest. I guess I'm trying to pull away from the artsy career all together at the moment.

Izzy542 - thanks for your observation. In my mind, working with young children exclusively doesn't resonate with me... teaching in general holds my interest, however. What you say sounds very matter-of-fact... care to elaborate? I'm definatly not going to become a teacher for small kids! Atleast not in the traditional sense that I'm thinking of :happy:

conspiracy theorist

If you want to pull away from an art career you could engage that strong mercury of yours. It's placed in the 10th sign/9th house, in it's domicile and joined to both the Sun and Jupiter. Some suggestions could be a university teacher, travel agency work, academia, writer ( your moon in the 3rd also helps with this) etc. Your mars, which is another professional planet, is also placed in a mercurial sign therefore is disposed by the Virgo Mercury.

With Venus so strong and angular in your chart though I don't think you will ever be able to completely rid yourself of your artistry.

In the same breath, you could use your Venusian talents in your mercurial endeavours, like illustrating your fiction stories or creating works of art to delight the unfortunate in your philanthropic excursions.

piscesmoon262

Conspiracy Theorist, thankyou!

Actually the illustrating of my own fiction stories is probably what I wanted to hear most :D Thank you for reassuring me haha!

I've just always felt that the libra in my chart was a little at odds with other parts, (As an artist I feel like I'm much more strategic and business sided in contrast to other artists and create everything off a very planned out sketch. There's some tension in that for me- like I can't fully unleash my creativity). Having it in that 10th house... yes I know it'll always be an unavoidable part of my life/work.

:smile: ah well