Moon opposite Venus

CapGoddess

I've looked for a decent description online. Can't find anything worth reading.

I was wondering if anyone has some decent thoughts regarding this aspect?

If it help my Moon is also square Mercury and Pluto.

Thanks for any help.

waybread

I don't think moon opposite Venus should give you any particular troubles-- Venus tends to soften what it touches. However, the moon indicates your mother and your home, and Venus is your femininity/female sexuality. Possibly Mom wasn't too happy about your maturing into a young woman.

The Pluto square could be more difficult. Pluto was the Roman god of the underworld, and possibly you experienced some sense of shame, or the need to keep secrets about your mother or sexuality.

With Mercury in the mix, do you experience real "head" vs. "heart" conflicts?

Of course, these planets' sign and house would make a difference as to how they operate. Also, are Mercury and Pluto conjunct or in opposition?

CapGoddess

I don't think moon opposite Venus should give you any particular troubles-- Venus tends to soften what it touches. However, the moon indicates your mother and your home, and Venus is your femininity/female sexuality. Possibly Mom wasn't too happy about your maturing into a young woman.

The Pluto square could be more difficult. Pluto was the Roman god of the underworld, and possibly you experienced some sense of shame, or the need to keep secrets about your mother or sexuality.

With Mercury in the mix, do you experience real "head" vs. "heart" conflicts?

Of course, these planets' sign and house would make a difference as to how they operate. Also, are Mercury and Pluto conjunct or in opposition?

Shame? Secrets... nope. Especially not regarding my mom, unless she of course asks me not to divulge information.

I've actually been told I run on emotions. Regarding your head vs heart question.

Mercury and Pluto are squared, or so that is what my chart tells me. It's all part of one big festive T-Square.

waybread

Well, here's Robert Hand on your aspects (Planets in Youth):

Moon square Mercury: "Your emotions and your thinking influence each other so strongly that it is difficult for your to separate them...."

Moon opposite Venus: "You very much need affection from others, and you will go to great lengths to get it. You are a very warm and loving person, and you will be liked by many people... This aspect can be a sign that your mother has been overly possessive at some point..."

Moon square Pluto: "...your emotions are often so intense that you seem to be at their mercy.... You also find it hard to trust others with your emotions..."

Any of this sound like you?

CapGoddess

Moon square Mercury: "Your emotions and your thinking influence each other so strongly that it is difficult for your to separate them...."

Moon opposite Venus: "You very much need affection from others, and you will go to great lengths to get it. You are a very warm and loving person, and you will be liked by many people... This aspect can be a sign that your mother has been overly possessive at some point..."

Moon square Pluto: "...your emotions are often so intense that you seem to be at their mercy.... You also find it hard to trust others with your emotions..."

Yes my thinking and emotions usually run hand in hand.
My mother has been possessive in the past.
I don't know about intense emotions, I do know that I don't care to trust other people with them however.

Thank you for your thoughts.

CapAquaPis

Capgoddess, you're going through personal issues on your mother-child relationship. The Moon opposite Venus inflames your anger and revives some unhappy memories, further detailed by Moon squares Mercury (like Venus represents Youth) and squares Pluto (represents negativity and one's past).

If your Mom (or/and Dad) are still alive, this is the time to talk it over and the supermoon tonight (or tomorrow night) in Scorpio could spell trouble: the risk of talking it over turn into an argument or quarrel means save your words until the Moon is in your sign Capricorn on Wed. and Thu. nights (9th-10th), which is 3 or 4 days before Mother's day falls on the 13th.

byjove

Account Closed

This is the only piece about this aspect that I've ever read that I could relate to. I will take up Robert Hand on that then.

I struggle with understanding this aspect and am perplexed when I read what it means. Many things, as I say, I just can't connect to. My head and heart are sometimes on different pages, yes, but I don't think I struggle with that. I always try to reconcile them or make the best judgement of both the head and the heart. What is a problem, is I notice that I continue to be kind and helpful when someone is obviously rude or unkind to me - that will stop - the sheriff is on watch now and I will turn that around.

I'm coming back to this now as I think I've seen a fair bit of one of the traits of this in myself recently - the need for harmony. It's almost like having Mercury in the 7th, when I mentioned the other day that it takes some time to drain my patience enough for me to no longer be diplomatic in conversation, people chuckled - they knew it - and by their reactions I learned how obvious it was to others. Also, the Moon rules my 1st house and so this aspect further gains importance to me.

Also, with the Moon, there is often reference to the public, like the Moon in the 10th house. I've read some vague things about this aspect and favour with the public, anyone know anything? I don't see how.

Moon in Virgo, 3rd house
Rules 1st house
opposition Venus, seperating, appx 2 degrees, Venus in 9th
square Saturn, applying, appx 2 degrees, Saturn end of 5th

Venus in Pisces, 9th house
Rules 4th, 11th houses
opp Moon ^^
square Saturn, applying, appx 5 degrees, Saturn end of 5th
trine Pluto, seperating, appx 7 degrees, Pluto in 5th

Attachments

• 1 By Jove w POF Placidus.jpg
    1 By Jove w POF Placidus.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 2 By Jove Natal With POF Whole Sign.jpg
    2 By Jove Natal With POF Whole Sign.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Kofe

CapGoddess, which are the signs and houses of Moon oppose Venus? And where is your Mars? Has any aspect with the Moon and Venus?

CapGoddess

Moon in Leo, Venus in Capricorn, and Mars in Aquarius.

On astro.com it doesn't see Mars as making an aspect to any of those planets I believe, not even an opposition to Moon.