Is Taurus Manipulative?

kimiko8

Manipulative? Who me?’ says Taurus, ‘but I’m such a simple and straightforward soul.‘
As far as most Taureans are concerned, this statement is true though the rest of us might choose not to agree. Why? Because Taurus is a surprisingly sharp political operator. They really are; they just hide it well. So well, in fact, that obvious high-fliers are a bit shocked when diffident Taurus beats them to the job of their dreams. WTF, they didn’t even know that Taurus had put in for the job.

[edited overly-long quote against Forum rules - Moderator]

What do you think about this piece? How much of it do you find correct?
You guys can find more about your own sign from this link, too: http://theastro-coach.com/is-taurus-manipulative/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not read the article you posted but ANY Venus-ruled person, whether it be their sun or another personal planet, has great capacity for manipulation.

kimiko8

I have not read the article you posted but ANY Venus-ruled person, whether it be their sun or another personal planet, has great capacity for manipulation.

Maybe I'm wrong but Vedic astrology likes putting up Venus ruled people as 'attractors'- the things they do just gets them what they want, consciously or not (I like to think subconsciously), and to hold on to them.

Manipulation, on the other hand, is something more Mercury ruled, imo.. here you are playing with thoughts, and not of your own, but of others. You have to turn the tide in your favor, while Venus kind of starts with working with the target when it's at 'neutral', if that makes sense.

I would say even then, Taurus (Taurii?) do manipulate, but more due to the reasons listed in the article- they just do what they seem need to be done and just stay at it until it is. They will observe the target and then act in a language that their target will respond to... just 'influencing' them.

They will never call it manipulation, unless they realize it (they themselves must realize it's wrong, never try to tell them what to believe in, lol they'll just stand their ground MORE as opposition for the heck of it) and I think most would be mortified to know that influencing is also a kind of 'manipulation'.

Also, about the 'what you see is what you get'- well, they don't show much in the first place...:lol: now just because you don't see it and they don't talk about it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist..

Frisiangal

There is an astrological view that the opposing sign of one's Sun sign represents 'the unconscious' side of one's nature.
The article sounds very Scorpio-like, which is the opposing sign to Taurus.
My Taurus planets square Pluto, so I can't wash my hands completely of what is written.
The manipulation never works; planting seeds (Mars?) does. :wink:

Many years ago there was an article in the British Astrological Journal that presented the 'negative' nature within every sign, yet in a manner that was was quite amusing to read. I'm wondering if the website given is the same source.

IleneK

Premium Member
First, I agree with Frisiangal's comments about all signs containing their opposite. They all act in our unconscious in polarities like that.

Then back to the matter of Taurus and manipulation:
Everybody tries to get their way, tries to get what they want, no matter the sign. That is called trying to bend reality to one's wishes. It is a learned behaviour when we are very young, in infancy. It goes on all the time in adults, with varying degrees of success. We have different styles of trying to get what we want: persuasion, influencing, pleading, praying, cajoling, teasing, straight up asking. What you have done is focus in on Taurus' style of getting what it wants.

Out of all the means I listed above, I wonder how you might characterize your own style of getting what you want or need? I would suggest that it might be worth examining as carefully as you have examined Taurus, since this seems to be a matter of interest to you at this time?

I am truly wishing you the best...!

6thStellium

Omg, I couldn't have read this at a more appropriate time. I had a Taurean friend who is a huge manipulator. I thought perhaps it was his water moon, or maybe it's both! Lol, but Taurus is one sign i don't know much of cause it's the sign I've encountered the least. His manipulative personality is making more sense now..

Abby83

I would describe Taurus as - excessively controlling, possessive, obsessive, most jealous, and manipulative. All of this is supposed to belong to Scorpio, but I’ve only ever seen it in Taurus.

kimiko8

First, I agree with Frisiangal's comments about all signs containing their opposite. They all act in our unconscious in polarities like that.

I agree too. It’s said that the sign’s shadow is reflected its opposite. Shadow not necessarily meaning bad things, but I like to think as potential (An Aries has the potential to be diplomatic to achieve their aims, a Libra has the potential to be decisive so they can help others and achieve harmony). So here I suppose we are looking at the ‘dark’ shadow of Taurus, means if they choose to be they can be as vindictive and manipulative as a Scorpio.

Then back to the matter of Taurus and manipulation:
Everybody tries to get their way, tries to get what they want, no matter the sign. That is called trying to bend reality to one's wishes. It is a learned behaviour when we are very young, in infancy. It goes on all the time in adults, with varying degrees of success. We have different styles of trying to get what we want: persuasion, influencing, pleading, praying, cajoling, teasing, straight up asking. What you have done is focus in on Taurus' style of getting what it wants.

Yes, I have : D and I also gave a link to check out how the other signs manipulate. Of course, there is no question (here) of who is the ‘most’ manipulative, since there is no such sun sign- this personality trait will need to be supported by specific and strong aspects- so you can have a chart that points towards manipulative traits, but obviously no one sun sign grants this trait. This article was just answering if they are likely to and how. I would like to know your opinions on the pieces of your own/other sign as well (actually I’ll post up a search link to make it easier)

I chose Taurus because of two reasons, second being there seems to be a lack of Taurus-related posts.. what a boring sign XD

Out of all the means I listed above, I wonder how you might characterize your own style of getting what you want or need? I would suggest that it might be worth examining as carefully as you have examined Taurus, since this seems to be a matter of interest to you at this time?
I am truly wishing you the best...!

Oh, I’ve already examined and commented on what I think may be my style; I’m a Taurean. I want to know what everyone else thinks.

IleneK

Premium Member
I agree too. It’s said that the sign’s shadow is reflected its opposite. Shadow not necessarily meaning bad things, but I like to think as potential (An Aries has the potential to be diplomatic to achieve their aims, a Libra has the potential to be decisive so they can help others and achieve harmony). So here I suppose we are looking at the ‘dark’ shadow of Taurus, means if they choose to be they can be as vindictive and manipulative as a Scorpio.

Yes, I have : D and I also gave a link to check out how the other signs manipulate. Of course, there is no question (here) of who is the ‘most’ manipulative, since there is no such sun sign- this personality trait will need to be supported by specific and strong aspects- so you can have a chart that points towards manipulative traits, but obviously no one sun sign grants this trait. This article was just answering if they are likely to and how. I would like to know your opinions on the pieces of your own/other sign as well (actually I’ll post up a search link to make it easier)

I chose Taurus because of two reasons, second being there seems to be a lack of Taurus-related posts.. what a boring sign XD

Oh, I’ve already examined and commented on what I think may be my style; I’m a Taurean. I want to know what everyone else thinks.

Ah, yes, but you did not identify yourself as Taurus. That is, you wrote "they" instead of "I." :wink: Perhaps this is the Scorpio aspect of Taurus?:biggrin:

PS Taurus is not boring to me!

LovelyMissAries

Well, every sign is manipulative. The question is 'how.'

People may FEEL manipulated by Taurus because on the outside it looks like Taurus languishes in whatever makes them comfortable. What others don't see is how hard Taurus works to stay ahead of the game so they can enjoy the long-run. Taurus' drive is subtle and they live for preparation. I think one of the perks of Taurus energy is understanding how to quickly familiarize themselves with the right people. They are frank in those circumstances and that frankness makes them appear as comfortable to be around, or not having a hidden agenda.

Taurus is also ruled by Venus, so part of their energy is consumed by the imagine presented. Similar but different than their siblings, Virgo and Capricorn. Taurus would be mortified if someone were to think of them rude, selfish, or ill-mannered and would justify their actions away. To some, this is manipulative. Others - bullheadedness.

From my experiences with Taurus they put their own goals ahead of anything and anyone first. You're lucky if you're #9 on their speed dial because all of their responsibilities and priorities come before people who are making them their #1, hence why all of a sudden they're ahead of you in the so-called "race".

kimiko8

Ah, yes, but you did not identify yourself as Taurus. That is, you wrote "they" instead of "I." :wink: Perhaps this is the Scorpio aspect of Taurus?:biggrin:

PS Taurus is not boring to me!

:lol: I left it out on purpose. I don't want people coming in to say I'm here banging my own drum. I just want to see people's reactions to it :D

kimiko8

Well, every sign is manipulative. The question is 'how.'

People may FEEL manipulated by Taurus because on the outside it looks like Taurus languishes in whatever makes them comfortable. What others don't see is how hard Taurus works to stay ahead of the game so they can enjoy the long-run. Taurus' drive is subtle and they live for preparation. I think one of the perks of Taurus energy is understanding how to quickly familiarize themselves with the right people. They are frank in those circumstances and that frankness makes them appear as comfortable to be around, or not having a hidden agenda.

Taurus is also ruled by Venus, so part of their energy is consumed by the imagine presented. Similar but different than their siblings, Virgo and Capricorn. Taurus would be mortified if someone were to think of them rude, selfish, or ill-mannered and would justify their actions away. To some, this is manipulative. Others - bullheadedness.

From my experiences with Taurus they put their own goals ahead of anything and anyone first. You're lucky if you're #9 on their speed dial because all of their responsibilities and priorities come before people who are making them their #1, hence why all of a sudden they're ahead of you in the so-called "race".

I like your take on this. Call it bad or good, I have things instead of people on my priority list - my career, my interests, my agenda, my wishes, my family's needs (not them as a person but more like my responsibility to them) instead of any specific person. There is rarely a time for me where I 'drop everything' to rush to a person. At least, I have faith that the people I love are worth loving because they can take care of themselves until I appear.

If I'm sharing details about my plans it's probably out of concern for the other person, and probably because I'm almost done with it anyway.. there's no competition if you don't agree to a fight in the first place!

Abby83

Nope, Taurus and Aries are the most straight forward zodiac signs.

Oh come. Aries is the game player to win and will do anything g and Taurus is downright deceptive. Frisiangel described it perfectly. The opposing sign unconsciously shows the quality of the sign.