Astrologers' Community

Astrologers' Community (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/index.php)
-   Spiritual Astrology (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Thomas H Burgoyne (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126482)

Opal 05-11-2019 03:29 AM

Thomas H Burgoyne
 
Here is a biographical link

http://sueyounghistories.com/archive...yne-1855-1894/

Here is his natal chart

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Burgoyne,_Thomas_H.

Here is Volume 1 of The Light of Egypt


http://libroesoterico.com/biblioteca...t-Volume-1.pdf

Here is Volume 2

https://pdfbooks.co.za/library/HENRY..._VOLUME_II.pdf

Opal 05-11-2019 03:35 AM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
I am interested in discussing Thomas H Burgoyne, his natal chart and his Light of Egypt Books.

I find his books enlightening, and would like to talk with anyone that has read his work. I have read most of Book One and have glanced at parts of Book Two.

I will be back, to elaborate......right now, I am just starting the thread......

Opal 05-12-2019 03:28 PM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
Jupiter in the 12th, Aquarius....It aspects many of his planets tightly.......he had good fortune from the occult

He also has Uranus in his second house......he made his money in a differing way than that of what was considered the normal in his time.....

His 1st house in Placidus is 59 degrees in size, encompassing six planets.......very into himself, his ego......I am surprised by how heavy he is in mutable signs.....it must have toned down his large ego, so that others could communicate with him.....:lol:

Interesting to see Saturn in the 3rd, in Gemini.....his writing is very readable......he communicates his thoughts very easily, I rarely have to look something up to understand or to make sure I don't misunderstand his meaning......

Opal 06-27-2019 02:04 AM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
I am bringing this one back. I think he deserves his own thread.

As you said David, he has not received the notice that he should have.

I'll be back.....

JUPITERASC 06-27-2019 12:46 PM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
Highest Rodden rating is AA https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Help:RR

Burgoyne natal Data has a Rodden rating of A
Rodden Rating of A = as quoted by the person, kin, friend, or associate.
i.e. the data is from someone's memory :smile:
family legend
or hearsay people who were asked casually
therefore obviously it is questionable.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Burgoyne,_Thomas_H.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opal (Post 970883)


Jupiter in the 12th, Aquarius....It aspects many of his planets tightly.......he had good fortune from the occult

He also has Uranus in his second house......he made his money in a differing way than that of what was considered the normal in his time.....

His 1st house in Placidus is 59 degrees in size, encompassing six planets.......very into himself, his ego......I am surprised by how heavy he is in mutable signs.....it must have toned down his large ego, so that others could communicate with him.....:lol:

Interesting to see Saturn in the 3rd, in Gemini.....his writing is very readable......he communicates his thoughts very easily, I rarely have to look something up to understand or to make sure I don't misunderstand his meaning......


Opal 06-28-2019 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUPITERASC (Post 981426)
Highest Rodden rating is AA https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Help:RR

Burgoyne natal Data has a Rodden rating of A
Rodden Rating of A = as quoted by the person, kin, friend, or associate.
i.e. the data is from someone's memory :smile:
family legend
or hearsay people who were asked casually
therefore obviously it is questionable.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Burgoyne,_Thomas_H.

Thank you JupiterAsc! I appreciate your posting the chart and for the information of errant possible time.

I have to do paperwork tonight😩but I wanted to thank you

Opal 07-01-2019 06:55 AM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
I was reading The Light of Egypt, again....:smile: the chapter called Naronia, and I noticed for the first time he mentions the perihelion. It is late. Goodnight.

Opal 07-04-2019 04:47 PM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
Excerpt fro Chapter Naronia page124 of the book

Regarding start date, one of Burgoyne's points.

"A brief outline of this thread of mental evolution can be traced, by noting that Gutama Buddha appeared in 600 B.C. or thereabouts, and that 600 years later the Jewish Reformer, Appolonius of Tyanna, appeared upon the scene of the world's history, then in another 600 years Mahomet, with his warlike issues came upon the planes of human existence. Another Naros passes away when we have a complete host of inspired reformers, and the Reformation began, viz., 1200 AD - 1300 AD and lastly we bridge yet another cycle of the Sun and Lo; we have 1881 AD and naturally all eyes looking for another Savior."

Opal 07-04-2019 04:58 PM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
Burgoyne did not call it The Age of Aquarius. He refers to it as The Aquarian Age.

He also refers to the Iron Age and The Age of Horrors. The time when The Tower of Babel was built. When polar suns caused major upheavals in the weather, scorching the earth.

In dread time Chimera had her birth;
In dread time the Cyclops cursed the earth.
And giants huge, of horrid, monstrous form,
Who ravaged Earth, and strove e’en Heaven to storm .
This was the Iron Age; ‘twas Python’s reign,
When Polar-suns burnt up the golden grain,
And sudden thaws inundate every plain.
Hence Towers and Walls and Pyramids arose,
Whose ponderous bulk might all their rage oppose.
“Assyrian chiefs bade Babel’s tower arise,
On Shinar’s plain, aspiring to the skies,
Whose eight-volved dragon, turning round the whole,
Shows that eight cycles round the northern pole
At four degrees asunder, closed their view,
Which proves the latitude was thirty two.
And still in thirty-two, beneath the starry host,
The eight-coiled Dragon moulders in the dust,
By Cyrus overthrown, who raised the pile
Round which the Stars and Dragons used to coil;
But still its form, its history declares,
An hoary age of twice two hundred thousand years.”

This was written by someone he doesn’t name in his Noble Order

Opal 07-05-2019 05:53 AM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
"The Jews were looking for a Monarch, and a sign from heaven; the sign came, but the Monarch materialized under a very different form from what they expected. He came as the son of a carpenter. So the Christians of today are looking for the pomp and glory of a Celestial King. They, too, are looking for a sign from heaven; the sign came with the great perihelion of the planet in 1880 and 1881, and we may depend upon it that the teacher was there, ready and willing, but the world knows Him not, nor will it; the time has passed and He can only be known by the generations which are to follow. Hope, Faith and Charity were the symbols of Nazerene. They were needed in His day and time, but Life, light and Love are the great requirements of today; they are the pressing needs of the hour."

pg 125 The Light of Egypt

Opal 07-20-2019 05:17 AM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
"As a sort of illustration let us take the motion of the tides, the ebb and the flow. When the sun and the Moon occupy the same plane I reference to the Earth, we have the high spring tides, etc. It is the same upon the mental plane, with the human brain. The brain of man, magnetically, expands and becomes illuminated by the Luni-Solar influx, from the new to the full Moon, at which time this magnetic force is at its maximum. It is high tide, so to say, and those who have the care and experience of lunatics will verify the fact, that, they become perfect astronomical calendars of the Moon's increase and decrease of light."

Opal 12-30-2019 02:47 PM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opal (Post 983280)
Burgoyne did not call it The Age of Aquarius. He refers to it as The Aquarian Age.

He also refers to the Iron Age and The Age of Horrors. The time when The Tower of Babel was built. When polar suns caused major upheavals in the weather, scorching the earth.

In dread time Chimera had her birth;
In dread time the Cyclops cursed the earth.
And giants huge, of horrid, monstrous form,
Who ravaged Earth, and strove e’en Heaven to storm .
This was the Iron Age; ‘twas Python’s reign,
When Polar-suns burnt up the golden grain,
And sudden thaws inundate every plain.
Hence Towers and Walls and Pyramids arose,
Whose ponderous bulk might all their rage oppose.
“Assyrian chiefs bade Babel’s tower arise,
On Shinar’s plain, aspiring to the skies,
Whose eight-volved dragon, turning round the whole,
Shows that eight cycles round the northern pole
At four degrees asunder, closed their view,
Which proves the latitude was thirty two.
And still in thirty-two, beneath the starry host,
The eight-coiled Dragon moulders in the dust,
By Cyrus overthrown, who raised the pile
Round which the Stars and Dragons used to coil;
But still its form, its history declares,
An hoary age of twice two hundred thousand years.”

This was written by someone he doesn’t name in his Noble Order

Is this of interest to you Monk?

Opal 12-30-2019 04:57 PM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
December 22 1880

Could you do a dawn marker chart for me? Please!

Opal 12-30-2019 08:00 PM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opal (Post 1018495)
December 22 1880

Could you do a dawn marker chart for me? Please!

It is the day Burgoyne uses for the start of The Age of Aquarius, or The Aquarian Age.

Opal 01-01-2020 01:48 PM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
Do you know Burgoyne, Monk?

Monk 01-01-2020 03:15 PM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opal (Post 1018976)
Do you know Burgoyne, Monk?

Sorry Sweet Heart, i have only just seen your thread, i'll catch up tomorrow, Bossy girls are coming soon to put me to bed.


You ask for paran analysis of 22 December 1880, but i need a location?
Thomas H. Burgoyne's chart is interesting, the I.C. cuts through Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris Star.


https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...kj4oetRfSUU6dw

Opal 01-01-2020 03:27 PM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monk (Post 1018990)
Sorry Sweet Heart, i have only just seen your thread, i'll catch up tomorrow, Bossy girls are coming soon to put me to bed.


You ask for paran analysis of 22 December 1880, but i need a location?
Thomas H. Burgoyne's chart is interesting, the I.C. cuts through Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris Star.


https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...kj4oetRfSUU6dw

I am not sure where to say, but my head says, through the eyes of The Sphinx.

I will look at his book and see if there is a spot, that I think he would favour.

Have a good night Monk.

Monk 01-01-2020 04:15 PM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
i would look at Izapa, birth place of the Mayan Calendar at 15 degrees North Latitude, ancient Greek day marker being sunset on 21 December 1880, where as the Sun sets, Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris Star is rising.


He also talks about India and Theosophical Society, 13 degrees North latitude does go through India, Central America (Mayan) and Africa:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_parallel_north
In Channai, India, as the Sun rises on date, Sirius sets in the West...i'll have more info tomorrow!

Monk 01-02-2020 08:26 AM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
When we read about Thomas H. Burgoyne, we find connections between Peter Davidson, Theodor Reuss, Aleister Crowley, and Karl Kellner, i am not sure if they all had contact but some did:-
https://www.sueyounghistories.com/20...yne-1855-1894/
You can see this by other links below:-


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermet...rhood_of_Light
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermet...rhood_of_Luxor


Central to these rituals is Hermes Trismegistus, there is no real evidence that he existed but obviously some believe he did.


I thought i would deal with Theodor Reuss first as he was very influencial during the period.
I thought i would start with the Illuminati.
P;ease scroll down link to 6 The Revival of the Order of the Illuminati in 1895, please note date of date of 12 March 1901 in Berlin and 19 November 1786 in Regensburg.
www.freemasonry.bcy.ca...
The original Illuminati aligned to 1st May 1776
en.wikipedia.org...
They originally aligned to Walpurgis_Night.
en.wikipedia.org...
Also known as Witches Night

Below is an astronomy graph of the Sun rising on 19 November 1786 in Regensburg, Germany, this is called the Sunrise day markerhttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/file...um5bd87f14.png

Monk 01-02-2020 08:32 AM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
The above picture was the Sun rising in the East, the picture below is the same time but along Western horizon, so as the Sun rises both Alnilam and Sirius are setting, this is a very rare alignment, the tilt, axis and location of the Earth needs to be exactly right to horizons, which is probably intentional.
In Mystical Orders Sirius and Belt of Orion have special meaning, but i need the help of masons to find out all the meaninghttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/file...sh5bd880be.png

The other date of interest regarding the Illuminati was 12 March 1901 in Berlin, Germany, Modern midnight day marker was chosen, you will see Sirius setting in the West, astronomy graph below, 00:00 for time means midnighthttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/file...ad5bd883d3.png

Monk 01-02-2020 08:36 AM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
Hi Opal,
Perhaps it would be interesting to see what other groups were doing in the first quarter of the 20th century, the Nazi symbol was obviously chosen because of the Thule Society:-
en.wikipedia.org...
The swastika was first used by the Nazi Party in the inaugural meeting of the Starnberg branch of NSDAP on 20th May 1920, on this day ancient Greek day marker was used being sunset on 19 May 1920, where the Sun set along the horizon with both Sirius and Alnilamhttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/file...bw5bd88079.png


www.answers.com...


The above is a rare alignment that needs explaining.
I said it was rare due to location, as there is a narrow path through Europe that you can get Alignments where both Alnilam and Sirius are on the horizon.
So to get the the alignments which i feel was intentional, then the location and date was chosen with care!
Perhaps as i have mentioned the Nazi's the next diagram will clear this up for you with a rare alignment with location that doesn't happen every year.

This next date doesn't happen every year where modern midnight day marker was used for the start of the German Workers Party on 5th January 1919, where Jupiter and Sirius culminating at Due South although Jupiter is slightly out of one degree, but this doesn't happen again until 2002, as the orbit of Jupiter around the Sun takes 11.86 years.
en.wikipedia.org...
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/file...oo5bce076f.png

Monk 01-02-2020 08:57 AM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
It must be noted that i am an archaeoastronomer that studies the beliefs of astrologers though the ages, i sit on the fence regarding this and respect astrologers knowledge.
en.wikipedia.org...
Using Jupiter aligned to Sirius culminating is very interesting, Jupiter is the king of planets that beliefs indicate that it would expand the influence of Sirius and give the German Workers Party good fortune, link below:-
cafeastrology.com...
link to astronomy involving Jupiter below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
The belief system i'm using is probably the most ancient form of astrology as explained below:-
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...


The Georgia Guidestones was unveiled on 22nd March 1980, near Vernal Equinox, midnight day marker was used with Alnilam setting in West.
I have used Elberton, Georgia as a fix as it is very near, link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
The Rosicrucian Fellowships Constitution was on 8th August 1909 in Seattle, Washington.
Ancient Egyptian sunrise day marker used with Sirius rising with the Sun, link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
Astronomy graphs below:-

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/file...ci5dfe33ee.png

Monk 01-02-2020 11:22 AM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
Hi Opal,
I'm a bit long winded about all this as i can not find dates for The Hermetic Brotherhood of Light or The Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor, but i can find the date of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, that Crowley belonged to, the Isis-Urania Temple was consecrated on 1st March 1888, i'll show paran alignment tomorrow in London, it is enough for today!


http://www.byzant.com/Mystical/Scrip...oldenDawn.aspx

Monk 01-02-2020 01:05 PM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monk (Post 1019229)
Hi Opal,
I'm a bit long winded about all this as i can not find dates for The Hermetic Brotherhood of Light or The Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor, but i can find the date of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, that Crowley belonged to, the Isis-Urania Temple was consecrated on 1st March 1888, i'll show paran alignment tomorrow in London, it is enough for today!


http://www.byzant.com/Mystical/Scrip...oldenDawn.aspx


We would expect the Hermetic Order of the GOLDEN DAWN to use ancient Egyptian sunrise day marker, which they did at location of London, Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star then clicked onto the Nadir or I.C., as shown on astronomy graph below:-


http://files.abovetopsecret.com/file...al5dbd53a1.png

Opal 01-02-2020 02:30 PM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne
 
Burgoyne died in 1894 having been called a fraud by the Luxor Order. Not sure what the fraud was, I will keep looking, Crowley would have been about 20 when Burgoyne died.

He was the secretary, when fraud was claimed. Probably a money thing.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.