Views from an aquarius ascendant

Btwitcher

why wouldn't the ruler planets go in order from first to last like the zodiac does from signs 1 to 12. So say aries/1st house ruler would be the sun, the FIRST planet. When aries is considered selfish, all about yourself. When sun is suppose to determine who you are in the first place. So why not connect it to the first house. Than going down the list, having mercurey ruler for taurus, venus gemini, than this is where it gets wild. Earth for cancer. Because what is 4th house. Home. What is home for us human beings, earth. Than moon for leo. Leo is fun loving, fast paste, care free. Describing the moon. Fastest orbited planet and everything. Than moving to virgo for Mars. Could explain why lil wayne (a virgo based on vedic) calls himself a Martian..but than jupiter for libra. Saturn for scorpio. (Everyone already knows how mysterious saturn is). Uranus for sagatarius. Neptune capricorn. Pluto aquarius. But what about pisces. What is pisces/12th house Non materialistic, all about spirtual realms. The pshyce, other dimensions. So why link it to a big *** materialistic physcial planet. It's unconsciuoness, UNSEEN, HIDDEN talents. It's spritual, moving everywhere through everything. Jesus Christ was a pisces according to internets birth chart of him. And what is christ, God. What is God, spirit. Not an actual human being. Or you could link it to north node of the moon. True node in vedic is known as rahu. They describe it as illusion. What is pisces. Illusion. But they also say rahu is still where you need to go in life. Your true node. And that's what pisces is all about. Finding salvation, higher self...thought for the open minded, not claiming nor forcing anything. (Do not have a debate about realigon and christ and all, not what this post is about)

jupiterianguru

why wouldn't the ruler planets go in order from first to last like the zodiac does from signs 1 to 12. So say aries/1st house ruler would be the sun, the FIRST planet. When aries is considered selfish, all about yourself. When sun is suppose to determine who you are in the first place. So why not connect it to the first house. Than going down the list, having mercurey ruler for taurus, venus gemini, than this is where it gets wild. Earth for cancer. Because what is 4th house. Home. What is home for us human beings, earth. Than moon for leo. Leo is fun loving, fast paste, care free. Describing the moon. Fastest orbited planet and everything. Than moving to virgo for Mars. Could explain why lil wayne (a virgo based on vedic) calls himself a Martian..but than jupiter for libra. Saturn for scorpio. (Everyone already knows how mysterious saturn is). Uranus for sagatarius. Neptune capricorn. Pluto aquarius. But what about pisces. What is pisces/12th house Non materialistic, all about spirtual realms. The pshyce, other dimensions. So why link it to a big *** materialistic physcial planet. It's unconsciuoness, UNSEEN, HIDDEN talents. It's spritual, moving everywhere through everything. Jesus Christ was a pisces according to internets birth chart of him. And what is christ, God. What is God, spirit. Not an actual human being. Or you could link it to north node of the moon. True node in vedic is known as rahu. They describe it as illusion. What is pisces. Illusion. But they also say rahu is still where you need to go in life. Your true node. And that's what pisces is all about. Finding salvation, higher self...thought for the open minded, not claiming nor forcing anything. (Do not have a debate about realigon and christ and all, not what this post is about)

You have to look at aspects from the planets and what they do. See does moon 1st house come across like a Leo. Now I am Aquarius ascendant and I like new ideas but lets not ruin astrology and make it not accurate. Mars 1st house comes across like an Aries. Jupiter 1st house like a Sagittarius etc Also for example the moon training my sun exact from cancer I don't act vengeful like many Scorpios but more nurturing kind etc Jupiter aspecting my mars opposite exact I fit many traits of Sagittarius Mars I have no other exact aspects but this makes me think the whole system is right.

JUPITERASC

why wouldn't the ruler planets go in order from first to last like the zodiac does from signs 1 to 12.
To begin with, there are not ten planets :smile:
So say aries/1st house ruler would be the sun, the FIRST planet. When aries is considered selfish, all about yourself. When sun is suppose to determine who you are in the first place. So why not connect it to the first house. Than going down the list, having mercurey ruler for taurus, venus gemini, than this is where it gets wild. Earth for cancer. Because what is 4th house. Home. What is home for us human beings, earth. Than moon for leo. Leo is fun loving, fast paste, care free. Describing the moon. Fastest orbited planet and everything. Than moving to virgo for Mars. Could explain why lil wayne (a virgo based on vedic) calls himself a Martian..but than jupiter for libra. Saturn for scorpio. (Everyone already knows how mysterious saturn is). Uranus for sagatarius. Neptune capricorn. Pluto aquarius. But what about pisces. What is pisces/12th house Non materialistic, all about spirtual realms. The pshyce, other dimensions. So why link it to a big *** materialistic physcial planet. It's unconsciuoness, UNSEEN, HIDDEN talents. It's spritual, moving everywhere through everything. Jesus Christ was a pisces according to internets birth chart of him. And what is christ, God. What is God, spirit. Not an actual human being. Or you could link it to north node of the moon. True node in vedic is known as rahu. They describe it as illusion. What is pisces. Illusion. But they also say rahu is still where you need to go in life. Your true node. And that's what pisces is all about. Finding salvation, higher self...thought for the open minded, not claiming nor forcing anything. (Do not have a debate about realigon and christ and all, not what this post is about)
FURTHERMORE
there is an alternative
that has stood the test of time
for at least two thousand years

i.e.

THE THEMA MUNDI
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=402663#post402663

attachment.php

I did a forum search, and couldn't find this topic as a discussion of what the Thema is, which doesn't surprise me since it seems to belong only to the realm of traditional astrology...but I wanted to post it here because so many members seem hesitant to visit that forum.

For those who are unfamiliar with it, the Thema is mythically considered the chart of the world, and literally was historically used as a teaching tool for astrologers. In it you can find the reasons for the domicile rulers, the exaltations, the planetary joys, the nature of the aspects, sect...on and on it goes.

This pdf is a good starting point for understanding

http://www.azastrologers.org/Articles/NoblehorseThemaMundi.pdf

And here is one picture I found that graphically shows the Thema from the same pdf.

So, let's consider.
Most astrologers (as far as I know both traditional and modern) consider Aries to be the "natural" first house.

Why?

Especially if Cancer rises in the Thema, that would make Cancer the real "natural" first house, ruled by the Moon,
and when we think of people...how we evolved out of the sea (water),
how we have always considered the Moon as the mother...this makes sense to me.
Leo as the natural second house? What does the second signify? The resources that support the body (ASC/1st?)
Further, ancient astrology considered that the Moon did represent the body...again this makes sense if cancer rises.

I don't have a lot of time right now (hey, three girls and a zoo and all that) but am interested to hear any other members ideas on this?

Btwitcher

You have to look at aspects from the planets and what they do. See does moon 1st house come across like a Leo. Now I am Aquarius ascendant and I like new ideas but lets not ruin astrology and make it not accurate. Mars 1st house comes across like an Aries. Jupiter 1st house like a Sagittarius etc Also for example the moon training my sun exact from cancer I don't act vengeful like many Scorpios but more nurturing kind etc Jupiter aspecting my mars opposite exact I fit many traits of Sagittarius Mars I have no other exact aspects but this makes me think the whole system is right.

something else could easily be making that personality. astrology is bigger than what we think. From degrees. To houses. Planets. Lords of every house ruler. We have no clue what actual planet could rule a sign. It's not like we can go talk to a planet personally and ask why TF he's in space for. It's all just old thoughts we kept from the beginning of time. When we couldnt even see all the planets. just think it should more logical. having it in order. To have more people believe in astrology for what it is. Why do we make up what a planet does as if it has its own personality and like we would know what it actually would be. Like saturn, how Tf does it rule aquarius. Aquarius is not "practical, sturctured", everything that would describe capricorn. So we found uranus. And CLAIMED that uranus is what makes aquarius different from capricorn.

JUPITERASC

something else could easily be making that personality. astrology is bigger than what we think. From degrees. To houses. Planets. Lords of every house ruler. We have no clue what actual planet could rule a sign. It's not like we can go talk to a planet personally and ask why TF he's in space for. It's all just old thoughts we kept from the beginning of time. When we couldnt even see all the planets. just think it should more logical. having it in order. To have more people believe in astrology for what it is. Why do we make up what a planet does as if it has its own personality and like we would know what it actually would be. Like saturn, how Tf does it rule aquarius.

Aquarius is not "practical, sturctured", everything that would describe capricorn.

So we found uranus.

And CLAIMED that uranus is what makes aquarius different from capricorn.
In ancient times HELLENISTIC astrologers stated:
Mercury’s nature is to contest and to destabilize
so no need for Uranus :smile:

jupiterianguru

In ancient times HELLENISTIC astrologers stated:
Mercury’s nature is to contest and to destabilize
so no need for Uranus :smile:

That's true mercury is exalted in Aquarius though not domicile. Uranus is the higher octave of mercury and it's sign and house placement and aspects fits as my chart ruler though.

jupiterianguru

something else could easily be making that personality. astrology is bigger than what we think. From degrees. To houses. Planets. Lords of every house ruler. We have no clue what actual planet could rule a sign. It's not like we can go talk to a planet personally and ask why TF he's in space for. It's all just old thoughts we kept from the beginning of time. When we couldnt even see all the planets. just think it should more logical. having it in order. To have more people believe in astrology for what it is. Why do we make up what a planet does as if it has its own personality and like we would know what it actually would be. Like saturn, how Tf does it rule aquarius. Aquarius is not "practical, sturctured", everything that would describe capricorn. So we found uranus. And CLAIMED that uranus is what makes aquarius different from capricorn.

But the ancients had guidance from advanced extraterrestrials who taught them astrology. Watch ancient aliens anyways so basically they were able to also sense spiritual things. If you are spiritually open you are able to sense what rules what if you pay attention to the energy of each planet. This new system doesn't make sense and traditional astrology leaves out three important planets. The only thing though is North Node and South node placement by sign house and aspect are as important as some view the sun these days as is the ruling planet

JUPITERASC

That's true mercury is exalted in Aquarius though not domicile.
Not according to the following table which is currently in use by astrologers both modern and traditional

the table shows clearly that
Mercury is both in domicile and exalted in Virgo
:smile:

dignities2.gif

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html
Uranus is the higher octave of mercury

Nevertheless
although some modern astrologers would agree with this statement
many modern astrologers would disagree

and it's sign and house placement and aspects
fits as my chart ruler though.
different methods of assessment indicate different chart rulers
dependent on the preferred method of assessment

JUPITERASC

But the ancients had guidance from advanced extraterrestrials
who taught them astrology

Watch ancient aliens anyways

A link to the ancient aliens video you refer to would be useful

as it may be interesting to view

so basically they were able to also sense spiritual things.

If you are spiritually open you are able to sense what rules what
if you pay attention to the energy of each planet.

This new system doesn't make sense and traditional astrology leaves out three important planets.

The only thing though is North Node and South node placement by sign house and aspect
are as important as some view the sun these days as is the ruling planet

Traditional astrology is based on the seven visible planets

i.e
Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn :smile:
as well as the various Parts aka Arabic Parts
and other techniques such as firdaria, profections, and so on
the three 'outers' are not required for traditional astrology

Modern astrologers also acknowledge the role of
Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn in astrology