When will my sister get a new job?

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi-
I was asked this question (by my sister) 7th May 2008, Sydney Australia at 16:26.Lat. 33.55S Long:151.10E. I cast the chart using Placidus cusps and Scorpio rises at 4 deg 17min.

Background
My sister is currently in the process of ending a contractual agreement (income source) in the Telephone Marketing field.She has been looking for a new job for some time now but this last week has made a very intentioned effort to secure a job similar to the one she is leaving.She wants to know how long it will be before she begins a new job.

Delineation:
I take my sister as house 3 cusp. Pluto is positioned just inside her first house.The cusp is at 28 deg 53 sag. is there so jupiter is her ruler. The late degree of her first house cusp is already suggesting my sister is about to reach a critical stage.The presence of Pluto there strongly emphasises my sister's intention to *change her life*-to *build on solid ground * were her exact words.

Her ruler, Jupiter, is on the cusp of her income/possessions house , ruled by Saturn, sitting stationery in her ninth..(yes, she is tied up in legals regarding the contract she seeks to end with her current business partner).
Jupiter is in Fall but receives accidental dignity by being on an angle, but Jupiter is soon to station and retrograde, which suggests my sister might *go back and reconsider her position*.

The ruler of her income is Saturn and Saturn has just gone direct, and is in a poor state, disposited by mercury in her sixth.Saturn, ruler of her income, is peregrine, which is not a good state for one's finances.
The ruler of her existing job is her turned tenth, ruled by mercury.
Mercury is dignified by sign here but not by house.The moon conjuncted mercury 5 *somethings* ago..I suggest this is *days* as being the time she started putting all her energy into job applications.

A new job would be her tenth from the tenth....house cusp 9 in the turned chart- this house is also ruled by mercury...
So my sister's ruler is jupiter and the new job would be mercury (same ruler as existing job!.Does this mean shes not going to leave after all?)
Jupiter is in saturns sign and saturn is in mercury's sig, and mercury is in its own sign Gemini....Mercury squared Saturn 6 *somethings * ago-
The only aspect between jupiter and mercury is a sesisquadrate closely applying, not a ptolemaic aspect.

Mercury is also void of course, making no applying aspects and in a weak house (her turned sixth)
This suggests to me she may not leave her current job...Both the current job and the *new job* have the same ruler and Mercury will be retrograding soon..going back to something.
The moon, also ruling the querent, is in her sixth house-daily work.It is in Gemini so maybe she is in two minds (noting also natally she is sun Gemini).
Technically the moon is void of course also-suggesting no change in job.
The current business partner is ruled by cusp of house 9, also Mercury!
But the late degree on the relevant cusps tells me *something is going to happen*....but what?
Any input appreciated.
Cheers Lillyjgc

Last edited:

starlink

Hi Lilly, you said that your sister asked the question,
I was asked this question (by my sister)
, so I would take the 1st house, not the 3rd. That would mean that you are asking a question about your sister's job.
Moon is indeed VOC, so this could mean that she is not finding another job. But that to me is a little bit too easy.
Maybe not right now, but when Moon gets active again lateron , in own sign, things could change perhaps.

So now we have house 10 as her recent job, ruled by the Moon, and 10th of the 10th will be the radical 7th, ruled by Venus and as co-significator Sun. Moon, co-significator of sister in the 8th, just leaving Mercury. She is worried about something. Maybe she does not feel supported by her partner anymore? Mercury rules her 12th , 8th and 9th. Yes, the legal problems she is facing could be bothering her and I dont really know what the 12th house has to do with this, something secret?

Venus is very very strong as ruler of this sign Taurus and acc. dignified as well in the 10th, but oh boy, she is "under the Sunbeams" and moving ingoing towards worse burning. She is probably not seeing the whole picture regarding the next job. She should be careful before jumping ship I would say. It can also show how her business partner is feeling (or is going to face).

Mars rules your sister and shows her in her recent job where she is not really happy but also not totally unhappy . Mars being in fall there, but accidentally dignified and ruler of the triplicity by day and night might show that.

Now, will Venus and Mars get together before Mars gets out of Cancer?
Nope, she won't. Mars will however start something new (or change) soon in about 2 somethings (month, weeks?).

Much later, when both have changed signs, they will sextile one another (6th of June if my eyes are not deceiving me). Maybe she then could find a job, not necessarily the one she is thinking of right now, but who knows.
Moon will translate the light from Venus to Mars as well. Maybe a female in her recent job could help her find the next job?

Moon will immediately after leaving her sign, oppose Pluto, great turmoil or transformation for her? After all, Pluto is the modern ruler of her Ascendant and I do want to keep that in the back of my head. (not if he would just be a Planet somewhere, not signifying anything). Pluto is in term of Venus, the 2nd job.
I would say that she could find a second job quite soon, but dont know if it will be to her liking (Venus under Sunbeams going to combustion).

NB:
About your question
Both the current job and the *new job* have the same ruler and Mercury will be retrograding soon..going back to something

(still using the 3rd house as your sisters):
I just read Frawley on the same rulers for Querent and Quisited. He writes that that is often seen when it is the querents own business.

Also, in order to find another ruler you could take the Almuten of that second job. In this chart (still with 3rd house sister), there is no Almuten. Mercury is still the strongest. Frawley then suggests to take the next cusp's ruler, so that would be the turned 11th (ruler Moon).
I thought this could be interesting to know. It was new to me as well.:)

I wonder what you think of me taking the first house as sister.
Cheers, Starlink

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Starlink: Thankyou (again!). I'm fine with you taking house one cusp as the person who asked the question.I am not always clear which house to use.
I think the way you have done it makes sense because it means her ruler, Mars is in the tenth-which fits the question.Also that brings Venus to the H7 cusp Taurus. The ruler of her current business partnership, and I see Venus is dignified there but void of course...so maybe this indicates, (a fixed sign) that the business partner isnt *going anywhere*-not leaving the picture, although mars and venus are separating from a square, and venus wont be aspecting Mars again for some time.

So now we have house 10 as her recent job, ruled by the Moon, and 10th of the 10th will be the radical 7th, ruled by Venus and as co-significator Sun. Moon, co-significator of sister in the 8th, just leaving Mercury. She is worried about something. Maybe she does not feel supported by her partner anymore? Mercury rules her 12th , 8th and 9th. Yes, the legal problems she is facing could be bothering her and I dont really know what the 12th house has to do with this, something secret?
I don't know what the house 12 (being ruled also by Mercury) is about either...I guess there's things she's not telling me about.
But as the 12th relates to self undoing, maybe its suggesting that the action she takes will not be in her best interests.(Thats what worries me actually)
The moon will sextile mars before mars leaves the sign.
Her job ruler is in the house of shared resources, taxes, financial entanglements.But void of course and about to go retrograde which brings mercury back to the partnership.
To me, despite her stated intention, it looks like she's not going to leave her current job....but of course I may be wrong.Venus going to combustion may be telling us that her partnership is about to combust!
I found this quite a confusing chart actually, but I see a fixed sign on seventh cusp so she might end up being *stuck*.
Please feel free to comment....anyone.
Thanks Star, Lillyjgc

starlink

But as the 12th relates to self undoing, maybe its suggesting that the action she takes will not be in her best interests.(Thats what worries me actually)
Yes indeed! Also that combust Venus does not look good to me.

You could actually be right seeing her going back to the partnership. If Mars changes into Leo, Mars will be ruled by the Sun and as you see, Sun is in the house of partnership again. So in this case, whatever the reason was that she wanted to leave, she then comes back and will burn her partner, or the partner will do what she wants (even though that will be probably a mistake as he does not see clearly what is going on, being combust. Another interpretation would be that partner runs blindly into another contract or situation with your sister) as Venus runs into Sun.

The 12th house still intrigues me Lilly. It is ruled by 2 significators and one of them is Venus!, the partner. (Libra intercepted) So maybe the partner has been doing something illegal and therefore your sister wants to get out before she will be involved or associated with that situation?

I am curious as to know what she will do. She will for sure change something, going into Leo.

You think this could be a possibility? Is the partner female? (because of Venus ruling 7).

cheers, Star.

lillyjgc

Starlink-Very interesting!

So in this case, whatever the reason was that she wanted to leave, she then comes back and will burn her partner, or the partner will do what she wants (even though that will be probably a mistake as he does not see clearly what is going on, being combust. Another interpretation would be that partner runs blindly into another contract or situation with your sister) as Venus runs into Sun.

She may not be able to legally terminate her contract. (she's currently working very closely with a legal advisor.) The partner is male, and from everything she has said he is inefficient and costing the partnership money but he is keen to keep my sister contracted with him as she is apparently very competent at her job-although they clash temperament-wise.

The 12th house still intrigues me Lilly. It is ruled by 2 significators and one of them is Venus!, the partner. (Libra intercepted) So maybe the partner has been doing something illegal and therefore your sister wants to get out before she will be involved or associated with that situation?
My sister highly suspects the partner of devious financial dealings and acting outside legal parameters for the industry. She already has found him to be a liar.She does want to get out before the proverbial makes it to the fan-yes.
I guess I am worried she will be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire, but natally she has Neptune on her 7th cusp-she never sees it coming...She is however, starting to listen to astrological guidance, as the charts done so far in relation to her awkward situation have proven to be accurate.
I will definitely keep you posted Starlink...
Best wishes, Lillyjgc

starlink

My sister highly suspects the partner of devious financial dealings and acting outside legal parameters for the industry

Well, have you ever!! Glad to see once again,( contrary to Frawley who says that it does not mean anything!!) that intercepted houses do give information!! For me this is about the 4th time this seems to work, so I will stick with it!

Then I also looked at some stars. Regulus conjuncts Saturn and Saturn rules the "outcome" for your sister. This is quite positive, as well as having Jupiter right on that cusp, accidentally dignified. Jupiter is in fall, but her ruler is really well situated with Regulus and in the fortunate 11th house as well.

So her outcome does not look too bad at all.

Sabian Symbol for the Asc. = 5° Scorpio:
A MASSIVE, UNCHANGING ROCKY SHORE RESISTS THE POUNDERING OF THE SEA
Well, this means holding on to something, no matter how awful or difficult the situation is (Chinese Watertorture, it says in Linda Hills book....).
However, persistence can lead to the achievement of difficult outcomes and objectives. But how long can she endure without changing?

The Caution would be:: Stubborn acts leading to enertia, not growth.
Tedious negotiations, shooting yourself in the foot (oops!!)

For Mars it is: 29°Cancer:
A GREEK MUSE WEIGHING NEWBORN TWINS IN GOLDEN SCALES.
In the situation she is facing, she may be pressed into making judgments and decisions in a creative or intuitive way. The choices are confusing because they essentially lead to the same result. This is actualy a fortunate symbol because whatever she choses to do the result will be equally beneficial, or at least equally balanced.
Keywords: The law and lawyers (Bingo!!), the scales of Justice. The value of new beginnings., weighing pros and cons.

Caution: Being picky, the scales tipped, everything getting out of balance, constantly weighing things up instead of accepting them. Not being able to move foreward with plans or ideas because of a feeling of being stuck.
Excessive arguments for or against.

Venus (partner, 2nd job)
Venus: 9.° Taurus: A Christmas tree is decorated and shines in the darkness:Celebrations bringing people that once were parted together, the promise of good things, faith and hope of happiness and goodwill of people to one another.
Caution:The pretence of happiness or success. Being excluded and left in the cold.

Sun:(which I consider the heart of the chart or what the chart is all about) 18° Taurus: A woman airing an old bag through a sunny window to give it air and sunshine: Getting rid of everything old or outworn in your invironment or, inside yourself, avoiding clutter that restricts your well-being and your future.
Considering discarding anything that does not measure up. Doing this might inspire solutions to old problems. A good opportunity to move to sunnier conditions, whatever or wherever they may be.
Caution: expecting others to take resposability for cleaning up and airing out. Hanging on to outworn things and memories. Airing one's dirty laundry in public. Depressed attitudes, going over the same thing over and over again.

Just to name a few.

Interesting that the Ascendant Symbol and the one for the Sun, are showing opposite things, as if your sister is somehow holding on and the chart tells her to let go. Or that indeed she has come to a point of doing this because she already has hold on too long in this situation.

Not everything I can bring into this, but I dont know all the in's and out's of course, but some things really do sound true.

Cheers,Star.