Need some help/advice- Tarot Card Readings

misskitty

Hi all. I am not sure if I am posting in the correct place, as I am not sure where/if tarot cards are discussed here.

Does anyone here have experience with tarot card reading? I am disturbed by my last two readings... one that was yesterday and one that was 6 months ago. They both said the same thing. I don't want to bore everyone with details of my reading, but I just need some opinions on tarot itself. Do you experts here trust it or not trust it? Why or why not?

Also, what is the time frame for tarot? Does it generally only see into the immediate future, or can it see further? The event that has now been predicted twice is a painful situation that they are saying should resolve itself. They did not say when, and because the situation is so painful I did not ask when. Honestly I just wanted to stop talking about it. :( But now I am haunted with the question of... when??? I can't ask another horary on this particular situation because I keep getting strictures against judgement and my question is now "blown." What should I do? Get another reading for a time frame, or can I do this myself somehow?

Last edited:

starlink

Miss Kitty, I dont think we have a board for this, because it is not Astrology. You might like to post it in "chat" or ask a moderator to move it there. I am just flirting with Tarot, but by no way can I help you here. Hope a good Tarot reader will turn up:)

misskitty

Thanks starlink! I was not aware that Tarot wasn't considered a branch of Astrology, I learn something new every day! I have attempted to start conversations in chat before about Tarot, but no luck. I will try to find a tarot card board, or maybe this thread will be moved to where it needs to be. Thanks :)

Culpeper

Premium Member
First those "strictures" do not stop you from reading your own horary charts. Go back to your chart and see what you can read from it. Astrology requires study.

However, to the subject, here is a link: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17663

I am not a tarot expert, but it being Valentine's Day, I found my Sibilla Oracle Cards by Lo Scarabeo. The card I drew is the five of hearts and reads Matrimonio Italian but wedding in English. It shows a bride with a seamstress fitting her dress. Perhaps there is hope for me yet.

With the cards at hand I drew one for you, the nine of clubs. It reads Regali which I think means presents. It pictures a man in eighteenth century clothing and wig followed by his batman with top hat. He is presenting a fancy clock under a glass dome. Expect valuable and pleasant things to be coming your way. Perhaps the future will not be as bad as you think. "Easily believing hope, he cherished life, and said that there will always be a better tomorrow." Cicero my translation.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
I dont think we have a board for this, because it is not Astrology.

There is a board on here under anything else called "spiritual rehlm" I think tarot and other divination would fall under there.

I have worked with the cards for years, and am finding... Astrology is more accurate. May I suggest a horary question? Or to pull up a chart with natal, progressions, and solar arcs and look for a day that stands out in this next year. Remember if it is there in Solar Arcs or in the progressions.... it must be there also in the natal chart. If another person is involved, it will show in their chart also if it is as devistating as you are saying.

Another thing you may try is a time reading with the tarot... if you are looking for months, a 12 card pull... and each card giving the overall theme of the month. I think like with Horary, there is a time we do ask the same question too often and the reading just won't work.

Wishing you the best,

TK

misskitty

Culpeper, thank you so much for pullling a card for me! And how fascinating that you pulled a man holding a clock, since timing is one of the issues in my question! Perhaps there is hope for me after all. :)

Wintersprite, after I posted this question I decided to give a horary one last try. I hadn't tried in a while in regards to a question about this person, so I figured I didn't have anything to lose. I came up with an interesting horary that I will post on the horary board.

Neptune Rising

I've been doing it for years, had loads of decks at one point but settled for three favourites, Osho Zen, Morgan Greer and the Thoth deck. I use Morgan Greer the most as the symbolism is the easiest to understand, its based on the Rider Waite style I believe.

I've found the readings give a general feel for what is going on at that particular moment in my life. I had a time I was going to professional readers every few months but over that time I found nothing was set in stone in the readings. It helps me to see if one direction is good for me to follow or not, it can suggest to me if I'll get a new job soon - haven't seen that particular card in quite some time now.:sideways: It told me about a guy coming into my life a few weeks before I met him, the King of Cups kept appearing in the future but I couldn't figure out why. So I find it good for getting a general feel for the energies around me, astrology is much more accurate though.

As for books, I read quite alot, did a lot of readings, then got rid of all the books and went on what I felt about the cards and symbols I was seeing. Books I remember, Tarot Plain and Simply by Anthony Lewis, Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdon by Pollack.

rahu

Banned
the I Ching is the oldest book in chinese culture .
one uses 3 coins or 50 yarrow stalks(though that is much more lengthy and little used)

you can get electronic readings on the web but somehow i feel using the coins in real time are more effective.

rahu

Neptune Rising

Also, what is the time frame for tarot? Does it generally only see into the immediate future, or can it see further? The event that has now been predicted twice is a painful situation that they are saying should resolve itself. They did not say when, and because the situation is so painful I did not ask when. Honestly I just wanted to stop talking about it. :( But now I am haunted with the question of... when???

I've found when reading for myself and also getting a professional reader, timing is never accurate. The last two times I've been I've been told I'll have children and get married, this hasn't happened yet and if I go by the timings I've been suggested it should have already happened.

I also went repeatedly to readers when I was having a very painful split from an ex. I wanted to know if we'd get back together. The readings always told me no, the more panicked I got the darker the readings were. I just had to accept what they were telling me and what was actually happening at the time. My fear was what was causing me to find out if and when we would get back together. This taught me a huge lesson in acceptance back then. I did get back together with this ex after a year or so but I wasnt meant to 'see' that at the time. Awful time, Saturn return, followed by Saturn square Chiron. Phew!

Neptune Rising

the I Ching is the oldest book in chinese culture .
one uses 3 coins or 50 yarrow stalks(though that is much more lengthy and little used)

you can get electronic readings on the web but somehow i feel using the coins in real time are more effective.

rahu

I Ching is beautiful, I've never tried it or seen someone reading it, just seen it on the web.

misskitty

Quite true Kerrie! :)

Thanks to everyone for your advice on this thread, and for further reading suggestions. I am curious, so I will investigate further. And Neptune Rising, thanks for sharing your experience as well. You are right, sometimes we just aren't supposed to know the future!