Help! Squares!

Elaa

Hi guys I am new here, so i've got some questions hope you can help me:
*I am Going to a new college and i've been switching majors, Can you help me with a suitable career ?
*What about the combination of Sun Square Jupiter and pluto at the same time with Jupiter opposite Pluto, when i read the descriptions of Sun square pluto it's really the opposite of sun square jupiter!?
* What is the most dominant aspect in this natal chart I mean the one with huge impact on the life of the person.
Thank you <3
ZF4jZmbjZmN5ZwNjZQRkAQRjZQNjZGRkZQRkZQN5ZwV0BD.png

Last edited:

waybread

Elaa, this chart is awfully hard to read, both because of the small size and format. Can you recast it at Astrodienst www.astro.com? Their charts are free. Then maybe reduce their full-size chart to 75% so it fits on the page here, but no more than that.

With your MC, sun, and Mercury in Virgo in the 10th house, I would suggest you consider some kind of administration work, where ultimately (if not at an entry-level) you get to supervise other people. You should be good at detail work as well as trouble-shooting. With your Venus in Libra in the 11th, you probably know how to be diplomatic with people, as well.

Are you athletic? Having Mars so close to the MC shows up in a lot of athletes' charts, but then sports generally are not a life-long career for most people.

If business administration is an option at your college, you might think about that. Otherwise, something like economics, arts administration, or health care administration. With your moon in the 12th house, consider that it rules hospitals and various care facilities. Actually, it also rules prisons, which your Scorpio nature could handle. (Here perhaps a major in sociology.)

What pops out for me in your chart are your domiciled Mercury and Venus-- meaning the planets are extra-strong being in the sign they rule. With your sun and Mars bracketing your MC, which is on their midpoint, you seem willing to work very hard in your career.

Elaa

Elaa, this chart is awfully hard to read, both because of the small size and format. Can you recast it at Astrodienst www.astro.com? Their charts are free. Then maybe reduce their full-size chart to 75% so it fits on the page here, but no more than that.

With your MC, sun, and Mercury in Virgo in the 10th house, I would suggest you consider some kind of administration work, where ultimately (if not at an entry-level) you get to supervise other people. You should be good at detail work as well as trouble-shooting. With your Venus in Libra in the 11th, you probably know how to be diplomatic with people, as well.

Are you athletic? Having Mars so close to the MC shows up in a lot of athletes' charts, but then sports generally are not a life-long career for most people.

If business administration is an option at your college, you might think about that. Otherwise, something like economics, arts administration, or health care administration. With your moon in the 12th house, consider that it rules hospitals and various care facilities. Actually, it also rules prisons, which your Scorpio nature could handle. (Here perhaps a major in sociology.)

What pops out for me in your chart are your domiciled Mercury and Venus-- meaning the planets are extra-strong being in the sign they rule. With your sun and Mars bracketing your MC, which is on their midpoint, you seem willing to work very hard in your career.

Thank you that's really informative, I am really new to this website don't know how to post my chart properly. Anyways I considered buisness adminastration as an option then my parents insisted that i do chemistry, I don't know ...

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you that's really informative, I am really new to this website don't know how to post my chart properly. Anyways I considered buisness adminastration as an option then my parents insisted that i do chemistry, I don't know ...

Are you interested in chemistry? Do you have any career interests that a chemistry degree would be good for?

What do your parents expect you to do with a chemistry degree? Does that match what you want?

While Virgo sun and Mercury in the tenth house could indicate an administrative career, those placements could also indicate any career in which you analyze things and keep track of things. Or writing/editing. Or healthcare. Or anything at all that requires you to be in the process of something.

In general, Virgo is the sign that develops self through development of skill. Put the sun in Virgo, and that kind of self development is yours for a lifetime. In the tenth house, the skills you develop are career-related, and if you become well known, even if it's just well known in your community or your field, those skills are what you become known for. So, it's vital that your career, and your education leading up to it, be something that genuinely interests you.

If chemistry genuinely interests you, there are plenty of careers you could get out of it that would fit your chart. If you're not interested in chemistry for yourself, just agreeing to it to please your parents, that won't work out in the long run. You'll be unhappy and sabotage yourself. And, particularly because you have your sun in a career-related house, if you're unhappy in your career, that will spill over into every part of your life.

waybread

Elaa, I am a retired academic. My former department used to get students whom I nicknamed "refugees" from other departments. Often they started off in a field that their parents wanted (typically engineering) but these students' heart just wasn't in it: the parents' preferred field just didn't "sing" for them.

Perhaps you excelled in chemistry in high school, or your parents see it leading to medical school.

It is understandable that they want you to have a good career. But oftentimes students with a B. S. (B. Sc.) in chemistry need more advanced education to really make something of it beyond lower-order laboratory work.

If you enjoyed chemistry combining it with a management type of double major would prepare you to work in a chemical manufacturing or pharmaceutical company-- if that's what you want.

Earlier you asked about your most prominent aspect. I just noticed that you have sun square Pluto. This is kind of a difficult one. The sun indicates your identity or sense of self. Pluto can deal with power relations and struggles. You may find yourself in "dominate or be dominated" situations, even when you think you are just minding your own business. You may feel that you attract bullies, but this is really the universe's way of asking you to develop your own sense of inner strength and authority. Pluto also rules profound change in our lives, so if you can be an ongoing stand for your self-transformation, you can experience tremendous personal growth in your life.

You've got a nice trine from your domiciled Venus going with both Jupiter and Saturn. Although you may see yourself as a very private person (12th house moon in Scorpio) my guess is that you can talk to anyone, and may have a lot of insights into them, which should be a real asset in your career.

Elaa

Are you interested in chemistry? Do you have any career interests that a chemistry degree would be good for?

What do your parents expect you to do with a chemistry degree? Does that match what you want?

While Virgo sun and Mercury in the tenth house could indicate an administrative career, those placements could also indicate any career in which you analyze things and keep track of things. Or writing/editing. Or healthcare. Or anything at all that requires you to be in the process of something.

In general, Virgo is the sign that develops self through development of skill. Put the sun in Virgo, and that kind of self development is yours for a lifetime. In the tenth house, the skills you develop are career-related, and if you become well known, even if it's just well known in your community or your field, those skills are what you become known for. So, it's vital that your career, and your education leading up to it, be something that genuinely interests you.

If chemistry genuinely interests you, there are plenty of careers you could get out of it that would fit your chart. If you're not interested in chemistry for yourself, just agreeing to it to please your parents, that won't work out in the long run. You'll be unhappy and sabotage yourself. And, particularly because you have your sun in a career-related house, if you're unhappy in your career, that will spill over into every part of your life.

Actually, I am intersted in Chemistry, but I can't help but tink what can i make out of it in the FUTURE I barely sleep at night because of my thinking about how my career would go, if i am going to have a good job, i feel like career is the only way to prove myself to my parents and everyone.
I am really drawn to writing and computer stuff, wit a combination of adminstrative work, but Chemistry has alwayas fascinated me.
Thank you for your informative response.

Elaa

Elaa, I am a retired academic. My former department used to get students whom I nicknamed "refugees" from other departments. Often they started off in a field that their parents wanted (typically engineering) but these students' heart just wasn't in it: the parents' preferred field just didn't "sing" for them.

Perhaps you excelled in chemistry in high school, or your parents see it leading to medical school.

It is understandable that they want you to have a good career. But oftentimes students with a B. S. (B. Sc.) in chemistry need more advanced education to really make something of it beyond lower-order laboratory work.

If you enjoyed chemistry combining it with a management type of double major would prepare you to work in a chemical manufacturing or pharmaceutical company-- if that's what you want.

Earlier you asked about your most prominent aspect. I just noticed that you have sun square Pluto. This is kind of a difficult one. The sun indicates your identity or sense of self. Pluto can deal with power relations and struggles. You may find yourself in "dominate or be dominated" situations, even when you think you are just minding your own business. You may feel that you attract bullies, but this is really the universe's way of asking you to develop your own sense of inner strength and authority. Pluto also rules profound change in our lives, so if you can be an ongoing stand for your self-transformation, you can experience tremendous personal growth in your life.

You've got a nice trine from your domiciled Venus going with both Jupiter and Saturn. Although you may see yourself as a very private person (12th house moon in Scorpio) my guess is that you can talk to anyone, and may have a lot of insights into them, which should be a real asset in your career.

I really love chemistry but the thing is I think that chemistry degree won't get me the career i've ever wanted because of today's in-demand jobs are not chemistry .. I won't be dramatizing if i tell you that I visited every page in the internet talking about degrees , and how hard thinking about a Future where i can't prove myself by getting the career i want.
Yes Actuually sun square pluto is really a painful thing to have.. I met the dark in the life and been harassed at an early age, but now I can't tell if i get bullied or i bully because i can't let anyone get near me before knowing his/her weaknesses and every demention of his/her personality so I can et a hold of them..
I am sorry if my English is a little bit mediocre, I am not English, Actually English is my 3rd language.
Thank you.

Osamenor

Staff member
Studying chemistry doesn't necessarily mean your degree has to be a just plain BS in chemistry. It could be the basis for a degree in pharmacy, and then you could become a pharmacist. Or you could work in scientific research. Drug development requires a knowledge of chemistry, particularly biochemistry. So do many other research fields. A friend of mine who has a chemistry background has worked for several companies, mainly on product development. The most interesting job she told me about was at a startup that was trying to manufacture omega 3 supplements from seaweed. (It failed, but it was an interesting idea, and she was employed there for several years.)

Lots of manufacturing-related fields need people with a chemistry background. Another friend of mine works in a test kitchen--they develop commercial foods, and her job in particular involves figuring out the flavors--and while I don't know if she has a chemistry degree, she must've at least studied some chemistry, to know how the food flavoring works.

Any of those things would be a good fit for a combination of analytical, detail-oriented Virgo with investigator and alchemist Scorpio. That covers your prime triad (sun, moon, and rising signs) right there.

But that doesn't mean business administration wouldn't work for you, if that's what you prefer. I'm sensing some conflict here: it sounds like you personally enjoy chemistry, but you also have a deep rooted belief that the only way you can prove yourself is by following a path that will definitely lead to a clearly defined career. Virgo sun/Mercury/MC would want the details of their career all spelled out before they finish school.

However, to really be happy in your career, you need it to be something that will fulfill you in the long run. If you choose business administration now, that would fulfill your desire to have all the details worked out, because you know exactly what kind of career it would lead to. And you could do well in that career, as far as earning a living and doing your job well and being respected for it goes. But it would mean setting aside chemistry, which, it sounds like, is the process that the Virgo in you loves to work. If you've identified what you really love doing, then that's what you need to be doing. Virgo needs to be in the process of something, and needs it to be whatever process they really enjoy.

Now, if you love administrative work at least as much as you love chemistry, it's fine to focus on that.

waybread

Elaa, maybe you don't have to "prove" yourself. It's all right to have an OK life; a life that leaves you time for hobbies and the people you care about.

With your Mars square moon you might feel (moon) driven (Mars.) especially if your parents are leaning on you.

But sometimes the hard part is actually learning to relax a bit. What if there were no wrong choices? Or if by chance you made one, you could always switch into something else?

The other thing is to think about how long you want to stay in school. To be a top-drawer researcher, you would probably need a Ph. D., followed by a post-doc. For something like a job with a government agency monitoring water quality, a M. S. (M. Sc.) would probably be good. With a 4-year degree, you could find work in a lab but it's hard to say how high you could rise in your career without additional credentials.

It also occurs to me that their are some hybrid degrees, like biochemistry and chemical engineering.

It looks like your 9th house of higher education is ruled by your moon, which is in Scorpio in the 12th house. Something like toxicology research might appeal to you, but you'd probably need some graduate work.