Confusion between Equal house system (MC) and Equal House

joyrjw

I noticed that there seems to be two different types of equal house system and I was wondering if anyone knows what the difference is? I have been using one type, and I enjoy using it, but then I tried the other type (the MC based one) today and noticed fairly significant alterations in my chart. I can't find any information on it when I google or search on this site. If anyone can help me understand this a bit better I would appreciate it because now I'm very curious. (as if I wasn't before :wink:):smile:

I've uploaded pdf attachments of my chart in both house systems
Many Thanks!

Attachments

• Equalhouse.pdf
    179 KB · Views: 54
  • Equalhouse(MC).pdf
    177.3 KB · Views: 143

joyrjw

One centers on the ascendant, while the other centers on the mid heaven.

I figured that part of it out. :) I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. Maybe I'm over thinking it. I just wonder if it's something that can be used all of the time as a natal chart or is it the type of chart ( I'm referring to the MC based chart) that has the kind of "general" significants as that of a harmonics chart. By the way...Thank You for taking the time to respond.

david starling

In theory, the Asc. based Houses would focus on your private life, the MH on your public life. So, it would depend on whether you're a private type of person or a more public type.:joyful:

joyrjw

In theory, the Asc. based Houses would focus on your private life, the MH on your public life. So, it would depend on whether you're a private type of person or a more public type.:joyful:

That makes a lot of sense. Ascendant based for me it is then.
Thank You! :joyful:

nbennett

The Equal House System by definition uses the Equal House 10th, which is not the MC but the Nonagesimal. The MC is put into the chart like it was a planet or Part of Fortune. So to be clear, the Equal House 10th cusp is NOT the MC.