Parent/Child Synastry

katydid

Yes, there are positives possibilities here.

Mom could help son expand his mental abilities as he matures. She may help him gain spiritual insights and creativity. She may open him up emotionally and help him learn to be compassionate and sensitive to other's needs.

But we must also look to see how the Mercury and Neptune are aspected by other planets. If challenged by Mars, Saturn or Pluto, then it is possible there are some difficulties as well...

Could he feel like Mom hides things from him? And doesn't always tell him the total truth?

mamabunnybey

Yes, there are positives possibilities here.

Mom could help son expand his mental abilities as he matures. She may help him gain spiritual insights and creativity. She may open him up emotionally and help him learn to be compassionate and sensitive to other's needs.

But we must also look to see how the Mercury and Neptune are aspected by other planets. If challenged by Mars, Saturn or Pluto, then it is possible there are some difficulties as well...

Could he feel like Mom hides things from him? And doesn't always tell him the total truth?

Thank you for your response. This is most definitely insightful...

Would the roles simply be reversed if the Son was Neptune & Mama was Mercury?

I understand humans make mistakes and part of that could include white lies or other form or lying - especially kids lying to their parents on occasion, but fearing the Son would lie even after being raised not to due to this aspect...

I'm sure you'd have to consider the Son's chart on its own as well as the Mama's chart.

katydid

Yes, lying can be a big issue when there is Mercury opposite Neptune in synastry.

Or denial. Not seeing the other person clearly.

My Mom had Neptune conjunct my brother's Mercury in synastry . She enabled him and never saw his faults clearly. She always saw the best in him, which wasn't a good thing in the overall picture. She always made excuses for him and gave him money when he was obviously lying about what he needed it for. :sideways: