Unaspected Moon

turkish girl

I could not find much Info about unaspected moon?

Can you guys tell me about it.
And does it related to being infertil or not having a child?

Osamenor

Staff member
I could not find much Info about unaspected moon?

Can you guys tell me about it.
Any unaspected planet stands on its own. Nothing to modify its message. Nothing to translate its message, either. It may not be felt very strongly for that reason, but in a way, it's the strongest kind of planet: nothing gets in its way.

And does it related to being infertil or not having a child?

No. Being in a barren sign (Gemini, Leo, or Virgo) could, but just having Moon in one of those signs doesn't make you infertile in and of itself. If you also have strong testimonies to fertility in your chart, Moon in a barren sign might just be what keeps you from being so insanely fertile that you get pregnant if your partner even looks at you.

If you have Moon in a barren sign plus additional testimonies to infertility in your chart, that increases the chances that you'll have some difficulty having children, up to (though not necessarily all the way to) the point of being unable, or that you'll simply choose not to. And if you don't have Moon in a barren sign, even that is a moot point.

But Moon being unaspected is not a fertility factor, at least not that I've ever heard.

turkish girl

Any unaspected planet stands on its own. Nothing to modify its message. Nothing to translate its message, either. It may not be felt very strongly for that reason, but in a way, it's the strongest kind of planet: nothing gets in its way.

No. Being in a barren sign (Gemini, Leo, or Virgo) could, but just having Moon in one of those signs doesn't make you infertile in and of itself. If you also have strong testimonies to fertility in your chart, Moon in a barren sign might just be what keeps you from being so insanely fertile that you get pregnant if your partner even looks at you.

If you have Moon in a barren sign plus additional testimonies to infertility in your chart, that increases the chances that you'll have some difficulty having children, up to (though not necessarily all the way to) the point of being unable, or that you'll simply choose not to. And if you don't have Moon in a barren sign, even that is a moot point.

But Moon being unaspected is not a fertility factor, at least not that I've ever heard.

The topic was about my cousins chart who had an issue with pregnancy and today I looked her chart more deeply today and with the stories my mother told me before about her(her own niece) I summerized it could be a distant relation with her own mother.

She were more close to her dad and other relatives and grandma per my observations

But I must say ,we have some other little cousins and I never saw her having them cuddle and hug.I mean nurturing, and affectionate feelings towards our little cousins.It is like she does not have motherhood instinct much.Those not I see from her chart.My views since our childhood.My uncle sometimes gave her little daughter to us to take care of her but mainly I was the nanny not her even though she is 3 years older than me.

I am also adding her chart for discussion as well

Attachments

• her chart.jpg
    her chart.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 341

Lin

I know it's a stretch but I would read the moon conjunct Uranus. Yes, it is out of sign....but we do allow up to 12 degrees for the moon's aspects.
The deciding factor for me is that the moon is applying to the conj of Uranus.
And at a 10 degree orb I would allow it and read Moon conj Uranus.
Since Uranus is problematic I think that if the mother in question can be described as I do below and her relationship with your cousin, you may agree with my opinion. If the mom is emotional, impulsive, unpredictable....and maybe artistic....
and/or if these adjectives apply to your cousin, then again, the conj is valid.

The Mars/Mercury opposition from the 8th house cusp (Gemini) accounts for the pregnancy trouble. And of course the opp to Venus and other aspects.
What do you think?

LIN

Last edited:

Zora

Account Closed
attachment.php

The topic was about my cousins chart who had an issue with pregnancy and today I looked her chart more deeply today and with the stories my mother told me before about her(her own niece) I summerized it could be a distant relation with her own mother.
I am also adding her chart for discussion as well

Hello turkish girl,

her moon is not unaspected. Her moon is zero degree exact semisextiling her sun as her midheaven and lifepath ruler - working hand in hand together as a team. She needs a feeling of trust in the world to deliver a child to birth in.

Moon is zero degree exact inconjuncting her cancer chiron in 9th house - her inner wound and lack in basic trust and her wounded faith in a higher protecting power above her.

And her moon is sesquiquadrated by jupiter - an energy interruption aspect. Jupiter ruling her 2nd house - physical existence body house, self-esteem, self-protection, defending own territory and own space to find a rest for a physical body restoring and her feeling of being secure and safe.

Moon as a tenant is in 2nd house of landlord jupiter and is in an inner fight with jupiter 's house rules. This might be causing an instinctive refusal in body reactions to interrupt a pregnancy - if she doesn't feel herself safe and secure enough. Vice versa - jupiter as a tenant in landlord's moon house is doing same inner fighting. Is your cousin frightened of what is happening outside in society right now ?

Conceiving a child, pregnancy, own mother experience in childhood as model role for being female and a mother herself - is aquarius in 4th house ruled by uranus.

To conceive a child - ruler of 4th house - her uranus- has first to be transit-activated by a slowmoving transit planet. And to deliver a child to birth- ruler of 5th house - neptune- has to be activated same way as well.

Transit of t-uranus activating and trining her uranus has ended and is finished now. Her neptune is not yet transit-activated.

What issue with pregnancy did your cousin have ?

wilsontc

Staff member
Only 5 aspects are considered in unaspected charts, to Zora

Zora,

Only conjunction, sextile, square, trine, and opposition are considered when decided whether or not a planet is "unaspected". If a planet has none of these five aspects to another planet it is considered "unaspected". The Moon in the attached chart is "unaspected".

Unaspected planets do not "connect in" with the chart and so they tend to operate strongly in the chart as the person TRIES to use the planetary energy and often ends up OVERUSING the planetary energy because they can't sense the planetary energy and so OVERDO that energy.

Unaspectfully Yours,

Tim

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Only conjunction, sextile, square, trine, and opposition are considered when decided whether or not a planet is "unaspected". If a planet has none of these five aspects to another planet it is considered "unaspected".

Is that written down in stone somewhere as fact or theory?

What about the 150 degree inconjunct/quincunx aspect?
If the only aspect, there is no way I would personally consider the moon to be 'unaspected' in a chart, AND using a 5 degree max. orb. Such an aspect occurs in natural incompatible signs and probably produces more stress and strain upon an individual's feelings than a conflicting frictional square aspect would.

If there is a 135 or 150 degree aspect from Moon to a planet, yet also making one of the big 5 mentioned above to other planets, do you consider the former aspects to be 'unaspected' to the Moon?

I'm sure there are many on the forum who could provide personal examples of the effect on feelings of a Moon 135* or 150* planet ?.

:smile:

david starling

Ascendant is in Scorpio, along with the Sun, and Pluto as Chart-ruler.

This isn't known as a "maternal" influence.

Also, her Sun is exact trine Chiron in Cancer.

I wouldn't blame it on her Moon placement.

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
Unaspected planet, to Frisiangal

Is that [If a planet has none of these five aspects to another planet it is considered "unaspected"] written down in stone somewhere as fact or theory?

What about the 150 degree inconjunct/quincunx aspect?

It is written down in many places on the internet, one of those places is here:
https://synnisigns.com/unaspected-planets/

In general, there are five "major aspects", sometimes called "Ptolemaic aspects": conjunction, sextile, square, trine, and opposition. The other aspects exist but are less evident that these 5 aspects. If a planet lacks all of these five aspects to other planets in a person's chart, the person will feel disconnected from the "unaspected planet" in their chart.

Aspectfully,

Tim

david starling

Re: Unaspected planet, to Frisiangal

In general, there are five "major aspects", sometimes called "Ptolemaic aspects": conjunction, sextile, square, trine, and opposition. The other aspects exist but are less evident that these 5 aspects. If a planet lacks all of these five aspects to other planets in a person's chart, the person will feel disconnected from the "unaspected planet" in their chart.

Aspectfully,

Tim

Tim, wouldn't temporary aspectual connections be activated by transiting placements?

Since it's about the Moon, that would lead to mood swings, which would be of short duration regarding the faster transiting planets, but longer for the slower ones.

Frisiangal

Aspectfully,

Tim

Just one of many sites referring to the 'power' within the quincunx aspect, I copied this portion of aspects from the Cafe Astrology site , 'Quincunx interpretations' :-

"
Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Mercury

You end up confused at times because you read more into communications than are there. It’s good to be able to read between the lines – just make sure you are also reading what is on the lines. Your expectations and imagination are assets as soon as you are able to develop a method for expressing your true feelings. Since many of your feelings are hidden from you, self expression becomes a path of self discovery.

Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Venus

The frustration you experience in life often comes because you get what you ask for from other people (and life in general). Unfortunately, what you ask for isn’t what you want. Partly, you are slowly learning better communication skills, and partly you are learning to understand your own deeper cravings as they are. You see the unacknowledged and undigested parts of your sensitivity and creativity present in others, but, these are really projections that you have to own within your self if you are to change for the better.

Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Mars **

Learning to be emotionally consistent is harder for you than for most people because your feelings and desires cover such a wide range of possible expression. Your manner of self expression can inadvertently add weight and encouragement to components of your personality that you actually wish to minimize or even transform. It takes much experimentation with relationships in order to have emotions that serve your higher needs rather than just running amuck on their own mission of blind, disconnected expression. Either artistic or idealistic goals are necessary to achieve satisfaction.

Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Jupiter

To really understand others and life itself, you need to allow others to know you. You always “land on your feet” but often so far away from where you expected or where you said you will be, that you confuse others. Practice being more reliable; then, you will understand yourself, others and life all at once. Your optimism needs focus and to be harnessed to specific projects.

Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Saturn

Your assumptions about life and yourself are colored by your early childhood experience of inconsistency and uncertainty about your parents’ roles. They seem to have been reversed. This has left you uncertain as to what to do or what you are capable of in life. As you become more certain as to your true responsibilities in life, your vision clears as to what you can accomplish. This is also the key to becoming more productive. Through accomplishment you can become more knowledgeable as to how your habits and procedures affect the life circumstances in which you find yourself.

Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Uranus

You may have to sort through the “hidden messages” you received as a child in order to make sense out of some of your adult actions. You act, at times, without any forethought. This is because you are driven by forces out of your immediate awareness. Your spontaneous bursts of enthusiasm either serve you well or they don’t. Early in life you may have been “told” that you should be different, but, your differences will stop you from succeeding. It takes time and adjustment to really learn that it’s okay to be both unique and successful.

Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Neptune

Romantic and idealistic, you easily project qualities onto situations and people that they can’t possibly live up to. The root of this problem is really inaccurate self appraisal. You expect more from yourself than is realistic, then react to your shortcomings with guilt driven service to others and deep expression of overly sympathetic feelings. In the long run you have many opportunities through this aspect of your nature to refine and express your higher vision of the truth to others. Through this expression your daily life becomes a clearer picture of your true inner being.

Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Pluto

You confuse intensity with desire, and need with love. As a consequence of this, your relationships with others (especially romantic partners) can be powerful and “spicy” without engendering much closeness. It takes time for you to recognize the habits that get in the way of intimacy; it takes time to alter them once recognized. Letting go of negative history lays the groundwork for change. Give others permission to be different than everyone else has been before. Through this, you give yourself permission to be different. "

A reliable site with alternate ideas to that in the afore mentioned site above .

** A close friend with :moon::cancer: in 6th house quincunx/inconjunct :mars::aquarius: (intercepted) in 1st house fitted this description perfectly. His "I don't know if I am who I am because of, or in spite of my youth' said it all. Mother died by own hand :)moon::conjunct::chiron:) in his childhood, difficult relationhip with father :)sun::conjunct::saturn:), runaway 'rebel' who, wondrously got on track (teaching profession).
Physically suffered from gastric stomach ulcer ( Moon on Ebertin degree), later heart complaint, much later fatal hemorrhagic stroke (Mars Aquarius).

Could an answer lie in the difference between traditional versus modern astrology thoughts?

wilsontc

Staff member
sensitivity, to David

Tim, wouldn't temporary aspectual connections be activated by transiting placements?

Since it's about the Moon, that would lead to mood swings, which would be of short duration regarding the faster transiting planets, but longer for the slower ones.

David,

That's exactly what happens to people with "unaspected planets" (planets which, while they may have aspects to them, they are not the five major aspects). Since people do not naturally "connect in" with these planets all the time, major transits (of the five major aspects) hit them more STRONGLY because they bring a sudden, passing awareness of the planetary energy which had been previously hid from them. As mentioned, this tends to cause OVERdoing the energy of the unaspected planet.

Agreeing,

Tim

david starling

Re: sensitivity, to David

David,

That's exactly what happens to people with "unaspected planets" (planets which, while they may have aspects to them, they are not the five major aspects). Since people do not naturally "connect in" with these planets all the time, major transits (of the five major aspects) hit them more STRONGLY because they bring a sudden, passing awareness of the planetary energy which had been previously hid from them. As mentioned, this tends to cause OVERdoing the energy of the unaspected planet.

Agreeing,

Tim

It leads to making enthusiastic, long-range plans based on temporary transits, which never works. Astrology is extremely valuable in this situation, in order to know when and what changes will occur.

Osamenor

Staff member
Your cousin has one testimony to infertility in her chart: ruler of the fifth house in a barren sign. That's Jupiter in Leo. (For fertility purposes, traditional rulers are used).

But her fifth house sign, Pisces, is the most fertile of them all. Her Moon sign, Sagittarius, is one of the semi-fertile ones, with a bit of a boost because it's ruled by Jupiter. This is not a thoroughly infertile chart at all. So, while she may have some trouble conceiving, it's not likely to be impossible, unless her partner is infertile or something else interferes (ie a medical problem).