Inconjunction

Hey! I want to know if the inconjunction is a bad aspect or a good aspect? I have Venus and Moon (who are in a close conjunction in Scorpio, both at 19 degree) and these planets are in inconjunct with my Gemini ASC; also my Jupiter is inconjunct with my ASC too. Please answer if you know.

Krewster

Curious whether you ran across any materials suggesting a "good" side to the inconjunct...?

(though the question may be moot if you follow the not-small camp of astrologers ignoring aspects to anything but planets.)

Zarathu

Account Closed
Its just an aspect. It becomes what it is only when its in a chart. You would have to post your chart to determine what it means to you.

There is no one size fits all in astrology.

From Keywords:

INCONJUNCT: REORGANIZATION, COMES FROM BEHIND,
MURPHY’S LAW, SEVERE PERSONAL STRESS, INVOLVING OF
some kind of physical or emotional health loss, but not seeing it
coming; everything costs more and takes longer than you think

This is my natal chart but my birth time is between 4-5 pm, so I usually put it at 4:30...For example if I change my birth time the inconjunction doesn't appear. So I am really confused. I am sorry for the discomfort. :(

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
This is my natal chart but my birth time is between 4-5 pm, so I usually put it at 4:30...For example if I change my birth time the inconjunction doesn't appear. So I am really confused. I am sorry for the discomfort. :(

1. there is no chart here.

2. REAL Astrology requires an accurate birth time, so a time between 4-5 is not terribly useful when a difference of 5 minutes can make the chart completely different.

3. Rectification is possible for your chart, but you would need to know the exact dates of at least six and preferably 10 significant events in your life: births of yours, graduations, death of close friends or close relatives, serious accidents, serious illnesses diagnosis, serious surgeries, marriages, divorces, etc.
Many young people simply haven't have enough big events in their lives to do an accurate rectification. I suggest you write to your hospital of birth and ask for their records.

4. Failing an accurate birth time, some information is available but the stuff that makes you significantly different that someone else who was born around your time won't be there. And as we know, only three percent of the genetic code is what make humans different that gorillas.

Last edited:

mdinaz

The rest aside, I find an inconjunct (quincunx) to be a spiritual aspect that is initially difficult but if mastered, can be applied to your entire life as a whole and allow for great gains in spiritual growth. This is why the Yod is considered a major spiritual aspect and contains two inconjuncts.

Zarathu

Account Closed
What MDinaz said.... with the addition that: its not an aspect that is easily solved and worked on QUICKLY.

YODS ARE TYPICALLY a geometric configuration which don't come to activation until you are at least past 30 years old, and often not until you reach your 40's or 50's.

Typical with the phrase as above: everything takes longer and costs more that you thought, which is a good phrase for YOUTH to learn. Those of us with 60 or more years behind us know it well.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the replay. I understand, I will try to go to my hospital to find out my birth time...mom doesn't know exactly because I had complications at birth, I nearly died but she knows surely that is between 4-5pm. That's okay. :biggrin:

greybeard

I don't see a Quincunx (inconjunction). There is no quincunx in your chart.

Changing time of birth in the range of 4-5 pm (one hour) will not significantly change aspects between planets. It will, however, create or extinguish a quincunx between a planet and an Angle.
Birth time is not so critical for purposes of aspects from planet-to-planet.

In your particular chart, even a change of +/- 1/2 hour will leave the MC and quite probably the Asc in the same signs they occupy in this chart-as-published. If I were reasonably certain that a time of 4-5pm embraced actual time of birth, I would do just what you have done and set the chart for 4:30.

The quincunx is an "unfavorable" aspect. Here is what I say about it in my thread "General Effects of the Aspects":

"Quincunx, (Inconjunct) The quincunx (KWIN-cunks) aspect results from the division of the circle by 12, and is irregular, being an angle of 150°, and in medieval terms the two planets involved “do not behold each other.” It is an aspect of disharmony and disjunction. The two planets are in some way inharmonious, out of balance, or out of touch with each other. It creates conditions of uneasiness, irritation, and maladjustment. It operates subliminally, just on the edge of consciousness, and calls for regeneration or reorganization. The aspect tends to operate in a continuous manner. Recognition is lacking. Situations described by the quincunx lack clarity or focus, and are often surrounded by silence, indifference, or disorganization. The things or persons indicated by the planets involved are averse to each other, alienated, out of contact, and not on familiar terms, and yet tend to generate friction, discord, disharmony or upset. This aspect is often involved in questions of ill health and death. Here, the right hand knoweth not what the left doeth. I have an incest chart in my files in which Venus is Ascendant Ruler, posited directly at the Descendant in Scorpio, and tightly quincunx Moon in the 12th; the mother was aware of the abuse to her daughter by the father, but never said a word. She “did not behold” the sexual molestation of her daughter, and “turned a blind eye.” The quincunx produces strain, grating, discomfort, frustration and abrasion. It can indicate “being out of joint,” just not fitting together. Some astrologers suggest this aspect can produce unrealistic expectations or aspirations, while others claim that it is expansive; the first I agree with, the second I question. Judge by your own experience."

You can access any thread (or post) that anyone has made by clicking on their name (in the header above this post), which will take you to their profile. Once in the profile, look in the right-hand column, near top, and you will see "show all statistics; click on that. Then, in the left-hand box you will see "Find all threads started by greybeard". Click on that, and all threads started by that person will be listed and accessible. In the thread "General Effects of the Aspects" you will find the most important aspects listed and described. If you wish you can copy the thread as a whole and store it somewhere on your computer for easy access in the future, when needed.

I disagree with Zarathu here. The quincunx, like all other aspects (and including the yod formation), is effective from birth and continues its effects throughout life. I would also point out that what mdinaz says is true ... "I find an inconjunct (quincunx) to be a spiritual aspect that is initially difficult but if mastered, can be applied to your entire life as a whole and allow for great gains in spiritual growth.", it is not everyone who "masters" the aspect. Even when "mastered" (i.e., you have come to terms with it and, through age and experience "grown spiritually"), it can still produce unpleasant states and events. What happens is that the difficult effects of the aspect give us experience in dealing with them, and if we learn to do this, spiritual growth accompanies the process.

Last edited:

mdinaz

I don't think it creates unrealistic expectations; I think it creates the situation of "I don't like where I am but I have no idea how to get over yonder and make it better". So one particular area of your life will be perpetually irritating, uncomfortable, or unmanageable - like a fly that keeps landing on your face but you have no idea how to get rid of it. Once you learn to manage the aspect however, this lesson can be applied to ALL areas of your life, not just the one area that was irritated - and thus lift all of you to a higher level of awareness, hence the spirituality of the aspect. I view the sesquiquadrate the same way.

I have a difficult quincunx of Vesta to the Vertex whereupon I continually create realities that do not suit or serve me, and have struggled for years on how to change that. Once I gain mastery over this, I can change ALL my realities, not just the annoying ones that vex me. This is particularly important now as transiting Pluto is quincunx my Sun and Node, so karmic things are happening at this time to bring it all to fruition and force that learning.

It's kinda a complicated aspect you all said very useful things about it...I thought I had it because it shows me there in the pyramid aspect. I wish I could express myself better and write more but I am not an english person! :D

greybeard

I wholeheartedly agree with your last post and clarification mdinaz.

"Unrealistic expectations" are present in almost everyone's life and are strongly obstructive to spiritual growth. And you are absolutely correct in that, once recognized and corrected in one area of life, the "returned sight" is applied to all areas of life, and spiritual growth (psychological balance and harmony, wisdom, etc) occurs.

I went through such an experience, and when it occurred I used the term "unrealistic expectations" in my own thinking process (not borrowed from some book.) I saw, after 5 years of constant internal struggle and anger, that I was operating on unrealistic expectations, and almost instantly learned that

1. I must constantly be vigilant, and check all my relationships (personal or impersonal) for "unrealistic expectations" (false imposition of should be, could be on circumstances).
2. All that is needed to correct any such situation is to learn to take a different point of view. It is that simple. Just look at things differently and life changes.

greybeard

Christiana, there are many many people in this community who are "not English persons."
Their native language is not English.
Who cares?
Just express yourself the best you can and don't worry about it.
We're all here to talk about astrology, not to criticize someone's English.

Yes, I know this but mostly everytime I can't express myself as I would want, idk why. I just feel like it's a block there. But I got used to it. I understand very well English but when I have to speak/write I manage it but not as I would wish. Of, I don't want to speak about it, haha : ) probably it's just my Saturn square Mercury but I read somewhere that it gets better with time, so I would have to wait, I am just 17 for the moment so no rush.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I disagree with Zarathu here. The quincunx, like all other aspects (and including the yod formation), is effective from birth and continues its effects throughout life. I would also point out that what mdinaz says is true ... "I find an inconjunct (quincunx) to be a spiritual aspect that is initially difficult but if mastered, can be applied to your entire life as a whole and allow for great gains in spiritual growth.", it is not everyone who "masters" the aspect. Even when "mastered" (i.e., you have come to terms with it and, through age and experience "grown spiritually"), it can still produce unpleasant states and events. What happens is that the difficult effects of the aspect give us experience in dealing with them, and if we learn to do this, spiritual growth accompanies the process.

You misread it.

I said that the YOD gets activated, not the inconjunct. I agree that the inconjunct is activated at birth, and have enough of them in my chart to understand Murphy's law intimately.