Sociopaths and Pluto transits

brion

What are you thoughts on someone who has a personality disorder, as in the title, having Pluto trine Jupiter (as a transit: in the birth chart, Pluto squares Jupiter), BUT also transiting Pluto now (1/12/2020) conjunct Ascendent, opposition to Uranus, square to Neptune, Square to Venus and just completed square to Saturn and the Moon? (Natal chart has Saturn conducting moon, squaring ascendant, conjuncting Venus, squaring Uranus, conjunct Neptune), while
Pluto/Jupiter trine (both natal and transit) is known as "the Hand Of God is Stretched Out Over You," protecting the individual from the worst. But, does that hold if there is an abuse of the transit.
However, if said individual has what is called anti-social personality disorder (DSM IV in psychology manuals) and uses the transit to manipulate others, how would you think that would work? Pluto Moon ended December 2019, as did Pluto/Saturn (and I think the consequence was that I realized my friend was sociopathic (yes, I'm trained to spot that) and backed off - on the very last day of the Pluto/Saturn transit (although he'd misrepresented his time of birth and I had to reconstruct the chart months later when I realized something didn't feel right).
The drummer from the rock group Rush, Neil Peart, just died of glioblastoma, which he'd had 3 years, (clearly starting during the Pluto/Saturn transit)He was born 9/12/1952. My former friend? Born 9/20/1952. But the friend is also having Neptune opposing Mars and coming up on Neptune opposing Mercury soon.
Can misuse of Pluto energy result in disaster, in your experience - even getting a trine?

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Misuse of Pluto energy always results in disaster. The question is whether it's disaster for the individual misusing Pluto energy, or for others.

Case in point: Hitler had Pluto squaring his sun throughout World War II.

If the chart as a whole is highly protective of the native, they get away with a lot, especially if they have favorable transits as well. But when those favorable transits stop being so favorable, then there's more room for consequences.

The consequences can be major, but minor ones, like you realizing your friend was a sociopath, are much more common.

It also depends on what the native was doing. If your friend had been an evil dictator ordering the mass murder of millions, instead of just being a petty manipulator to the people around him, the ultimate consequence might be that he got ousted, assassinated, or, like Hitler, killed himself in despair. Seeing through his manipulation and refusing to take it is a proportional consequence for a manipulator. Even more so would be if everyone around him saw through him and wouldn't support him anymore.

brion

Thanks.
I did find it interesting that Neil Pearth, of the rock group, Rush, is 7 days older (same year, of course) than my former friend. I found it equally interesting that I even came across his death notice; it wouldn't normally be something I'd be aware of, but something told me to look at his birthdate, which, as soon as I saw it, astounded me. And with my friend having liver problems (Jupiter) , and being HIV positive, and despite my quite sudden - and, for him, shocking - departure - I couldn't help but worry about his health, with him having Uranus in the 6th natally, Pluto now transiting the 12th.
But thank you for the courtesy of a reply.

libbyvir

My sociopath sibling has Pluto trine Jupiter. My sibling has emotionally abused me for several years and this is one of the reasons for my 29 degrees crisis in my Libra rising. It will take me decades to recover from this crisis. I have asked God, why is my sibling not punished for this abuse towards me? But then I realise the sibling is already punished in his psychology, he is a jealous intense sociopath, he is a Mars in Scorpio sociopath.

Can anyone explain more about Mars in Scorpio sociopaths?

Last edited:

aquarius7000

My sociopath sibling has Pluto trine Jupiter. My sibling has emotionally abused me for several years and this is one of the reasons for my 29 degrees crisis in my Libra rising. It will take me decades to recover from this crisis. I have asked God, why is my sibling not punished for this abuse towards me? But then I realise the sibling is already punished in his psychology, he is a jealous intense sociopath, he is a Mars in Scorpio sociopath.

Can you explain why you picked Jupiter in your sibling's case? Is your sibling a Jupiter rising or a Sag/Pisces Sun?
Or did you pick it because that is the only planet in an aspect to Pluto and the previous posts mentioned Pluto, so that made you pick Jupiter.
Just curious to know because I don't think one can look at one planet due to its notorious reputation and use that as the basis to understand aspects isolated from the whole chart. If you like, you can post your sibling's chart and we can have a look at it together. Btw, I am not saying your sibling is might not be a sociopath, but would like to understand the aforementioned questions.

brion

What's the rest of the chart? I have Jupiter trine Pluto and I'm quite the opposite. Jupiter trine Pluto is the ultimate "fairness" aspect, so there must be some things that are countering that aspect, such as Saturn squaring Jupiter, which lessens the jupiter/pluto trine.

libbyvir

I've been searching all over for my brother's chart and I think I got his birth time wrong. I will let you know when I get the correct details.