Learning Astrology

Greetings,

I've been into astrology for quite a while (been seriously reading astrology books for more than 5 years, on and off during that time). I'm familiar with a number of websites, watch some big name astrologers on youtube and other sites, have astro software programs and a working knowledge of the basics. However, I struggle in terms of advancing in my learning. Perhaps it is information overload, but selecting a means of studying and analyzing a chart in a comprehensive manner alludes me. I'm not sure if I should identify an author and just stick to their works and approach and follow that or not. How does one make the jump from a newbie to intermediate?

Yes, I've tried, but often feel overwhelmed and uncertain about beginning and the processes of synthesizing the information as well as determining what should be given greater weight/emphasis.

I look at the sun, moon, and ASC. Look at their signs, house placement, aspects, condition. After that, it depends. Might take a house by house approach. Might see if there is a feature (a stellum, planets on the cusps of the 1, 4, 7, and 10 houses, mutual receptions etc).

conspiracy theorist

I look at the sun, moon, and ASC. Look at their signs, house placement, aspects, condition. After that, it depends. Might take a house by house approach. Might see if there is a feature (a stellum, planets on the cusps of the 1, 4, 7, and 10 houses, mutual receptions etc).

So at what point does being overwhelmed start to set in for you? This doesn't sound like a bad approach to get the ball rolling in regard to practical experience.

Since being overwhelmed is an issue, why don't you keep your scope limited and start trying your hand at interpretation with your current methodology? Maybe you might get a handle of synthesis by getting feedback from those you read for as well as the observation of how charts congeal in real life cases.