I do not really know or understand unaspected chart rulers in the solar return. Help?

duenderoja

This year my solar return as a Virgo ascendant [same as natal].

My chart ruler, Mercury, is unaspected.

I am not concerned at all with the 10th house, where Gemini is.

Natally, my Mercury is in Scorpio in the 3rd.

In the solar return, it is in the 2nd house, conjunct the 3rd cusp by 2°.

I will not be showing the chart. I have had friction with many members of this forum when I do so, so please forgive me.

I am not asking for a reading. I am asking to understand what an unaspected planet means in a solar return chart. I have provided the details solely to spur responses and analogies and explanations.

greybeard

An unaspected planet...

Well, let's see.

We could say something like "this planet's energies are free to act fully without interference from another", with neither obstruction nor support.

Morin says that an unaspected planet brings "strange or extraordinary events" of the nature of the house occupied.

And it seems your 3rd receives repeated pointing from several perspectives. Aha!

It is natal Mercury expressing here, bringing forth his promise. This unimpeded energy can accomplish marvels, or create the chaos of a runaway train.

I would pay particular attention to the condition of the lord of Mercury, who places constraints on Mercury.

Last edited:

duenderoja

An unaspected planet...

Well, let's see.

We could say something like "this planet's energies are free to act fully without interference from another", with neither obstruction nor support.

Morin says that an unaspected planet brings "strange or extraordinary events" of the nature of the house occupied.

And it seems your 3rd receives repeated pointing from several perspectives. Aha!

It is natal Mercury expressing here, bringing forth his promise. This unimpeded energy can accomplish marvels, or create the chaos of a runaway train.

I would pay particular attention to the condition of the lord of Mercury, who places constraints on Mercury.

Thank you so very much sir. Your lesson has pointed me in the correct direction of study!