Emotional Intimacy

Belgianmoonguy

I'm not so good in this area...
Physical Intimacy, bring it on... i would say
But open up in an emotional and vulnerable way to others, that's ... hard...

Could it be a side effect of my oh so lovely Virgo Moon? :59:
My BD (6/25/85, 11u30AM (9u30GMT AM), Poperinge (Belgium, 2E43, 50N51))

freedomlover

BMG,

I've been looking over your chart, but don't know exactly where to begin. Suffice it to say that "yes", it could have something to do with your Virgo moon, if my theories are correct. I'll start you off with a little quoting and copy/paste for a conversation starter. With your feedback, maybe we can get some answers. This is a problem, that I, too have struggled with.....so this should be interesting.

Saturn(r) in the 3rd: You probably had some difficulties with your siblings and grew up feeling lonely. This position of Saturn may indicate a lack of good early education or a lack of love in your childhood home. Hard aspects may make you feel picked on, or lead to a feeling of inadequacy or depression.
(My note: Saturn in Scorpio could indicate power struggles/ abuse with/by siblings or neighbors. The Scorpio/3rd house combined can also indicate someone who was not allowed to learn on their own/think for themselves - overcoercive/abusive behavior by someone who teaches them.)

Venus opposition Saturn: Chronically discontented, you often sacrifice happiness for duty. Shy, sensitive, and stiff with your emotions, others may find you cold. You tend to be on the defensive, and you fear rejection and lack of acceptance. You may have problems with your parents and will do better after you leave their home. Your big lesson is to learn to relate to others.

Ceres in Cancer: These people feel nurtured around the home. Hugs definitely can work here. So can housework. They want to be mothered and are good at mothering in turn. The negative side is they may get the "Cancer Crazies" when they feel a need for nurturing, the "Nobody loves me, nobody cares about me, and I'm going to die in the poorhouse" syndrome.

Ceres Aspects the Sun: Nurturing will tend to be part of your character. With the harmonious aspects (conjunction, sextile and trine) the effects are smooth and easy. You probably had a nurturing father, and the nurturing you received was compatible with who you are (the Sun). The stressful aspects (square and opposition) show problems. The opposition could mean that you tend to nurture others, but not yourself. Conversely, it might be an indicator of someone who always expects others to nurture them. The square means that the early nurturing you received (especially from the father) was not compatible with the type of person you are, or that you tend to be suspicious, or even reject the nurturing that you really need. For example, suppose the Sun is in Aries and Ceres is in Cancer. This person needs lots of soft, emotional nurturing, but that is not in accord with the self-sufficient image that Aries has of itself, so the needed nurturing is rejected.

Ceres Aspects Mars: Energy, action, and nurturing combined. This person feels nurtured through physical action, adventure, and even combat. When it comes to nurturing others, they can dive right in and nurture you whether you want them to or not. The stressful aspects (square, opposition, and, here, the conjunction as well) are an indicator that the early nurturing tended to be in conflict with the need for assertion. The parents could have withheld nurturing when the child was in an angry mood, causing the anger to be repressed. Conversely, at least one parent could have expressed anger at the child's nurturing needs, affecting the child's sense of self-worth. Adults with the stressful Mars/Ceres aspects may get angry when asked to nurture others. They may even get angry when they have to nurture themselves!

Ceres Aspects Neptune: If you have this combination, you can feel nurtured by your imagination. When it comes to nurturing others, you will tend to add a note of fantasy. Parents with this one can play imaginary games with their children.
Watch out for the stressful aspects (conjunction, square, and opposition). Neptune is the planet of sympathy, and, when Ceres is in stressful aspect, it could indicate a tendency to try to "nurture" people who are constantly draining you, like the alcoholic who is always falling off the wagon and needs you to pick them up "just one more time." It could easily work out the other way as well. The person with Ceres in stress aspect with Neptune could be the one who is "needy" and constantly drains everyone around them, until those people get fed up and leave. Then, they search for another sympathetic soul to con into providing "nurturing" and the cycle repeats. The irony is that no amount of nurturing will ever feel satisfactory because the Ceres/Neptune stress aspect means that, deep down inside, there is a feeling that the nurturing is undeserved. Neptune is also the planet of escape. The stressful aspects could also indicate a tendency to feel nurtured (or avoid the pain of not feeling nurtured) through alcohol or drug abuse. Needless to say, in cases like these, therapy is a necessity. The positive side of Ceres/Neptune can be very loving and giving. There is real feeling behind the nurturing, and people will notice it. A good outlet would be doing volunteer charity work with a Ceres quality, such as working to collect food or clothing for the poor and needy.

LIke I said, I see many possibilities of issues in the chart, but your comments on the copy/paste stuff should be a good guide as to whether I'm "off" or "on" with what I'm picking up.

Lin

Without even looking at your chart yet, I'd say, look around you in your own family. Are people in your family emotionally open? Are emotions welcomed or comdemned? If your "role models" aren't emotionally "free" to express themselves, how could you have learned to be open? Feeling intimidated or inhibited in expressing your emotions are learned as well as being born with according to date, time and place. If you can work on this area of your life, you can change it, to a degree.
BUT.... if it's too risky, "don't try this at home!!!" LOL
Take some emotional risks when with friends. See how it feels.
You may need some help in this area. Women need emotional sharing. No relationship can EVER work for long without it.
Lainie

Your virgo asc. makes your virgo moon even stronger. You do have alot of water in your chart though, saturn in scorp oppose Venus in taurus may contribute too..and cancer sun square virgo moon.

Virgo

Belgianmoonguy

freedomlover said:
BMG,
I've been looking over your chart, but don't know exactly where to begin. Suffice it to say that "yes", it could have something to do with your Virgo moon, if my theories are correct. I'll start you off with a little quoting and copy/paste for a conversation starter. With your feedback, maybe we can get some answers. This is a problem, that I, too have struggled with.....so this should be interesting.
Saturn(r) in the 3rd: You probably had some difficulties with your siblings and grew up feeling lonely. This position of Saturn may indicate a lack of good early education or a lack of love in your childhood home. Hard aspects may make you feel picked on, or lead to a feeling of inadequacy or depression. (My note: Saturn in Scorpio could indicate power struggles/ abuse with/by siblings or neighbors. The Scorpio/3rd house combined can also indicate someone who was not allowed to learn on their own/think for themselves - overcoercive/abusive behavior by someone who teaches them.)
I don't like my brother... to say it softly... Funny enough, we both have Saturn in 3, and his Saturn is on my rising... I sometimes do feel inadequate or depressed indeed. And power struggles, well hmm, i don't see my brother often and i want to keep it that way...
Venus opposition Saturn: Chronically discontented, you often pick duty for happiness. Shy, sensitive, and stiff with your emotions, others may find you cold. You tend to be on the defensive, and you fear rejection and lack of acceptance. You may have problems with your parents and will do better after you leave their home. Your big lesson is to learn to relate to others.
Indeed, it takes me long time to open up to others... But i just don't like people who are openly emotional... imo i think it's fake... I indeed fear rejection.
Ceres in Cancer: These people feel nurtured around the home. Hugs definitely can work here. So can housework. They want to be mothered and are good at mothering in turn. The negative side is they may get the "Cancer Crazies" when they feel a need for nurturing, the "Nobody loves me, nobody cares about me, and I'm going to die in the poorhouse" syndrome.
One funny episode a few weeks ago... Something didn't work out like i wanted too and i was in a 'nobody likes me. Even if I will have a good wife, a good lover (i want it all :38: ), obedient energetic children and a nice career, what's the use of my life. I'm just going to kill myself. But even then I was seemingly very enthousiastic. So the CC is familiair to me, but only from time to time... Don't like self pity a lot... But I think, if it happens sometimes, may be it's good... but one doens't have to dwell on it
Ceres Aspects the Sun: Nurturing will tend to be part of your character. With the harmonious aspects (conjunction, sextile and trine) the effects are smooth and easy. You probably had a nurturing father, and the nurturing you received was compatible with who you are (the Sun). The stressful aspects (square and opposition) show problems. The opposition could mean that you tend to nurture others, but not yourself. Conversely, it might be an indicator of someone who always expects others to nurture them. The square means that the early nurturing you received (especially from the father) was not compatible with the type of person you are, or that you tend to be suspicious, or even reject the nurturing that you really need. For example, suppose the Sun is in Aries and Ceres is in Cancer. This person needs lots of soft, emotional nurturing, but that is not in accord with the self-sufficient image that Aries has of itself, so the needed nurturing is rejected.
True. Sun/ Ceres/ Mars in Cancer... I thought sometimes it would have been easier if I was a woman, but i don't want to be one... Or if I would have been born as a Gemini Sun guy, but then i could have had Moon in Cancer (if I was born 6 or 5 days earlier) and may be that would have been a lot worse. I indeed have a nurturing very involved dad (saturn in scorpio also)
Ceres Aspects Mars: Energy, action, and nurturing combined. This person feels nurtured through physical action, adventure, and even combat. When it comes to nurturing others, they can dive right in and nurture you whether you want them to or not. The stressful aspects (square, opposition, and, here, the conjunction as well) are an indicator that the early nurturing tended to be in conflict with the need for assertion. The parents could have withheld nurturing when the child was in an angry mood, causing the anger to be repressed. Conversely, at least one parent could have expressed anger at the child's nurturing needs, affecting the child's sense of self-worth. Adults with the stressful Mars/Ceres aspects may get angry when asked to nurture others. They may even get angry when they have to nurture themselves!
Ceres Aspects Neptune: If you have this combination, you can feel nurtured by your imagination. When it comes to nurturing others, you will tend to add a note of fantasy. Parents with this one can play imaginary games with their children.
Watch out for the stressful aspects (conjunction, square, and opposition). Neptune is the planet of sympathy, and, when Ceres is in stressful aspect, it could indicate a tendency to try to "nurture" people who are constantly draining you, like the alcoholic who is always falling off the wagon and needs you to pick them up "just one more time." It could easily work out the other way as well. The person with Ceres in stress aspect with Neptune could be the one who is "needy" and constantly drains everyone around them, until those people get fed up and leave. Then, they search for another sympathetic soul to con into providing "nurturing" and the cycle repeats. The irony is that no amount of nurturing will ever feel satisfactory because the Ceres/Neptune stress aspect means that, deep down inside, there is a feeling that the nurturing is undeserved. Neptune is also the planet of escape. The stressful aspects could also indicate a tendency to feel nurtured (or avoid the pain of not feeling nurtured) through alcohol or drug abuse. Needless to say, in cases like these, therapy is a necessity. The positive side of Ceres/Neptune can be very loving and giving. There is real feeling behind the nurturing, and people will notice it. A good outlet would be doing volunteer charity work with a Ceres quality, such as working to collect food or clothing for the poor and needy.
Hmm... I don't know lots of normal people in my circle of friends... But i'm not attracted to normal ppl as well... Give me someone with a past, an addiction, (and for a lover) some kinky thoughts abouts sex and handcuffs and i'm sold :D My imagination is indeed very vivid and i've been into situations most ppl didn't (i mean in a sober state of mind then :D ) or may be i see the joke in everything... I can indeed be very loving and giving, but I need to have the world before I open myself up to someone... No wonder most ppl run from me in the end.
LIke I said, I see many possibilities of issues in the chart, but your comments on the copy/paste stuff should be a good guide as to whether I'm "off" or "on" with what I'm picking up.
Thx Freedomlover

Belgianmoonguy

Lin said:
Without even looking at your chart yet, I'd say, look around you in your own family. Are people in your family emotionally open? Are emotions welcomed or comdemned? If your "role models" aren't emotionally "free" to express themselves, how could you have learned to be open? Feeling intimidated or inhibited in expressing your emotions are learned as well as being born with according to date, time and place. If you can work on this area of your life, you can change it, to a degree.
BUT.... if it's too risky, "don't try this at home!!!" LOL
Take some emotional risks when with friends. See how it feels.
You may need some help in this area. Women need emotional sharing. No relationship can EVER work for long without it.
Lainie

Funny enough, i always feel more relaxed in friendships, whether with women or men, then in relations... May be because one expects less from friendships then from relations...
Emotionally Open
Mother was emotionally manipulative (Moon in Scorpio in 1)...
Dad didn't even realize he had emotions (Moon in Cap in 4). But he's very supporting and like a rock. I adore my dad (sun in 10 (opposed to neptune)) but we clash also very heavily from time to tome. But now I'm older I have more understanding for the guy... He always tell me I shouldn't me so emotionally repressed, but to me, he's more mental then emotional. But I really respect him, cause he didn't have the best of childhoods and he did a lot for me to give me the feeling that he was better then his own parents. Now the contact between him and his oldest son (my brother) is better and I stimulate him in taking contact with him, even though i don't like my brother. But the world doesn't revolve around me and my feelings off course...

'No relationship can work long without it' There's the point for now, i haven't had a long relationship until now (8 weeks, 3 months)... And somehow i don't mind. But somehow i do... And i don't like long relationships, i guess... But i've never been into one, so i can't know... Just don't like stability for now...

Belgianmoonguy

virgo96019 said:
Your virgo asc. makes your virgo moon even stronger. You do have alot of water in your chart though, saturn in scorp oppose Venus in taurus may contribute too..and cancer sun square virgo moon.
Virgo

Virgo Moon
Many astrology books say they're more mental then emotional
In a certain sense this is true... for me
But somehow... Virgo is delicate
Their emotions too

What's 'funny'
When a great tragedy happens... I seem not affected by it... Someone dies, my lover leaves me... I don't mind much
But when a spoon falls off the table, i'd go nuts... May be that's something Virgo Moons do... emotionally being stressed out by details

Last edited:

waterlilly

Hmm... I don't know lots of normal people in my circle of friends... But i'm not attracted to normal ppl as well... Give me someone with a past, an addiction, (and for a lover) some kinky thoughts abouts sex and handcuffs and i'm sold :D My imagination is indeed very vivid and i've been into situations most ppl didn't (i mean in a sober state of mind then :D ) or may be i see the joke in everything... I can indeed be very loving and giving, but I need to have the world before I open myself up to someone... No wonder most ppl run from me in the end.

Lol...LOL... Virgo you are funny.

I also have a virgo moon and battle with feelings of inadequacy. However, I'm led to believe that virgo rules the genitals and these practises above are not uncommon. Virgos & moons are usually either GREAT lovers or anal. I have yet to meet a balanced Virgo moon.

Just give it time and don't lose that humor

Belgianmoonguy

waterlilly said:
Lol...LOL... Virgo you are funny.

I also have a virgo moon and battle with feelings of inadequacy. However, I'm led to believe that virgo rules the genitals and these practises above are not uncommon. Virgos & moons are usually either GREAT lovers or anal. I have yet to meet a balanced Virgo moon.

Just give it time and don't lose that humor

I have a Virgo Rising & Moon, but I'm a Cancer sun actually (oh yeah forgot my birth data are mentioned here somewhere)
I'm balanced sometimes, but being balanced is boring... Although sometimes i long for peace and tranquillity, but when I have it for 5 minutes, it bores me to death (sun conjunct mars may be) And as long as people don't have psychological disorders, being a bit out of balance is funny and original
Well Virgo is female and Scorpio male, if we look at genitals. The curl of Virgo is directed inwardly (just as female genitals) and the curl of Scorpio is directed outwardly (just as male genitals). But this doesn't stroke with the fact that Scorpio is a female sign, but it has male rulers (Mars/ Pluto)
Yeah they say Virgo is anal directed... Hmm...
And feelings of inadecuacy... So familiair in my life...

I just think the Virgo rising and Moon give me some innocent, dull looking air so that people are surprised when the actual me is playing up, once they get to know me...

BMG..your right about the little things, my virgo moon does the same thing..the big stuff I can handle no problem, the little stuff, like dropping a spoon on the floor, is a tragedy, and for me its all those little inconviences that happen throughout the day that set me off. My son tells me all the time, "you get upset over the littlest thing" and I say "how the hell do you figure it's a little thing?!" Then I go into the speech as to why, whatever it may be at the moment. But that's nothing compared to my sister, she is almost a double virgo, her asc is 29 deg leo. She has a 1st and 2nd house virgo stellium...one thing we all know in the family is that if you want to plan a family event you'd better check with her first! The slightest inconvience will set her right over the edge.

virgo

Francesca

fREEDOMLOVER, WHEN YOU STICK TO ASTROLOGY, YOU'RE VERY GOOD. BMG, BE CAREFUL THAT CANCERIAN DESIRE TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM HURT DOESN'T END UP "PROTECTING" YOU FROM LIFE AND LOVE,LIKE IT DID ME.

Belgianmoonguy

Even a Virgo can't be so cruel (may be a Scorpio of Cap :38: , moon signs of both my parents, but i don't want to imply i have cruel parents)

Cat, i mentioned my birth data in the 1st post here
june 25 85
Poperinge (2E43, 50N51)
11:30am local time (9:30am GMT)
Currently living in Ghent, Belgium

Grtz

Catatonia

Belgianmoonguy said:
Even a Virgo can't be so cruel (may be a Scorpio of Cap :38: , moon signs of both my parents, but i don't want to imply i have cruel parents)

Cat, i mentioned my birth data in the 1st post here
june 25 85
Poperinge (2E43, 50N51)
11:30am local time (9:30am GMT)
Currently living in Ghent, Belgium

Grtz

Tell me...how is it like to be you right now? Saturn is currently squaring your Venus. I'd love to know your thoughts. Forgive me, everyone, for hijacking this thread. If BegianMoonGuy consents, I will happily take this to private messaging, lol. :34:

Catatonia

SimplyRed

My Ceres trines Mars, but in 12th house. I have a Jupiter in Cancer. Nuturing until my sorry Saturn in Scorpio feels threatened.

LOL, the Virgo is funny. I know a Virgo. sun and moon. He is freaking hilarious to me. Yea, the little things drive him nuts, however no one in the world likes to help like a virgo. Somehow over the past couple of years, met a lot of Virgo ascendants, suns, moons, you name it.

He had next door neighbors who had a child and not married. She was depressed all the time because of it. He went over two times and the guy always had an excuse why the Virgo could not take them to the courthouse to get legally married. Third time he went over there, they were married that day. I thought it funny. I would have never done anything like that.

I do not understand the Virgo anal, fussy gig. I would drive a Virgo nuts. I do know that. Messy does not bother me, however nasty does. So, I imagine I would halfway get along with Virgo. I have three sisters with Virgo ascendant and I fail to understand tidy after all these years. Organization Yes, but TIDY is a major ????:eek: to me.

Belgianmoonguy

Tidy is also a big mystery to me...
Although when I'm stressed i sometimes clean my room, clean my desk... And I love more a kind of cosy disorder then a sterile clean room
I guess the Moon sign is how you play when you're insecure
Now I guess i was my whole youth insecure cause I always acted Virgo like... Never showing any emotions, always being practical, efficient... Finally my Cancer is playing up...

And i don't only drive Virgo nuts, i drive everyone nuts when i want to :D ... I like to play advocate of the devil...

Last edited:

Claire19

Where do we get the idea that Virgo rules the genitals!! It is the stomach, the intestines. Where food is processed.

Saturn opposite Venus will do it!!!! and backed up by a Virgo Moon which really prefers to live alone and is basically independent. Also fussy and critical as well as being health conscious and a reliable practical person.

Intimacy is always scary and it takes courage to take the emotional risks and I believe that falling in love for instance is not a voluntary phenomenon or not conscious anyway. Real Love is a different thing of course.......

Claire

Belgianmoonguy

Claire19 said:
Where do we get the idea that Virgo rules the genitals!! It is the stomach, the intestines. Where food is processed.

Saturn opposite Venus will do it!!!! and backed up by a Virgo Moon which really prefers to live alone and is basically independent. Also fussy and critical as well as being health conscious and a reliable practical person.

Intimacy is always scary and it takes courage to take the emotional risks and I believe that falling in love for instance is not a voluntary phenomenon or not conscious anyway. Real Love is a different thing of course.......

Claire

I read in a book that the curl that's directed inwardly in the sign of Virgo could stand for the female genitals...
If it's true... don't know
I didn't suggest at all that Virgo ruled the genitals