I feel like my natal chart doesn't fit me

WeCareALot

I finally got confirmation of my birth time (7:21PM) so I know what my actual natal chart is now. The problem is that I can't help but feel like my natal chart doesn't really fit me. It doesn't explain my obsession with finding the right career and other 10th house matters. It also shows that I should be interested in stuff that I'm really not, like relationships and family life.

If anything, I feel like the AM version of my chart fits me much better. With a 7:21AM birth time, I'd have a Taurus ascendant with a packed 10th house and mars and jupiter in my 1st house, which makes way more sense to me.

Anyone struggle with this as well?

Attachments

• natal chart.jpg
    natal chart.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 93

miquar

Hi. But your Sun and (chart ruling) Venus are in dynamic Aries in the 6th house. The 6th house represents the experience of being someone who has particular skills which are being developed over time.

Your Moon is rising, so your instinctive awareness of what feels sustaining and what feels threatening plays a very significant role in defining who you experience yourself to be. Since you have Cancer on the mid-heaven, this instinctive awareness naturally finds expression through the pursuit of a vocation or calling, so this is an area of life where you can be yourself, and where you can look for answers to the question of what sustenance and security really mean.

The Moon doesn't only function on a biological level, and Libra isn't just about romantic relationships. You will probably find that you meet life instinctively aware of the potential for shared understanding - of the possibility of nurturing the inner harmony of yourself and others by looking for affinity with others (even though the Aries part of you needs to remain autonomous and subjective). The chart doesn't necessarily suggest a need for family and relationships, although there is some suggestion of a tendency to experience relationships as an arena in which rivalry is an issue in some way.

WeCareALot

Hi. But your Sun and (chart ruling) Venus are in dynamic Aries in the 6th house. The 6th house represents the experience of being someone who has particular skills which are being developed over time.

Your Moon is rising, so your instinctive awareness of what feels sustaining and what feels threatening plays a very significant role in defining who you experience yourself to be. Since you have Cancer on the mid-heaven, this instinctive awareness naturally finds expression through the pursuit of a vocation or calling, so this is an area of life where you can be yourself, and where you can look for answers to the question of what sustenance and security really mean.

The Moon doesn't only function on a biological level, and Libra isn't just about romantic relationships. You will probably find that you meet life instinctively aware of the potential for shared understanding - of the possibility of nurturing the inner harmony of yourself and others by looking for affinity with others (even though the Aries part of you needs to remain autonomous and subjective). The chart doesn't necessarily suggest a need for family and relationships, although there is some suggestion of a tendency to experience relationships as an arena in which rivalry is an issue in some way.

Hi miquar,

Thanks! I really enjoy your responses :) What you highlighted makes sense to me. I guess I've been easily swayed by some of the more cookbook astrology descriptions on the Internet--namely, how the 6th house is a terrible house (especially for the Sun) and how Libra as a sign is pathetically obsessed with romantic relationships. Based on what I've read, it seems like a lot of themes in my life haven't been explained by my chart.

I do feel a strong need to be skilled at something, and to hopefully use those skills in my dream career, which I guess is a 6th house thing. And I do tend to respond to life in an instinctive way even though I'd like to think of myself as more rational than that :pinched:

One thing in your comment that stuck out to me: It's funny that you mentioned rivalry in relationships because that has happened to me so much that it's baffling. I think I created a thread a while ago about getting on well with people at first and then finding that I can never really keep friends because I end up arguing or competing with them a lot. Was there a particular aspect or house position in my chart that alerted you to that? Is it because my chart ruler (Venus) is in the sign of its detriment?

Thank you!

miquar

Hi. Thanks for your response. Its interesting that you use the phrase 'dream career' because you have Neptune right on your Sun/Moon midpoint with Saturn also close.

And responding to life in an instinctive way and yet wanting to think of yourself as rational sounds very 'Moon rising in Libra'.

Something that occurred to me after that last post is that Moon rising ruling the mid-heaven could mean that vocation is so important to you because it would fill a hole within you which other people fill by being close to their families.

The rivalry stuff is probably to do with the Aries and Libra placements, and also Sun and Venus square Uranus. Aries can be very competitive, but the issue here is why that competitiveness gets directed towards friends. I don't feel entirely clear about how this issue is reflected in the chart, but there are a couple of things that might be worth reflecting on.

Since Moon rising in Libra looks for affinity with others, your Aries Uranus side may need to play the antagonist in order to affirm to yourself that you are still an individual. Especially since Venus is in Aries, it may be that you need to affirm your individuality within a friendship for the affirmation to really mean anything to you. It might be a good idea to think about whether this theme was part of your relationship with your mother. If so, you can reflect on what you didn't get from that relationship which you are now trying to get by recreating the dynamic in friendships.

Just a thought...

Krewster

[FONT=맑은 고딕]Not sure why you would look past your Sun’s tightest aspect to answer your career question (the 3 min orbed Sun bi-novile Sat).[/FONT]

[FONT=맑은 고딕]As for not wanting to settle down with relationships and family life and the frequently occurring rivalry in relationships, your Sun 90 Uran might be enough of an indicator (of the former at your age) and, if not, the how about Ven 135 Pluto being “red” triangulated by Mars (via semi-octile aspects).[/FONT]

Kannon

I finally got confirmation of my birth time (7:21PM) so I know what my actual natal chart is now. The problem is that I can't help but feel like my natal chart doesn't really fit me. It doesn't explain my obsession with finding the right career and other 10th house matters. It also shows that I should be interested in stuff that I'm really not, like relationships and family life.

If anything, I feel like the AM version of my chart fits me much better. With a 7:21AM birth time, I'd have a Taurus ascendant with a packed 10th house and mars and jupiter in my 1st house, which makes way more sense to me.

Anyone struggle with this as well?

Very often it is the Asc sign previous to the one indicated by the recorded birth time that is actually correct. However, the chart you show here with 18LIB53 on the Asc has work/goal-oriented Saturn [22S07] and idealistic Neptune [21S58] contra-parallel Midheaven [21N36].

And your signature after your posts says something about how "changeable" you are. This fits Moon on the Asc. You've given me nothing to doubt that this chart is basically accurate.

Verify your Asc:
Ascendant Sign Descriptions on AW
Aspects to Asc: Conjunctions and Parallels

RayAustin

I finally got confirmation of my birth time (7:21PM) so I know what my actual natal chart is now. The problem is that I can't help but feel like my natal chart doesn't really fit me. It doesn't explain my obsession with finding the right career and other 10th house matters.

What do you mean? You have the 10th house ruler, changeable Moon in your first house.

WeCareALot

Something that occurred to me after that last post is that Moon rising ruling the mid-heaven could mean that vocation is so important to you because it would fill a hole within you which other people fill by being close to their families.

Wow, um, yep. That's 100% true. I don't care a bit for family (i.e. having children, etc.) or relationships but I would give up everything for my dream career.

I guess I haven't put too much stock into my moon rising ruling the MC because I didn't think it was a big deal? I thought career matters were best explained by planets in the 10th house or conjunct the MC. I never considered that house rulers were equally important.

The rivalry stuff is probably to do with the Aries and Libra placements, and also Sun and Venus square Uranus. Aries can be very competitive, but the issue here is why that competitiveness gets directed towards friends. I don't feel entirely clear about how this issue is reflected in the chart, but there are a couple of things that might be worth reflecting on.

Since Moon rising in Libra looks for affinity with others, your Aries Uranus side may need to play the antagonist in order to affirm to yourself that you are still an individual. Especially since Venus is in Aries, it may be that you need to affirm your individuality within a friendship for the affirmation to really mean anything to you. It might be a good idea to think about whether this theme was part of your relationship with your mother. If so, you can reflect on what you didn't get from that relationship which you are now trying to get by recreating the dynamic in friendships.

Just a thought...

It's not so much friends that I compete with but just anyone that I happen to be close to. I'm very competitive by nature, and it's hard for me to associate with someone and not compare myself to them in some way. Sometimes that inclination to compare is bad and sometimes it's good because it motivates me to do better, etc. I think that other people's accomplishments/skills/talents make me hyper-aware of what I do or don't have, and so I want to compete to 'boost' myself, so to speak. The more innocent side of it is that I just love competition in general so I'd probably engage in a lot of 'friendly' competition whether I felt happy with myself or not.

And yes, I absolutely do feel a need to assert my individuality within friendships. I hate feeling like I have to tell white lies or go along with other people just to be "friends" so I think I've stalled a lot of friendships by arguing a lot and not making efforts to emotionally solidify the relationship. I think my attitude towards past acquaintances/friends has always been "take it or leave it" because I hate feeling like I need anyone. The problem is that it ends up driving people away (with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 people) because they think I'm arrogant or, in some cases, naive.

Anyway, thanks so much for the feedback on this post! I really appreciate it!

Last edited:

WeCareALot

Very often it is the Asc sign previous to the one indicated by the recorded birth time that is actually correct. However, the chart you show here with 18LIB53 on the Asc has work/goal-oriented Saturn [22S07] and idealistic Neptune [21S58] contra-parallel Midheaven [21N36].

And your signature after your posts says something about how "changeable" you are. This fits Moon on the Asc. You've given me nothing to doubt that this chart is basically accurate.

Are parallel and contra-parallel aspects equally as powerful as regular, natal aspects? I've heard varying opinions. If we're going to go by declinations, then that explains a whole lot because I'd have Mars and Jupiter parallel my MC and contra-parallel Saturn and Neptune. And I'd have venus parallel pluto opposing my Sun, I think.

Kannon

Are parallel and contra-parallel aspects equally as powerful as regular, natal aspects? I've heard varying opinions. If we're going to go by declinations, then that explains a whole lot because I'd have Mars and Jupiter parallel my MC and contra-parallel Saturn and Neptune. And I'd have venus parallel pluto opposing my Sun, I think.

Yes, they are.

Normally your MC [21N36] would not be considered in orb for a parallel with Mars [22N55] <orb 1*21'> or with Jupiter [20N01] <orb 1*35'>, but its close enough that with the two planets sandwiching the MC you could consider these parallels to be in effect. It points more to the possibility of an earlier Libra Asc. But in any case you have answered your own question.

JUPITERASC

Are parallel and contra-parallel aspects equally as powerful as regular, natal aspects?

I've heard varying opinions.

If we're going to go by declinations, then that explains a whole lot because I'd have Mars and Jupiter parallel my MC and contra-parallel Saturn and Neptune. And I'd have venus parallel pluto opposing my Sun, I think.
dr. farr has studied astrology for more than fifty years
and comments re: parallels and contra-parallels on this thread
:smile:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=492430#post492430

I consider (in practice) the orb for Parallel of declination to be up to 2 degrees;

I regard Parallels as equivalent to strong conjunctions in longitude;

I do not factor in contra parallels of declination
(because historically
some authorities have regarded these as having the same effect,
ie conjunctional effects,
as parallels,
while others have regarded these as being equivalent to oppositions in longitude
)...
First thing I always check are any Parallels
(within 2 degrees)
of the Nodes
with any planets,
with the part of fortune,
or
with the ascending degree
or
the MC
I will add that the weight of contemporary astrological opinion
supports that
contra's are = to oppositions;

however,
because of previous astrological thought regarding this matter,
I myself am unsure
and so
I simply do not use the contra's in my delineations
- the parallels give me more than enough to deal with!!

Culpeper

Premium Member
Using traditional delineation, your chart does appear to meet what you say of yourself. Mars is rather weak and inactive and rules the 7th house. This can mean a lack of interest in relationships and such. The 10th house is ruled by a strong moon in the first house. Thus you have a real interest in 10th house affairs, but the Moon does not rule professional careers. It rules more common jobs. Mercury, Venus and Mars are not strong, and so do not point to a high status career. Many people do not like their charts, and some of them have their charts rectified to something they like, but I do not think it will help them much.

WeCareALot

The 10th house is ruled by a strong moon in the first house. Thus you have a real interest in 10th house affairs, but the Moon does not rule professional careers. It rules more common jobs.

Not sure what you mean by 'common jobs'? I thought the moon ruled things like healthcare and nurturing professions, certain artistic jobs like interior design, and the hotel industry. Couldn't any of those jobs (or any job in particular) become a professional career depending on how far one takes it?

Wames

If you study modern astrology then Moon can rule occupations such as: baker, cook, fisherman, gardener, janitor, maritime worker, nurse, obstetrician, restaurant worker, waiter, etc.

In traditional astrology Moon isn't one of the planets of Mastery (only Mercury, Venus, and Mars). If it's strong it can mean working with the hands, maybe construction. I like to look at Moon in connection with other planets. Sometimes it tells a story. Yours could indicate work with some traveling involved.

It's not so much friends that I compete with but just anyone that I happen to be close to. I'm very competitive by nature, and it's hard for me to associate with someone and not compare myself to them in some way. Sometimes that inclination to compare is bad and sometimes it's good because it motivates me to do better, etc. I think that other people's accomplishments/skills/talents make me hyper-aware of what I do or don't have, and so I want to compete to 'boost' myself, so to speak. The more innocent side of it is that I just love competition in general so I'd probably engage in a lot of 'friendly' competition whether I felt happy with myself or not.

This is a good example of what Robert Hand talks about in Horoscope Symbols re: Libra. He writes:

"Being the sign of the simplest of all relationships, the one-to-one, Libra has difficulty in thinking of other modes of relationship. It sees in terms of polarities: I versus you, this person versus that person, we versus they. And very often for "versus" one may substitute "together with". The key idea is that Libra cannot conceive of self in a vacuum. Self is developed only in connection with another self......Libra needs the juxtaposition of itself to another in order to develop self-understanding and self-realization."

And yes, I absolutely do feel a need to assert my individuality within friendships. I hate feeling like I have to tell white lies or go along with other people just to be "friends" so I think I've stalled a lot of friendships by arguing a lot and not making efforts to emotionally solidify the relationship. I think my attitude towards past acquaintances/friends has always been "take it or leave it" because I hate feeling like I need anyone. The problem is that it ends up driving people away (with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 people) because they think I'm arrogant or, in some cases, naive.
Your Mercury trines the MC and that could have something to do with the need to express your own point of view and ideas, being objective, and being extremely mindful of your own direction in life.

Your chart fits everything you are describing about yourself in this thread. Saturn squares your Asc-Dsc axis and that can indicate a strong independent streak too. Saturn does push relationships to the backburner. It's just not important to you.

I'm curious about something. Moon is above the horizon in your chart so this may not be the case.....but do you have a history of any asthma/bronchial issues? Moon in opposition or square to Saturn could indicate that, especially with the Moon in the 1st.

Cheers!

WeCareALot

Thanks for your response, Wames! You brought up some interesting points.

If you study modern astrology then Moon can rule occupations such as: baker, cook, fisherman, gardener, janitor, maritime worker, nurse, obstetrician, restaurant worker, waiter, etc.

In traditional astrology Moon isn't one of the planets of Mastery (only Mercury, Venus, and Mars). If it's strong it can mean working with the hands, maybe construction. I like to look at Moon in connection with other planets. Sometimes it tells a story. Yours could indicate work with some traveling involved.

One of my biggest dreams is to be location-independent (in terms of making money) so I can live anywhere. I would love to just roam and live in hotels in different parts of the world for a long time.

But as far as career goes, I'm mainly interested in the arts--specifically, screenwriting and directing.

This is a good example of what Robert Hand talks about in Horoscope Symbols re: Libra. He writes:

"Being the sign of the simplest of all relationships, the one-to-one, Libra has difficulty in thinking of other modes of relationship. It sees in terms of polarities: I versus you, this person versus that person, we versus they. And very often for "versus" one may substitute "together with". The key idea is that Libra cannot conceive of self in a vacuum. Self is developed only in connection with another self......Libra needs the juxtaposition of itself to another in order to develop self-understanding and self-realization."

This is true for me somewhat but I hate it so I try not to do this. I consider it a character flaw. I despise all Libra energy and only find it useful for negotiation.

I'm curious about something. Moon is above the horizon in your chart so this may not be the case.....but do you have a history of any asthma/bronchial issues? Moon in opposition or square to Saturn could indicate that, especially with the Moon in the 1st.

Cheers!

Hmm, interesting. I've never had any kind of respiratory or bronchial issues actually. I do have an intense fear of drowning because I hate the feeling of losing my breath. But that's about it, haha.

I also hate my chart because so many of my planets are completely busted--Merc and Venus in particular. And the "strong" planets are barely strong--my Sun is in Aries but it's busted in the 6th house (cadent) and I suppose Pluto is strong since it's in the 1st house but only barely so.

Thanks for your responses!

miquar

Perhaps part of why you hate your chart is that your Moon rising in Libra is feels that everything needs to be perfect. This unrealistic need is worth working on because while YouCareTooMuch about this you deny yourself self-acceptance and inhibit the flowering of your potential. There is nothing wrong with your chart.