Astrologers' Community

Astrologers' Community (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houses & cusps (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105337)

tripleooo 04-15-2017 10:16 PM

Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
So traditionally the 6th, 8th and 12th houses are considered to be evil and malefic. The 6th house is about duties, responsibilities and hard work which is not rewarded. The 8th house is about death, fears and other peopleís money. The 12th house, the most unfortunate of all, is about sorrow, imprisonment and self-undoing.

I personally have no stelliums in these houses, but Iím definitely interested in hearing other peopleís stories and experiences about this. Do you feel that your stellium negatively affects you? Do you think life is generally hard and unjust to you? Tell me about your experience! :smile:

P.S. If you use a house system which is not Placidus, please mention it. :wink:

craft94 04-15-2017 10:56 PM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleooo (Post 778082)
So traditionally the 6th, 8th and 12th houses are considered to be evil and malefic. The 6th house is about duties, responsibilities and hard work which is not rewarded. The 8th house is about death, fears and other people’s money. The 12th house, the most unfortunate of all, is about sorrow, imprisonment and self-undoing.

I personally have no stelliums in these houses, but I’m definitely interested in hearing other people’s stories and experiences about this. Do you feel that your stellium negatively affects you? Do you think life is generally hard and unjust to you? Tell me about your experience! :smile:

P.S. If you use a house system which is not Placidus, please mention it. :wink:

I have a 6th house stellium... in Scorpio... opposite a Moon/SN conjunction in the 12th house, Taurus. No personal planets in the 8th house but Uranus and Neptune are there squaring my Sun and Merc. Pretty dark. Paranoia, anxiety, mental illness, power struggles, loneliness, obsessiveness, compulsiveness, isolation, the list goes on. I am very neurotic.

tripleooo 04-16-2017 12:35 AM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by craft94 (Post 778103)
I have a 6th house stellium... in Scorpio... opposite a Moon/SN conjunction in the 12th house, Taurus. No personal planets in the 8th house but Uranus and Neptune are there squaring my Sun and Merc. Pretty dark. Paranoia, anxiety, mental illness, power struggles, loneliness, obsessiveness, compulsiveness, isolation, the list goes on. I am very neurotic.

Wow, that's sad... :sad: It must be scary to deal with so much stuff. It really makes me wonder if all this is a consequence of your 6th/12th house oppositions. And also Uranus and Neptune squares...

If you don't mind me asking, do you feel like these traits have always been a part of you or was there something that triggered it? I'm just interested because I wonder if all these negative effects could have been avoided if you had a nice and happy life or if that's inherent. If you don't want to answer, I'll understand.

AppLeo 04-16-2017 12:38 AM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
I have mercury, NN, and moon in the 8th house.

Does that count as a stellium?

tripleooo 04-16-2017 12:48 AM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AppLeo (Post 778140)
I have mercury, NN, and moon in the 8th house.

Does that count as a stellium?

Nah, I don't think so. :smile: I actually hope you're happy that you don't have a stellium in any of those houses. :wink:

craft94 04-16-2017 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppLeo (Post 778140)
I have mercury, NN, and moon in the 8th house.

Does that count as a stellium?

I would count it as a stellium.
But I understand not everyone thinks the nodes are as important as I do.

craft94 04-16-2017 03:46 AM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleooo (Post 778137)
Wow, that's sad... :sad: It must be scary to deal with so much stuff. It really makes me wonder if all this is a consequence of your 6th/12th house oppositions. And also Uranus and Neptune squares...

If you don't mind me asking, do you feel like these traits have always been a part of you or was there something that triggered it? I'm just interested because I wonder if all these negative effects could have been avoided if you had a nice and happy life or if that's inherent. If you don't want to answer, I'll understand.

I think more than likely it's a mix of both. I bet certain events that happened in past lives have something to do with it too.

PotatoChippole 04-16-2017 07:53 PM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
Oh god I never knew it was so spooky.
So, I have a what-might-be-a-stellium in my 8th house, made of Venus, Mercury, and the Sun. Are they considered bad?
I have dealt ( still dealing with) suicidal depression, loneliness, obsession with the paranormal and death. Do three planets count as a stellium?

tripleooo 04-16-2017 09:33 PM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PotatoChippole (Post 778322)
Oh god I never knew it was so spooky.
So, I have a what-might-be-a-stellium in my 8th house, made of Venus, Mercury, and the Sun. Are they considered bad?
I have dealt ( still dealing with) suicidal depression, loneliness, obsession with the paranormal and death. Do three planets count as a stellium?

I'm 90% sure it can be counted as a stellium. All of these planets are personal so they have a strong influence on your personality.

Well, if we were to paint the world black and white, it can be considered bad. Your fascination with death, occult, anything forbidden and paranormal is clearly indicated in your chart. I've also looked up your chart, another important factor that adds up to all this is your natal Moon in the 12th house. I'm not much of an expert, but if I were asked what I think about the person with such a chart, I would say that there is a very high possibility of suicide. Please beware of this. If you don't find the idea of death scary, it doesn't mean that it's a good idea to end your life abruptly in such a stupid and irreversible kind of action. There are so many things worth living for and I hope you never forget about this. :smile:

katydid 04-16-2017 10:23 PM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
I have pondered my annoying 6th house stellium for decades and decades...:sad:


Libra is on the cusp of my sixth, and I have Saturn tightly Conjunct Neptune and Spica in Libra. Then the Sun conjunct Neptune @ Zero Scorpio. And Mercury is conjunct the Descendant @ 18 Scorpio.

So I have Saturn, Neptune, Spica, the Sun and Mercury in the 6th, in Libra/Scorpio.

One interesting and perhaps surprising thing is that at age 64, I take no medications whatsoever, and have only been hospitalized for an illness two times in my life. Once when I was in college and once last year for an asthma attack.

But many Astro books speak of 6th house stelliums as an indication of many chronic health issues. So far I have avoided that trap.

There are some things that I do attribute to my 6th house crowd. I have Aquarius on the MC with the North node there in Aquarius. And I do think that was an indication of my unusual decision to become a professional astrologer in the 70's and early 80's.

But my 6th house stellium , with Sat/Nep conjunct the Sun,helped to create my difficulties figuring out a clear and easy way to make a stable financial foundation. I gave a lot of readings away in trade and bartering, kept lousy book keeping, and was not efficient. There were no computers yet to do all of the calculations and the drawing of the charts. I did have that eventually, but in the early years, it was very time consuming to calculate all the charts, progressions and synastry and to draw them out by hand.

Anyway, my 6th house of servitude seemed to take over in those decades. I was s slave to my chosen career, although I did love it. But it was not very lucrative for me. :whistling:

I got married during my Saturn Return in Libra. And I became a 'stay at home' mom for many years. And again, that was my 6th house stellium playing out. But I did LOVE that period of time. We had two kids and 5 or 6 pets and I was in charge of all of them. :joyful:

I think my 8th house Moon in Cap saved me from my 6th house stellium. It allowed me to see the BIGGER PICTURE and to understand why the 6th house had so much power in my life this time around. :sideways:

PotatoChippole 04-17-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleooo (Post 778340)
I'm 90% sure it can be counted as a stellium. All of these planets are personal so they have a strong influence on your personality.

Well, if we were to paint the world black and white, it can be considered bad. Your fascination with death, occult, anything forbidden and paranormal is clearly indicated in your chart. I've also looked up your chart, another important factor that adds up to all this is your natal Moon in the 12th house. I'm not much of an expert, but if I were asked what I think about the person with such a chart, I would say that there is a very high possibility of suicide. Please beware of this. If you don't find the idea of death scary, it doesn't mean that it's a good idea to end your life abruptly in such a stupid and irreversible kind of action. There are so many things worth living for and I hope you never forget about this. :smile:

Thank you,my depression doesn't seems to get better no matter what I do. I hope I can defeat it one day, even though I stumble upon terrible things that decrease my wish to live. Anyway, enough with that, I must thank you once again for clarifying my doubt. Have a good day/night! :)

tripleooo 04-17-2017 09:33 PM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by katydid (Post 778346)
I have pondered my annoying 6th house stellium for decades and decades...:sad:


Libra is on the cusp of my sixth, and I have Saturn tightly Conjunct Neptune and Spica in Libra. Then the Sun conjunct Neptune @ Zero Scorpio. And Mercury is conjunct the Descendant @ 18 Scorpio.

So I have Saturn, Neptune, Spica, the Sun and Mercury in the 6th, in Libra/Scorpio.

One interesting and perhaps surprising thing is that at age 64, I take no medications whatsoever, and have only been hospitalized for an illness two times in my life. Once when I was in college and once last year for an asthma attack.

But many Astro books speak of 6th house stelliums as an indication of many chronic health issues. So far I have avoided that trap.

There are some things that I do attribute to my 6th house crowd. I have Aquarius on the MC with the North node there in Aquarius. And I do think that was an indication of my unusual decision to become a professional astrologer in the 70's and early 80's.

But my 6th house stellium , with Sat/Nep conjunct the Sun,helped to create my difficulties figuring out a clear and easy way to make a stable financial foundation. I gave a lot of readings away in trade and bartering, kept lousy book keeping, and was not efficient. There were no computers yet to do all of the calculations and the drawing of the charts. I did have that eventually, but in the early years, it was very time consuming to calculate all the charts, progressions and synastry and to draw them out by hand.

Anyway, my 6th house of servitude seemed to take over in those decades. I was s slave to my chosen career, although I did love it. But it was not very lucrative for me. :whistling:

I got married during my Saturn Return in Libra. And I became a 'stay at home' mom for many years. And again, that was my 6th house stellium playing out. But I did LOVE that period of time. We had two kids and 5 or 6 pets and I was in charge of all of them. :joyful:

I think my 8th house Moon in Cap saved me from my 6th house stellium. It allowed me to see the BIGGER PICTURE and to understand why the 6th house had so much power in my life this time around. :sideways:

Thank you for such an informative and insightful response! It's good to hear about some positive experience with stelliums in these houses.

It's actually surprising that you are so healthy! I think most people at your age, even those that have no planets in the 6th house, get ill rather frequently due to their unhealthy habits and lifestyle. It's good that you successfully avoid this. :smile: But yeah, being a slave to the routine does sound a lot like the 6th house problem... I feel like the 6th house is traditionally called bad because any planet in it automatically gets stuck in the routine but it can't get out of it because only doing routine tasks it feels at home and therefore always returns to doing them... It's hard to find true happiness in the routine. But it seems like you found happiness in raising your children and I'm really happy you did. :joyful: I think you made use of the best parts of this stellium and avoided the worst.

It's interesting though that you ascribe this to your Moon in Capricorn in the 8th house. The Moon being in its detriment and in the malefic house sounds like it should cause plenty of problems, but not solve any. :unsure: By the way, do you have any other planets in the 8th or 12th houses?

katydid 04-17-2017 10:05 PM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleooo (Post 778612)
Thank you for such an informative and insightful response! It's good to hear about some positive experience with stelliums in these houses.

It's actually surprising that you are so healthy! I think most people at your age, even those that have no planets in the 6th house, get ill rather frequently due to their unhealthy habits and lifestyle. It's good that you successfully avoid this. :smile: But yeah, being a slave to the routine does sound a lot like the 6th house problem... I feel like the 6th house is traditionally called bad because any planet in it automatically gets stuck in the routine but it can't get out of it because only doing routine tasks it feels at home and therefore always returns to doing them... It's hard to find true happiness in the routine. But it seems like you found happiness in raising your children and I'm really happy you did. :joyful: I think you made use of the best parts of this stellium and avoided the worst.

It's interesting though that you ascribe this to your Moon in Capricorn in the 8th house. The Moon being in its detriment and in the malefic house sounds like it should cause plenty of problems, but not solve any. :unsure: By the way, do you have any other planets in the 8th or 12th houses?

The way I look at it, My Moon in Capricorn helped elevate me from the 6th house of boring routine into that of a local metaphysical healer.

My Moon is conjunct Mars in Capricorn and Chiron is alongside. Mars is exalted there, by sign and house. And is the ruler of my Scorpio 6th house planets.

So that exalted Mars in the 8th brought my 6th house into the Metaphysical realm. I was an astrologer and taught classes and spoke at the local book store and that transformed the 6th house routines into something magical and exciting.

I worked a lot with emotional healing and worked with survivors of childhood sexual abuse as I was one as well.

So you are correct that the debilitated 8th house Moon was the initial source of problems, as I was repeatedly molested by my uncle as a young child. However it ended up making me a strong, resilient woman and a great Mama Bear for my children and my damaged clients. :sideways:

I have Jupiter in Taurus in the 12th, but it is 2 degrees from my Taurus Ascendant. So I see it as more of a first house planet in many ways. And I think it opened up my 12th and makes it a resource for me, not an obstacle.

wan 03-01-2019 01:15 AM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by katydid (Post 778623)

My Moon is conjunct Mars in Capricorn and Chiron is alongside. Mars is exalted there, by sign and house. And is the ruler of my Scorpio 6th house planets.

Isn't your 6th house in Libra? If yes, then the planet that rules all your planets in the 6th should be Venus.

katydid 03-01-2019 06:55 AM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wan (Post 955136)
Isn't your 6th house in Libra? If yes, then the planet that rules all your planets in the 6th should be Venus.

No, I think that Venus rules my Saturn and Neptune in Libra, and Mars is the dispositor of my Sun and Mercury in Scorpio.

duilwen 03-05-2019 08:28 AM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
I have my Uranus Neptune and mercury on the 6th house. Since two of them are not personal planets, can I still consider that as a stellium?

Chrysalis 03-05-2019 02:31 PM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
8th house stellium Mercury/sun/saturn/north node.

How mines played out:
Secretive and very private, im not on no social media like facebook/instagram/snapchat, and i never post selfies i hate them. Even on whatsapp i have no photo up i leave it blank.
A lot of 8th house skeletons in the closet, traumas.
Need alone time.
Deep interest in anything to do with the occult/death/conspiracies/ghosts/anything that predicts the future.
I don't like people knowing the full me as i feel too exposed.
I keep people at arms length, find it hard getting close to people, only have a select couple of close friends, as soon as people get close i get claustrophobic and push them away again, i can't be around someone for too long (if i am) i need time away from them to recover.
And i feel indifferent to a lot of people, funnily enough the only people i can properly relate to (in the outside world) and vice versa are Scorpios. [Apart from one friend], she has no 8th house/scorpio activated in her chart, but our chart angles are exact by sign/degree, so its this that brings us together.

Thats about it.

LilyLavender 04-20-2019 10:53 PM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
I have a sixth house stellium. Sun, Saturn, Mercury tightly conjunct south node in Scorpio, then Uranus and Venus (tightly conjunct descendant) in Sag.

Slave to routine indeed, easily obsessed with the minutia, feel like my life is mostly comprised of the tasks of everyday living, pretty dull mostly! Occasionally my Aries moon will compel me towards something impulsive or mildly thrilling. Also deeply, deeply fascinated by all things occult/esoteric. And as a result, often find myself battling isolation/loneliness as this stuff is not most people's cup of tea. I generally prefer more solitary activities anyway.

Lion o ness 04-21-2019 01:40 AM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
4 leo in H6
Sun moon mercury (conjunct 1 degree)
Mars

My planets are stabilized by sextile to saturn.
Im very stable worked for the same company for 25 yrs.
i stick to a personal routine . I really dont like going our of my routine.
Unless its for a romantic relationship my leo also sextile uranus in h7

In home/ career/money etc im very stable. However in relationships i total opposite, fkaky. Never satisfied. I seek out pluto relationships ( pluto) also in h7.

What can i say im boring and crazy at the same time 😱

Irisiel 01-17-2020 12:00 AM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
My Sun in Virgo is in my 12th along with Mercury, Uranus and Pluto. I have shown some extremes in life, set-apartedness which isn't always fun, but I prefer alone so it's not really lonely. Bouts of depression after a genuine cause, though they hung on a little longer.

But overall I'm smart, happy, strong and optimistic. A Virgo worrier but an imagination that helps.

Still, spent only some of my young years in life in any kind of relationship.

forest06007 01-17-2020 02:11 PM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
I have a double stellium, one in my 10th house (Scorpio) and another in my 12th house (Capricorn).

Mercury, Pluto and the Sun are in Scorpio, with Mars in Libra on the cusp.

I also have Saturn, Neptune, the Moon, Uranus in Capricorn, with Venus in Sagittarius on the cusp.

Jupiter in Cancer (6th house) is in opposition to everything in Capricorn (12th house).

Am I crazy, or is this very strange??

Psychedelicmind 01-18-2020 08:41 AM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
I have a Venus/Libra, Uranus/Virgo and Pluto/Virgo stellium in the 12th house while Retrograde Saturn/Aries, Moon/Pisces and Retrograde Chiron/Pisces are sitting in the 6th house. I donít consider it maliefic at all. I try to embrace all that the 12th brings, absorb and redistribute it in a different manner. I donít fear the 12th house like some do, but enjoy what it brings to the surface. I am all about evolvement and change, transforming and regeneration, and deal with it all as it comes my way, without fear. I find that Saturn tends to cause me more strife than anything else. I am now working on embracing that as well.

Irisiel 04-18-2020 07:30 PM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychedelicmind (Post 1022658)
I don’t fear the 12th house like some do, but enjoy what it brings to the surface. I am all about evolvement and change, transforming and regeneration, and deal with it all as it comes my way, without fear. I find that Saturn tends to cause me more strife than anything else. I am now working on embracing that as well.

I'm trying to learn to handle it this way: 55 years old and attempting to reconnect with the intuitive side and transform my way out of the self-judgement and perfectionism of the Sun and Mercury in 12th House Virgo, Virgo ASC.

Maybe you can come closest to "getting" me! I have Sun-Merc-Pluto AND Uranus in Virgo in the 12th.

I have read that the way out of a stellium is to find release in the opposite house. But like you, here we find Saturn in 6th opposing ALL those planets, in PISCES! :crying::biggrin: What release?!

Then I had a look at my solar return this year: NOW it's Sun-Moon-Mercury-Venus-Mars in Virgo, only in the 8th House!! ALL my personal planets and luminaries conjunct each other in ANOTHER malefic House?

Now Neptune opposes them; Saturn and Pluto are in my 1ST.

And don't think I didn't notice that POF/Pholus conjunction there in the 1st also.

...Seriously, I'm a bit worried; I thought my NATAL was extreme. Can anyone comment? Thank you! :biggrin:

Attachment 84949

Psychedelicmind 04-18-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irisiel (Post 1039891)
I'm trying to learn to handle it this way: 55 years old and attempting to reconnect with the intuitive side and transform my way out of the self-judgement and perfectionism of the Sun and Mercury in 12th House Virgo, Virgo ASC.

Maybe you can come closest to "getting" me! I have Sun-Merc-Pluto AND Uranus in Virgo in the 12th.

I have read that the way out of a stellium is to find release in the opposite house. But like you, here we find Saturn in 6th opposing ALL those planets, in PISCES! :crying::biggrin: What release?!

Then I had a look at my solar return this year: NOW it's Sun-Moon-Mercury-Venus-Mars in Virgo, only in the 8th House!! ALL my personal planets and luminaries conjunct each other in ANOTHER malefic House?

And my SUN is STILL opposed by Saturn!

...Seriously, I'm a bit worried; I thought my NATAL was extreme. Can anyone comment? Thank you! :biggrin:

Attachment 84949


I slowly learned to not focus on the strife that Saturn brought to the table during my life, but, to realize all that I actually learned and gained from it. I realized that I had gained far more than I saw before. I, like most, focused on the negativity attached to Saturn and carried it with me. Once I saw the positive side (and thereís always one-you just have to look for it), I now handle and process the obstacles or lessons Saturn throws out differently. I no longer see them as Burdens in my life. I also have Chiron and my moon in the 6th house (Hardly ever sick though) hanging out with Saturn. Both Saturn and Chiron are Retrograde too.

The 12th house stellium is a hard one to Trudge through, but well worth it in the end. I would say the goal is to find balance within yourself. That and your mind and subconscious(The keys to the 12th)-so I used both to overcome it. Once you achieve this, everything else just became so much simpler to work through. It makes no sense to a lot of people, yet it allowed me a way out from it all.

I understand your plight with your solar return this year, for mine also has many planets traipsing through the 8th house that causes me to raise an eyebrow. I also have the Saturn/Pluto/Jupiter in the 5th house. Iíve decided to take it all as it comes, and see how it all unfolds. I always Jokingly refer to the 8th as the house of mystery because you never really know whatís going to sprout from it. Good luck with yours-I hope your year goes well, and those pesky 8th house planets bring positive things.

I understand that self-judgement part only too well. I used to live with this daily. I still catch myself every once in a while doing it, and have to quickly counteract before it takes over because it quickly turns to overly critical.

Irisiel 04-19-2020 03:15 AM

Re: Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychedelicmind (Post 1039907)
I would say the goal is to find balance within yourself. That and your mind and subconscious(The keys to the 12th)-so I used both to overcome it. Once you achieve this, everything else just became so much simpler to work through. It makes no sense to a lot of people, yet it allowed me a way out from it all.

I don't know how to use my subconscious! My crisis reached rock bottom while grieving my brother's death-- I totally went Moon-square-Pluto and into emotional lockdown, but that was just my usual mode writ large.

So, time to access the right brain again, after a couple decades of denial. Because I'm a writer, and have been an artist, and have hallucination seizures, I can all too easily go down the rabbit hole. But even writing doesn't always put me in touch with my repressed emotion.

Thanks for the encouragement. :smile:


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.