Astrologers' Community

Astrologers' Community (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/index.php)
-   Karmic Astrology (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ways to heal Chiron wounds (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9786)

Looking to Jupiter 06-06-2008 08:29 AM

Re: Ways to heal Chiron wounds

great thread folks....

I have chiron in the 3rd and my trauma is connected to my sisters......I'll never probably get over it, but the one thing that still leaves me from not losing the plot all together, (no, i still have a way to go :p) is that other people have chirons wounds too......

Simple, but its been helpful when I have most needed to feel ok ......

starlink 06-06-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Jeremy

I note Starlink is referring to you here - but, I'd also be interested in that interpretation. Any chance of a copy?

Yes, indeed indeed. Typical Mercury retro again, sorry. I did mean Jeremy of course.

EJ, the consultation went very well indeed. No father who committed suicide though, Jeremy, but a very very strict one who did not tolerate any opposition. The whole house had to behave and do things the way he wanted it and now, she has the same issues with a (much weaker than herself, mind you!!) husband. She feels totally undeserving, always gets critisized (typical of an insecure person), feels like nothing she does is ever done well and never gets any credit for her efforts. She feels no support whatsoever coming from him for her (Saturn in 8, his 2nd house!), and even financially things are critical in his department, strongly influencing her.
Most difficult of course for a Sun in Capricorn in the 5th house and Leo.
Ascendant. Imagine!!
Still, that father issue is so deeply imbedded that she just took it all in, until now...... now that Uranus is conjuncting Chiron/Saturn and opposing Uranus/Pluto in the 2nd! AND she has Neptune conjunct her 7th house cusp, squaring her own Neptune in the 4th. Big changes, big confusion. I stressed the fact that she was much stronger than her husband and just has to do what she all along wanted to do, setting up her own business. She does not work, very surprising, but I guess this father issue + her Moon in 12 have always underminded her selfconfidence. I think she will now finally do something about it.

Nexus, this is totally true:
Quote:

Psychological wounds come not from what happens to us, but from how the event(s) made us feel at the time.'
Other individuals who are less sensitive to certain negative input will probably not feel it as so painful, letting it influence most of their lives. It also very much depends on our individual psychological needs. If , like in my example of that client, she needs actually loads of attention and appreciation for her efforts (Leo Asc., Capi Sun in Leo house) then this denial of her father and now husband, do hurt tremendously.
Should she have been a Virgo Sun with Pisces Asc. and Neptune in the 6th, then doing what others order you to do comes so much easier and will not be felt like an impediment.

EJ:
Quote:

I feel no shame about being manipulated - it comes from allowing that to happen.
Absolutely. It is comparable to rape. There also the victim feels shame because she allowed it to happen, even though under the circumstances she could do absolutely nothing to prevent it.

Thanks for the overview you created EJ. So very much the teacher :)!!
It is a good description of how to approach, not only this Chiron interpretation, but any planets interpretation and especially configurations. They should also be looked at "by themselves".

Cheers, Star.

AnnaViolet7 06-06-2008 09:50 PM

Hi All,

Interesting thread my Chiron I am still trying to suss out it is in Taurus in 7th so think thats about self-worth it is conjunct my Sun also in 7th so I am wondering if that is father issues?

Does everyone have their Chiron square at around 12 years old?

Blessings,

Anna

Jeremy 06-06-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starlink
Typical Mercury retro again, sorry. I did mean Jeremy of course.

How true, the file I wrote for this consultation is corrupt apparently; I emailed my b.i.l to send me back a copy and he cannot find it! :eek: I shouldn't even be surprised. Under the circumstances.

The Chiron square can occur at any time between the ages of 6 and 23 due to the highly elliptical orbit of Chiron; if your Chiron is natally in Pisces or Aries then it is likely to occur nearer the age of 20. Mine occurred age 20, and with my Chiron on the Dsc. my first serious relationship came to an abrupt halt at exactly that time.

Jeremy

EJ53 06-07-2008 04:50 AM

AnnaViolet

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaViolet7
Chiron.....is in Taurus in 7th so think thats about self-worth it is conjunct my Sun also in 7th so I am wondering if that is father issues?.......Does everyone have their Chiron square at around 12 years old?

As you'll know, we can trust neither our software nor the "expert texts" on Chiron yet but :-

Chiron in Taurus creates deep insecurity - a fear of losing what we value. In the 7th house, that might translate as a fear of losing your partner. The Sun conjunction suggests that you and the wound are "inseperable". (I have the conjunction and firmly believe that healing the wound, rather than living with it, would make me less humane.)

My software indicates that your Chiron transit cycle is as follows :-

1. First square - Aug/Sept 92 and (maybe) again in April 93 (retrograde);
2. Opposition - Christmas 97 + May 98 (retro) + Sept 98;
3. 2nd square - Feb 2008
4. Return - Oct 2030?

Jeremy

When are you going to produce some easy-to -use Chiron software that can be relied upon?

(****** Mercury! I was looking forward to reading that interpretation.)

Sven

Quote:

I chose anger instead of feeling the fear.
Well put - it's the assertiveness vs agression/acquiescence expressed fully in eight words!

Perhaps, with Chiron wounds, we choose avoidance instead of feeling the pain.

Starlink

Glad the consultation went well.

Maybe clients will benefit someday from a timed list of Chiron transits to itself and natally aspected planets. These do seem to produce "hits" on significant events - and (probably) safely, because those who are not ready to confront the wound are unlikely to recall the event. (But we need Jeremy's reliable software first).

Quote:

Other individuals who are less sensitive to certain negative input will probably not feel it as so painful, letting it influence most of their lives.
After Flea's comment on the pain of mortality, I'm thinking "letting Chiron influence most of our life" is the major issue. Seems to me now that this may be a "soul-seated wound", with events in this lifetime merely bringing the karmic issue to consciousness for us to address. And, if so, failing to address it presumably results in more karma next time. (Those souls who fail to bring the issue to consciousness being less "accountable" than those who do but fail to confront it.)

Looking to Jupiter

Quote:

I'll never probably get over it
With Chiron though, is our objective to heal/get over it or to learn to live with it? If you did not have this wound, would you be a better/worse person?

(In my case, I think I'm a better person because of the wound - so I'm choosing not to try to heal/get over it.)

EJ:)

Looking to Jupiter 06-07-2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

With Chiron though, is our objective to heal/get over it or to learn to live with it? If you did not have this wound, would you be a better/worse person?

(In my case, I think I'm a better person because of the wound - so I'm choosing not to try to heal/get over it.)
I would not be me without my wound.....I have learnt to live with it I guess, and I guess i am grateful for the perspective it has given me on looking at the world....wouldnt change anything....

starlink 06-07-2008 09:57 AM

Hello everyone! I am having a difficult one coming up on monday. Young man, Sun in Virgo, Asc. Scorpio, Moon in Taurus in the 6th.

He is depressed at the moment (Progr. Moon conj.Progr. Saturn in his Pr. 8th house, but also in his natal 8th house (as he has Saturn there). Even his Solar Return 2008-2009 which is coming up in August, has Moon in Cancer in the 8th but fairly well aspected. Progressed Moon will be at 2°Leo (and dangerously close to the Solar Eclipse point at 9° Leo!).

His Chiron is in Aries in his 5th house and conjunct Jupiter retrograde (3°orb).
This conjunction opposes Uranus in his 11th and squares Saturn in his 8th (Chiron-Saturn exact same degree by the way), but it also trines his Sun/Venus conjunction in the 9th in Virgo.

The conjunction also is the Apex of a YOD with Mercury and the Asc./NNode conjunction. Actually, it is the midpoint of Jupiter and Chiron which is the Apex more exactly. Merc. rules his MC and his 8th house.

Ruler of the Jupiter/Chiron conjunction is Mars, in 7 and opposed to Neptune and square Sun/Venus, trine Pluto.

What do I tell this young man!?

His wound and "shame" is (I think) about his selfexpression (5th house) and self worth (Jupiter rules the 2nd). Transiting Pluto, now hovering around 28° Sag. and 1° Cap. is squaring this pair, and asking to transform his feelings about himself which obviously cause him great difficulty.

His depressed state of mind has made it (up till now) very difficult for him to finish his university studies. He is still at it at 33 years....

But what is the cause of his depressive state of mind? I have a feeling it has to do with his father. There is a T-square between Saturn in 8, square Uranus at 29° Libra and square this Jupiter/Chiron conjunction.

I am afraid he could want to give up on life. Solar Arc Pluto (his ruler) will exactly semi-sextile his Neptune in the 1st house and Neptune rules the house of endings, his 4th. Transiting Uranus is conjunct his 4th house cusp.
In his Solar Return (transiting)Uranus is also in 4 (the SR Ascendant falls exactly on his natal Ascendant, just 24 sec. earlier so what happens in the SR chart, also happens in the exact natal places), opposing his 8th house ruler, and trining his Moon in 8 as well as his Ascendant and squares Pluto, ruler of his Asc. It does look like "the easy way out" to me. I hope I am wrong.

Any ideas on this Chiron set-up? I would be very grateful as I can be biased because I know him. He is the son of my best girlfriend.

Thank you! Starlink

flea 06-07-2008 11:43 AM

I would think jupiter blows the wound out of proportion, so that the impact is seen as far more desctructive than it actually is. Venus in detriment and hidden by the sun could imply a lack of self love. So believing he is worth it. If university studies have gone on this long then there could be lot of sabotage going on. Is this really something that is important or is the situation prolonged because it validates a lack of self worth???

Maybe there was a really strong reaction to something in childhood that was misunderstood and then supressed into the subcon, that resulted in some neg behaviour patterns.

Thoughts that come to mind. Jup retro is a strange one to deal with. The best in life comes from going inside or the opposite way to most other people.

Love Light Flea

Jeremy 06-07-2008 12:03 PM

Star, I am having a little difficulty visualising this pattern but what I get is that Jupiter conjunct always broadens what it contacts, if that is our pain then it could signify an ever-expanding pain or wound; it might even find some philosophical pleasure in feeling depressed (if that makes sense).
What I will say is that Sa/Ur always gives unusual emotional tension and strain, it is the push-pull nature of this pairing that I find often gives a passive-aggressive reaction to life in general, one minute they are irritable, the next fatalistic and hopeless.
Chiron in the 5th might give unusual situations regarding sex, so I would not be surprised if there was something in that. On a less obvious level it would say something concerning the pain of not receiving enough (Jupiter) love and appreciation.

Okay, those are just a few off the cuff thoughts, I would need to see the chart to do better. Hope it goes well.
Jeremy

starlink 06-07-2008 12:44 PM

Thanks a lot Flea and Jeremy!
Quote:

If university studies have gone on this long then there could be lot of sabotage going on. Is this really something that is important or is the situation prolonged because it validates a lack of self worth???

In this family university studies are very important, so I dont think it validates his lack of selfworth so much. I have a feeling that he maybe chose a subject that is really not what he wants, but did anyways, because he was expected to do it, or just to study something !(so often the case).
A lack of self-love, very obvious indeed. Mother is also a bit cool, not very motherly (Libra Sun, Gemini Asc.). Father very weak in my opinion.

That Jupiter broadens and makes things worse is very true of course, I thought of that as well. I could also mean that the hurt is extreme.

Jeremy, unknowingly, you have mentioned something which really makes sense to me with this comment:
Quote:

Chiron in the 5th might give unusual situations regarding sex
. I have been thinking about this but would have great difficulties to comment on this. It is a touchy subject as you well can imagine.

Thanks for your insight, everything helps and different point of views are always very informative.

Cheers, Star.

starlink 06-07-2008 12:54 PM

I come back later, must go now. Probably tonight. Cheers! Star.

flea 06-08-2008 06:59 AM

Hi All,

I think quite a bit about chiron in my chart, as it seems so hard squaring sun and the uranus/pluto conjunction, so I kind of concentrated on that, forgetting the good stuff, which I have been considering recently, as each time I do healing on myself, good things result.

Venus is on my sun/chiron midpoint, and chiron sextiles mars and trines neptune and moon. Mars seems to be a planet that works very well for me, giving the energy and drive to deal with whatever the sunchironpluto T-square throws. Anyway back to the sun/chiron midpoint, my venus is a little detached, but maybe that is a good thing, being able to see the wound clearer. Venus in aquarius likes being different, following an individual path, but also has a connection to the greater good (paradox that one). I use art a lot, always done it, and that is a path I have following to explore my healing energies.

The only personal planet chiron doesn't touch is mercury, but then mercury is at my south node where I feel safe and easy.

My thinking I suppose is the sun chiron midpoint is a way to heal the specific issue of an individual. with Venus in Aquarius there, I personally become more my true self when I am exploring myself through painting and finding my own unique way through life, and often viewing it with disppassion like it is a mental puzzle.

Love Light Flea

Julie 06-08-2008 04:59 PM

The other day my partner met an old friend of his, and they were catching up on what was happening now in their lives. My partner's friend talked about how him and his wife were still struggling to have a baby after 10 years. The couple are going through IVF and have spent so long trying. It did cross my mind that this sort of unfairness in life would be linked to Chiron. Possibly in their composite chart they may have this planet in the 5th/Leo or connected somewhere in their chart strong. As I do think this is the kind of pain that is really unfair, maybe other factors in the chart are involved. I was saying to my partner how it must be heartbreaking for them to hear about all the teenage girls getting pregnant after first time sex, who are not even mature enough or emotionally ready to have a child, and often do not even want the baby.

It is interesting to explore Chiron and people's lives, Clint Eastwood has a 6th house Chiron in Taurus and I have read his dad was constantly looking for work, and there was a major struggle in life to work (6th) for what you have(Taurus) Clint went through many jobs himself quite a long list. Tyra banks has Chiron in Aries in the 10th house. She was the first black woman to be featured on the cover of Victoria secrets catalogue. Chiron is quite difficult in her chart it conjuncts her Arian Moon and squares Saturn. Maybe there is a wound to her identity (Aries) and a feeling of being dominated and suppressed, and how her identity as a female black model fits in society. Being a black model in her day was difficult for her along with the other black models of her time. Although she did become a big success she may always feel the wound of being an outsider on some level. I remember reading the battle she had with Naomi Campbell.

Tyra says,
Quote:

I was tired of having to deal with you… I was tired of the pain; I was tired of the comparison.

Quote:

I was tired of constantly hearing that I got cancelled from this job or that, or hearing that this photographer was called, or that magazine was called and (told) not to use me.

For some reason she was really traumatized by what Naomi Campbell was doing to her.

Brief story below: I personally don't know why it effected her so much, but If it was her Chiron in Aries/Moon/Saturn being triggered than it probably was deeply painful for her. I might check out the mother/Daughter relationship as well, as Chiron is connected to the Moon/Mother in her chart. My little boy has has Chiron exactly on his Moon. I am interested in how other people have experienced this aspect in regard to the mother. Anyway story below, I interrupted with my comments again. Yabba, yabba, yabba.

As people have said on the thread there is no way to heal the wound you may always have pain in this area of life, you may feel like an outsider, may feel you are wounded in some way. But you can have valuable teaching to offer other's.

EJ53 06-11-2008 02:38 PM

Flea

Quote:

Originally Posted by flea
....The only personal planet chiron doesn't touch is mercury, but then mercury is at my south node where I feel safe and easy.

Maybe this indicates that the mind/intellect is not the path to heal the (karmic) Chiron wound.

Quote:

...My thinking I suppose is the sun chiron midpoint is a way to heal the specific issue of an individual.

I have sun conjunct chiron, so both are technically conjunct sun/chiron mid-point - and what you say here seems correct. If sun = self expression, then the mid-point may be where/how we "self-express" (and thereby heal) the wound - with all aspecting planets helping/hindering the process, rather than only conjunctions. And, in my case, the sun conjunct chiron requires me to accept/express that the wound and I are "inseparable".

Quote:

I wonder if chiron's wound is the one of being mortal, all the pain we feel just to experience mortality. Making friends with life and being in the moment, but the pain and shame of the mortal existence, how do you heal that???

According to the myth, Chiron was a "one-off" rather than a centaur - as he was half-horse only because his parents disguised themselves as horses to hide their affair. So, Chiron represents individuality of the highest order - absolutely the only one of his kind! And that's why his mother felt ashamed and hid him from the world. Thus, the shame came from something that happened before he was born (and was not his) - but, the wound was not inflicted until after he had already had a successful and productive life.

So, I'm thinking the "shame" relates to suppression of individuality before we were born (karmic) - and the wound/pain comes with the realisation that we have allowed this to happen again in this lifetime. That may explain why my memories of being manipulated are not painful but realising that I allowed it to happen is.

Julie

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie
It is interesting to explore Chiron and people's lives, Clint Eastwood has a 6th house Chiron in Taurus and I have read his dad was constantly looking for work, and there was a major struggle in life to work (6th) for what you have(Taurus) Clint went through many jobs himself quite a long list.

Clint Eastwood is a good example of your point. As "Rowdy Yates" (Rawhide), he played "himself" - which Frank Sinatra also did in "From Here To Eternity". And both seemed to be more comfortable with "who they were" afterwards - so, maybe "psycho-drama" is also a route to healing the Chiron Wound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie
...I personally don't know why it effected her so much

Perhaps Tyra Banks' Chiron wound is " a deep-seated fear of Naomi Campbell".

Jeremy 06-11-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EJ53
If sun = self expression, then the mid-point may be where/how we "self-express" (and thereby heal) the wound - with all aspecting planets helping/hindering the process, rather than only conjunctions. And, in my case, the sun conjunct chiron requires me to accept/express that the wound and I are "inseparable".

And that self-realisation is possible for you once you have awakened as a healer. I think you may be there already.

On a technical note, I have read a few times that the Saturn Uranus midpoint is the bridge in the personal horoscope that encompasses the rainbow-bridge theme of Chiron, thus progressions and arcs to that point can activate Chiron. for me, Sa/Ur=Mc, although only at close to 4 degrees, but the Sun and Venus cross the midpoint on the 20th and 23rd of this month, so we shall see what happens then.

starlink 06-11-2008 06:10 PM

Hello EJ! I am wondering about this:
Quote:

According to the myth, Chiron was a "one-off" rather than a centaur - as he was half-horse only because his parents disguised themselves as horses to hide their affair. So, Chiron represents individuality of the highest order - absolutely the only one of his kind! And that's why his mother felt ashamed and hid him from the world. Thus, the shame came from something that happened before he was born (and was not his) - but, the wound was not inflicted until after he had already had a successful and productive life.

Now, when you hide someone from the world, then he must have been born already dont you think? She gave birth and oops, she saw that the baby was half horse and only then decided to hide him. So it must have been after he was born, not before. Am I right or wrong in assuming this? And because he was so hidden by his mother, he felt that he was something to be ashamed of, hence this feeling associated with Chiron I suppose.

EJ53 06-11-2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starlink
....Now, when you hide someone from the world, then he must have been born already dont you think? She gave birth and oops, she saw that the baby was half horse and only then decided to hide him. So it must have been after he was born, not before. Am I right or wrong in assuming this? And because he was so hidden by his mother, he felt that he was something to be ashamed of, hence this feeling associated with Chiron I suppose.

Hi Starlink,

The myth says nothing about him feeling shame. He seems to have accepted "who he was" and got on with life - becoming both successful and a teacher, before the wound was inflicted. The pain of the wound then drove him to find a cure, leading to becoming a healer to some and (later) a "compassionate healer" to anyone in need.

But, although his mother felt the shame when he was born, the related event had already taken place. In effect, the damage was done before birth and the shame recorded at the time of birth - in the parent/soul rather than Chiron/the individual. (My view only of course).

Julie 06-12-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

By EJ Perhaps Tyra Banks' Chiron wound is " a deep-seated fear of Naomi Campbell".
Yes Naomi's treatment of her certainly triggered off her Chiron wound to her own identity (and yes a deep seated fear of Naomi spoilt brat Campbell) But all said and done she learned some hard lessons from Naomi a woman who does not bow down to anyone, she calls the shots (Tyra learned some good Aies lessons from Naomi. Naomi herself has Chiron in Aries but Naomi also has Venus/Mars in Gemini square Pluto verbally she can murder you, if Tyra knew astrology she would totally comprehend the woman's personality.

I think as painful as it was to her Tyra now teaches other up and coming models to be strong in their identity and persevere through the hardest and most painful of times, always remembering who you are. Although she was hard on the girl in the clip below, I think she likes tough love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53sOpQQWOOA

Jeremy 06-12-2008 10:51 AM

My wife was in the same class as Naomi at school, she still has a hand-drawn birthday card from her when she was 12.

Looking to Jupiter 06-12-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy
My wife was in the same class as Naomi at school, she still has a hand-drawn birthday card from her when she was 12.

:eek: I bet some people would pay a heap for that....

so was she a good card maker?:D

Jeremy 06-12-2008 11:01 AM

It was Italia Conti, a dance and stage school, apparently Naomi couldn't dance, and was usually given plenty of space on account of flailing elbows. Seems she hasn't changed much :)

AnnaViolet7 06-12-2008 11:25 AM

Hi EJ53,

Hello again thank you for the info ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EJ53
AnnaViolet
As you'll know, we can trust neither our software nor the "expert texts" on Chiron yet but :-

Chiron in Taurus creates deep insecurity - a fear of losing what we value.Yes I do have that fear i mentioned in another thread about my mum leaving...i always thought about it the way round that I am fearful of losing people cos she left but I know someone who worked with an NLP practicioner on their childhood and they worked out that at a very young age they 'decided' that the world was an unsafe place and then went on to create situations which proved this.. In the 7th house, that might translate as a fear of losing your partner.Yep!I wish i wasnt so concerned with having a partner it is such a big focus in my chart. The Sun conjunction suggests that you and the wound are "inseperable". (I have the conjunction and firmly believe that healing the wound, rather than living with it, would make me less humane.)Hmmn that is a very interesting way of looking at it I am trying to get my head around that...One thing that I thought was very odd before I knew much about Astrology/Chiron was that when I lived in a shared house people said i was such a calming person to have around but at the time I was absolutly dying inside I was anxious and depressed...this is a pattern I have of being able to help others to feel balanced but not often being able to do the same for myself and later when I read about Chiron I realised how Chironic it is...
The first intuitive reading I had said this 'You are a healer but need to focus on self-healing ; some healers forget to start with themselves first'..
My software indicates that your Chiron transit cycle is as follows :-

1. First square - Aug/Sept 92 and (maybe) again in April 93 (retrograde);
2. Opposition - Christmas 97 + May 98 (retro) + Sept 98;
3. 2nd square - Feb 2008
4. Return - Oct 2030?

1. Had not long started secondary school was having a very difficult time at home and was acting out at school being totally wild cos it was the only place to let out my feelings...I was on report and got given detentions almost every day which I used to throw away and then be really fearful my father would find out.This is also around the time that my mum and my step dad who ended up being a true Dad to me said that we could come and live with them...
2. well October 97 I was a messed up teenager I felt so alone and depressed and that no one was there for me and I took an overdose my parents(mum and step dad) were so shocked and upset but also made me feel so guilty about it but one good thing about it was that my mum took me to a homeopath who really helped she gave me this remedy called homeopathic gold which is for when all of the light has gone out of your life which is truly how I felt...anyway I got on well with my step brother and my mum asked him to look after me and help me feel better he was 27 I was 15 but I got drunk with him and we ended up kissing and I ended up in an absusive thing with him for quite a few months..Also had another guy who was a 'friend' of the famiily take advantage of me aswell...I just couldnt say no to anyone..My step brother was also manipulating me to make things worse between me and my parents as he was bitter that his parents had split up. Then my parents threw me out when I was 16...One of the worst times ever...
3.Extreme depression and realising how much I still need to heal from childhood.

Looking to Jupiter

I find your insights on Chiron really interesting food for thought...In what way are you consciously choosing not to heal?I would be really interested to hear more...

Thank you,

Anna

Otay 06-12-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsquare
the thing that bothers me about chiron is that, NOBODY, can help others in an area that they canot help themselves in....it is a bit like learning from a failure...what good does it do? THere is the old saying, those that teach can't do...that isn't always true, yet it seems the true experts would rather be doing then teaching unless they feel a real need to spread information and knowledge for the pure sake of the subject matter, to make a difference....

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsquare

It seems to be similar to an unconfronted personal aspect of life, in which one seeks to escape the wound and having experienced it, while extroverting it on those that have a similar, even if they may have similar, "saving" them from the trouble that "they" have had, when it is really the trouble one has had theirself.
With chiron it seems that helping others is an escape from dealing with personal issues, that were painfull enough to throw one out of ones own identity and path......

Trouble is, the word heal, it means finished, done, for eternity, cleared up.....
Tsquare

Ya' know, these are excellent points to re-frame in terms of perspective and what healing/teaching means. Erase the word "expectation" of the natal Chiron being "healed".
If you have firsthand experience of what happened to you when you took the wrong antibiotic and have permanent damage to your immune system, you could warn someone else and prevent them from being harmed by what wounded you.

I think Chiron is related to "knowledge sharing" plain and simple. The myth says Chiron "mentored orphans". (Who is not orphaned in this world, who is not alone in their perceptions, this is a natural human condition of becoming an individual).
If you were caught alone in the wilderness (and this world is a wilderness without a doubt) you discovered ways of protecting yourself and staying warm or splicing branches to make a shelter and can share that knowledge so another can benefit........

Which brings us to Darwin's Theory. That's what I think Chiron is for. No need always to dive into a deep bucket of unknowables.:D

Otay 06-12-2008 01:35 PM

Oh, a few more thots on Chiron.
Most people with chiron conjunct their suns are born teachers, some formal, some not. Chiron was a mentor. Learn one, teach one.
Chiron was above it all, non-mortal....which is a way of saying "something which is unmanifested and unborn" until it finds expression in the moment usually with a shock, and shocks are related to the real world and has no reference point because this moment of discovery is fresh (most times where one has to think fast to survive).
It has nothing really to do with our parents, I think. Chiron was not related by blood to his students.

Chiron does throw us into a state of emergency and learning "on the spot"
and is related to surviving, adding something to our genetic line that hasn't been done before (a constant Darwinian thing) and doesn't allow us to rest until it's over. Chiron takes us up in the air with our legs kicking and doesn't set us down until it's over.

Of course, Chiron also has to do with physical vulnerabilities which can be quite literal, ie., chiron is aries can give 'ya big fat migraines (but usually I've noticed needs mars/saturn aspects literally).

I met my teacher, who now lives in the marrow of my bones when Chiron went over my sun (my life was so in-the-moment and groundless, very painful I was so lost yet open and endlessly inquisitive and curious). But there were other transits accompanying it too. Saturn conjunct NN in gemini and jupiter and neptune transiting the SN in saj.
To this day I can't nail the experience into any category or say he gave me special attention because I was "spiritually high" or because I was one of the most "hopeless" and impossible to deal with.

Chiron in my chart is in early Scorpio. I was never sexually abused. But I did pick up my first psychology book at the age of 13 at the chiron opposition. The psychological abuse in my family was stellar in magnitude. But I was equipped enough to know these views of reality which I was taught couldn't possibly be right or real. This led to voracious curiosity and reading every philosopher I could find, every classic, every psychological school of thought including Piaget.
It was banging into negative signposts that led me there, pure pain and desperation, a lot of sadness and sheer aloneness that fueled that fire to know "what is real".:confused:

starlink 06-12-2008 02:35 PM

Hi Otay, you wrote:

Quote:

Chiron in my chart is in early Scorpio. I was never sexually abused.
Do you feel this is one of the interpretations of a Chiron in Scorpio? Mine is at 4° Scorpio, in the 12th (of all places!!!) and square Saturn. Also Moon in 12 .This to me would be a big indication, but frankly I cannot remember anything from my childhood. I always suspected there was something, with my T-square of Pluto with Sun and Moon, but it could also be the realisation that the marriage of my parents was problematical (they never divorced, my father was adoring my mother. She was the problematical one).
And frankly,I adored him, so maybe he took disadvantage of that and I did not realize what was going on.As far as I know I had a wonderful childhood, apart from being pestered by children in school. But that also changed when I was about 16-17 and was chosen to take up a function in our school students society. From that moment on I was always liked and never ever had any trouble with others.

Strangely enough, when my father died, I felt nothing. I looked at him how he lay in his coffin and just said: "look at his beautiful piano hands". He was a great pianist. But I was not sad at all and I still dont understand anything about my totally untypical behavior. Would that have anything to do with my Chiron position?, having learned to cover up beautifully my pain and loneliness? I still do feel lonely in a crowd, it's like I cannot really connect, even though I might be the life of the party, or so it seems. I constantly analyze people's behavior, wonder why they do this or that. That's why psychology and psychological astrology fascinates me.

Starlink