Astrologers' Community

Astrologers' Community (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hot topic arena (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   List of Erroneous, Illogical and Fictitious Systems in Astrology (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125407)

david starling 05-28-2019 03:45 AM

Re: List of Erroneous, Illogical and Fictitious Systems in Astrology

Sun-sign astrology would suffice if the Sun were accorded its due regarding physical properties. ALL the lights rely on Sunlight, and the Sun is the source of both direct and reflected heat.

petosiris 05-28-2019 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 974599)
Sun-sign astrology would suffice if the Sun were accorded its due regarding physical properties. ALL the lights rely on Sunlight, and the Sun is the source of both direct and reflected heat.

Sun together with the ambient, is always in some way affecting everything on the earth, not only by the changes that accompany the seasons of the year to bring about the generation of animals, the productiveness of plants, the flowing of rivers, the change of bodies, but also daily furnishing heat, moisture, dryness and cold in regular order and in correspondence with its position relative to the zenith.

Moon, too, as the heavenly body nearest to the earth, bestows its effluence most abundantly upon mundane things, for most of them, animate or inanimate, are sympathetic with it, and change in company with it, the rivers increase and diminish their streams with its light, the seas turn their own tides with its rising and setting, and plants and animals in whole or in some part increase or decrease with it.

The ambient and the other five wandering stars often cause hot, windy and snowy conditions of the air, and mundane matters are affected accordingly. All aspects bring about many complicated changes, for though the power of the Sun prevails in the general ordering of the quality, the other heavenly bodies cooperate or deter in particular details. - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...d.php?t=126640

petosiris 05-28-2019 03:52 AM

Though yes, the powers of the planets are changed in their phases to the Sun, just like seasons, see chapter 6 - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...d.php?t=126640

petosiris 05-28-2019 04:08 AM

The Sun is the easiest way to convince someone of the power of prognostication by astronomy. It shows by itself the power of the tropical zodiac and the four angles by its annual and daily revolution.

petosiris 05-28-2019 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 974599)

No one denies that it practically predominates temperature and moisture to an extraordinary extent, it is just that the very minor particular details through the other planets, particularly of the Moon, cause many variations in the qualities at the exact time of the nativity (but not generally around it because of the constant change) - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...2&postcount=66

Opal 05-28-2019 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974592)
If we discover new fundamentals that work beyond any certain doubt, they would have to be incorporated into a framework. But if we happen to lack even a plausible account of certain opinions (most often involving lots, numbers and sorceries), I think it's best to dismiss them in favour of primary natural causes.

Without an open mind, you will never discover new fundamentals that work beyond any certain doubt. As fixed stars are studied correlations are made, but cannot be proven beyond certain doubt without years of studying by progressive minds.

What do you mean by lots? Numbers are older than the attributed time of Pythagoras.....they have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.....
Sorcery.....are you meaning witchcraft? Alchemy? Hermetics? Sorcery has been a word used for that which the ignorant do not understand.......

For example, it might very well be true that the Sun rules a wintry sign in the Southern Hemisphere, but that is very unlikely given its so ridiculously obvious nature of heat and dryness. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

If it looks like a planet and it orbits like a planet and gives the resonance of a planet, then it is probably a planet......

petosiris 05-28-2019 05:22 AM

I don't think you get what I am talking about........

Opal 05-28-2019 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 974536)
Here's a made up word the OP might find amusing:
"Astrillogical", as in "astrillogical thinking". :biggrin:

hehehe.......an apt word of description for my natal chart.....:smile:

Opal 05-28-2019 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974610)
I don't think you get what I am talking about........

What do you think I am misunderstanding?

petosiris 05-28-2019 05:28 AM

You are too closed minded to understand the fundamentals.

Opal 05-28-2019 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974613)
You are too closed minded to understand the fundamentals.

:lol::lol::lol: As you wish......first time I have been called that.....thanks!

petosiris 05-28-2019 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opal (Post 974616)
:lol::lol::lol: As you wish......first time I have been called that.....thanks!

See, you can always call people names when you don't have arguments.

petosiris 05-28-2019 05:57 AM

Inquisitive minds differentiate and reject. One needs the moderate dryness of Saturn and Mercury to cut through bs.

david starling 05-28-2019 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974569)
It's just dumb. :cool:

What's dumb? Ignoring the Ages? I wouldn't call it dumb, just too immersed in the Age to recognize it.

Opal 05-28-2019 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974618)
Inquisitive minds differentiate and reject. One needs the moderate dryness of Saturn and Mercury to cut through bs.

Well that is more literate than your last response. I only have Saturn in Capricorn.......and in all fairness I have Mercury in Libra......cutting through bs is something that we all have to choose for ourselves......no one can make that choice for others

Opal 05-28-2019 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 974622)
What's dumb? Ignoring the Ages? I wouldn't call it dumb, just too immersed in the Age to recognize it.

Ignoring the ages, is like ignoring the most important part of astrology, they arethe time keepers......they are the keeper of the pole stars.....of the regeneration of our planet........we are just the watchers, in this time frame, we are too uneducated to even tell time......we canít prove beyond a shadow of doubt, what the ancients knew in their ignorance......

This is meant to be an agreement with you.....

Opal 05-28-2019 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974617)
See, you can always call people names when you don't have arguments.

I didnít call you any names......

david starling 05-28-2019 07:48 AM

i.q.-------------------------/-\----------------------e.q.

petosiris 05-28-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opal (Post 974624)
Well that is more literate than your last response. I only have Saturn in Capricorn.......and in all fairness I have Mercury in Libra......cutting through bs is something that we all have to choose for ourselves......no one can make that choice for others

I am here to help them.

petosiris 05-28-2019 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 974622)

It is based on fiction, and offers nothing useful. On the contrary, it brainwashes the mind in readiness for the coming of the Antichrist.

david starling 05-28-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974639)
It is based on fiction, and offers nothing useful. On the contrary, it brainwashes the mind in readiness for the coming of the Antichrist.

Try explaining the astrological connection to the rise of the use of explosives, the capitalistic economic system, the industrial revolution, electronic technology, corporations, world wide communications, Modern science, et al, without accepting the concept of Ages. Also, try explaining the astrological connection regarding the separation between Traditional and Modern astrology in the 18th Century A.D. without the Ages factor.

petosiris 05-28-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 974640)
Try explaining the astrological connection to the rise of the use of explosives, the capitalistic economic system, the industrial revolution, electronic technology, corporations, world wide communications, Modern science, et al, without accepting the concept of Ages.

Ok, let me explain astrology once more.

The planets do not emanate and form embryos, fetuses, humans, metals and machines, they only change the degree of particular temperaments, like say personality and intelligence, or the weather. Natural astrology deals with universals.

Therefore, even though Western Europe might have had eclipses and syzygies predominated by Jupiter and Venus that would cause favourable, healthy and windy air, or predominated by Mercury for social and scientific changes, it is much more likely that the progress of humanity is mostly due to natural selection and the course of history, rather than any particular astrological factor, even though the individual life and the collective may be dependent upon them. Then such sublunar particulars quickly spread out to other countries, one would be ridiculous to think that all countries have this indicated to them by some particular astrological factor one by one.

Quote:

Also, try explaining the astrological connection regarding the separation between Traditional and Modern astrology in the 18th Century A.D. without the Ages factor.
There is no traditional or modern astrology. You might notice that the OP contains abundance of both. There is astrology and there is something that only looks like astrology.

SunConjunctUranus 05-28-2019 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974639)

Excuse me people, I just want to droping unbearable laught to "Ages" as fictitous. Haha! :lol:

david starling 05-28-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974641)
Ok, let me explain astrology once more.

The planets do not emanate and form embryos, fetuses, humans, metals and machines, they only change the degree of particular temperaments, like say personality and intelligence, or the weather. Natural astrology deals with universals.

Therefore, even though Western Europe might have had eclipses and syzygies predominated by Jupiter and Venus that would cause favourable, healthy and windy air, or predominated by Mercury for social and scientific changes, it is much more likely that the progress of humanity is mostly due to natural selection and the course of history, rather than any particular astrological factor, even though the individual life and the collective may be dependent upon them. Then such sublunar particulars quickly spread out to other countries, one would be ridiculous to think that all countries have this indicated to them by some particular astrological factor one by one.

There is no traditional or modern astrology. You might notice that the OP contains abundance of both. There is astrology and there is something that only looks like astrology.

Modern astrology is based on Traditional, but introduces non-Traditional Planets and practices. So, the OP is a materialistically inclined Modern astrologer. Nothing wrong with that. :biggrin:
And, just ignore the overwhelming empirical evidence for astrological Ages if they make you uncomfortable.

petosiris 05-28-2019 09:07 AM

Most events draw upon causes from the unvarying and certain science, though this can ''cause much difficulty for those who believe that in such cases everything can be understood, even things not wholly within its jurisdiction, from the motion of the heavenly bodies alone'' (Ptolemy). Some things are not within the jurisdiction of astronomy, like capitalism. The astrologer of course should take it into consideration, along with other wholly sublunar causes, but at this point he is complementing his astrological prognostication with philosophy, which is the most complex and difficult task, since these causes are not present in the heavens, though they may cooperate with the ambient.