Astrologers' Community

Astrologers' Community (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hot topic arena (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   List of Erroneous, Illogical and Fictitious Systems in Astrology (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125407)

david starling 06-02-2019 09:58 AM

Re: List of Erroneous, Illogical and Fictitious Systems in Astrology

ptolemy, were the ancient astrologers aware that Earth has a point of Perihelion?

petosiris 06-02-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 975718)
ptolemy, were the ancient astrologers aware that Earth has a point of Perihelion?

Not an encyclopedia.

petosiris 06-02-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 975716)
Siderally, the V.P.
Tropically, the Point of Earth's Perihelion.

Who cares, and why should one care :unsure:

david starling 06-02-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 975720)
Who cares, and why should one care :unsure:

It's possible they did recognize its importance, but neglected to add it to the zodiacal indicators.

petosiris 06-02-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 975722)
It's possible they did recognize its importance, but neglected to add it to the zodiacal indicators.

Everything is possible, the extreme stupidity and/or trolling of some people as well.

david starling 06-02-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 975723)
Everything is possible, the extreme stupidity and/or trolling of some people as well.

It's a trolling thread! :lol:

david starling 06-02-2019 10:22 AM

Dismissing the techniques used by other astrologers as being wrong by logic brings your own logic into question.

Opal 06-02-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 975723)

You have made yourself clear, we both, David and I have discussed this in other threads......on precession.......and we have vast differences, me following the thoughts of Burgoyne and the age of Aquarius, David talking of the possibility of Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces.........and I will leave you now as you perceive me as a troll......to discuss what you see as erroneous, illogical and fictitious.......

petosiris 06-02-2019 10:28 AM

I didn't see any sensible argument so far. So please leave the materialistic non-believer be.

petosiris 06-02-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 975724)
It's a trolling thread! :lol:

No, it is serious.

petosiris 06-02-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opal (Post 975726)
You have made yourself clear, we both, David and I have discussed this in other threads......on precession.......and we have vast differences, me following the thoughts of Burgoyne and the age of Aquarius, David talking of the possibility of Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces.........and I will leave you now as you perceive me as a troll......to discuss what you see as erroneous, illogical and fictitious.......

Opal, is English your first language?

david starling 06-02-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opal (Post 975726)

It's the Hot Topic board! By the way, Burgoyne appears to have preceded the concept of an "Age of Aquarius". If it's been reported that he originated it, history doesn't record it. Possibly, like all the wrongly attributed quotes, someone put words in his name that they wrote themselves.

petosiris 06-02-2019 10:33 AM

''The Age of Aquarius passed away yesterday.'' - Claudius Ptolemy (c. 2nd century)

david starling 06-02-2019 10:37 AM

"The tropical Age of Capricorn will transition into Aquarius, just as my own tropical Age of Sagittarius will become that of Capricorn." -Aristotle, (c. 4th Century B.C.E.)

petosiris 06-02-2019 10:39 AM

''Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the Age of Aquarius is within you.''

david starling 06-02-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 975733)
''Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the Age of Aquarius is within you.''

It will be in everyone's Chart. Not yet though, the tropical Age Indicator is still nearing the end of Capricorn.

david starling 06-02-2019 11:06 AM

The tropical Ages are mundane in nature. The sidereal Ages were originally inspired by Christian religious prophecy, but Jung took a psychological, secular approach towards them.

david starling 06-02-2019 11:09 AM

Okay, enough about Ages on this thread! :smile:

petosiris 06-02-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 975739)
The tropical Ages are mundane in nature. The sidereal Ages were originally inspired by Christian religious prophecy, but Jung took a psychological, secular approach towards them.

Christianity prophesies persecution and an Antichrist before Messianism.

david starling 06-02-2019 12:07 PM

Astrology uses Greco-Roman deities, and was denounced by the Roman Catholic Church.

petosiris 06-02-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974639)
It is based on fiction, and offers nothing useful. On the contrary, it brainwashes the mind in readiness for the coming of the Antichrist.

Take that nonbelievers. :wink:

david starling 06-02-2019 12:11 PM

Tropical astrology is more secular than sidereal astrology.
Although, sidereal can be secular as well.

petosiris 06-02-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 975746)
Tropical astrology is more secular than sidereal astrology.

All astrology is fringe in the West.

david starling 06-02-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 975747)
All astrology is fringe in the West.

No support from Western religion and denigration by the Western religion-substitute, Modern-science, has put astrology in the West in the fringe category. Still very popular though.

JUPITERASC 06-02-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 975013)

That was an ancient Roman addition to the Latin calendar-week.
Nothing to do with the Hebrew Sabbath-day.
The exact opposite, really.

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...9936#post29936

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monk (Post 29936)
Hi Everyone,
Before i go further i must state that i am a moderate Christian, and obviously not saying that electional astrology happened during the change over from the Julian to the Gregorian Calendars, it could have just as easily happened by the will of the Cosmos, yet both arguments need easy discussion.
Later we can debate the Council of Nicea, that started on Thursday 20th May 325 AD, that set in stone the equinox's, and Easter, but for the moment i want to look in detail when Pope Gregory XIII closed the Julian Calendar.
In the early years of the 14th Century large clock towers appeared in several Italian cities, another advance in timekeeping was the spring powered clock, that was invented between 1500 and 1510, by Peter Henlein of Nuremberg, replacing the heavy drive weights permitting smaller and more portable clocks....These advances in design were precursors to truly accurate time.
This means wealthy individuals carried smaller clocks with them, and by 1582 some clocks also displayed even "seconds".
Now when Sosigenes closed the Great Egyptian Calendar in Thebes/Luxor we know that he would have used Sunset.....but by 1582 there is evidence that wealthy individuals may have thought as we do now....which is the "end of the day happens at midnight".

Pope Gregory changed over from the Julian to the Gregorian between the 4th Oct to 15th Oct. 1582, so the last minute of the Julian Calendar could have been 23:59pm on 4th Oct. 1582...the Sun is near the I.C. obviously, and amazingly Sirius is in paran with the Asc. just like Sunset at Thebes on 31st Dec. 0047 BC....could this be a closing ceremony for the Julian Calendar?
I have put parans on attachment for 23:59pm 4th Oct. 1582, for Rome Italy.
Now by 1582, projected fixed stars were used far more than parans, perhaps an astrologer would like to set up a chart for 1st Jan. 1583, at time 00:00am., which is the first New Year in the Gregorian Calendar, and tell me what star is conjunct the M.C. by projected, orb 00*47', that is continually on the M.C. at the stroke of New Year till 1703, after which it begins to fade only being on the M.C. for two out of four new years....it eventually peters out on 1781 where it is 01*00' degrees off the M.C......i think you will guess which star it is!
I will continue with this later, Monk.