Schizophrenia between the Sun, Moon, and Mars

soratothamax

http://astrodynamics.net/blog/2011/02/04/astrology-and-schizophrenia/

This is a very interesting article. The thing that stuck out in my mind, and I'm sure it's one of the main point of the article, is the fact that the "introverted" or inward Sun and Moon matched with an assertive Mars tend to cause this mental illness. I mean I know that anyone is likely to have mental illnesses, but the reason I can totally relate to this article is because my father had the same kind of chart and he was schizophrenic! They said that they tried to check different difficult aspects, but it failed. But this wasn't just in relation to the mental illness, but the fact that this placement tends to feel split and tends to have pent up aggression.

My father had Sun in Taurus Moon in Virgo Mercury in Gemini Venus in Aries and Leo in Mars. He met with the same end that Jared Loughner, the study. He committed suicide just like Jared. And one of my best friends have said that she felt a little "out of place" or always felt a little confused about her identity growing up (of whether she was one of the guys or one of the girls, even though she's in her 80s. Sun in Taurus Moon in Cancer Mercury in Gemini Venus in Aries Mars in Gemini.

Anyone know anyone with this kind of placement that also might feel a bit odd at times or "split"?

Last edited:

PaxMercurius

My experience with clients has been that there is often a strong Water-Fire element at play, usually with both planets and signs involved. One of the most aggressive and delusional clients I ever worked with had a classic configuration: Mars in Pisces, an unaspected Sun in Aries, Moon in Gemini sq. Mars. In other words, the core purpose was frustrated (in the 2nd house of self-worth), the emotions desired play and social expression, but were constantly frustrated by a volatile, hyper-sensative Mars placement. The result was a repeated breakdown of their personality as they crashed into themselves, over and over again.

Mars is not a force of unity - its energy is an expulsive, explosive thing, which can be manipulated insofar as you can kind of point it in the right direction and hope it hits the right target. In hard aspect and poorly dignified... yeah. You can imagine the results.