I have a Boomerang Yod in my natal chart

helike13

Hello!

I have a Boomerang yod aspect in my natal chart. That means I have a natal planet (Uranus) between the two sextile planets opposition to the apex planet.

babd0014b8763bf88ca4232eadbf2b36.png

Actually there are many contradictory information about yod aspects on the internet. Some says it needs conscious adjustments to take advantage of this aspect. Some says it's fated and just wait for the activation and activation will occur when a slow moving planet semisextiles the two sextile planets by transit. But I have a natal planet there. Some says one should rather look at the secondary progression instead of transit. Some says look for transits and/or secondary progressions on the apex planet.

I have Sun-Venus conjunction at the fulcrum. Do they count as one energy?

As I research and read about the topic that the apex planet is the key. So changes regarding the apex planet will "enhance" the two sextile planets. But how about the house placements? Are they skills that will be mastered?

How does the semisextile planet (Uranus) join the party? What's its role?

Can you help me to interpret my Yod?

waybread

I think the sun as your yod's apex planet, and involved in the opposition with Uranus is under tremendous evolutionary pressure. Possibly just to sustain a strong sense of self.

Oftentimes a planetary placement makes sense in the child's life from the beginning. But at other times, it either seems latent; or more likely there is a disempowering manifestation.. Then it makes sense to consider some type of transit or progression either activating it, or activating a more empowering expression.

But if you think about it, all of our planets get bombarded by transits. The moon spins around the chart once per month; the sun, Mercury, and Venus once per year. Mars circles the chart every two years, Jupiter every 12 years. Anyone who has reached the age of 30 has had a Saturn return.

Rather, with the yod made up of two quincunxes, I think there is a fare bit of indecision built into the yod. A quincunx lacks the easy flow of the trine or the toughness of the opposition. It seems to be bothersome, but not so strongly that the person needs to DO SOMETHING about it.

Then with your retrograde Mars-Saturn in the mix, you are probably very hard on yourself. Just when you think you know who you are, Uranus pulls the rug out from under your sun.

But I think all of these are pointing to your need to strengthen your sense of self (sun.) Who are you, really?

Venus and your sun operate like best friends. Deep down, you probably have a very affectionate nature, and people find you attractive even if you don't feel this way about yourself.

Apart from the yod, you actually have a big stellium involving your north node and Chiron as well. Chiron reinforces the likelihood of self-esteem issues; while the NN says, "Here is where your growth lies."

With your sun in the 12th house, you may never find out who you are, really. But as the saying goes, "Life is a journey, not a destination." Your growth comes from starting the quest.

Cecile

What has gone unnoticed is the formation of a Mystic Rectangle in your chart. A sextile with the Moon can have an orb of 12 degrees. The Sextile formed by your Moon and Mercury has a 7 degree orb; therefore a sextile exists. An orb of 7 to 8 degrees is normally accepted for a Trine. In your case I believe Jupiter and Mercury form a Trine with an orb of 9 degrees to complete the Mystic Rectangle especially since every other indicator of a Mystic Rectangle is present - diagonal oppositions, sextiles, and a Trine.
A Mystic Rectangle is very self contained. The diagonal oppositions offer challenges to the otherwise pleasant environment of a Mystic Rectangle. Slicing through the middle of your Mystic Rectangle is the opposition of Uranus to Conjunct Sun-Venus to form a Boomerang. Regarding the Yod, some consider the yod as two quincuxes back to back, two pairs of planets requiring adjustments. I strongly disagree. I have several Yods forming with Sun, Moon, Jupiter and North Node. My perception is that Yods have “fixed instability.” The term ‘fixed instability’ is an oxymoron, and the term ‘oxymoron’ pretty much sums up the nature of the Yod. There’s no logical solution on the earth plain to the fixed instability of a Yod, but on a higher plane there is resolution. For this reason, in my opinion, the Yod is called the Hand of God. Some call it the Finger of God, but either way, there exists the potential if not a desire to seek the divine and the belief in divine intervention. Another way of thinking of the Yod is that half the Yod resides in one dimension and the other half in another.

The transit of a planet to the midpoint of the sextile at the base of the Yod can deprive one of the energies of the apex planets. The conjunction by a transiting outer planet to the apex kicks off a new chapter in one's life, usually subtly but sometimes dramatically when the transiting planet is Uranus. The approaching sextile by a transiting planet to the apex can have the same effect. Uranus can be a real kicker. Apparently this is the story of your life with Uranus as the Boomerang planet. I can’t even begin to imagine what sort of things Uranus has introduced in your life. The nature of Uranus is like a boomerang - surprising, unique. Regarding base planets, I think they infuse the apex planets with energy not vice versa, but I suppose it depends on the base planets. I can see that maybe the outer planets at the base infuse the apex planets while inner planets at the base might be acted upon by the apex planets. If so, then with Mars, lower octave of Uranus, as one of your base planets it may be acted upon, but I can’t put much credence in this at the present. Uranus as a boomerang planet may detract from the Yod, as oppositions are major aspects and quincuxes are minor aspects. If not for the oppositions inherent in the Mystic Rectangle you could probably live in your own little world and never come out. Uranus is a wild card. I’m going way out on a limb here in my thinking that perhaps the base planets funnel energy into the Yod’s apex planets where it gets transformed then transitioning into the Sun-Venus to Uranus opposition. That would give added importance to Uranus, it’s placement in the 6th House and being ruled by Sagittarius. Combine that with apex planets Sun and Venus in Gemini in the 12th House ruled by Mercury in Taurus in your 11th House it would seem you conduct covert activities that affect society in some way. Add technology of Uranus to the equation and I come up with a social media guru - lol.
BTW, I noticed you have 6 planets in retrograde. Someone posted recently a question about having 7 retrograde planets. You might read over the responses if interested. Someone else recently posted a similar question to yours about Yods with a chart similar to yours.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

waybread

Cecile, Good calls on Helike's chart.

I would add, that different astrologers use different orb widths. I tend not to use wide orbs, because I sometimes work with harmonics and so-called minor aspects. These tend to bump into one another when too-wide orbs are used. I use 10 degrees for the sun and moon, 5-7 degrees for the other planets.

For a yod or other planetary pattern (such as a T-square, Thor's Hammer, grand trine, &c, &c) to be valid, I require all of the points to have actual planets in them. The sensitive points like chart angles, lunar nodes, the part of fortune, &c cast no orb on their own. With asteroids I use only the tight planet-asteroid conjunction Otherwise there's a danger of making a chart mean nearly anything we want.

I've not seen the mystic rectangle mean very much apart from the aspects of the planets involved, but then I probably miss a lot.

"Yod" is the Hebrew word for hand, in the sense of a hand pointing at something, and is also a letter of the Hebrew alphabet.

If we think about it, each planetary pair has a near midpoint (Uranus in this chart) but also a far midpoint (occupied by the sun in this chart.) This is what binds the two sextiling planets together in a yod: there is a planet sitting on their far midpoint. The "boomerang" with a planet on the near midpoint, opposing the apex planet, actually gives more tension to the yod because of the opposition. Put differently, it will have more pressure on it to manifest.

I've also never gotten the value of some modern astrologers' deciding, some decades ago, that the modern outer planets function as a "higher octave" of a personal planet. I think they did this in the 1970s or earlier when they were still trying to figure out how a "generational" planet might work in a horoscope.

The modern outers have huge meanings unrelated to their supposed inner planet, however. Ideally Uranus is the great liberator, the source of novelty in our lives.

The outer planets are retrograde much of the time. They're very common.

Mars retrograde: one's natural aggression is turned inward. These people tend to be very hard on themselves.

Jupiter retrograde: These people do have a sense of humour, but often come across as very serious, without a relaxed sense of spontaneity.

Saturn retrograde is the inner critic, here exacerbated by the conjunction with Mars retrograde opposite Mercury.

One big item in this chart is that big domiciled Cancer moon conjunct the ascendant. While this can mean "wearing your heart on your sleeve,"my sense is that Helike has a huge amount of compassion.

katydid

The Yod Book: Including a Complete Discussion of Unaspected Planets Paperback – November 4, 2011
by Karen Hamaker-Zondag (Author)

A yod is formed when two planets that are sextile also form an inconjunct to another planet. These planets are in different signs and modes and are deeply significant, for they usually symbolize patterns in families that have lasted for generations. This is what Hamaker-Zondag discovered when she started to research the inconjunct aspect as it related to a yod. Also included in this book is a complete discussion of how the energies of unaspected planets, and planets in duet (that only aspect each other) are expressed in a person's birth chart. Hamaker-Zondag says that people with a yod are often insecure, or have trouble expressing themselves, and there is an emphasis on stalemates or unusual situations. She analyzes the background and places it in a broader perspective, including how she works with elements, modes, orbs, and other astrological factors when interpreting this aspect. All in all, this is one of the most exciting books on aspect interpretation published in recent years!

Included are great case histories: you have a chance to examine the Monica Lewinsky, Linda Tripp, Kenneth Starr, Bill Clinton scenario and see it with new eyes. And Princess Diana, Prince Charles, and Prince William are not without these family patterns. The stories are profound. These aspects work in the lives of people who change the world, people who have lived the unpopular position of stalemate, delay, and social change indicated by the presence of a yod in their natal chart, by transit, or by progression. She uses the examples of Gandhi, Vaclav Havel, Khomeini, Solzhenitsyn, Willy Brandt, C. G. Jung, Jim Jones, and others. To help you work with your own clients, Hamaker-Zondag brings in the charts of her personal clients and explains them in depth.

When you've read this book, you'll want to check out the charts of everyone you know!

helike13

Thanks for the replies.

Venus and your sun operate like best friends. Deep down, you probably have a very affectionate nature, and people find you attractive even if you don't feel this way about yourself.

Yes, actually I think people don't find me attractive or appealing. That's why I have had problems with the opposite sex throughout my entire life.

I can’t even begin to imagine what sort of things Uranus has introduced in your life.

I'm a European guy ended up as a street food vendor in Asia.

I was born and raised up here:

https://youtu.be/Od_qXnLvPFY

....and ended up in a small isolated village in Malaysia. But I feel like I don't want to go back to my hometown ever.

I’m going way out on a limb here in my thinking that perhaps the base planets funnel energy into the Yod’s apex planets where it gets transformed then transitioning into the Sun-Venus to Uranus opposition. That would give added importance to Uranus, it’s placement in the 6th House and being ruled by Sagittarius.

I agree. My 5th house isn't really functional. Especially the 'romance, love, sex' aspect of it.

BTW, I noticed you have 6 planets in retrograde. Someone posted recently a question about having 7 retrograde planets. You might read over the responses if interested. Someone else recently posted a similar question to yours about Yods with a chart similar to yours.

The retrogrades....

What if a retrograde planet turns direct in the progressed chart? How to interpret it? I have my Mars turned direct. And my Pluto will turn direct in a few years and my Saturn in a decade.

I come up with a social media guru - lol.

Especially on YouTube with Pisces MC and Neptune in 6th (videography/vlog).

I have ambitions like this in the future but my life has ended up at a stalemate.

BTW, Does 12th house Sun indicate fame?

@katydid: Thanks for the recommendation.

waybread

The 12th house sun does not indicate fame. Theoretically fame (or its lack) relates to the MC and 10th house. But if you look at the charts of famous people, it's hard to find a characteristic signature in their horoscopes.

LiberatedLotus

But if you look at the charts of famous people, it's hard to find a characteristic signature in their horoscopes.

Waybread, do you have any theories as to why this may be the case? Fradulent documentation, illegitimacy of the industries/individuals involved with them, occulted aspects that are not factored in, etc.

I have often wondered how astrologers view these overlays within the construct. If an object being observed, "fame" for example, is not accurately described nor understood - it exists within a deceptive framework, how can one observe it?

Last edited:

helike13

The 12th house sun does not indicate fame. Theoretically fame (or its lack) relates to the MC and 10th house. But if you look at the charts of famous people, it's hard to find a characteristic signature in their horoscopes.

I have Black Moon Lilith conjuncts MC in Pisces 10th house.

Cecile

[FONT=&quot]Sun's placement does not determine fame. The 12th House is the Dustbin of the Zodiac. Said another way, you bring light to darkness. The natural ruler of the 12th House is Pisces, and with Pisces on your MC of success you could gain recognition for the light you bring through your creative pursuits. With the ruler of your 1st House in (the last degree of) your 12th House you can work alone to develop your skill or pursuits. The trine formed by your Cancer Moon to your Pisces MC and your Scorpio Mars, all water signs, make you intuitively understanding of mass consciousness. This trine implies the ability to manipulate and impress others, a trait of actors, politicians, writers and con artists among others. Your 5th House Mars in Scorpio adds drive to pursue creative outlets. Mars retrograde makes you deliberate and careful. Retrograde Saturn conjunct Mars adds discipline and instruction to the mix. As a videographer you have greater success as an instructor or documentarian than a producer of narratives films. Neptune, the ruler of your Pisces 10th House and MC, in 6th house suggests your avocation or hobby can be your career. Neptune also rules film and photography. It’s sextile to Pluto includes Television. Your Pisces MC forms a T-Square with your Gemini Sun in 12th and Boomerang Uranus in 5th all in Mutable signs which makes you a people-oriented person. With Uranus' ruler Aquarius enclosed in the 8th House chances are you are able to get funding to pursue your hobby/career. Your 11th House Mercury introduces social media as a communications outlet but also means you work well in a social setting or use your talents to improve the planet. The opposition to Mercury suggests you gain recognition through showing or illustrating rather than talking, as Mercury rules the vocal cords. Moon is your chart ruler and rules your 1st house of appearance and how you want other to see you - jovial, sympathetic and understanding, moon-shaped face, average height(?), soft eyes probably dark(?). Your planets are arranged like an hour glass - two opposing groups - which may mean you wear two hats, especially with a Gemini Sun and Venus which are coincidentally the apex of your yod and the opposition to Boomerang Uranus. Wearing two hats seems easy for you, but to anyone else who doesn’t know you well they may mistake this for being flighty or indecisive. Your retrograde planets probably have you rethinking things a lot before taking any action. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Romance? Capricorn on your 7th House of marriage makes you careful in choosing a mate. Capricorn’s Ruler, Saturn, in 5th House of Romance emphasizes this. You tend to be ultra cautious and hold tight to your emotions where romance is concerned. In part you’re being selective, in part you’re protecting yourself from getting hurt. Women look for commitment and see you as shying away from relationships. It could be you’ll find romance with someone you work or is equally pursuing a creative project with Saturn, 7th house ruler, in 5th house. Saturn is also the natural ruler of career and success. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stalemate? Neptune just crossed your MC. It’ll stir up things when it retrogrades your MC August 27th, 2019 and should set you on a new path February 20, 2020. It’s transit of your MC should activate your Grand Trine and T-Square. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Malaysia? Here’s a moniker for you - Boomerangutang! [/FONT]

moonkat235

Waybread, do you have any theories as to why this may be the case? Fradulent documentation, illegitimacy of the industries/individuals involved with them, occulted aspects that are not factored in, etc.

I have often wondered how astrologers view these overlays within the construct. If an object being observed, "fame" for example, is not accurately described nor understood - it exists within a deceptive framework, how can one observe it?

Hey, I was just thinking the same thing. I made a thread earlier about the Total Dominance (here's the link) configuration for indicating eminence, but I'm just really unsure what it's measuring and how common it is, etc.

I was also wondering about how the natal chart goes on forever, even when the person dies. Transits, progressions, etc. continue to activate and influence the natal chart after death. In this article, The Horoscope Lives Forever, it talks about how public interest in Woodrow Wilson was reignited recently and how synastry between WW and Leonardo DiCaprio is strong. DiCaprio wants to portray WW in an upcoming film. All this posthumous planetary influence has my head spinning. Like what are we and what is astrology? lol

Anyway, I was thinking about posthumous eminence and how indicators for it might be different than eminence during life. I was wondering if we were to isolate, compartmentalize and break down the elements of fame and eminence, would we find stronger correlations? How would we go about breaking it down, so to speak? My initial thought was to categorize by field, but that also seems slippery and rather deceptive as well. I think regardless, we'd have to make some division for fame or eminence during life and after.

Sorry for the rambling. What I mean to say is that eminence and fame isn't so simple as looking at the MC. Like everyone has an MC/10th house. Ptolemy says sun and moon in masculine signs with at least one angular, especially the luminary of sect. Moon is better attended by an evening rising planet and waxing. There's actually just a ton of indicators and then there're gradations to eminence, the list goes on. Like you could be prominent in your local community or Donald Trump, etc.

So as a tiny example (I'm still trying to learn), in the OP's chart, you have Venus as attendant to the Sun, but it's combust (under the sun's rays or w/e) and since Venus is nocturnal and this is happening in a cadent house, this is a lesser gradation for eminence. So, by this method, eminence (whatever that means) is not strongly indicated, but there's just not enough research done imo to consistently predict such a concept. Further, this is just one method and I'm not even sure what it's measuring and whether it is universally applicable to all eminent figures.

Last edited:

waybread

Something I've not much studied, but should, are fixed stars. For example, Donald Trump has Regulus "the heart of the lion" conjunct both his Ascendant and Mars. Supposedly this star confers wealth and honours.

If you're interested in pursuing this type of inquiry, check out the Constellation of Words website. http://www.constellationsofwords.com/

Beyond that, few people (outside of a royal family) are born famous and stay that way their whole lives. A lot of child prodigies don't keep their fame later in life. Celebrities retire and then often lead very private lives. So probably we're looking at transits or progressions as important triggers.

Then I don't think fame is identical in each case. A political leader needs different skills than a rock star.

Frankly, I doubt that most people actually want to be famous, if they think about what it entails: a serious loss of privacy, the risk of having your talent or good name trashed in the media. Sometimes people associate fame with wealth, but actually have no idea how to manage money if they actually got some.

Last edited: