North Node Interpretaion

astroman1

Hi. I have a North Node in Aquarius in the 5th house and an automatic South Node in Leo in the 11th house.

I have read much descriptions on NN in Aquarius and NN being in the 5th house. I always seem to get a little confused trying to combine the 2 interpretations. NN in 5th asks to be creative and develop self-expression and enjoy life. Where as NN in Aquarius is more of loosing a sense of pride and ego, and wanting to be center of attention and being equal to all.

The major aspects to my NN is a very strong square from Taurus Sun(0 degrees), a square from Taurus Mercury(2 degrees), and a quincunx to Chiron.

How would you Interpret NN Aquarius in 5th house?

wilsontc

Staff member
friends focused on self-expression, to astroman

astroman,

You asked:
astroman1 said:

It indicates your goal in life (North node) is to have friends and social groups (Aquarius energy) that allow you to express yourself (5th house focus).

Nodally,

Tim

R4VEN

astroman1 said:
Hi. I have a North Node in Aquarius in the 5th house and an automatic South Node in Leo in the 11th house.

The major aspects to my NN is a very strong square from Taurus Sun(0 degrees), a square from Taurus Mercury(2 degrees), and a quincunx to Chiron.

And with the square to your nodes of Sun conj Merc both in Taurus indicates that your path in life may not be the one you design for yourself, and that opportunities - for change, for flexible and creative growth - may come when and how you least expect. When others around you are going in one direction, you may be at a standstill - and vice versa. You are likely to benefit at times when others are not. This makes it appear as though you are out of sync with the world, but it's just that you have your own unique timing.

My interpretation of your nodes is that your drive must be to express yourself creatively in your life, but to do this for the benefit of everyone in your life, and not just for ego-gratification.

astroman1

This is great to read. Thank you guys.

Raven: You are soo very accurate about the timing of opportunities and growth happen almost always come when I least expect them. It can be mind bogling at times. Most goals I set for myself never seem to work out if I work to accomplish them directly. Things appear out of no where for me. I can bend over backward trying to reach a goal and it wont happen. And then when i often am about to give up or about to walk away, a way is found that allows me to accomplish it sooo perfectly. Its just scary. And your very right about feeling out of sync with the world. Sometimes makes me feel something is wrong with me...

Olivia: Well i read that NN are almost always retrograde and mine is retrograde. Since my Mercury is retrograde, that means both my Mercury and NN would be moving south to the IC.

The_Sundance_Kid

Re: friends focused on self-expression, to astroman

I think your placement is very difficult to describe because as you are probably aware, most astrologers, when it comes to the Nodes at least, are of a sign=house mentality. That's ok enough when we're dealing with one planet or point. But when we have 2 directly opposite and interlinked points it is virtually nonsense.

I clicked on the link to cafeastrology, and in many ways it is useless for you, as the heading even states 'North Node in Aquarius and/or in the Eleventh House'. Now you have the North Node in Aquarius so it applies to you. But you have the North Node in the 5th house, not the 11th house. It is in the opposite house to the cafeastrology description. So it is worse than not applying to you, it is positively the opposite to what you should do!

What can this mean?

1) It could mean that modern astrology is too vague. And while astrologers tend to get away with that, cases like yours must make everyone put their Virgo thinking caps on and learn to discriminate. To ask not 'what does this have in common' but 'what are the differences'.

I think this might be why astro-teacher gave you a link specifically to houses and not a houses-and signs dual interpretation. That is very traditional, and might help you focus on the 5th house part of the interpretation, without blurring it into a generic description of Leo.

I would look at this thread to see what is written on the 5th house.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8463

Wherever the interpretation of houses 5 or 11 are different to generic descriptions of Leo and Aquarius, these are the areas that might help you to decide what your Nodes mean in terms of houses, and might help to resolve the contradiction.

2) Option 2 is to accept the contradiction. Maybe yours is not a case of working from the South Node to the North Node. We are normally told that we must learn to develop our North Node and not be lazy and stick to the South Node as we cannot grow this way. But maybe

i) you are already balanced, because of the fundamental harmony of your position (the square is tricky here... maybe your sun and Mercury (ie your conscious self) finds it hard to accept that there really is a balance and that your soul is really at peace. And that is why none of your plans (ie intentional and conscious efforts) seem to work- there is not much to fix that chance does not fix in and of itself. Maybe there is little to be learnt here.)

Or

Option 2 subsection ii) Is that one must accept the uniqueness and the contradiction. But instead of it working out on its own it is a complete mess. Whereas a normal non-contradictory Node shows where we must move to and where we must move from, in your case the Nodes show that there is no structure at all, no South Node strength to come from and no growth area to go to. So your task is to build BOTH of these in one lifetime. Kind of like a doubleshift. This might explain the squares- the sun and Mercury are thinking 'you can't be serious' .

So which option is it? Is it 1, 2 i) or 2 ii)? I think it is always worth trying option 1, and if this isn't fruitful then ask these questions:

Do you feel kind of at peace and that this karmic issue is more of a curiosity? Are you generally perplexed but kind of satisfied and happy in general with this state of affairs:

Most goals I set for myself never seem to work out if I work to accomplish them directly. Things appear out of no where for me. I can bend over backward trying to reach a goal and it wont happen. And then when i often am about to give up or about to walk away, a way is found that allows me to accomplish it sooo perfectly. Its just scary. And your very right about feeling out of sync with the world. Sometimes makes me feel something is wrong with me...

So do you feel that in the end things turn out ok? If so then I think your goal is simply to maintain a faith in yourself and in others, and it is almost as if a guiding hand is watching over this scenario. You can do nothing. And your sun and Mercury may not understand this as it is out of sync with the normal order of things. But as long as you are not demanding and have faith (but not greed and egotism) in your future I think this could be a blessing and shows one who doesn't really need to fix anything.

If on the other hand this issue really worries you, and you find your life has no centre, no order, there is chaos, and you are at the mercy of circumstance and your sun (personality, ego, that sense of things happen in the world because of me) is being emasculated then maybe option 2 ii) applies. And you will have to work double hard to establish some form of equilibrium.

So do you feel that the world is a giant ocean and you are sailing along pleasantly and happily by some mysterious captain, or are you being tied behind a horse and being dragged kicking and screaming through thorny bushes?

What do you think? Maybe the rest of the chart has the answer in any case.

Last edited:

astroman1

Thanks for the websites.

I kept going and found another site that is a good read... imo.
Maybe this might help others...

http://www.astromusings.com/archetypes/nodes/intro.html

This is another good website. You may have to scroll up and down a bit, but the descriptions are specific.
http://books.google.ca/books?id=OtUdyValINQC&pg=PA108&lpg=PA108&dq=5th+house+North+Node&source=bl&ots=gYSH0Jiahi&sig=jdBEze071Z7D_Rfjj8rWVkEogng&hl=en&ei=ulOsSayRFJCNngfa2vj0Dw&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=7&ct=result#PPA170,M1

Last edited:

astroman1

Thanks for your opinion Sundance.

Your very right. I ask myself the same questions the ones you asked. Which do I believe?

Personally I was preplexed because it is said that 11th house exhibits some Aquarian traits and 5th house exhibits Leo traits, yet I have and Aquarian NN in the "house of Leo" and a Leo SN in "the house of Aquarius"

I keep going back and forth between being individualistic and self-expressive to being part of a group and being detached. Both can be interpretation of a Aquarius NorthNode in 5th house.

But i want to mention the part about things always working out somehow. I am very aware that I am recieving help from "friends" from above. It has been proven to me many times. And surely, they will guide along the right path to solving my question which includes this NorthNode dilemma. Very convenient that you mention it. But, yes things do work out at the end even though i go through many emotional bursts, etc. It kinda has a pattern of excitement in the begining and hope, then irritation and anger when I cant figure soemthing out, then sadness and hopelessness, then just... a feeling of.. "o well, nothing left to do now.. so just let it go" and magic happens. The answer is there waiting for me. This happens so often that its not a coincidence anymore. I fully realize that I am learning something through this "routine."

I really find 1 comment that seems to... stand out to me:
"So do you feel that in the end things turn out ok? If so then I think your goal is simply to maintain a faith in yourself and in others, and it is almost as if a guiding hand is watching over this scenario."

Feels as if I am being taught to release emotion and stay objective. Be in a constant state of happyness and faith in myself. Having a majority influence of Water in my chart... seems appropriate that I learn to release emotions.
This is much, much easier said then done. Emotions are addictive! lol. But I will emerge victorious. I have faith in that.

Sundance, you have a NN in 5th house, how do you intrepret yours from personal experience?

P.S I am Virgo Ascending. Discrimination is automatic for me ;)

Last edited: