New Years Astrological Resolution

07.Re

2011 is just around the corner and for me personally, I find the 'promise' of a new year exciting.

This new year I'm going to try something different.

Instead of 'trying a new diet' or 'giving up pastries' (yeah right), I'm going to set short term astrological goals for myself with benchmarks along the way to ensure I stay on target. Currently, I feel as though I'm flailing about in the wind with no real aim, hence, my astrological knowledge is not growing...kinda like trying to build a house with no foundation.

I'll consider it a 'home study' course but with no final exam at the end of the year (whew!) :biggrin:

Anyone keen on joining me?

queenfluff

I already have a book lined up for my next astro read, Skymates. :) Us Virgos plan ahead. :)

I would rather have a New Years Wish instead of a Resolution because I honestly have nothing left to give up right now. I should be adding things in! Saturn in Taurus - I feel I am not 'deserving' of things in life. Must work on that are not very good. :) Esp. to my Mars.

How about a job? :) Than I wouldn't want anything else.

07.Re

Great news Liv and Happy Hanukkah! The buddy system is a good idea. But be warned though, I probably have to repeat Grade 1 Astrology! It could be a l-o-n-g road ahead - lol.

QF, I really hope your wish for a job is fulfilled. :)

Marshal

That's good. As you know that today's the last day of the year 2010, I wanna thank the special people, who touched my life with their concern and made my life more meaningful. I wish you all the Happy New Year. . .

chris

2011 is just around the corner and for me personally, I find the 'promise' of a new year exciting.

Instead of 'trying a new diet' or 'giving up pastries' (yeah right), I'm going to set short term astrological goals for myself with benchmarks along the way to ensure I stay on target. Currently, I feel as though I'm flailing about in the wind with no real aim, hence, my astrological knowledge is not growing...kinda like trying to build a house with no foundation.

I'll consider it a 'home study' course but with no final exam at the end of the year (whew!) :biggrin:

I will join you! Building my astrological knowledge is important to me, I can make a career as an astrologer when I am older! People can make good money doing it I think.

dhundhun

Taking resolution is anyway (in most of the cases) Saturnine influences. Taking any resolution is an additional factor in favor of increasing influence of Saturn. So no resolution - no discplining.

Last edited:

07.Re

I will join you! Building my astrological knowledge is important to me, I can make a career as an astrologer when I am older! People can make good money doing it I think.

Welcome aboard sailor! :happy:

I have family staying with me until the end of January and will therefore be starting my studies thereafter.

queenfluff

I thought of one:

Since I have been learning about my South and North nodes in the past few weeks, and I know that I have to be more North Node and less South - that is something I need to work on, to change. Less Virgo (South Node in Virgo the 10th) and more Pisces (North Node in Pisces in the 4th).

Of course, this goes against my natural Virgoness so it is hard - I have to keeping reminding myself! LOL! But my new mantra is "let the universe drive" (unfortunatley us South Node Virgos don't trust other drivers! :biggrin:)

szanne

07.Re What a great Idea!

I would love to join. My attempts at studying alone are difficult and slow. It's as if I have pieced together bits and parts (& will ditto) with no solid foundation. I want to learn in a more structured & methodical way - and just maybe I will be able to actually delineate a chart with some confidence.
Study materials would be wonderful!

Happy New Year to All :happy:

RayAustin

What a great idea, Re! :smile: My astrological goal this year would be focusing on primary directions.

Last edited:

07.Re

07.Re What a great Idea!

I would love to join. My attempts at studying alone are difficult and slow. It's as if I have pieced together bits and parts (& will ditto) with no solid foundation. I want to learn in a more structured & methodical way - and just maybe I will be able to actually delineate a chart with some confidence.
Study materials would be wonderful!

Happy New Year to All :happy:

Happy new year to you too Szanne.

Olivia may be able to help with study materials. I'd suggest you PM her.

07.Re

The next step would be to decide how we go about implementing a schedule / plan, some kind of marker which assists us in keeping on track to achieve our goals.

Any ideas on how we can successfully achieve this? My one thought would be to Keep It Simple. Obviously you can work alone too, if that is what you'd prefer.

If we go with the buddy system, we could pair up and support each other that way.

Spicadilly

What a great idea girls, I would love to join in!!

Am looking at sharpening predictive and horary skills this year.

Happy new year!

szanne

Szanne, I note your signature is from Firmicus. If you're interested in traditional astrology...
If any of that interests you, feel free to jump in at any point. I've got most of the books on Ben's lists - missing the Campion and a couple of other texts, have a few others he doesn't list, but that's loosely the outline I'm following. I'm re-reading some of the history/outlines first - John Frawley's Real Astrology, Deb Houlding's Houses - Temples of the Sky, and I'll start going through James Holden's History of Horoscopic Astrology again soon - it's been a few years since I read it. Though that one I'll probably divide up into sections, and read it along with something else instead of alone.

Again, if it's trad you're looking for, Helena Avelar and Luis Ribiero have just published a primer on same called On the Heavenly Spheres. That I don't have, but very much want to get, because one thing I haven't yet seen is a good primer on traditional astrology in modern language.

Olivia,
Yes, I am interested in traditional and I have been searching for resources, so thank you for above ref's. Just finishing my intial reading of Ancient Astrology Theory & Practice - by firmicus. I'm finding traditional methods work better for me, after I get past the initial state of confusion, especially around terminology. I just google alot! I will probably be staying with Natal basics for awhile...but I am a quick study so you never know...

I am going to check out Ben's list and may visit the library next week to see what books I can find - Your recommendations really help...thank you

Re.07
Simple is good...and I like buddy system. Many of you may be a bit ahead of me in knowledge, but if that is okay, I do learn better when I am a bit challenged. My real goal is to learn in a way that provides me with a better foundation.

Looking forward to 2011 :w00t:

07.Re

Could those members who are interested in the buddy system PM me, so that I have an idea of who would like to run with this idea.

07.Re

I've been thinking of Surprises group idea.

We could either form a Social Group or create a thread whereby we list what it is we are working on, citing study material sources (if chosen), and put a date line / estimated completion date for said 'subject(s)'.

Once thats down in 'black and white', and to keep us on target, updating of date line would take place by either noting that the desired learning area was accomplished, or that extra time would be needed for completion.

For me personally, knowing that I have a plan thats been formulated and 'put out there', will give me the direction and motivation needed to ensure that my astrology goals are best achieved.

Obviously not everyone will need a whole year and may only need shorter time periods to achieve their goal(s).

Any comments?

07.Re

Lol, you know you're asking a Libran to make a decision, don't you?

Lets wait until waxing phase.

I'll set up a Social Group. We don't need to keep a running thread as its not really something that 'adds to the forum'.