Progressed Ascendant - Sign Change

Arian Maverick

As of today, my progressed Ascendant is no longer in Aries. I am absolutely terrified of losing my last vestige of fire...what should I expect?

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Wow! Congrats!
I lost my Aries asc when I was 19 (1995), when I wasn't following astrology.

I became a progessed piscean in 2004 too; I ended up crying for the first year and was a jelly-like feeling that my wit had faded. Now I guess I focus on things other than intellect in life.

As for changing asc, enjoy it. It should add a whole new dimension to your personality. It will make you more sensual, stable, lifeplan- and money-orientated and appreciate the finer things in life. I think these are the aspects of my personality develop since 1995.

freedomlover

Progressed charts..... I'm still learning on that one, too.

Do you actually take on the characteristics of the progressed chart as if you were born that way? (if you know what I mean?)

As of about 15 years ago, I became a Cappy Sun, and Aquarius rising. I still had the Sag Mercury until just a few months ago. I'm now a Cappy Mercury. My Mars and Venus have moved into Aquarius, as well. Gee.... I just realized that all of my personal planets are now in either Cappy or Aquarius. I still have my Aquarius Moon. It's the only one left of my natal chart.

Any comments?

{However, I did my solar return for this year. (I'm almost within 3 months.) My rising sign for the year is back to Sagittarius.}

FlyAway

This is the first time I pay attention to my Ascendant progressing.
My Ascendant progressed from Scorpio to Saggitarius 19 years ago,
so it's hard for me to remember if I noticed that.
What should actually happen, should we notice a major energy change?

My progressed chart is actually more balanced: water 3, fire 3, air 2, earth 2.
My natal chart looks like this: water 4, air 4, fire 1, earth 1.

It seems the more I discover, the more complicated astrology gets ;)

Howl

I would say, don't hold back :D I look at it as similar to an outer planet transit. You still HAVE the natal position, but you learn to 'do new things'. Moving from Aries to Taurus, perhaps you'll lern to 'apply' your fiery, independant and ambitious nature in very practical ways. Maybe you'll consolidate what you are personally capable of, through years of sustained effort. Maybe you'll be working on your self :) your own personal qualities and skills. (Not that you couldn't have done these things before!!)

Yes, think of it as a new part of your toolkit. You're going to learn how to 'be' Taurean, to the extent that it suits you. Where is Taurus in your natal chart?

I moved from shy Cancer ascendant to bold Leo in 2000, my first year out of highschool. It certainly fit! People who meet me now laugh when I tell them that I can feel quite shy....but I know it's me (I just think of all the years BEFORE Leo came along in 2000 :p) I still 'feel' shy at times, but I've got a new emphasis on how I present to people. I can choose to show immediate warmth (leo) because I like being with people (leo) even if I am feeling hesitant (cancer). Still have the feelings, but more choice about how to act.

Last edited:

pisceskitty

Amazing. My progressed Asc. is now @ 17deg Scorpio!:eek: [natal Asc. In Libra] I do feel a bit more intense. I find myself having intense thoughts too.

pwadm

Staff member
Arian Maverick said:
As of today, my progressed Ascendant is no longer in Aries. I am absolutely terrified of losing my last vestige of fire...what should I expect?

Hey, congrats! You've just been upgraded. The same ole' Beth, yet much improved. You Arian energy will find some fertile ground in Taurus and you'll feel much more comfortable when your energy and enthusiasm will be better used.

unukalhai

Progression of the aries ascendant (fire) into taurus (earth) will add grounding (a fixture of the earth element) but can also result in added stubbornness.

while aries "just does it" and doesnt look back, taurus is far more stubborn and will hold back until the bull is convinced the action will bring him some form of gratification.

also, while aries represents aggressive sexuality, taurus represents refined sensuality with a focus on the details of attraction. one's sexual habits may also change, with more of a focus on the refined art of sensualiy rather than aggressive power of passion.

in all reality, aries and taurus are very much opposites. considering one is mars ruled, the other venus ruled, puts this into perspective.

dna

I have a question about this- In my natal chart pluto is in my first house in Libra- In my progressed chart my asc has changed to scorpio and pluto moved into my 12h. The asc channge happened the year I felt VERY strong changes within myself. I was before this very outgoing and a people person. I am now more of a loner. I like it that way. :) BUT my question is if the planet that rules the natal first house is replaced by the sign it rules in the progressed chart is it intensified or does it make no difference-just simply keeping that energy there? How do you think that changes or doesn't change the effects of the changing progressed asc. ?

cg1

My progressed ascendant as been in Virgo forever (65 years). I am not a neat freak and not germaphobic. I do get upset if companies have procedures which are not logical and functional. I progress to Libra (my sun sign) in a couple of years. I am very excited since my progressed sun is in Capricorn and I am not loving the Virgo/Capricorn combination.
Anyone else gone from Virgo to Libra? What was it like?

Oceanis

Do you interpret the entire progressed chart, or do you also combine
the Natal chart, plus the transits, plus the progressions?
The possibilities are endless, so which of the above really work for you?