Who here considers Uranus a difficult/malefic planet?

retinoid

Unpredictability, instability, 'far out there' are all things that Uranus brings. Sure it brings intuition and what not, but overall, the effects seem to not be pleasant. More like the 'tower' tarot card. I have Uranus tightly conjunct my moon+venus and my moods are extremely unstable and I can sometimes be a little 'crazy' except I always bounce back. I attribute this to the uranian influence.

DeLaSoul

i agree with the craziness :sideways: venus/uranus forms a tight talent triangle with mars/moon in my chart. very unpredictable, not very pleasant. seems to cause more trouble than good at times..

dr. farr

I consider Uranus of the nature of Mercury combined with Mars, and capable (like all planets) of both malefic and benefic qualities.
With my Mercury/Mars model, I regard Uranus dignfied in the domiciles of those 2 planets (Aries, Gemin, Virgo and Scorpio), and detrimented in the same signs as they are detrimented in (Taurus, Libra, Sagittarius, Pisces); however, I do not go so far as attempting to assign exaltation of Fall to Uranus (nor to the other outer planets)

Last edited:

Caro

the thing to do is to find an expression for it(uranus) it is futuristic, highly creative and out there 'man'.
how it is in a chart does depend on the whole chart. I see moon sq uranus as a difficult aspect in a chart particularly for women. however if you learn how to channel that energy into uranian type pursuits maybe you can be more at peace with it. from the people I know with this moon sq uranus those who are using it to expand their knowledge or doing something different even if that is training to be a plumber (which was the case)- then it is a good use of this energy.

I have opp to uranus (not quite opp my merc but enough to cause issues in the past and still now!:unsure:) its in 10th h. this has made me be perceived as a bit of rebel in a conservative work environment. ie where they did not want change I was constantly changing things. to the point my boss wrote ; your ideas are a bit ahead of time! he hated me!

Sweet Pea

Uranus instinctively rebels against the desires of other people's egos and seeks to thwart any outward manipulation, whether it comes from Saturn, Pluto or even charming Venus. Uranus sees through them all! He won't be coerced.

He also finds it hard to see that other people have their own way of dealing with things that are not his way. He needs to learn tolerance and 'allowing'.

He's just as self-centred but not as controlling as Pluto. He would rather just not "play the game" that other people would like to pull him into.

Although the uranian archetype is based on group good, he will only participate in groups on his terms and if he is fully in tune with the group mindset. He doesn't do compromise. As soon as the group mindset takes a turn that he doesn't like, he's off!

Instinctively, he'll cause trouble in all saturnian structures, be they social, familial or religious....perhaps especially religious. He's not a guru-follower nor can he unquestioningly accept dogma without proof.

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
I don't know if I would regard Uranus as Malefic in and of itself... I think you would need to take into consideration its placement in the chart and any aspects it is making. I think there is positive and negative...

I have Uranus:uranus: :square:Saturn:saturn:, and personally for me this has created some issues! I feel like Uranus wants to break free and rebel and innovate, but my Saturn is wanting to hold me back, keep me stabilised and responsible! Ah! Constant conflict!

bittermoon

i have sun in 5th (cancer) square uranus in 7th (libra). it's a blessing and a curse. a great need to be different, to express myself, to be independent is not in sync with a harmonious relationship (for me). and the more i feel the other person is 'controlling' me, the more i lash out.

it's tiring, as i sometimes feel the need to rebel for the sake of just rebelling. always restless, stubborn, and i don't take advice from others easily, even if it's good advice. yes, mistakes were made :)

on the upside, i'll never be a sheep, following the masses. i will never have anybody tell me what to do. i march to the beat of my own drum. for better, or for worse.

it's a mixed bag, but when it comes down to it, i love uranus. it shakes things up, and you never know what comes out of it.

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Uranus instinctively rebels against the desires of other people's egos and seeks to thwart any outward manipulation, whether it comes from Saturn, Pluto or even charming Venus. Uranus sees through them all! He won't be coerced.

He also finds it hard to see that other people have their own way of dealing with things that are not his way. He needs to learn tolerance and 'allowing'.

He's just as self-centred but not as controlling as Pluto. He would rather just not "play the game" that other people would like to pull him into.

Although the uranian archetype is based on group good, he will only participate in groups on his terms and if he is fully in tune with the group mindset. He doesn't do compromise. As soon as the group mindset takes a turn that he doesn't like, he's off!

Instinctively, he'll cause trouble in all saturnian structures, be they social, familial or religious....perhaps especially religious. He's not a guru-follower nor can he unquestioningly accept dogma without proof.

Yes! I agree!

I think we were writing at the same time...but what you said relates to how I feel my Uranus Square Saturn!

Especially this "...he'll cause trouble in all Saturnian structures..."

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
it's tiring, as i sometimes feel the need to rebel for the sake of just rebelling. always restless, stubborn, and i don't take advice from others easily, even if it's good advice. yes, mistakes were made :)

I can relate...

it's a mixed bag, but when it comes down to it, i love uranus. it shakes things up, and you never know what comes out of it.

Absolutely...it keeps things interesting, for better or for worse!

dr. farr

I have Uranus (in Cancer) in my 11th natal house, and it is the most elevated planet in my natal chart; Uranus has been a very important factor in the rather unusual life I have led (60 years), and looking back I cannot say that the Uranian influence has been malefic, but unusual, yes, out of the ordinary, definitely so, innovative, quite true...

Bina

Uranus can help to move things when and where we are stuck, i.e by transit, it can bring about necessary changes, I think all with the intention to shift us to a place of higher consciousness. Perhaps only when we resist this needed change, will it's influence become disruptive..

waybread

I agree with Bina. Uranus is also about personal liberation, serendipity, the charm of the unexpected, and not buying into the old trope that "we've always done it this way."

The cure for viewing Uranus unfavourably is to deliberately incorporate more personal liberation and out-of-character events into your life. These might be little things, like just taking different routes home from work, trying foods you've never tasted before, putting yourself in unfamiliar situations.

retinoid, with your Uranus-moon-Venus conjunction, I suggest you think about empowering combinations that draw upon these planets' energies. It might be something like listening to futuristic music or creating computer-generated abstract art. Also, did you experience your mother as highly unpredictable? Perhaps even mentally unstable? This could get scary for a little kid, and carry over into your adult life as the conviction that Uranian unpredictability is bad.

Lightrider

I tend to think of all planets having pro and con sides

I tend to think alike. Planets (aside from what they represent) are just that, planets. They are neither "good" or "bad". What may be regarded as "beneficial" "malefic" is the way people handle/use their energy.

Blackempress

For me I have strong Uranus contacts to Moon (Sex) & Venus (opp) But frankly I am madly in love with this planet. I really wish it would've touch the sun too:lol:. I love being eccentric (maybe because it's in my 9th so I'm at peace with it). I am an original thinker, freedom lover & the first word people associate me with is 'eccentric'. :bandit:

I like being different in fact I :love: it! I literally live for Uranian pursuits- humanitarian, individualistic, truthful, original & even unconventional.

It can cause alot of emotional upsets with the changes but for me I love changes so it's never caused distress rather always been a huge relief. I literally thank the heavens for bringing Uranus into Aries, it's been the most wonderful (yet shocking) beginning of a new life!
:smile:

kimbermoon

I think we need to remember that the energies can be helped to change over time, depending on the age of the person...in youth I think Uranus can be highly disruptive while in later maturity we can use it's energy to advantage...Uranus conjunct mercury in my chart...I always had communicational difficults and upsets with my siblings in the past...and was led to believe that I did not belong in this world, because of my personal differences...In the end however I realize how much original thought I have now, in thinking outside of the box, which often just astounds people...in the 9th it has also helped me to master the art of astrology, while still knowing that there is always more to learn....

dhundhun

Uranus is in general MALEFIC. It favors otherworldly, eccentric and unusual activities.

Acting +vely (rarely), it can make genius. Look for good aspect from Jupiter or Venus. Makes good Astrologer, Inventor, Professor, Teacher, etc.

In general, it does not give material success. Most of the people under influence of this planet don't make money they deserve. Strong Uranians probably make 10-20% of their talent. With the same talent, a Jupiterian will be making 200-500% easily.

On health matters, medicines may not work. Mostly, they have to struggle to find their way to survive. They find their own way of life, meditation, yoga, herb, exercise, vitamins, and so on.

In interpersonal relationship, it is difficult to connect to other people (that's why eccentricity). When two people talk face to face, magnetic aura connect them. Uranians are in general not recipient to others aura. And others don't feel comfortable. However, with many people, they can be of good/great success - making public speaker.

In numerology, Uranus is associated with number 4. In general failures in life, if success, great success, but after several attempts and failures.

Uranus is considered energy behind discoveries and inventions. But how many - one Uranion out of hundreds or thousands of Uranions.

Saffron color increases strength of Uranus. Most of Indian Yogis and Sadhus wear Saffron cloths, which increases tendency of being otherworldly.

dr. farr

I consider that Dhundhun has made several very accurate and valid observations regarding the qualities of Uranus, in the above post!!

waybread

Maybe this works in Vedic astrology, but it sure hasn't been my personal experience.

I like Uranus a lot. It is the great liberator. It gives variety to life. Variety is the spice of life. A Uranian life is never boring. It gets us out of self-defeating ruts. It facilitates sudden flashes of insight. It can confer a lot of energy, and optimism for the future.

I guess if people don't want these things, they might see Uranus as malefic.

I am a pretty Uranian person. I think my life turned out a lot better than I had any right to expect.

I look terrible in yellow. Bright, electric blue is a Uranian colour. Our time period is the future.

Last edited:

dr. farr

...and I'll add that Waybread has made several accurate and valid observations about this unique planet as well!

As I mentioned earlier, I am very much of a "Uranian" (like Waybread) It has been both difficult and liberating, but for it all, I would not trade the Uranian influence (even if I could)!