Are Chiron and the Lunar Nodes Important Enough to be Sign Rulers?

david starling

If so, Chiron is obviously a second ruler of Sagittarius, and [IMO] the NN is a ruler of Scorpio, along with Pluto.

Last edited:

aldebaran

I found Lunar Nodes, specially the South, more important than any other planet and equivalent only to Sun and Moon.

The definition of the Nodes properties is complicated, however, Jyotish has long descriptions but the fact that they are conceptually made of a mix of Sun and Moon needs an explanation that I never found.

Sun rules a Sign, Moon rules a Sign, what a certain "mix" of them would rule? Conceptually, Nodes have this complicated issue by being made of two Planets.

By astrological practice I can't say Chiron is less relevant than the other Planets, even if by size/number of bodies of a certain size logic it's confusing why it is so.

david starling

I have the SN as a co-ruler of Taurus. That aside, what's your description of its affect on the chart? Maybe something about empathic and/or psychic ability?

Last edited:

mahaira

I find the nodes extremely important, but I wouldn't look at them as sign rulers because of their "general" nature. They have their basic meanings but are completely colored by their position in a sign and a house.
Idem for Chiron. I find Chiron important, because it can tell you a whole lot about natives' subconscious tendencies, thus influencing the interpretation of the whole chart.
A Leo/Aries, with Moon conjuction Chrion in the 12th house is completely different from someone who's Chiron placement is, say, in the 11th not aspecting his Moon.

david starling

I find the nodes extremely important, but I wouldn't look at them as sign rulers because of their "general" nature. They have their basic meanings but are completely colored by their position in a sign and a house.
Idem for Chiron. I find Chiron important, because it can tell you a whole lot about natives' subconscious tendencies, thus influencing the interpretation of the whole chart.
A Leo/Aries, with Moon conjuction Chrion in the 12th house is completely different from someone who's Chiron placement is, say, in the 11th not aspecting his Moon.

So, you're saying the Nodes aren't Domicled in any particular Sign. There's an ancient view that the NN, the "Dragon's Head", is Exalted in Gemini, most highly exalted at 3 degrees.

yuriv

I like Chiron in Virgo, for their obvious similarities. For the nodes, I take NN for Aries, SN for Pisces. My idea is if NN and SN are mix of energies, then perhaps in my postulation NN is more Sun -Fire - Aries. SN is more Moon - Water -Pisces. I am reading that both nodal points can be quite powerful NN with self-ambition, SN selflessness.

david starling

I like Chiron in Virgo, for their obvious similarities. For the nodes, I take NN for Aries, SN for Pisces. My idea is if NN and SN are mix of energies, then perhaps in my postulation NN is more Sun -Fire - Aries. SN is more Moon - Water -Pisces. I am reading that both nodal points can be quite powerful NN with self-ambition, SN selflessness.

Well, the fact that the Sagittarian Centaur IS literally Chiron in the Ancient-Greek mythology is what causes me to have it ruling Sagittarius. That would go along with the "Know Thyself" saying from the Temple of Apollo. And, Apollo was Chiron's mentor.
Still, I like your intuitive insights about the matter, and I agree the NN is more high-energy than the SN.

mahaira

... There's an ancient view that the NN, the "Dragon's Head", is Exalted in Gemini, most highly exalted at 3 degrees.

Exaltation and rulership are different, I was answering to a question about rulership :smile:

I have read an interesting article on the exaltation in Gemini (NN) and Sagittarius (SN), I can't remember where, in the context of the antisica of the solstice points of the Cancer/Capricorn axis, which correspond to the Gemini-Sagittarius. Which could be one explanation for the exaltation of the NN and SN in these signs.

david starling

Exaltation and rulership are different, I was answering to a question about rulership :smile:

I have read an interesting article on the exaltation in Gemini (NN) and Sagittarius (SN), I can't remember where, in the context of the antisica of the solstice points of the Cancer/Capricorn axis, which correspond to the Gemini-Sagittarius. Which could be one explanation for the exaltation of the NN and SN in these signs.

But doesn't Exaltation in one Sign imply rulership in another Sign?

aldebaran

Well, the fact that the Sagittarian Centaur IS literally Chiron in the Ancient-Greek mythology is what causes me to have it ruling Sagittarius.
Symbolically it makes completely sense. Still, by practice and his mythological character I see Chiron as Capricornian.
Enki(the Capricorn)(gestu - sruti - saraswati - sravana - ea - ieowah(unsichtbar)

I have the SN as a co-ruler of Taurus. That aside, what's your description of its affect on the chart? Maybe something about empathic and/or psychic ability?

I see the Sun and Moon of a giant proportion in conscience, mind, emotions, self, the "human organism" in general. South node gives a sort of "base of the mind", in the practical sense it's what we need to feel safe, secure; in an experimental sense it's a highly sensitive point that brings a huge flow of life events - it's not "malefic", only a very sensitive point as a path to our minds/life. In a psychological sense it does a sort of "disposing" of things on the mind; if we close the eyes, when we open it everything around get "disposed" according to the South Node; the Natal is a way things always get disposed and we can recognize "personality behaviors" by it; the transits and much more strongly progressions are how things get disposed according to life events - and reach our minds through it. It's not so hard to be conscient of the SN energy - perhaps only the Moon is of easier sight.