Am I destined to be alone forever?

craft94

My Venus is in retrograde, 6th house, and I feel like I'm doomed.

Attachments

• kaitsastrochart.png
    kaitsastrochart.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

haidee

My Venus is in retrograde, 6th house, and I feel like I'm doomed.

Hi, I'm new at this, but I'd like to give you my knowledge anyway. :)

As far as I've understand, the birth chart is your personality and a guide line, and the difficulties the natal planets give you, you can overcome.
On another page I've found by typing in "Venus retrograde in natal chart" I found this page: http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/bornwithvenusretrograde.html

You might want to read it after you've read this.
In short: You probably feel like you don't deserve love or that you're not good enough. Basically, stumping on yourself when it comes to love and romance. If that's the case, you have to teach yourself otherwise.
- Even outside the topic of astrology, you have to love yourself, before you can love anyone else.
Look at the link above. It doesn't say that you're destined to live alone, but you may reject relationships or hesitate trying to create one.

I think Venus retrograde is beautiful :joyful: they take relationships seriously. I'm guessing you'll have trouble with air signs though.

craft94

You're not an air dominant, darling. And your venus is in a water sign, and your mars in a fire sign.

I never said that I was an air dominant but it would be weird for me to avoid air sun signs, being one myself.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I have Venus retrograde, in Virgo, and in the eighth house. All of that is supposed to be "bad."

In reality, I'd say that kind of placement serves to make your Venus function somewhat differently from the classic ways it's supposed to function. In Virgo, for instance, Venus is more inclined to care for others by doing practical things for them than by being wine-and-roses romantic. In Scorpio, Venus is likely to want to dispense with superficial pleasantries, which it would be very good at in Libra or Pisces, and relate to others in a very deeply intimate way, with raw honesty.

Retrograde, Venus energies are extra strong as part of your deep inner psyche, but not as readily apparent in your interactions with the world as a direct Venus would be. Retrograde Venus might lend itself well to creativity, for instance, or self exploration, or a desire to become balanced within yourself.

Notice I've said nothing so far about your love life. That's because Venus being retrograde in the sixth house is no predictor at all of having one or not. It does provide some clues about how you need to go about having one: you need a partner you can be deeply intimate and honest with (Scorpio), and you probably don't have much tolerance for superficial flirtatiousness (combination of Scorpio and Venus being retrograde).

And since it's in your sixth house (so, by the way, is Jupiter, which rules your seventh), working partnerships are likely to be important for you. You might be inclined to date or marry someone who shares your life's work--which may or may not mean what you do for a living; on a deeper level, it could mean something you work on and perfect that gives your life meaning, whether or not it's a "real" job--and you very likely need partnership with others in your life's work.

craft94

In Scorpio, Venus is likely to want to dispense with superficial pleasantries, which it would be very good at in Libra or Pisces, and relate to others in a very deeply intimate way, with raw honesty.

It does provide some clues about how you need to go about having one: you need a partner you can be deeply intimate and honest with (Scorpio), and you probably don't have much tolerance for superficial flirtatiousness (combination of Scorpio and Venus being retrograde).

True. I haven't had a boyfriend in yeaaars, for this very reason. I think a lot of people date just for the sake of having someone with them but I can't force something that's not there. And when I do like someone, my gut reaction is to avoid them...so I don't get hurt, which I know I will. I feel like I take relationships more seriously than a lot of people do. I'm just scared I'll never have that, and it's my own fault, really. Your stars aren't your destiny, I know. I just wish I knew how to get over it. I'm "too much" for most people, it seems.

I wonder if Venus in the 6th house could also indicate someone who is really picky, a perfectionist with who they date, because I feel like I can only be with the best of the best, and I think these ideals let me down because no one is perfect. By perfect, I mean my idea of perfect, which isn't really perfect perfect, but still.

ashriia

Honestly regardless of your venus being retro. I think you will eventually meet your soulmate(s).

1. ruler of your DSC being conjunct venus.
2. node being conjunct juno.
3. vertex being conjunct juno.
all in scorpio.

Your relationships are heavily karmic indeed.

From your pluto placement you are around 20ish, usually when saturn is aspecting venus there are delays with very serious relationships. From my experience with studying charts and events and relationships.. usually serious relationships come at 24. 28. 30.

muchacho

Oh for gods sake too many peoples comingnon here saying they are doomed,,,,it's boring, NO YOU ARE
NOT DOOMED, there is no such thing as doomed......
Agreed. However, his Sun is in Libra, which means he needs a relationship. Being in a relationship is essential for his well-being, especially romantic ones, since his Sun is in the 5th.

theV

HELL NO!! no one is destined to be alone.If you are destined to be alone,what the hell people are doing around you.For each soul there is a soul mate.You are venus ruled person with venus in scorpio and R venus makes you orientated toward matters of love plus the venus jupiter conjunction.

craft94

Agreed. However, his Sun is in Libra, which means he needs a relationship. Being in a relationship is essential for his well-being, especially romantic ones, since his Sun is in the 5th.

Her* she*, It's not a big deal. I'm just correcting you.

Well to be honest, I've only had one "romantic" relationship in my whole entire (almost) 21 years of living. Most of the supposedly "aromantic" types I've come across are way more romantically-orientated than me, as in they're the kind of people who cannot stand to be single, even for a week. But unlike them, I do crave a deeper connection. It's just something I try not think about.

Saying it's "essential" to my well-being kind of gives me a bad feeling because it's like, have I wasted my life? Are romantic relationships all I'm good for? But it is important to me, yes

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Her*, not that it's a big deal. Just correcting you.

Well to be honest, I've only had one "romantic" relationship in my whole entire (almost) 21 years of living. Most of the supposedly "aromantic" types I've come across are way more romantically-orientated than me, as in they're the kind of people who cannot stand to be single, even for a week. But unlike them, I do crave a deeper connection. It's just something I try not think about.

Saying it's "essential" to my well-being kind of gives me a bad feeling because it's like, have I wasted my life? Are romantic relationships all I'm good for? But it is important to me, yes

People who can't stand being single for even a week are not operating out of a real need for relationships, they're operating out of insecurity. You are obviously not insecure in that way. For people who cover their insecurity by always seeking out a relationship, the challenge is learning to be comfortable with themselves, and their birth chart may very well reflect that.

For anyone with sun in Libra, what's essential to their well being is that they are developing themselves in a Libra kind of way. That does not mean it's necessary to have a romantic relationship in your life at all times, or at any given time. That might mean relationship to others is a key growth area for you, but the meaning of relationship is very broad. It's not just romantic relationships, it's also friendships, working partnerships, all ways that you relate to other people.

Libra growth is, more generally, about seeking balance, harmony, and beauty. Some people with a Libra imperative use it for creative, artistic pursuits. Some immerse themselves in nature. Some get deeply involved in social justice causes (in those cases, there are usually strong Aquarian and/or Uranian and/or eleventh house elements as well). Some channel it into personal healing and/or helping others heal.

Libra sun with Venus in Scorpio, in the house of work, is strongly suggestive of the personal healing kind of Libra imperative, and also of creative work. It can also indicate a need for deep, honest, intimate relationships--but that is not a need that could easily be met if you were someone who couldn't stand being single for a week. To be able to relate to someone in that honest and intimate way, you have to be able to see them as a person, not just a role they fill for you.

muchacho

Her* she*, It's not a big deal. I'm just correcting you.

Ooops, her/she it is then. Sorry. :smile:

Relax, it's not that dramatic. It doesn't mean that you have wasted your life, I'm pretty sure you've learned a lot about yourself and your own preferences in life so far. That's the point of having contrasting experiences, it's clarifying. What I meant with 'essential' is that without it, you won't feel complete, you will feel as if something is missing, something important. Libra likes to share experiences with others. And the Sun is just one of several factors that play into this. The Moon is also a very important factor as is your ASC. And to get back to your OP, Venus just shows what you value and consider beautiful. Given all the other factors I've just mentioned, it's less important for relationships than you might think.

If we are talking about intimate relationships, then you have to consider the factor that represents your most private side, and that's your Moon. With your Moon in Taurus, you like to take it slow and it takes time to make up your mind. Taurus is also a feminine sign, and all feminine signs are passive, which means they don't tend to make the first step and take the initiative. They wait and react, instead of initiate and act. And Moon in 12th makes you very idealistic too. I think that should explain why not much has happened yet. You just need more time, that's all. Nothing wrong there.

craft94

Ooops, her/she it is then. Sorry. :smile:

It's really not that big a deal.

What I meant with 'essential' is that without it, you won't feel complete, you will feel as if something is missing, something important. Libra likes to share experiences with others.

It's true, unfortunately. I do not want to spend my whole life alone. But "sharing experience with others" does not automatically mean I need a romantic partner. I want one, yes but do I "need" one? True friends (as opposed to acquaintances) are just as valuable.

And the Sun is just one of several factors that play into this. The Moon is also a very important factor as is your ASC. And to get back to your OP, Venus just shows what you value and consider beautiful. Given all the other factors I've just mentioned, it's less important for relationships than you might think.

That's funny because to some extent, I identify more with the textbook traits of my Venus sign* than I do with the other 3. Osamenor's description of what I seek in relationships fits me to a T.

Actually, most of what I read about Venus in retrograde fits me to a T, which is why I posted this thread. I wouldn't be posting it if it was just something I read and didn't align with my life experiences.

*I'm guessing this is because Venus is the ruling planet of both my Sun and my Moon and therefore an important part of who I am. I want to clarify when I say I identify more with the textbook traits, I mean I identify with the textbook traits of "Venus in Scorpio" not Sun in Scorpio. Most of the Scorpio Suns I come across, unless they have a lot of Sag in their charts, are much quieter than I could ever be and when I say I identify with the traits of Venus in Scorpio, I am referring to the need for an honest and intimate relationship free of superficiality.. not the sexiness lol.

If we are talking about intimate relationships, then you have to consider the factor that represents your most private side, and that's your Moon. With your Moon in Taurus, you like to take it slow and it takes time to make up your mind. Taurus is also a feminine sign, and all feminine signs are passive, which means they don't tend to make the first step and take the initiative. They wait and react, instead of initiate and act. And Moon in 12th makes you very idealistic too. I think that should explain why not much has happened yet. You just need more time, that's all. Nothing wrong there.

This is accurate.

Last edited:

craft94

HELL NO!! no one is destined to be alone.If you are destined to be alone,what the hell people are doing around you.For each soul there is a soul mate.You are venus ruled person with venus in scorpio and R venus makes you orientated toward matters of love plus the venus jupiter conjunction.

I'd like to believe you're right. The idea of soul mates is a nice one, at least from the perspective of this Libra sun, but it isn't realistic. If by "soul mates" you mean someone who you can connect with on a soul level, then yeah, but there's not ONE person somewhere out there, destined for everybody. I personally know people who are in their 50's and still haven't found "the one". Sometimes it's by choice and sometimes it isn't. Some people are stuck in marriages that have lost their meaning (if there even was one to begin with). Not everybody is looking for a soul mate. Some people would rather keep things "free". In many cultures, monogamy is actually seen as strange. I also know people who identify as both aromantic and asexual... I doubt they're looking for their one and only God-appointed soul mate. Life isn't a romance novel.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
when I say I identify with the traits of Venus in Scorpio, I am referring to the need for an honest and intimate relationship free of superficiality.. not the sexiness lol.

There's a huge misconception about Scorpio "sexiness" that cookbook astrology spreads far and wide. Scorpio is about honest sexuality. And sexuality is not just sexual acts, those are only the tip of the iceberg. Sexuality is a very deep, innate part of ourselves. You could be a lifelong virgin and still be a deeply sexual person. Monastics who take vows of celibacy, are, if they're doing it right, actually working very deeply with their sexuality, using it for a spiritual purpose, in a way that wouldn't work if they were involved in sexual relationships. And then there's the whole concept of sexual orientation. That's all about sexuality, but whether someone identifies as gay or straight or bi doesn't necessarily mean they've had the sexual experiences to match.

In our day-to-day personal lives, a strong Scorpio (or eighth house) can bring such a strong sense of sexuality that it's equally easy to say no to a sexual experience you don't want and yes to one that you do want. You're not going to "just do it" because of what pop culture and other people imply that you should want, but you're not going to quell your real sexual desires, either--not if you're making a strong response to the Scorpio part of your chart.

With that powerful Scorpio in your chart and need for deep intimacy, and the ability to have intimate platonic relationships when platonic is more appropriate (not something everyone knows how to do!), I would guess that you're also capable of being highly sexual, and it's very likely that your life will include at least one intensely sexual relationship, if that hasn't happened already.