Your Venus, their Uranus.. Could it work??

kaminari

I have a general inquiry into Venus/Uranus contacts in synastry. I'm a novice but in my short astrological life I have much much experience on the Venus end. Unfortunately a whole generation of people come & go because of this & I wonder if a Saturn or something else could stabilize things.

I've heard that Uranus is the divorce planet & after my experience I'm skeptical now of anyone whose Uranus conjuncts my Scorpio planets, especially my Venus.

Really, could someone shed insight into the relationship between these two planets? It seems it's always Venus who's waiting at the altar, so to speak!

astropsychologist

For some reason I can't enlarge ur chart to see it, but will answer generally anyways.

I have Uranus in the 7th and have yet to have a lasting relationship, but I havent lost hope yet :wink:! I know lots of people who have Venus/Uranus contacts in their natal who are married, but I think its very important that they give and are given lots of freedom and independence within the relationship. I find that if they lose this independence, the relationship ends quite soon after.

I have met many people during Uranus/venus transits and these have always been very shortlived but exhilarating (some of my favourite memories:love:)! My best friend got married when solar arc Uranus conjunct her Venus (which i found strange at the time) but 5 years down the line, it looks like they might be separating soon. Another friend recently told me that her uncle met his wife during a Uranian transit and they are still together 30 years later, however I think this is an exception, as both of them are quite Uranian characters so they would respond well to this energy.

In synastry, i don't think it bodes well (unless like the case above, both are in tune with Uranus anyways). I think if ur looking for a dynamic and exciting relationship, excellent! Something more stable? Doubt you'll find it when Uranus is strong, unless of course Saturn is helping to balance things out.

But this has just been my experience. I'd love to hear from others....has anyone any love story involving Uranus that has stood the test of time?

siamese_dream

My boyfriend has a Venus/Saturn/Uranus conjunction in the 1st house. We are only a few months apart, so his Venus is conjunct to my Saturn & Uranus. He needs freedom to express himself, and is VERY unhappy if he thinks I'm restraining him, but with Saturn, he also feels tied to me - there is some sense of responsibility there. I think despite the unruliness of Uranus, Saturn is binding. He says he wants to marry me eventually; he always talks about moving in together. :)

BTW - he is an Aquarius with a Capricorn moon, so both of these energies (Sat/Ur) are very present in his chart.

I have uranus in 7th square sun/moon and opposite Asc and my relationships have not lasted longer than 3-4years. Although you never can tell wth uranus, very much a stick or twist.

It's prob more important that you learn the basics of astrology before attempting synastry as it's very complex...

Start with the 7th House as the 1st marriage and go counterclockwise around the wheel, skipping every other house, to see all other marriages. To find out more about your first marriage partner, turn your horoscope wheel upside down so that the Seventh House is on the left side, where the First house is normally located. Then, Re-number the houses. House number 7 becomes house 1, the 8th house becomes house 2, and so on. Now read that chart as if it were the horoscope of your marriage partner.
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/AngularHouses.htm
http://www.astrologyinserbia.com/e/index.html

Synastry & divorce--- really great article, well worth reading-----
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=0OJgX88KKMsC&pg=PA46&lpg=PA46&dq=astrology+2nd+marriage&source=bl&ots=DoV__K_IQS&sig=dI1UAX5oprrQLtfzYUrJ4_XzuKU&hl=en&ei=zBV0SsfnHYqhjAf5rN2nBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Your natal chart is like a photograph as unique as your fingerprint, BUT the 10planets in the sky have not stayed where they were in your natal chart, they have all moved. Predictive astrology is mostly maths where those 10planets are now and the mathematical aspects they make to your natal charts ie: 180'=opposition, 90'=square, 60'=sextile and 120'=trine.

So your personality, grows, develops, changes, matures as we get older, this is reflected by your sun sign changing from it's natal position to the next sign along, so does your Asc and MC sign change. In fact from sun to mars espec are important, as the outer planets really don't move much, using a 'day for a year' secondary progressions.

If you want to research more into Secondary progressions try here
http://cafeastrology.com/secondaryprogressions.html

It's very common for progressed venus onto sun or vice versa to be involved, also the North Node of one person conj second person's sun or moon. Also Vertex is usually involved either natally, by progression or by transit. I use max orb orb 3' between each others planets. To research more on inter-aspects try here. http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html

Astrology is not about sitting home on the couch eating nachos and waiting for the planets to make good things happen in your life. It is always your responsibility to work towards making your own dreams come true. Horoscopes simply help you to schedule your actions for the best possible outcome
http://www.tomorrowsedge.net/virgo-monthly-astrology-horoscope.html

elitegirl8

Hi, I don't know if this helps but I have Venus and Uranus in Scorpio and my relationships start uniquely and suddenly and then end abruptly and quickly. Totally *****!

kaminari

Hi, I don't know if this helps but I have Venus and Uranus in Scorpio and my relationships start uniquely and suddenly and then end abruptly and quickly. Totally *****!

Are they conjunct, what orb?

In synastry, it's interesting. I have been on both sides of the conjunct. As the Venus, I have to let that person go & it's better for my sanity. A "new" kind of love grows. As the Uranus, any talk of love sends me out, feeling trapped. The more freedom I seek, but really, the more I express my individualism, this ignites the other person, the Venus, & they are quite supportive.

Neptune Rising

I have Venus in Aquarius natally so can appreciate the need for freedom in a relationship. Any hint of committment seems to send me running for the hills!

I have an interesting romance starting, his Venus at 3 degree Pisces conjuct my Moon, trine my Uranus at 2 degree Scorpio. When he hinted at being exclusive I simply avoided him - I am exclusive of my own will but not when someone asks me I just feel restricted.

Ive had long term relationships but they are usually different in some way, and quite open, though my Venus is inconjunct my 7th house Saturn, I do also want something stable but never manage to get the balance right so far. I have learned though how to love unconditionally with no expectations from my relationship partner, its the only thing that works for me, just take it as it comes.

C0rnholio

I have Venus in Aquarius natally so can appreciate the need for freedom in a relationship. Any hint of committment seems to send me running for the hills!
I wonder if it's the Venus - Uranus square that is the real issue in your chart than just a Venus in Aquarius.

I also wonder if the progressed charts change anything. Like the progressed natal charts, progressed synastry charts, progressed composite charts. In my experience they do not, and the natal Venus - Uranus hard aspects still override them. :unsure:

Neptune Rising

I wonder if it's the Venus - Uranus square that is the real issue in your chart than just a Venus in Aquarius.

I also wonder if the progressed charts change anything. Like the progressed natal charts, progressed synastry charts, progressed composite charts. In my experience they do not, and the natal Venus - Uranus hard aspects still override them. :unsure:

My Venus is at 12 degree Aquarius, its quite a wide square to the Uranus, though I was considering this square recently.

I think its worthwile looking at the progressed chart, and in comparison to the natal so get a better idea. I have progressed Venus square natal Mars which could also explain my odd experiences in romance these last few years. I guess the natal aspect is the one you were born with, I'd like to learn how the progressed chart influences the present.

C0rnholio

My Venus is at 12 degree Aquarius, its quite a wide square to the Uranus, though I was considering this square recently.
Oh, that Uranus square is to Mercury, and it is a separating square, which means there won't be a square in a progressed chart. But... that Mercury is conjunct your Venus, and you did sound kinda weird when you said that you ran for the hills only after the guy said that he wanted to be exclusive with you. This is weird to me. So perhaps both your Mercury and Venus square that Uranus.

I know many consider that the astro.com orbs are too wide, but in my chart pretty much all my orbs too wide. If I made them too narrow then there wouldn't be any interesting astrological aspects to study. ;)

Last edited:

I have an interesting romance starting, his Venus at 3 degree Pisces conjuct my Moon, trine my Uranus at 2 degree Scorpio. When he hinted at being exclusive I simply avoided him - I am exclusive of my own will but not when someone asks me I just feel restricted.

Ive had long term relationships but they are usually different in some way, and quite open, though my Venus is inconjunct my 7th house Saturn, I do also want something stable but never manage to get the balance right so far. I have learned though how to love unconditionally with no expectations from my relationship partner, its the only thing that works for me, just take it as it comes.

I have this same aspect and I really don't think you can blame your issues of freedom with this aspect, it must be the venus/aqu square uranus....
Plus your Saturn is conj 8th house cusp, which suggests your partners may not be keen on sharing their resources with you and poss you look for older, responsible type men (with Sun in Cappi) and mars in Saggi (another freedom loving sign) Also your sun squ uranus (I have this to) can be on my list of divorce aspects and can bring impatience, but also wanting to do something unusual that involves the pride/ego (and in your case) that increases your personal beliefs, values and how you earn your money perhaps? So there are lots of different things in your chart suggests this strong need for freedom and independence.

Plus your saturn is quincunx to venus/mercury. Now this venus/saturn can create a personal anxiety and doubts about relationships and also lack of affection in childhood is quite possible. Mine personally occasionally surfaces that men/father/authority figures don't always understand what gives me pleasure. So they may humour you but not quite understand....

Saturn/mercury can make a person unsure of themselves when communicating and not very good at saying what they mean and this creates all sorts of communications problems. Lack confidence and staying power

I think all saturn - venus contacts can be 'over loving,giving' by way of compensation and they may always feel that they have to give out twice as much as they receive back. Obviously, this lack of confidence stems from childhood and contacts with father :surprised:

Neptune Rising

Ah I wish I could move that Saturn sometimes, but its there to love...

Thanks AS50 and Cornholio.

Well maybe I will consider this a square. :sad: Makes me a bit of a weirdo when it comes to love :biggrin:, this is true though and I'm used to it and accept it now. I dont know why I wanted to run for the hills when this guy wanted to be serious, probably because its so new, and maybe I'm unsettled. I know my relationships are always going to be unconventional they always have been, but I'm happy with the wonderful things they teach.

Looking back, I had such a fantastic love with a guy a year ago, I now see his Uranus was opposite my Venus. It still strikes my heart strings but ended so suddenly, I mourned the loss of that for months because it was such an elated time we had together! It took a fling with another guy to help cut those strings.

Astro50 all you say is true, I have to put effort into communicating clearly, I do lack confidence in that and in love and affection. My natal Sun is ingoing square to Uranus, that could explain the departure of my father at around age 7, progressed Sun would have squared Uranus exact then! Progressed Sun is now trine Uranus. hopefully this helps a bit. Lol perhaps its bringing more unconventional men into my life suddenly!