your astrological enemy

noideaaboutastro

I can't do those cool little signs:

So Sun in Sag
Moon in Pisces
Mercury in Sag
Venus in Capricorn
Mars in Virgo

Taurus ASC (Templeton, you are my enemy:ninja:!)

I'm not sure about this. I don't mind Sagittariuses. It's Virgos I generally do not get along with.

Kerrie

lol Im a Venus in Capricorn!

Ok mine are...

Asc - Libra
Sun - Virgo
Moon - Scorpio
Mercury - Virgo
Venus - Cancer
Mars - Virgo

Maybe a Virgo would be a little annoying for me. I have dated Virgo's with it prominant, I think I must get attracted to them or something! My partner has Virgo Asc with Sco Moon, lol.. they say opposite Moons are ok, just a small clash... thank god.

Often our evil nemesis can teach us valuable lessons :sick: I am fine with my opposites, it's just that often I feel Virgo puts to much detail, fine work, analysing and mental energy that they lose all soul and you need to escape the drudgery now and again. Virgo pays attention to detail, and daily routine whereas Pisces gets lost and needs clarity. My Venus in Capricorn could do with opening her feelings now and again, and my Mars in Aquarius needs to assert his own individuality.

Enough of my niceness. Now to list the evils :devil:.

:sun: in :virgo: (my partner and child) which also makes me their astrological enemy.
:moon: in :virgo: aww I like Moon in Virgo.
:mercury: in :virgo: my favourite astrologer has this placement.
:venus: in :cancer: I like this placement too.
:mars: in :leo: I had a forum clash with a girl/woman with this placement grrr my astrological enemy.

Frank

Sun in Leo - No issues I can recall (but I always make sure I give them a title and let them think they are in charge).

Moon in Pisces - Sometimes issues with them being over-sensitive and taking logical arguments personally. But since my Mercury is in Pisces, not a huge issue.

Mercury in Virgo - No issues - my Moon is there.

Venus in Cancer - No issues that I'm aware of.

Mars in Cancer - YES. They don't know how to disagree without being disagreeable. They can't fight fairly - they always have to make personal attacks against me rather than listening to the logical points I'm making. If their Mars is retrograde and in an angle, it's even worse. In my opinion and experience, of course - your mileage may vary. This is probably due to all my Capricorn (Mars, Venus, Saturn, Ascendant) more than anything else. Force meets immovable object.

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

I gather that we're supposed to list planets in opposiste signs as our natal planets, but my "enemies" tend to have different astrological signatures.

A prominant one I've noticed with me is that I tend to tangle with those who express the negative qualities of a Leo Ascendant. I particularly clash with those who seek advancement through any means necessary, who project a false front to gain favor with those whom may help them. Both of my major adversaries in the past two years had this Ascendant sign, although it may simply be coincidence.

However, as Shining Ray wisely observed, our adversaries tend to teach of valuable lessons. My interactions with these two individuals have clarified my values.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Frank

Yes, I don't think the "ooposition/enemy" paradigm really works. There are other factors that are more prevalent. The Mars in Cancer one is the only one that really "works" in my chart - and that's due to a number of additional factors.

natasa812

I do agree with Arian and with Frank - just don`t know the reason (I mean that I can not explain it astrologicaly) but my Astro enemies are generaly:

1. Pisces - I say one thing they understand something different. I speak directly and they just flow away or just leave the room without explanation. This behaviour makes me mad. Also, they are always ``victims`` and they need someone to listen to their fantasy problems... After 2 minutes, they are fine again and I don`t know what happened...

2. Cancers - never could understand the way they talk. Confused feelings, confused situation and general confusion... After a clear question ``Who is confused`` or ``Are YOU confused`` or ``What situation``, more confusion comes on my way so my strong Sagittarian legs just take their way - away...

3. Virgos - wouldn`t say an enemy, communication is possible but it is the obsession with details I can not stand.

aquarius7000

Yes, I don't think the "ooposition/enemy" paradigm really works. There are other factors that are more prevalent.
I agree with this.

I find people with a lot of Aries energy quite 'hot' to handle. From the experience that I have gained, this constellation can make people feel that any and everything revolves around them, thus often trying to connect everything with their 'ownselves' somehow, the big 'I' factor (very first house/Aries like). It's almost like a self-created illusion of prominence (first-house trait) they seem to bask in, usually putting themselves in the forefront, whether it fits the bill or not. They also find it quite hard to take anything even close to criticism at all. Then there is the rashness and losing one's head quite soon, or when something might make them impulsively so angry that the rationale seems to get switched off. Sometimes, though, they realise later themselves that they 'threw' their rashness/anger at the other person without much forethought or considering the situation as a whole. At least, this has been my own personal pretty unpleasant experience.

Scorpio accentuation has also been too intense, controlling (it often has to be just their way) and sometimes a bit bitter to handle, but usually with some planets in Libra, there can be some balance of energies. The Sagittarian 'I know it all' attitude, as someone said above, can also be fairly irritating, at times.

However, I have never much appreciated the use of the word: enemy, so won't use it here either.

:)AQ7

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

I agree with this.

I find people with a lot of Aries energy quite 'hot' to handle. From the experience that I have gained, this constellation can make people feel that any and everything revolves around them, thus often trying to connect everything with their 'ownselves' somehow, the big 'I' factor (very first house/Aries like). It's almost like a self-created illusion of prominence (first-house trait) they seem to bask in, usually putting themselves in the forefront, whether it fits the bill or not. They also find it quite hard to take anything even close to criticism at all. Then there is the rashness and losing one's head quite soon, or when something might make them impulsively so angry that the rationale seems to get switched off. Sometimes, though, they realise later themselves that they 'threw' their rashness/anger at the other person without much forethought or considering the situation as a whole. At least, this has been my own personal pretty unpleasant experience.

What factors in your natal chart do you believe may explain your difficulty with such individuals, aquarius7000?

One of the two individuals I referred to above has a Leo Ascendant and tenth house stellium in Gemini, which includes her natal Sun, Moon, Venus, Jupiter, and perhaps a few other planets I cannot recall. The only indication of adversity I can conceive of is my natal Mars is in Gemini, which is conjunct one or more of these planets. Yet at least a few of these planets sextile my Aries stellium, and there does not seem to be too many squares or oppositions between the planets in our natal charts. Shouldn't such aspects indicate comraderie rather than competition? She was quite spiteful towards me in high school because I possessed greater musical talent, and I would not bow to her authority because, in my opinion, respect must be earned rather than demanded.

Yet I've also cultivated close friendships with individuals who possess Leo stelliums. It just seems that the sign alone sign on the Ascendant, with no supportive astrological influences, tends to raise my shackles and produce the stereotypical Aries behavior aquarius7000 has described. I have no idea why, so I'm quite interested in the development of this thread.

Scorpio accentuation has also been too intense, controlling (it often has to be just their way) and sometimes a bit bitter to handle, but usually with some planets in Libra, there can be some balance of energies.

The other individual whom I described in my previous post has a Scorpio/Libra emphasis. Although the Libra influence balances or rather obscures his ruthless pursuit of personal advancement so it is not immediately apparent to others with whom he curries favor, the combination in conjunction with other facets of his natal chart is not pleasant. He is a master manipulator of people and events, able to gain the most benefit from a situation with the least expenditure of effort. I may have admired his ability to get what he wants if he didn't use me for his own personal gain. Arians are not the only members of the zodiac who possess massive egos.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

GreenMist

Banned
Aquarius would be my enemy... but their wacky innovative nature can be interesting and amusing at times.

I do admire their inventivness, but very much dislike their ideals..and detachment ( a bit of a generalization, don't mean to be unfair to aquarius)

As a pisces it should be virgo for me, but I auctually admire their practicality, attention to detail, hard working and honest in the sense they exist in the real world.

It's interesting Natasha says she considers both pisces and virgo as enemies... ( the virgo habit of attention to detail as the enemy not virgo itself)

You consider pisces enemiees because they misunderstand your directness?... but also dislike the virgo trait of their attention to detail...? maybe it's because the virgo understands your directness and you don't like their answers?

Don't consider saggitarius enemies despite being preachy and a bit righteous :tongue:

Oh yes, and Aries are a bit too rough and combative...

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

You know, I've stepped away from the computer for a few minutes and thought about the possible implications of this thread, the possible negative feelings it may produce. I've read and reread aquarius7000's comments and have applied them to myself, attempting to see myself from multiple angles.

Ultimately, what I've realized is that there is nothing inherently wrong with any astrological sign or planetary placement--even with those signs that irritate or frustrate us.

I could take some of these comments personally, attempt to model myself in a way that's more "acceptable" to them and others who share their viewpoints. I've attempted to do this many times in the past, although I know some will scoff at this idea, perceiving me to be the type of individual who does not modify herself to please others. Whether you accept or rejection this proclamation, I believe the difficulties we've described arise when we do not accept ourselves unconditionally for who we are, when we try to "improve" ourselves for others' benefit. I've noticed that I only exemplify the negative traits of my sign during moments of great insecurity--when I feel disapproval eminating from others through their words, actions, or energetic presence, when they say, this is who you must be to please me.

We can sit in front of our monitors and discuss the characteristics that irk us most--the injustices we have experiences, and the anger and frustration which accompany these memories. Yet what will this accomplish? Reflecting upon these experiences will only hasten their creation in the present moment.

How about if we rephrase the question: What characteristics do you dislike in others, and how does this reflect upon you? In other words, what characteristics do you possess that you cannot accept to such a degree that you project them onto others?

You can answer these questions personally; there is no need to share them with anyone else, unless you're like me, and your life is an open book.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Frank

You know, I've stepped away from the computer for a few minutes and thought about the possible implications of this thread, the possible negative feelings it may produce. I've read and reread aquarius7000's comments and have applied them to myself, attempting to see mymyself from multiple angles.

Ultimately, what I've realized is that there is nothing inherently wrong with any astrological sign or planetary placement--even with those signs that irritate/frustrate us.

Arian Maverick

That's why qualifying remarks are important. "In my opinion", "your mileage may vary, " etc. We are approaching this subjectively - not objectively. What might be true for some (like my complete frustration with Mars in Cancer) may be perceived quite differently by another.

natasa812

As a pisces it should be virgo for me, but I auctually admire their practicality, attention to detail, hard working and honest in the sense they exist in the real world.

It's interesting Natasha says she considers both pisces and virgo as enemies... ( the virgo habit of attention to detail as the enemy not virgo itself)

You consider pisces enemiees because they misunderstand your directness?... but also dislike the virgo trait of their attention to detail...? maybe it's because the virgo understands your directness and you don't like their answers?

Don't consider saggitarius enemies despite being preachy and a bit righteous :tongue:

Please do not take anything personaly. It is just what I wrote - I speak (directly I hope - or Sagittariously bluntly :) ) and Pisces is so ``dreammy`` sometimes that they hear what they want to hear or a better version of reality. It might be better or less painful this way but I just can not do it...

And I know we are being preachy and righteous and bluntly honest (we call it just honesty) and maybe superficial and maybe flirtative (other members call it ``Unable to commit``) and of course ENEMY IS A ``HEAVY`` WORD... I would prefere ``disagreement`` or ``lack of communication`` or ``difficult chaneling`` or something...

About Virgos, sometimes we just loose time with detailes and we will not ACHIEVE OUR TARGETS (this is very Sagittarian I admit...)

Also, Pisces or Cancers are not my enemies - I just communicate better with other signs (Aries, Taurus, Libra, Leo, other Sagittarians on this Forum, Gemmini is also communicative and I find them playful and funny like us, Scorpio is quite harismatic and they also communicate in a sharp and direct way) and I do agree also with another member(s) that this thread brings no good to Forum (ok, I am preaching again and pinpointing to Forum members on how to behave...)

I hope you forgive me for anything I wrote. Didn`t mean to insult anyone...

Sagittariously bluntly ... :)

aquarius7000

What might be true for some (like my complete frustration with Mars in Cancer) may be perceived quite differently by another.
Quite right! Or else we would all have the same, well, enemy. Different people, different charts, different lives and different experiences; and Experiences is what we are trying to share here. Only, it needs a broad mind and outlook to understand that. For instance, it is Green Mist's experience that Aquarius is quite detached (which Aquarius can appear to be on the downside). I would not say that this is stereotypical just because I am an Aquarius myself (the world does not revolve around me and I am not the most important person, who is always being discussed the moment the word Aquarius pops up). EVERYONE is just as free to share his/her experiences like m-any other on this thread, and should not be picked on just because the sign they mention is anyone's Sun/Moon, etc sign. This is really frustrating because it almost seems instillng fear of arguments and robbing another member of his freedom to contribute his experiences. I just have to say this this time.:)

In the past, a lot of fear has been created on this forum the moment ever a sign's negative qualities were mentioned. Some of those sign's individuals just got so hot under the collar using adjectives such as unfair and stereotypical, etc. This would mean that one should stay away from, firstly, creating such threads for fear that 'war' will break out, or simply not participate in them, as it is but obvious that there is some sign that one will pick out of personal experience, which has also been the case here. I mean isn't that why the thread was started: to share our experiences about certain signs. It is amazing how personally sometimes we take others' mere mention of one of the signs based on personal experiences (though they equally participate themselves with their own experiences), forgetting that we are not talking about them, just like they may say that they are not talking about someone else. I have found your post very interesting, Green Mist, as, like the posts of a few others, it explains why/due to which traits you find certain signs difficult instead of just calling them your enemy. It is in no way unfair (this comes from an impersonal and 'detached' Aquarian;)). Thank you for sharing. Personally, I have a 'close' Sagittarian friend, and his only trait that bothers me is the one I mentioned, which, interestingly, he himself agrees, too, as he often gets the same feedback from many others. He is fun to be with, and, when this Aqua gets together with that Sag friend, we rock together. I also have some Scorp friends. Simply mentioning the negative quality of a sign does not automatically imply that that sign has no positive ones.

Am off to check out other interesting threads.

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

It is amazing how personally sometimes we take others' mere mention of one of the signs based on personal experiences (though they equally participate themselves with their own experiences), forgetting that we are not talking about them, just like they may say that they are not talking about someone else.

Regarding aquarius7000's comments, particularly the one I have quoted above, I believe we all need to accept that others have different ways of perceiving the world, and there is an intuitive complement to logical rationalization. Some individuals respond more to the energy of certain words, rather than directly to what is being said--and then they perceive the other individual as being irrational. Rationalization may be worshipped in western society, particularly in the fields of science and medicine, but it is not the only way in which to perceive the world. Intuitive types need to incorporate rationalization to their stylistic way of thinking/behaving, which I believe is the point of her post--but logical types need to incorporate intuition just as much. We can learn much from each other, although we may get into a few arguments along the way :wink:

I've been researching the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator lately, and I've discovered that I am an Introversion-Intuition-Feeling-Perceiving (INFP) type. Feeling-Perceiving types tend to respond negatively to Thinking-Judging types when such types deliver criticism. It's not so much the criticism itself as the way in which it is delivered. INFP's in particular feel a strong need to give and receive positive feedback, and they are affected enormously by the environment in which they work. Thinking-Judging types often have difficulty understanding why Feeling-Perceiving types take things so personally--though, as we've expressed before, there's nothing wrong with either of these types. I hope we're all in agreement on this issue, because sometimes one's words may bely one's true feelings. This, too, is quite frustrating.

I'm thinking about creating a thread about possible connections between the Myers-Briggs type indicator and astrology, if there is sufficient interest.

I actually kind of hate myself so the opposite would be lovely.

This is a profound statement on so many levels, Jenna. No matter which kind of system one may apply--astrological zodiac signs, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, etc--we need our opposites. We need the friction our interactions sometimes cause before we ultimately meld together. It's a beautiful process, although it can appear quite ugly at times.

It is my hope that the conversations on this thread may result in increased understanding, rather than harbored resentment.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Frank

I've been researching the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator lately, and I've discovered that I am an Introversion-Intuition-Feeling-Perceiving (INFP) type. Feeling-Perceiving types tend to respond negatively to Thinking-Judging types when such types deliver criticism. It's not so much the criticism itself as the way in which it is delivered. INFP's in particular feel a strong need to give and receive positive feedback, and they are affected enormously by the environment in which they work.

Oh, quit your crying and do what you're told!

- An ENTJ :smile:

Arian Maverick

Oh, quit your crying and do what you're told!

- An ENTJ :smile:

Yes, sir! :tongue:

I've spoken my piece, and I feel there is nothing more I can contribute to this thread. Thus, I will take aquarius7000's advice and depart. Perhaps there's a feature on the forums to help me. Can one choose to "ignore" certain threads like one may "ignore" a certain member? I don't like the idea of "ignoring" members, but aquarius7000 has a point that certain thread topics may only breed discontent. It would be quite helpful if there was a way for a user to hide such threads from him or herself. It's difficult for some people ignore a thread the old-fashioned way when it stares you in the face repeatedly on the "New Posts" screen.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

divine g

Banned
Interesting post, I just learned that:
1.Aquariuses love to oppose my Leo Ascendant naturally it seems..grrr... My only true enemy for a long time has been an aquarius. Started out as my friend, never hated him, he just hated me.

2. My Gemini sun makes conversations with Virgo suns impossible. Literally awkward silences, both of us have nothing to say.

3. Pisces sun square my gem sun..alot of issues with communication also. Sometimes it's like why bother, it's like speaking another language

4. Taurus and Scorpios..I attract physically to my Leo Ascendant, but that sexual tension usually turns into actual tension. 2 signs I love to hate, we're all fixed signs, so stubborn in admitting we're not good for each other, so keep coming back. At one point I had 3 Tauruses in a row break my heart. My last Taurus girl actually physically caused pain in my heart, I had to see a doctor. They really know how to get to me(esp. my mars in leo..wow)

5.Cancer rules my 12th of secret enemies, so not surprisingly, I dont know any Cancers! But my last girlfriend had moon in Cancer opposite my Capricorn moon, and it definitely turned into direct oppositon to each other emotionally, real adversarial.

But I have learned to be more patient from Tauruses(who take their sweet time writing back to me). I've learned that communication with out words can be more powerful from Pisces. I've learned that there's always someone ready to knock me off my pedestal and to check my ego and be more humble from Aquarius(hey Aq7!). Virgoes taught me the great rewards of paying more attention to detail, and at least coming as close to perfection in my work as a I can. And as a Leo ascendant, I guess I must really look like a Leo and that Leos tend to stay away from me because I dont know any.

All My best friends have been Sages, opp. my gemini sun..we have fights but always seem to be magnetically brought back together..All in all, Virgoes seem to really get on my nerves, but I guess thats just cuz im a gemini..sorry virgoes!:innocent: Oh one more thing, Jupiter in Aries..O-my-God..by definition, HUGE egoes..wow:rolleyes:

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Perhaps there's a feature on the forums to help me. Can one choose to "ignore" certain threads like one may "ignore" a certain member?
I am not aware of an "ignore" feature for threads (as there is one for members), but there is an 'unsubscribe' one. Choosing this will stop new-post notifications, if notiications are received by a member, ie. One might, nonetheless, feel tempted to click on that same unsubscribed thread the moment it appears in the 'New Posts' section, so only 'self-restraint' might help to detach oneself from a thread/topic.

I don't like the idea of "ignoring" members, but aquarius7000 has a point that certain thread topics may only breed discontent.
So that no misunderstandings arise, esp towards the thread poster, I'd like to quickly clarify that I actually was not really saying that certain thread topics cause discontent, but more that some of our reactions might. Having said that, certainly certain topics are more controversial than others. Actually, one should be able to discuss just about any sign/house/planet/aspect (the necessary and basic ingredients of Astrolgy) with both their goods and esp bads without people taking anything personally.

Back to the original topic, I remember reading somewhere that, in a synastry, one should look for what of the other person falls in one's 12th house. Another thing, sometimes we might feel uncomfortable with those, who have that (aspect/placement) what we ourselves do not, as they might make us aware of it. This, if one chooses to see positively, also helps to compensate us with what we ourselves lack, for eg, in a partnership. As they say, opposites attract. Further, people with similar (esp difficult) aspects/placements as ourselves may also make us uncomfortable, as they might reflect our own shortcomings.

Last edited: