Your 5th house and your view on sex and romance

wan

Hello. I just thought of this topic recently, which seemed quite interesting to me and I figure I will ask other members to see how they feel about it. Basically, I am wondering if there is any sort of link between one's 5th house (and its condition, the planet/s that reside in it, its lord and the lord's placement) that in turn influences the native's views on sexuality, romance, and dating in general.

Personally, I have Cancer ruling my 5th house (you can see my chart below). Cancer is known for its romantic, tender-hearted tendencies in love and matters that pertain to the heart, and I have to say this captures how I feel about dating very well. I am not a prude by any means, however I deeply believe that in order to have sex with someone, first there needs to be a firm foundation of love between the two parties involved. Very Cancer-like, right? I am also quite traditional, in the sense that I am not into poly-amorous types of relationships. Nor am I into experiments, partner-swapping, S & M sort of things. Again, quite conservative. Very Cancer-like. My ideal relationship is one where both partners are deeply devoted to each other, and that ideally they will share a home, or a living space. I do not seek fun, excitement, nor variety in the matters of the heart. I want love, hugs, kisses, and tenderness. These are big-time Cancer-themed things, are they not?

Anyway, enough about me. I would like to know what your 5th house is like, and what type of romantic as well as sex life you lead. Let's share our thoughts.

Attachments

• birthchart.gif
    birthchart.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 50

Cardinal

Interesting topic. I have my Mars in Cancer and share similar views. I have Sagittarius on my fifth house. It's ruler, Jupiter, is in Virgo in my second house. I am a stickler for a partner who has a functional moral compass. Hard to find these days. I am also a 'clean freak' (germaphobic Virgo influence I guess). None of this is Sag influence. I am attracted to partners who can hold their own in a philosophical conversation or who are good teachers.
I should also mention I have Saturn in Sag at 12 degrees but it is located in my 4th house. Not sure what if any influence it has on the fifth.

Attachments

• astro_24gw_pat_20171128.4204.58717.jpg
    astro_24gw_pat_20171128.4204.58717.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 32

creepingcreepily

Capricorn rules my 5th house and, I personally am very open sexually and, am not very conservative when it comes to such things(into S&M, bdsm,exhibitionism, partner swapping, etc). I think having eros in my 5th house could probably be the cause of how open I am, that and the other apparently very sexual placements I have(Aries in Mars in the 8th, lust in the 3rd, nymphe and psyche in the first)

I tend to prefer very casual relationships, I think relationships are more about entertainment than, love or, emotional closeness. having my Venus in Aquarius in the 5th could explain that perhaps. I also, have a tendency for strange, non traditional relationships; polyamory, undefinable relationships,etc. friendships and, romantic relationships tend to not be that different from each other for me. I probably wouldn't be considered a romantic by most.

wan

Capricorn rules my 5th house and, I personally am very open sexually and, am not very conservative when it comes to such things(into S&M, bdsm,exhibitionism, partner swapping, etc). I think having eros in my 5th house could probably be the cause of how open I am, that and the other apparently very sexual placements I have(Aries in Mars in the 8th, lust in the 3rd, nymphe and psyche in the first)

I tend to prefer very casual relationships, I think relationships are more about entertainment than, love or, emotional closeness. having my Venus in Aquarius in the 5th could explain that perhaps. I also, have a tendency for strange, non traditional relationships; polyamory, undefinable relationships,etc. friendships and, romantic relationships tend to not be that different from each other for me. I probably wouldn't be considered a romantic by most.

This is probably due to your Venus in Aquarius in the 5th. Venus in the 5th house is powerfully placed.

wan

Interesting topic. I have my Mars in Cancer and share similar views. I have Sagittarius on my fifth house. It's ruler, Jupiter, is in Virgo in my second house. I am a stickler for a partner who has a functional moral compass. Hard to find these days. I am also a 'clean freak' (germaphobic Virgo influence I guess). None of this is Sag influence. I am attracted to partners who can hold their own in a philosophical conversation or who are good teachers.
I should also mention I have Saturn in Sag at 12 degrees but it is located in my 4th house. Not sure what if any influence it has on the fifth.

Your Saturn is in an exact square to my Saturn.

creepingcreepily

Eh, I guess? I'm not sure what exactly you're saying that about tbh. I tend to count my Venus as in the 5th and, 6th cause it's right at the very end of the 5th.

Abby83

Hello. I just thought of this topic recently, which seemed quite interesting to me and I figure I will ask other members to see how they feel about it. Basically, I am wondering if there is any sort of link between one's 5th house (and its condition, the planet/s that reside in it, its lord and the lord's placement) that in turn influences the native's views on sexuality, romance, and dating in general.

Personally, I have Cancer ruling my 5th house (you can see my chart below). Cancer is known for its romantic, tender-hearted tendencies in love and matters that pertain to the heart, and I have to say this captures how I feel about dating very well. I am not a prude by any means, however I deeply believe that in order to have sex with someone, first there needs to be a firm foundation of love between the two parties involved. Very Cancer-like, right? I am also quite traditional, in the sense that I am not into poly-amorous types of relationships. Nor am I into experiments, partner-swapping, S & M sort of things. Again, quite conservative. Very Cancer-like. My ideal relationship is one where both partners are deeply devoted to each other, and that ideally they will share a home, or a living space. I do not seek fun, excitement, nor variety in the matters of the heart. I want love, hugs, kisses, and tenderness. These are big-time Cancer-themed things, are they not?

Anyway, enough about me. I would like to know what your 5th house is like, and what type of romantic as well as sex life you lead. Let's share our thoughts.

Aww that’s so sweet.

Wow, your post just made me realise something. As soon as a slow moving planet enters my 5th house it forms a grand cross which involves my father, me, my partner, and Chiron or any other person who represent this. So, combined with being in Pisces this combination starts off with a pain, a deep pain which later leads to an overflowing cup of fun and sexual fulfillment to relieve that pain. It leads to lots of fantasies. But natally, my 5th ruler is in good aspect to me and my hb. We like to play, but it has taken a while to evolve. I’m turned on by neptunian eras. I love stately houses or castles with large paintings of cherub children with chubby bodies and the adults have full fluids figures.

Abby83

Oh yeah, Eros does play a part. Like I have Eros in Leo in 10th and I get turned on by the thought of the combo of public and hidden. As is nearly visible but still secret.

Cardinal

Your Saturn is in an exact square to my Saturn.

Wow. Let's not get married then :wink:
My first husband had his Saturn exactly opposite mine. That is actually good relationship 'glue' unfortunately our moons squared and I couldn't stand living with him.

I currently have an "intense friendship" with a man whose Mars is a dead on hit conjunct my Saturn.

CapAquaPis

My Uranus in Scorpio-5th squares Aquarius sun/moon-8th, and I have a more open mind and views on human sexuality, but knows what's socially acceptable. I believe in the importance of marriage not based on traditional or religious views. And I have nothing against polyamory, but I wouldn't participate in it.

My fifth house is in Taurus. I don't have any planets there, however.

For me, I am very traditional. I want to have a marriage and I don't want to have children outside of marriage.

I'm also very traditional when it comes to gender roles in a relationship. I like to cook for my lovers and take care of them. I enjoy playing a 50s housewife if you will!

Lykanized

5th house in Capricorn with Uranus and Neptune
I can see some Saturnian influence in that I can be very serious about romance. I don't invest myself too easily in people. My Venus in Gemini makes me playful and flirtatious and I'm a very sexual person, but when it comes to romance, things are serious to me

However, I'm very openminded and experimental. I'll try anything and everything sexually and I need a partner who's similar in the mentality. Someone who will even engage in threesomes or group sex. But my partner will always be my main focus. I've been in poly relationships, but I'm a monogamist. When I give myself to someone, I give them my all

I don't judge when it comes to sexuality. I have some kinks involving blood and fire and I love to just be free. But sex is also very intimate and sensual to me. Even in experimenting, there's something special because I've found someone with whom I can be free and just explore. I could never deal with someone who was vanilla and never wanted to try new things

I'm a bit of an exhibitionist too but also enjoy teasing and turning on my partner in public

I get turned on by deep conversation where all the boundaries have been removed and we're just revealing our minds to each other. I love knowing peoples' demons and what makes them imperfect so that I can love that part of them. I need deep emotional and mental intimacy

Marriage is symbolic to me and I think it'd be special to marry my soulmate, but it's not a requirement for me

Hkk

Account Closed
Aquarius in 5th house, no aspects and no placements. Venus in 3rd sag.

I want a loving solid relationship:marriage and be together forever. Romantic and caring. Not what Aquarius is normally about. Progressions must come Into play

helike13

Mars conjunct Saturn in 5th house in Scorpio. In Placidus I have Pluto in the 5th in Libra 29°

I'm still virgin at 35 (almost 36).

Hkk

Account Closed
Yes, same as you.

Ooh u remember! There are not many of us on here I don’t think. I found a thread about libra rising. An interesting one- no fickleness

So interested to know, your 5t house being the same in Aquarius, do u feel like your 5th house played out in Aquarian way? As I do t feel mine is, only as I feel progressions have taken over

Hkk

Account Closed

Wan, it’s so lovely what you describe as your 5th house . It’s interesting as I feel this way and my 5th is aquarius. I wonder what makes me feel that way, your way, yet my 5th is so different