Yods created by sextile between Neptune & Pluto

Krewster

Maybe PM me if you want an image of your chart showing majors and most minors up through the semi-decile mixed in the wheel graphic.

While the Yod is tight, the Western hemisphere planets are making 20-ish aspects among themselves tighter than 1.30-ish orb, many of them triangulating the Sat oppo Merc/Ven.

Hopefully those triangulators may serve as ?release? vents, possibly better deployed after identification.

Last edited:

APL4444

I just found this information about the aspects that form the Yod. (http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/)

Saturn quincunx Neptune
You may have wonderful, spiritual experiences, dreams and ideals that are dear to you, but it seems like you can find no way to give practical expression to them in your life. Maybe you can[FONT=&quot]’[/FONT]t reconcile your mystical experiences with the traditions of your culture and must dream in isolation. Maybe you doubt the reality of your insights and intuitions, thereby rendering them ineffectual. You probably make significant effort to bridge the gap between spirituality and practicality, only to find the results unsatisfactory or impermanent. Many adjustments are required, but the effort will sharpen your awareness and produce personal growth.
Saturn quincunx Pluto
You have a very conservative, cautious and responsible side, and also a side that deeply desires change and transformation. There is some sort of paradox or riddle Implied in bringing the two influences into harmony. They seem to have little connection or common ground. You may feel conflicted or frustrated over your seeming inability to find a balance or resolution. It is Important to find a creative way to satisfy both needs. This is a challenging but very creative energy that requires many adjustments and produces considerable personal growth.
Neptune trine or sextile Pluto
You are a natural born midwife of the spirit, having the need and natural ability to transform and transmute the deepest reaches of your being. You have great compassion, understanding and imagination, as well as a profound acceptance of and reverence for the cycles of life, death, rebirth and transformation. This suits you to be the gentle surgeon, who can support and nurture while also testing and tempering. It is your role to penetrate through illusion and uncover the bare, unvarnished truth. Any work in the area of depth psychology would be ideal for you.

In the end, all the tension caused by the Yod, erupts thoughs through the Saturn - Merc/Ven axis. It is as the Merc/Ven conjuction were the voice of the Yod. A big challenge, however, is caused by the same opposition. Because Saturn is in opposition to the Merc/Ven conjunction, noboody wants to hear what I have to say. :-D

kimbermoon

I totally agree with Natasha: "The Yods involved with the Pluto/Neptune sextiles can be very powerful. Can trigger an event which is somehow fated or has the aspect of the fork in the road feel." it is often referred to as the Finger of God/Fate...
I am of the Leo/Pluto and Libra/Neptune generation also but my Yod lies elsewhere with Venus/Leo at the apex with Moon/Pisces and Mars/Capricorn sextile. In my own view of it I found that in early life I became somewhat of an advocate for Women's rights, as I was witness to many experiences of domestic abuse and the oppression of women. Perhaps it had to do with having 3 brothers who liked to torment and tease me while young, due to my Pisces sensitivities. When I finally accessed my Mars in Capricorn, I learned to really try to mediate in situations where women were being oppressed by their husbands, within my circle of relationships while I was married. In turn, this served to stir up the ire of the husbands, though. I was emotionally abused myself, but never allowed it to escalate to physical abuse, and that too caused me to be an advocate as well. On a more personal level it was about my relationships particularly in terms of my sister and my daughters[ both represented by Venus] which have been fraught with difficulty and misunderstandings. As per the Pluto/Neptune generational input, I think ours was about the 're-empowerment of women' by releasing the concept of women as being naive and passive. It was a time of defusing the Neptunian illusions in that regard, by the patriarchal society. Hidden within this aspect was about realizing the true Healing power of Love [Pluto] and the gaining of more spiritual awareness to offset the system of 'ego demands and fulfilment'. On it's monthly trek, when the moon transits Pisces, as the transiting apex of this Yod, I find myself more empowered and creative and being more compassionate and giving to others.

Krewster

Your Merc/Ven being the voice of your Yod resonates with me bec they are the personal planets affected by the config.
But the spiritual/transformation type words in the net materials you found are obfuscatory bunk for my own astro self-labelling purposes and even if you choose to embrace them, how would they help you to better understand the practical implications of any particular aspect.

As for the “nobody hears what I wanna say” syndrome, I hope you identified and discarded the portion of that feeling more properly attributable to the human condition before using the oppo as an astro self-label unique to you. How about imagining that the Merc/Ven udecile Pluto means you’ve a tendency towards expressing intensely that turns people away, even though the 30 to Nept means you got tremendous insights (total guess).

Or how about refocusing away from how the Yod may add tension to your oppo and towards how some of the other fusion “yods” surrounding that oppo may release it (e.g., the fusion triangle 150, 144, bi-undecile among Nept, Sat and Jup which Merc/Ven also turns into an asymmetrical boomerang via the lovely deciles Jup makes to the personals).

Last edited:

APL4444

Hi Kimbermoon.

Thank you so much for posting in this thread. Your post certainly bring a wonderful insights about the Yod.

Would be possible for you to attach your birth chart to your post? I have trouble concentrating on written words (ADHD) and therefore cannot visualize the aspects of which you are talking. However, I want to see it very much so I will be able to understand better your insights and teachings.

Thanks a lot !

APL4444

Hi Krewster.

THis last post is so packed with questions and suggestions that it would easily take me hours to answer all of them. Therefore, for this time, I will do what I do when I am under stress: summarize and be pragmatic.

But the spiritual/transformation type words in the net materials you found are obfuscatory bunk for my own astro self-labelling purposes and even if you choose to embrace them, how would they help you to better understand the practical implications of any particular aspect.

It is just like when you have a tool and, for some reason, you don't know what the tool is and how to use it. Then, someone eventually tells you, or you find the handbook. Then, everything makes sense instantaneously. You don't feel lost anymore, you understand it immediately and can make use of the tool. When I read those description that I posted, it was the perfect fit.

As for the “nobody hears what I wanna say” syndrome, I hope you identified and discarded the portion of that feeling more properly attributable to the human condition before using the oppo as an astro self-label unique to you.
Because I have been through the same loop many-many-many times. How about imagining that the Merc/Ven udecile Pluto means you’ve a tendency towards expressing intensely that turns people away, even though the 30 to Nept means you got tremendous insights (total guess)

I have been through the same loop many-many-many times. People think what I have to say very interesting and find me a pleasant and fun person. However, regardless all the interest, they make no effort to keep in touch and do not respond to my efforts either. They don't do it out of repulsion but seemingly out of aloofness. Nobody contacts me at home, nor invite me for a coffee, just hang out, or even acknowledge my Facebook posts :-D I feel like it is a pattern that is in someway teaching me how to develop the capacity of being in the World and not belong to the World in a mature and balanced way.

Or how about refocusing away from how the Yod may add tension to your oppo and towards how some of the other fusion “yods” surrounding that oppo may release it (e.g., the fusion triangle 150, 144, bi-undecile among Nept, Sat and Jup which Merc/Ven also turns into an asymmetrical boomerang via the lovely deciles Jup makes to the personals).

If you could expand on the Jupiter possibilities, it would be infinitely appreciated because I feel that Jupiter pretty much as almost dull since it spends most of its energy controlling the negative side of Pluto. Besides that, Virgo is the sign of detriment for Jupiter. When I research on what Jupiter in Virgo is supposed to mean, I do not identify myself with it at all.

I guess I did not summarize as efficiently as I thought I would. But, oh well, all is well.

B I G T H A N K S, Krewster ! You are a very kind soul. You are helping me a lot !

Krewster

My familiars have no Jup 36 Merc and only one Jup 36 Ven (the allowable orb, after all, is slightly more than one degree) and that latter is visual art oriented/talented.

Quite a few more Jup 72 Merc or Ven and the former all have as much smarts as you'd want in a friend while the latter are all over-the-top gracious in the way they host or even just check up on how others are doing.

...thanks for your interest in the details (e.g., tighter orbs helping to sharpen the silhouette of what is being studied).

serafin5

Hi, Serafin.

Please, post your chart. Maybe, if we discuss about each other's chart, we can come up with important insights.

By the way, I just found out that the BOOMERANG Pattern in my chart is a FAN pattern too.

It feels like this party has just started. :-D

Thanks a lot for answering.

Hi APL4444!

I know I'm late getting back to you and I'm so sorry about that and I haven't been able to post my chart either but my date of birth is Feb. 19, 1964, LA Calif at 11:30pm. I would be most honored to hear what you have to say about my Yod.

Blessings to you always.
Serafin5

Krewster

Not seeing a Yod in Serafin5's chart (only Jup 150 Nept is tight enough-orbed; since an almost 5 degrees loose sextile base is beyond consideration and between transpersonals anywho).

Perhaps the most interesting triangle in the chart is the 45-90-45 among Sat-Moon-Ven.

serafin5

Not seeing a Yod in Serafin5's chart (only Jup 150 Nept is tight enough-orbed; since an almost 5 degrees loose sextile base is beyond consideration and between transpersonals anywho).

Perhaps the most interesting triangle in the chart is the 45-90-45 among Sat-Moon-Ven.

Hi Krewster!
Sat, Moon, Venus in my chart? Honestly I didn't know that was an issue as I thought I have gone over my chart with a fine touth comb. I was under the impression that I have a Yod between Mercury and Venus sextile, Quincunx Pluto?

Thank you for helping out here!
Serafin5

PS I knew Moon and Saturn had problems but never noticed Venus in the mix; what does this mean to you?

Krewster

Yes, the Merc 150 Pluto is tight enough while the 56-ish degree "distance" between your Merc and Ven is far enough beyond exact orb to "cause" Ven to lie 152 degrees from Pluto (i.e., closer to a tri-septile than an inconjunct).

Hopefully you can test this yourself (i.e., that your own perception of your Ven has less or no Pluto influence compared to your Merc).

As for Ven midpoint/apexing your Moon 90 Sat (to make the 45-90-45 micro T-square), just add into what you perceive about the 90 some Ven attributes/experiences and you'll likely find some correlation.

I could remotely guess about this triangle's impact on your love life and/or relationship with money but your Ven also enjoys lying novile from your Sun/Mars and separately your Moon enjoys a novile from Jup. Perhaps your feedback could be a test case which is stronger: the octile or the novile...?

serafin5

Yes, the Merc 150 Pluto is tight enough while the 56-ish degree "distance" between your Merc and Ven is far enough beyond exact orb to "cause" Ven to lie 152 degrees from Pluto (i.e., closer to a tri-septile than an inconjunct).

Hopefully you can test this yourself (i.e., that your own perception of your Ven has less or no Pluto influence compared to your Merc).

As for Ven midpoint/apexing your Moon 90 Sat (to make the 45-90-45 micro T-square), just add into what you perceive about the 90 some Ven attributes/experiences and you'll likely find some correlation.

I could remotely guess about this triangle's impact on your love life and/or relationship with money but your Ven also enjoys lying novile from your Sun/Mars and separately your Moon enjoys a novile from Jup. Perhaps your feedback could be a test case which is stronger: the octile or the novile...?

Hi Krewster!
I really appreciate all of the work you've put into my chart, and I promise I am not a novice astrologer, but I have usually only paid most attention to major aspects as I have read that all of the other aspects, such novile and tri-septiles, are too subtle to be felt. In many ways I am a novice as I have been studying Traditional Astrology, and also the whole issue about Pluto is it a planet? I don't know; it's daunting. Also, I have never attempted to aspect my Natal chart with their Mid-points; not sure how to interpret those either. So if you don't mind maybe you can share your insights and I can confirm or deny possible influence? I would appreciate this a lot!

Blessings to you!
Serafin5

Krewster

You can probably test at home whether Pluto is a planet or not but asking yourself whether your Merc has any Plutonion feeling to its behavior/experiences (in contrast to its otherwise Neptunian bent).

Funny/ironic how many people keep at the forefront of their considerations that minor aspect influences are subtle enough to ignore without peril while blatantly ignoring the generally accepted reality that the influence of loose-orbed, major aspects is also subtle (or non-existant).

Wasn't referring to midpoint exercises but, rather, using that term to attract you to the fact that Ven lies equidistant from both ends of your Moon 90 Sat (forming the 45-90-45 micro T-square). That's gotta have a dampening affect on your love life and/or finances (looking back by hindsight though your current life status may have mellowed by now).

As earlier mentioned, however, Ven is novile from your Mars/Sun (which would have a roughly opposite affect from the above-mentioned "red" triangle).

In the worst case, these two influences combined could make you fully aware at the highest virtual levels of the wonders of love and yet, down on the ground, the frequency with which you are able to enjoy being vulnerable is insufficient.

But you probably have a better story to tell, right...?

Last edited:

serafin5

You can probably test at home whether Pluto is a planet or not but asking yourself whether your Merc has any Plutonion feeling to its behavior/experiences (in contrast to its otherwise Neptunian bent).

Funny/ironic how many people keep at the forefront of their considerations that minor aspect influences are subtle enough to ignore without peril while blatantly ignoring the generally accepted reality that the influence of loose-orbed, major aspects is also subtle (or non-existant).

Wasn't referring to midpoint exercises but, rather, using that term to attract you to the fact that Ven lies equidistant from both ends of your Moon 90 Sat (forming the 45-90-45 micro T-square). That's gotta have a dampening affect on your love life and/or finances (looking back by hindsight though your current life status may have mellowed by now).

As earlier mentioned, however, Ven is novile from your Mars/Sun (which would have a roughly opposite affect from the above-mentioned "red" triangle).

In the worst case, these two influences combined could make you fully aware at the highest virtual levels of the wonders of love and yet, down on the ground, the frequency with which you are able to enjoy being vulnerable is insufficient.

But you probably have a better story to tell, right...?

I'm not sure if it is indeed a better story at all. I have had a pretty rough time of it my entire life. However, I can boast like the poem that at times "have sucked the marrow from life"; in other words I have been fortunate to have loved deeply and have been deeply loved. But yes, there have been issues, a lot of them, and trust and being vulnerable is just one.

As far as a "Pluto tinged Mercury" I'm not sure what that means as far as I'm concerned but I do know that my Scorpio Asc. colors my life a tad more than just being my "mask". I am a very frank person, but not hurtful, and I am very honest as I am the worst liar, and I believe I have a firm grasp of reality, my reality anyway as I have no illusions. I used to have issues with anger but I am so much better.

You're right about the so-called "less subtle aspects"; hindsight is always 20/20, right? But you know I am a self-taught astrologer; we had no internet nor were there astrology classes at the local college in 1980 so I did the best I could with a few books from my local book store and/or library. But I can honestly say that I have learned more here at AW since I joined than in all of those years put together.:biggrin:

Thank you for all your help!
Serafin5

Last edited:

Nectarfizz

My Yod is

Mars in 7 Taurus
Pluto in 6 Libra
Neptune in 8 Sagittarius

I don't have a clue what that means.

I also have a Kite and Grand Trine. Yay.

Taurus82

Oh dear i have a yod but dont know the astrologic explanation of it.
Could/ would somebody be of help to gain me insight?
My whole life seems depressing and full of painful lessons and experiences.
Time of birth 20:25 born in helmond, netherlands. 4th of may 1982.
Thank you in advance.
I'll answer you honestly with reflection of my experiences.
All i can say many peoples life has changed after spending time with me..
Some have bad projections of me, attack me about it but its reflecting themselves..
Dont always know how to deal with that.

Tia

Since Neptune and Pluto have been in almost continuous sextile since the early-mid 1940's, then a large number of Yod formations of those born since this time will have Neptune sextile Pluto as the base of the Yod, with a faster moving planet as the apex.

As I read it, this sextile bestows a number of generations of people with the opportunity for opening up to others, and allowing boundaries between people to be dissolved (Neptune), for the purpose of allowing what is hidden, dark, even perhaps dangerous (Pluto) into the light. Put simply, the sextile is found on the natal charts of most of those born from 1943 onwards, and it brings with it the possibility and potential for enormous spiritual growth both personally, and globally.

Those who have Yods formed from a planet - natal, progr or transiting - inconjunct both Neptune and Pluto will have to use this sextile perhaps more consciously than others.

I'm opening this thread for others to tell their own Neptune-Pluto-???? stories, and I am also hoping that others with knowledge will visit in order to help out those who are struggling with theirs. My aim is to broaden the base of the Yod-education of us all. I am certainly one who needs this.

The stories of natal configurations are interesting, but do not overlook the temporary Yod formations, as they can produce struggle, obstacles, and opportunities for complete life turn-around - whether you want this or not.

I have a natual yod
Apex point is -venus/chiron
Neptune Quincunx -venus/chiron
Pluto Quincunx -venus/chiron
Neptune sextile pluto at the base of the yod.
I have had continuous challenging experience.
Retarding relationships and love.
Neptune Quincunx venus illusions in not seeing people for who they are allowing them to abuse & deceated me.
Pluto quincunx -venus\chiron
Power boundarys objectifying transforming subconscious beliefs.

Pluto sextile Neptune definitely learning to be concuous
Threw relationship dynamics patterns
Lots and lots of hurt pain brokenness...
Tying to understand my yod has def helped me become more conscious.
And i was abel to process dark and the pain with consciousness of the sextile energys.

Natual Yod apex Venus/chiron
Wounded on love
Neptune quincunx venus/chiron
Pluto Quincunx venus/chiron
Neptune sextile pluto base of yod.
Path back to self love threw pain.

Last edited by a moderator:

yodtake2

Pluto in Scorpio sextile Neptune in Capricorn (1984)
Here in the UK, this was the time when the emerging "Me first" culture was replaced almost overnight with one of "Me only"......An awful time, when government (Capricorn) consisted of hidden agendas (Scorpio) which ensured the left and right hands were unaware of the other's actions (but certain that self-interest was the motivation).......So, my guess is that the generation born and raised during this sextile are here to "transform the Establishment/status quo".....since most will have received a strong message from their parents that "government's cannot be trusted to act in the best interests of the people".

:smile:
The following is the foundational base of my yod. Pluto is in my 4H in Scorpio, and Neptune in the 6H. The apex of the node is both my moon and jupiter (conjunct by 4 degrees), which I am wondering if this is two separate yods ? This thread is great and I am trying to step into understand my yod to harness it's power for the betterment of humanity. I hope y'all are still active on here...apologies for the 13 year delay !