Yod in synastry.. holy cow!!

kaminari

Hi astrologers, students of astrology,

I'm feeling kind of impatient & don't want to "wait & see what happens"

I don't know if this should go on the 'aspects' board or synastry, so I'm putting it here.

I noticed something very strange. I recently pulled up a chart of a friend of mine, known her about three years or so. We aren't close friends, just in a big circle of friends, but I always noticed something different about her, the look in her eyes.

We met under very strange circumstances (through her friend) & I see her rarely, but since I've known her she's been talking about singing, wanting my help (used to be in a band, got fired LOL). Every time I see her she's talking about singing & eventually she's doing it, getting on stage.

She asked through the Internet about love, to inspire a song. I feel like she's beginning to focus her energy on me & from my side as well. So, when I pulled up her chart & notice she has a Yod (I don't have a birthtime).

And, I also notice that my planet Saturn & IC are conjunct her Sun, the apex. Also, some of my stellium in Scorpio is opposite the apex, at the midpoint of the sextile. I've been doing some research & wonder what this means. This is not a synastry question, really. But as a friend, I'm wondering if I'm helping her activate her Yod.

Midpoint of the sextile:
I got this fro http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yod_(astrology):

The Midpoint of the sextile is also a very sensitive point in the chart, as transiting planets, when conjunct this Midpoint, will then be in opposition to the quincunxed planet. This situation can trigger major events and the true power of the Yod will then be realized.

Gwenyhfair

I´ve read on this forum that some of the more active astrologers here do not think a yod in synastry is to be taken into account.

On the other hand, it´s commonly stated that synastry with inconjuncts are to be noticed. Your question, if you as a friend activate her yod - I cannot say,

In my case there is a sextile between two slow moving outer planets, which means most persons born the same year has the same sextile, and thus they are supposingly activating my yod. I´m not sure about this...

About the yod being activated, it´s not just that simple as said. The moon for instance transits the Midpoint, the apex all the time. And often also venus, merc, sun, mars. Hardly, everytime this happens a major life changing event happens, or a new era begins. No, I´d say that happens either when outer planets transit the apex planet, or such a planet conjuct or makes another major aspect to a planet that is inconjunct the apex planet.

kaminari

OMG Neptune in Aquarius squaring my Scorpio Moon is totally messing with me.

I started the thread but didn't finish, wasn't even sure I wanted to post it yet. I left the window open on my work computer, to let the thought germinate, give me more time to research the Yod. Never intended to post yet, maybe not ever. Chart is at work. Please forgive me, I'll respond tomorrow with the charts & more info.

So strange, I never pressed 'send'.

kaminari

I´ve read on this forum that some of the more active astrologers here do not think a yod in synastry is to be taken into account.

I've heard that if a yod is formed in synastry chart of two people, it's not significant. I'm curious why it's not. I think everything in synastry has some kind of significance.

In this case, natally she has the yod, but it's not that tight. You can see from the charts I attached that my Saturn/IC is conjunct her Sun, the apex planet. And my stellium in Scorpio opposes the apex.

I´d say that happens either when outer planets transit the apex planet, or such a planet conjuct or makes another major aspect to a planet that is inconjunct the apex planet.

Yeah, I think my Saturn has some kind of role in this. Also transit Neptune, the God who has been messing with my Scorpio stellium LOL, is also now squaring her Sun, probably causing her a lot of confusion in life.

From what you have already said, kaminari, she has a Yod. Her Sun is the apex. Your Saturn conjuncts her Sun...So it makes sense to me if you could be some good influence for her in helping her structuring and giving form to her projects. :smile:

Yeah, I agree. But it's also causing me a little tension. I've never met anyone thus far with such tense aspects, but I'm going to go with the flow (N. node Pisces yeah baby) & see what happens.

Btw,

She called me again last night & continues to talk to me about singing. I'm not a singer but I've known a lot of naturally talented ones. She's not one of those & I think she knows it. So she's really working hard. Yet she really seems like she's searching for some answer from me, some kind of validation, almost like I have the 'key' but I don't. I really don't.

And as she focuses her energy on me, it almost feels like trying to mix oil & water. I guess that's the quincuxes on my Saturn. Maybe she's really helping me somehow.

Just have to wait & see what happens. Astrology is fun. And thanks for your comments.

charts attached: elle (her) & moi (me)

kaminari

Oops, the charts didn't upload. Try try again.

Attachments

• elle.gif
    elle.gif
    22.3 KB · Views: 38
  • moi.gif
    moi.gif
    26.2 KB · Views: 33

kaminari

The charts don't show, kaminari. Or at least they don't in my computer.

Something's wrong with AC I believe. I can't see anybody's attachments now. Mine were visible earlier. Neptune in Aquarius & his clouds of electrical storms messing with us or at least me.

kaminari

:biggrin: I was reading a thread and noticed that people with cute pictures sounded better... :kissing: :wink:

Cute is cool!!

Sorry for the delay. I wasn't at my computer (just iPhone) so couldn't re-upload the charts. I hung out with her (the singer) & her friend (my ex-lover from 3 years ago btw LOL) & it was a strange strange day. Strange energy between us all, maybe my Saturn was getting bombarded? I couldn't figure out if either of them liked me, why they asked me to spontaneously come over twice in three days (I live far away). Usually I read someone emotionally before jumping in. Strange days. Yeah if you could check out the charts & let me know what you see. The energy was weird. One time they asked me to leave, so I left, then they called me back in 5 mins to come back. Crazy, but we were a little drunk.

The singer has a Moon in Gemini & my ex has Venus exactly conjunct it & conjunct my Psyche. (17/18 degrees Gemini .. I think that's the tightest connection we've all got together). I guess it's just a weird friendship between the three of us, me being Aquarius Rising sees this a lot. Yeah baby, make life interesting!! Mess with my mind!!

I checked my ex's chart, ran Davison's, composite etc., stuff I didn't do three years ago & I totally get our relationship. It's an odd odd odd one. But it strangely has 'marriage' or child tied into it, so I'm wondering if this girl will come back into my life. Just have to wait & see.

The one thing I can't figure out is how I'm helping this singer. I guess I just have to wait & see as well.

Attachments

• moi.gif
    moi.gif
    26.2 KB · Views: 33
  • elle.gif
    elle.gif
    22.3 KB · Views: 33

kaminari

kaminari, as for the singer...apart from what you said of Saturn, all that opposed energy in Taurus (she) and Scorpio (you) could be very creative.

that's good to hear. She must feel my huge stellium of Scorpio energy. I think my Saturn on her Sun can be tough. The last one called me a creep & ran away! LOL I really really scare Taureans, it's so so great.

As for your ex...I am sure you love her and she loves you, and being you sensitive you feel it. But would it work as a couple? :smile:

I really like her energy. But.. I know one aspect doesn't make or break a synastry chart, it's that she has that Gemini Venus. My Scorpio Venus wants to smother, to claim her & she has to be free. But it's odd the other stuff in the synastry I see with her. Her Juno is slapdab in the middle of my stellium.

And Scorpios might have had some strange influence last week, from what you are saying and I experienced with a friend. :biggrin:

Rock & Roll lol, yeah I had a few extremely highs & then unwelcome hangover-blues lows. So I've been pouring my heart out to a Libra lady who has luckily come into my life recently, it's cause I think I'm searching for a little balance, a calm in the storm.

Thanks for your comment!!