Would a career in a government bank be prosperous for me?

sinhtheslumberingdragon

This is one of the possible career paths I was considering - being an economist at a governmental bank, and I got quite an interesting chart:

governmentbank5.png

L1 is strong - angular, triplicity+domicile (while it is RX, because Saturn is a slow planet I don't view it as necessarily a negative - Saturn enjoys being slow and RX gives it more "time to think").

L11 is good - in term, and in my first house althought retograding - also the ruler of L2

L10 however shows a much different story - peregrine, combust, and in detriment. In the 8th house - not the best, but also in the house of "other peoples money", fitting for a bank (Not sure how correct that is since we are talking about a governmental bank - so maybe it would be 2nd from 10th rather than 2nd from 7th)

L7, which I use to denote competitors in the job/career is with L10, however in fall.
L12 and L1 are the same - I view this as positive since I am in control of would-be hidden enemies

The 10th house is also quite strange - we find the pars fortuna which I would generally take as a good sign, especially as its Lord is in my house, however we also find the SN - not good, represents decrease.

The moon is also quite interesting here - partile opposition to L1, in the domicile of L7 and detriment of L1.

Receptions

L10 loves L1 - in L1s exaltation, triplicity and face

L1 is however, quite indifferent to L10 - L1 is concerned with himself only and none of the relevant significators are received by L1, with the exclusion of L7 which is received by Detriment

The Moon seems to favour my enemies rather than me - perhaps showing that the course of events will not be favourable to me, supported by the fact the moon is peregrine

The Conjunction with L10 and L7 is interesting - on paper its as if the careers is joining with my competitors, however L7 is weak - L1 crushes them in terms of strength.

Having said all this, I am finding it difficult to pass judgement - so any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

waybread

Can you re-scale your chart so we can make out the ascendant and MC degrees?

Saturn traditionally means that the matter won't go the way you wish, unless somehow Saturn is especially appropriate to you or your question.

Regardless, for a career question I think you're better off using your natal chart.
What does the "true you" say about your vocation in life?

Last edited:

sinhtheslumberingdragon

Can you re-scale your chart so we can make out the ascendant and MC degrees?

Saturn traditionally means that the matter won't go the way you wish, unless somehow Saturn is especially appropriate to you or your question.

Regardless, for a career question I think you're better off using your natal chart.
What does the "true you" say about your vocation in life?

Reading natal is quite difficult compared to Horary

Saturn in this case is L1 so I do think he is appropriate to me

I have resized the chart and updated the post

governmentbank5.png

waybread

Thanks. Much easier to read.

So here we have a chart with an early degree rising. Too soon to tell?

I'd use the 10th house for the quesited, which is about your career. The 10th would also rule the government in power.

The moon is just a hair past its opposition with Saturn, and applies to a sextile with Mars. Mars and Saturn do not apply to an aspect. In fact, Saturn turns away from Mars, which is not in great shape (as you noted) so maybe you're not entirely keen on this profession.

The moon in the 7th might indicate competitors for the position, but the moon also represents your own emotional stake in the matter. This may be your own competitive streak, not imaginary "enemies."

The south node indicates your comfort zone. What you'd be good at doing (and consistetn with the PoF), but also where you are may not find sufficient challenges to hold your interest.

knowledge

Possibilities are there, that you might work with other people's monies. But not sure if that would be a govt bank or not.

Last edited:

sinhtheslumberingdragon

Thanks. Much easier to read.

So here we have a chart with an early degree rising. Too soon to tell?

I'd use the 10th house for the quesited, which is about your career. The 10th would also rule the government in power.

The moon is just a hair past its opposition with Saturn, and applies to a sextile with Mars. Mars and Saturn do not apply to an aspect. In fact, Saturn turns away from Mars, which is not in great shape (as you noted) so maybe you're not entirely keen on this profession.

The moon in the 7th might indicate competitors for the position, but the moon also represents your own emotional stake in the matter. This may be your own competitive streak, not imaginary "enemies."

The south node indicates your comfort zone. What you'd be good at doing (and consistetn with the PoF), but also where you are may not find sufficient challenges to hold your interest.

That's an interesting take on the South Node - I usually viewed it as a malefic rather than what the querent is comfortable doing

Thank you for the interpertation