With which planet do you have the most affinity?

meg96

If you had to pick a planet to be your "home" planet, what would it be? Is this reflected in your natal chart?:innocent:

piercethevale

It seems that Uranus affects me more intensely than the others...it certainly seems to be out front, although Pluto may finish strong in the 'Home Stretch'.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Its usually the one with the least friction in the chart. For me this is clearly Mercury/Venus natally. However, IMO, as you get older this changes with your secondary progressions, and right now after 64 years from my birth, my least friction planet is Neptune. And clearly I am more influenced by the positive aspects of Neptune. Altho Mercury is still a close second.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Jupiter

But most people probably get more of my Saturn

Heck, MOOG. I see the Quixotic Pluto in you and your directed Mars. But then Saturn is your currently most frictionful planet. You tend to stay away from using those energies on this forum, anyhow.

Your recent answer as to what sign most annoys you: "No Parking" is clearly a combination of pushy Mars and quixotic Pluto(combined with your VERY High latitude moon, of course).

Last edited:

Moog

Heck, MOOG. I see the Quixotic Pluto in you and your directed Mars. But then Saturn is your currently most frictionful planet. You tend to stay away from using those energies on this forum, anyhow.

Your recent answer as to what sign most annoys you: "No Parking" is clearly a combination of pushy Mars and quixotic Pluto(combined with your VERY High latitude moon, of course).

Haha, thanks for the mini reading :wink:

Moog

apparently, Moog hasn't had to deal with the 'signs' of old age yet...

I dunno, my back is saying otherwise right now *creak*

Why do ye say that, pierce?

p.s. Zarathu, can you explain the 'most frictional planet' concept to me, or point me to a place/book I can learn it?

Zarathu

Account Closed
p.s. Zarathu, can you explain the 'most frictional planet' concept to me, or point me to a place/book I can learn it?

Got to: http://zarathuastrology.zohosites.com/

Scroll down at the left to: "COSMODYNES/ASTRODYNES". Click on any of the four items in that sub menu.

I couldn't do astrology in the way that I do it, or handle 700 asteroids, 250 Arabic parts, or 1381 Witte Sensitive points, or any of the the Sepharial/Charubel/Sabian 360 symbolic points, and all the rest of my astrology without it as a basic level.

IleneK

Premium Member
If you had to pick a planet to be your "home" planet, what would it be? Is this reflected in your natal chart?:innocent:

For me, hands down, my greatest affinity is with Mercury. Elevated in the 10th, ruling the Gemini MC and Virgo Asc.
It's closest aspect is a partile sextile to Pluto, also sextile Saturn, and trine Neptune.
Whether direct or retrograde by secondary progression, or having progressed into Cancer, still the easiest to understand and get along with.

After that, a huge affinity with the wide conjunction between Moon and Mars in Leo. Not so easy to understand, being in the 12th, but a fundamental part of my being, both bodies applying to a conjunction with Regulus, Mars within a half a degree.

M

may28gemini

I probably should have the most affinity with Venus as I have Libra rising with 3 Libra planets and 1 Taurus planet. It's the planet that's given me less headaches and less heartaches. The planet that's given me the most grief is my battered Pisces Moon.

aquarius7000

Hi,

For me, I'd say the t-square of Moon-Mars to Pluto and Saturn rules in my chart, and in my life to quite an extent. I cannot pick one bestest planet, as the t-square is a close-cutting fine edge, with all aspects with a 4° orb.

I think that the planet most aspected is what one feels the most.

May28Gem, may I ask if the Libra and one Tau planets are all the non-outer planets, hence personal planets? Though Saturn can hardly be called personal either, due to its 2.5 yr stay in a sign.

:)AQ7

M

may28gemini

Libra Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto (2 social and 1 universal) and Taurus Mars (personal). Jupiter-Saturn conjunction on my AC.

My home planet is really Mercury as it rules the bulk of my personal planets Sun, Mercury, and Venus all in Gemini. Mercury conjuncts my MC.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

THanks for your feedback.
Libra Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto (2 social and 1 universal) and Taurus Mars (personal). Jupiter-Saturn conjunction on my AC.....
I though as much. Pluto and Saturn, we can almost discount in personally affecting you so much to make Venus so strong. Mars in Tau and Jup in Libra, yes, I agree with you.

....My home planet is really Mercury as it rules the bulk of my personal planets Sun, Mercury, and Venus all in Gemini. Mercury conjuncts my MC.
You certainly do come across as quite talkative, one that gladly and unihibitedly shares her views. :) So, I do think that if there is a stellium in a sign, then that sign certainly has a good amount of hold over the native.

You may also want to look at which planets is in max no. of aspects, as its energy will be most tied into everything happening in the chart = you.

For e.g., in my own chart, I could also look at either Jup and Ven in a wide conj, in Pisces, which lifts that energy up. Then I look at Ven, which is in aspect to Sat, Moon, Mars, Jup. However, then I also look at Sat, which is in aspect to Mars, Ven, the Moon, Pluto, Jup, so, despite the fact that Ven is exalted in Pisces, widely conj Jup in dignity in Pisces, and also rich in aspects, I cannot ignore Saturn. It won't let me.

byjove

Account Closed
When I joined this forum I had just started to learn the many layers that my Jupiter placement had in my personality and so my life. I dedicated my name to Jupiter - Jove in Italian, Latin origin to remind me of the relevance of Jupiter in my chart. I must say though that different planets and aspects play out differently as I get older.

M

may28gemini

Hi,

THanks for your feedback. I though as much. Pluto and Saturn, we can almost discount in personally affecting you so much to make Venus so strong. Mars in Tau and Jup in Libra, yes, I agree with you.

You certainly do come across as quite talkative, one that gladly and unihibitedly shares her views. :) So, I do think that if there is a stellium in a sign, then that sign certainly has a good amount of hold over the native.

You may also want to look at which planets is in max no. of aspects, as its energy will be most tied into everything happening in the chart = you.

For e.g., in my own chart, I could also look at either Jup and Ven in a wide conj, in Pisces, which lifts that energy up. Then I look at Ven, which is in aspect to Sat, Moon, Mars, Jup. However, then I also look at Sat, which is in aspect to Mars, Ven, the Moon, Pluto, Jup, so, despite the fact that Ven is exalted in Pisces, widely conj Jup in dignity in Pisces, and also rich in aspects, I cannot ignore Saturn. It won't let me.

Ah yes, thanks for the mini analysis.

Even though my Saturn is exalted and on my AC, I don't come off as an old coot that lectures people when they're wrong. I get irked when people are delusional and full of it but I rarely lecture unless I actually care for the person who said wrong things.

I've done the Pullen report and it shows my strongest planet is Jupiter, then Mercury is 2nd, and 3rd is Venus. Although I'm very Jupiteran and I love expanding on everything (much to everyone's annoyance), I'm pretty happy-go-lucky and I easily default to being generous, my Jupiter is still in Libra (0 degree) which is ruled by Venus.

Jupiter trines my Taurus Mars so there's more expansion on the Venusian energy and that gets spread out everywhere I go. My Taurus Mars also trines Libra AC... again, more Venus energy gets exposed to the world. Basically my chart exudes Venus energy and although Jupiter is my #1, I say that I have the strongest affinity to Venus.

As to my "home" planet of Mercury, it's innate and that energy is always on 24/7. Mercury widely conjuncts Venus so no matter what, Venus is all over my chart. What can I say, I'm a beauty worshipper :smile:

Last edited:

serafin5

I'm not even sure where to start to answer this for myself. In "trad" astrology it would be a tie between Mars and Saturn but in "modern" astrology it could possibly be Mercury as it is the chart dispositor. Venus and Jupiter look ok in my chart most of the time anyway; a girl's gotta have something good, verdad? I'm gonna say for sure the Mars/Saturn as there have always been those issues in my life and chart.

Really great thread!
Serafin5

piercethevale

I'm not even sure where to start to answer this for myself. In "trad" astrology it would be a tie between Mars and Saturn but in "modern" astrology it could possibly be Mercury as it is the chart dispositor. Venus and Jupiter look ok in my chart most of the time anyway; a girl's gotta have something good, verdad? I'm gonna say for sure the Mars/Saturn as there have always been those issues in my life and chart.

Really great thread!
Serafin5
Good to hear from you Serafin, I apologize for not keeping more in touch and you do cross my thoughts at times. I have been concerned about your welfare considering the number of rough bumps the 'Cosmos' has seemingly caused to arise on your 'Highway' the past many months.
I wish you access to the 'Diamond Lane on the Freeway to Happiness' and a full tank of gas, mi amiga!

serafin5

Good to hear from you Serafin, I apologize for not keeping more in touch and you do cross my thoughts at times. I have been concerned about your welfare considering the number of rough bumps the 'Cosmos' has seemingly caused to arise on your 'Highway' the past many months.
I wish you access to the 'Diamond Lane on the Freeway to Happiness' and a full tank of gas, mi amiga!

Thank you PTV but I am groovy so there's no need for worry ok dude? You're very sweet but please try to stay in touch thru email ok?

Luv ya
Serafin 5