will UK leave EU

Kitchy

Banned
no i dont ..try searching

is there a title to the thread? i'm sorry i don't have your entire playlist on save.

my curiosity is willing to work but not search threw every one of tik's threads of past 10 years.

so be it.

tikana

is there a title to the thread? i'm sorry i don't have your entire playlist on save.

my curiosity is willing to work but not search threw every one of tik's threads of past 10 years.

so be it.

10 year old chart was not on this forum
but
scotland referendum is

Tessie

Banned
I voted OUT of the broken and evil system that is the EU. All the other EU countries are asking for a referendum, themselves, since they all want out of the EU, as well. The people who want to remain in the EU are the people who want to have their cake and eat it; they want the perks of the UK system and they want the perks of the EU system, together. With all due respect, that was never a sustainable plan to begin with.

Anjelik, I am not sure why your hubs calls the people who vote OUT racist since the referendum has nothing to do with race but financial politics, and the financial necessity for other countries to stop taking advantage of the UK. There are many reasons to leave and one of them is to stop economical refugees coming in. If they want shelter, there are plenty of rich neighbouring countries that can provide it (Saudi Arabia for one). <3

tikana

I voted OUT of the broken and evil system that is the EU. All the other EU countries are asking for a referendum, themselves, since they all want out of the EU, as well. The people who want to remain in the EU are the people who want to have their cake and eat it; they want the perks of the UK system and they want the perks of the EU system, together. With all due respect, that was never a sustainable plan to begin with.

Anjelik, I am not sure why your hubs calls the people who vote OUT racist since the referendum has nothing to do with race but financial politics, and the financial necessity for other countries to stop taking advantage of the UK. There are many reasons to leave and one of them is to stop economical refugees coming in. If they want shelter, there are plenty of rich neighbouring countries that can provide it (Saudi Arabia for one). <3

Tessie

i officially love your brain.

yeah you are absolutely right

UK is financial HQ of europe
Germany is manufacturing.
France is strong too wine making j/k all jokes aside. France is a powerhouse in europe
norway/denmark - outside of Eu union they were smart they didnt get involved
THE REST are living off UK, Germany, and France.
of course .. EU was a formula for disaster from get go.. noble idea but it was growing TOO FAST .. Germany had not completed the rehabbign east germany when EU bs came into a play.. STUPID!

Kitchy

Banned
I found it interesting to read that the british pound was at the low today that it was in 1985 - when I first traveled to England and France that year. The American dollar had been recessed in early 80's but it went far it England and France that year compared to my American dollar.

UK needs a PM like Churchill right now - one who is solid stick to his guns and never give up the mission.

Not unlike U.S.

Kitchy

Banned
Tessie

i officially love your brain.

yeah you are absolutely right

UK is financial HQ of europe
Germany is manufacturing.
France is strong too wine making j/k all jokes aside. France is a powerhouse in europe
norway/denmark - outside of Eu union they were smart they didnt get involved
THE REST are living off UK, Germany, and France.
of course .. EU was a formula for disaster from get go.. noble idea but it was growing TOO FAST .. Germany had not completed the rehabbign east germany when EU bs came into a play.. STUPID!

True -

I knew a gal from college in Cali who moved to Berlin in 1990 - with hopes of reuniting E/W Germany through her music. She was German born and US naturalized but she liked her German life and family so she went back after college. She wrote me a letter in early 90's saying they were so far away from Unification that things were a free for all at that point, but everything was groovy otherwise.

Germany can live two lifetimes on the autos and appliances that they develop and manufacture. If anyone ditches next, it will be them. But watch out - they like to run their show (historically) in non-communicative ways.

I know all of this is shown in an original Will UK leave EU chart horary.

Know the beast of horary is this lesson for me. Tikana wrote that folks scoffed and got her booted but she was right. In her yes/no way - but so many other juicy details in the chart that tell the story - I love when an horary of time produces fruit way long night after.

chris10

hun

uk always had been in good finacial control ...eu is a whole another story

eu is falling apart.. good
4 times they tried ..didnt work

lazy countries dragged uk down

euro is a balloon currency
pound and dollar with yen are strong currencies
everyone is going back to old moneys

There are no ''lazy'' countries Tik honey. That's what they want you to believe and of course it seems they're doing a good job.
And yes, the euro is a balloon currency and hopefully all countries will get back to their old currency. :smile:

tikana

There are no ''lazy'' countries Tik honey. That's what they want you to believe and of course it seems they're doing a good job.
And yes, the euro is a balloon currency and hopefully all countries will get back to their old currency. :smile:

Lazy! I had been to Eu. LOL it is a joke seriously.. Why put extra effort, then people will be demanding this kind of treatment always (products on shelves) Stores closing at noon. If there is business, you keep it open. Stores here opened until midnight the big chain stores. Liquor stores open until 2 am. We used to have stores that were opened 24 hours. Not much of that. If we did this in the US as people live in Eu, we would be bankrupt! Yeah true we buy a lot of stuff online but still we go to the stores that stay open until 1 - 2 am

chris10

Lazy! I had been to Eu. LOL it is a joke seriously.. Why put extra effort, then people will be demanding this kind of treatment always (products on shelves) Stores closing at noon. If there is business, you keep it open. Stores here opened until midnight the big chain stores. Liquor stores open until 2 am. We used to have stores that were opened 24 hours. Not much of that. If we did this in the US as people live in Eu, we would be bankrupt! Yeah true we buy a lot of stuff online but still we go to the stores that stay open until 1 - 2 am

What has been your experience?
Where exactly have you been to?

And you can't compare large chain stores which have hundreds of customers a day with small businessess which have 10-20 customers a day. lol

I do have experience from the US and according to what I have witnessed most people in my area work much harder than some lazy as*es who ''pretend'' to work in some places in the US. I have a few email ''pen''friends from the US and all of them send me their emails during their working hours LOL

tikana

Paris France
London UK
Brighton Uk
Frankfurt Ge
Bremen Ge
Munich Ge
Dublin Ire
Cork Ire

same scenario..

Our small shops close as late as 9pm

chris10

There are hard working people in every part of the world as there are lazy as*es in every part of the world.
I have a hard time accepting classifications such as ''lazy country'' or ''hard working country'', that's just me.

When I moved here from the US I had the impression that US citizens were very hard working people ... after a few years living here I realised that there's no way I would ever do anything worthy if I didn't work my *** off. But, hey, I am a Saturn conjuct MC person LOL

Anyway, here is what The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development say.

RANK COUNTRY AVG. HOURS WORKED
1 Mexico 42.85
2 Costa Rica 42.62
3 Korea 40.85
4 Greece 39.27
5 Chile 38.27
6 Russia 38.17
7 Latvia 37.27
8 Poland 36.98
9 Iceland 35.85
10 Estonia 35.75
11 Hungary 35.73
12 Portugal 35.71
13 Israel 35.63
14 Lithuania 35.27
15 Ireland 35.02
16 United States 34.40
17 Czech Republic 34.15
18 Slovakia 33.90
19 New Zealand 33.88
20 Italy 33.35
21 Japan 33.25
22 Canada 32.77
23 Spain 32.48
24 United Kingdom 32.25
25 Australia 32.00
26 Finland 31.63
27 Luxembourg 31.60
28 Austria 31.33
29 Sweden 30.94
30 Switzerland 30.15
31 Slovenia 30.02
32 France 28.33
33 Denmark 27.62
34 Norway 27.44
35 Netherlands 27.40
36 Germany 26.37

http://fortune.com/2015/11/11/chart-work-week-oecd/

tikana

amount hours worked does not equal to efficiency of those worked hours. BIG difference. Again US is huge.. depends where you are it affects work habits.
ohh Greece.. lets see .. what is that country exporting? not much .. Latvia.. thanks to EU.. they had to shut down 5 sugar factories. I think they are left with 1. They had manufacturing going with USSR, now? Where is their economy? They used to export spats the fish in a can to Russia, now they cant .. embargo.. problem? of course! their economy is in the toilet. Germany, UK, France and the only work horses in Europe. I am very confused about wheat crops in Poland. They should be feeding Europe

chris10

amount hours worked does not equal to efficiency of those worked hours. BIG difference. Again US is huge.. depends where you are it affects work habits.
ohh Greece.. lets see .. what is that country exporting? not much .. Latvia.. thanks to EU.. they had to shut down 5 sugar factories. I think they are left with 1. They had manufacturing going with USSR, now? Where is their economy? They used to export spats the fish in a can to Russia, now they cant .. embargo.. problem? of course! their economy is in the toilet. Germany, UK, France and the only work horses in Europe. I am very confused about wheat crops in Poland. They should be feeding Europe

Still, it shows that people are not ''lazy'', the fact they can't be as productive as some other countries has to do with technology and development. Can someone in India working on a 2-acre farm be as productive as someone in the USA working on a 2-acre farm? Would you call the Ind farmer lazy because he is not as producrive as the one in the USA?

There were a few factories here a few years ago. After our ''Union'' with Europe there are almost none. It's politics Tikana.
EU politicians have bribed Greek politicians to do as EU wants. That's what has been happening here for so long. That is no secret
Take a look here if you have time. I have some info here which explain the situation of this country.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59958&page=4

Kitchy

Banned
I'm pretty sure Richard Adams wrote about this very issue in his masterpiece "Watership Down" back in the early 70's....

Veiled in metaphors and gripping adventure - it was really about being sheep led to slaughter by the Owsla or being self-sufficient and escaping tyranny to create a world of self sufficiency. It has historic and modern aspects in the story - but yeah, sometimes people get fed-up being strangled by gov't and global powers and they ditch out of it - with all the known risks and faith provided to them.

tikana

Still, it shows that people are not ''lazy'', the fact they can't be as productive as some other countries has to do with technology and development. Can someone in India working on a 2-acre farm be as productive as someone in the USA working on a 2-acre farm? Would you call the Ind farmer lazy because he is not as producrive as the one in the USA?

There were a few factories here a few years ago. After our ''Union'' with Europe there are almost none. It's politics Tikana.
EU politicians have bribed Greek politicians to do as EU wants. That's what has been happening here for so long. That is no secret
Take a look here if you have time. I have some info here which explain the situation of this country.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59958&page=4

Politics shmolitics .. keep going liberal peace and all that **** this sh*t will happen again.
EUunion is just someone's mere imagination. How many times have they TRIED to create EU?
People DON'T LEARN!
7 countries today are already screaming WE WANT OUT..this is less than 12 hours after UK
This is the same recipe as USSR.
Greece is little problem if you think about it.. you have bigger problem.. Houses that are not worth 50k of whatever old currency was is matched to swiss dollar! That is the problem plus you got old hag Merkel along with the other azzwipes kissing either Putin's azz or US'azz. I am very cranky atm!

Last edited:

anjelik

Because there is a large portion of the people who voted out that has no concept of financial politics. Most of the things I have seen on social media, including posts from morons that we know or just random people cite things like, “go back to your own country.” It is pretty commonly known that a large portion of the people that voted out, voted that way because they are tired of the Polish or other Eastern Europeans taking their blue collar jobs (err working class). One of our friends said that is already tension in her neighbourhood amongst children telling them to go back to their own country since the vote. And where do they learn that? Their parents of course! It’s pretty sad and it bares a striking comparison to Donald Trump and his Mexican comments.

You may feel that leaving the EU has financial pros, but I guess we will need to see that over time, since the data is showing otherwise and shows that the UK will take a large hit economically for doing so. If that can be reversed in 20 years time, we will see. But the truth is that the pound is now at its lowest since 1985, which is disgusting considering the fact that people in the UK earn 20-30% less than their global counterparts after doing an FX conversion. When I have moved people anywhere in the world to London (including places like Singapore) people have always taken a loss in income. I don’t see how standing alone will make this any better as it already costs 20% more to buy goods/services and that will surely go up. The fact that it costs 20 GBP to get a manicure in the UK and it costs $10 to get a manicure in the US is just an example of how immigration keeps costs down. I refuse to give some girl who didn’t have the drive an ambition to get further education money to do a sloppy job on painting my nails. But I will give the money to a hard working immigrant who actually wants to work for her service. Another example would be the cost of having any work done on your home. It cost us 3000 GBP to paint our entire house (excluding the two bathrooms because we figure those were small enough to do ourselves). It would cost about the same in dollars to do the same thing. The price is driven up by the fact that we are on an island and the cost of living is so high that people will charge more for their services. I think it’s a true economic disadvantage living here and I don’t see it getting any better. There is a reason that all of the Brits love coming to NY to shop - it’s so much cheaper after the conversion! Another example is a Nine West shoe that I wear for work is $60 USD but is 60 GBP - that is just absurd. But, because it’s an import, the price is driven up. Leaving the EU is just going to drive up the price of basically any food we import in supermarkets. Petrol will certainly go up - which is another joke considering it costs us 60GBP to fill up my husband’s car and my mother has the same car in the US and it costs her $60 USD. Sorry, but I don’t think the pound is strong. If the pound was indeed strong, then wages would reflect as such. And what I mean by that is that someone earning $100K USD would be earning 100K GBP - making the playing field level… and then the strength of the pound would be reflective. But the stark reality is that someone earning 100K in the US is probably earning 50K in the UK. Big difference and quality of life isn’t any better, if not worse. Just my observation from living in both places. I am ironically poorer living as a married woman in England than I was as a single woman living in Gramercy Park in NYC.

What has been your experience?
Where exactly have you been to?

And you can't compare large chain stores which have hundreds of customers a day with small businessess which have 10-20 customers a day. lol

I do have experience from the US and according to what I have witnessed most people in my area work much harder than some lazy as*es who ''pretend'' to work in some places in the US. I have a few email ''pen''friends from the US and all of them send me their emails during their working hours LOL

Sorry, but I lean to agree with tikana based on living in the UK after living the US my entire life. Businesses close at 6pm during the week - it’s an asbolute joke that our main shopping mall is closed before people even leave work. So that means the only people that can shop are not working. That makes a lot of sense…right. Additionally, I have observed that there is an overall sense of entitlement amongst small business owners and they lack the hustle that Americans have to drive business. We had an appointment for a gardener to come and he showed up 45 mins late and never called. His price was also outrageous. But that is what this country is moving towards. Being an island and all and pushing out the EU competition. So these people who don’t really want to work hard can earn a decent living and not have to compete with their foreign counterparts who know how privileged they are to live in a country like the UK and will work hard to stay. But hey, let’s push them out so the average guy can just coast and do a mediocre job.

gamzatti

Angelik you are so wrong We voted out so that young people could have better opportunities .What opportunities does the EU offer? To be able to work abroad?People have always been able to do so.
You can retire to Spain .We have a villa in Spain it's been in the family since 1971 and we will continue to go . People like us spend our money there we contribute not ask for social housing or tax funded top ups to our wages.

We are effectively governed by people we didn't vote for don't know and cannot vote out. They conduct their meetings behind closed doors where no minutes are taken.
They waste our money on inflated salaries and pensions,perks and expenses.Swan around in limousines eat fois gras and drink champagne.This while holding down the people of Greece by keeping them in the Euro and imposing their government over the one Greece elected.
The farce of moving everything lock stock and barrel to Strasbourg every month.They know it is ludicrous but they cannot change it because the French veto as it lines their pockets.
There are 90 new buildings in Brussels where they have designer shopping malls containing hairdressers massage parlours not accessible to the general public.This is how the USSR used to operate.
The whole thing is corrupt and anti-democratic. The poor suffer the most with unemployment or struggling on the minimum wage.
Our Grandfathers did not engage in 2 world wars to be ruled by a European elite.
We are a trading nation fine let us trade and co-operate with the people of Europe, our neighbours, we do not need political union for this.
Young people who want to stay simply do not understand the issues, and they know nothing else but the EU.Some of them have been brainwashed in schools promoting EU propaganda.
An older generation have voted out for them.

gamzatti

Dear Angelik,
I also have experience of the USA my daughter lives in California and I visit twice a year. Petrol(gas) is much cheaper there than here always has been also their electricity bills.But remember our energy companies eg. EDF are French owned and we pay a premium .
A pedicure cost me 40 dollars in Pasadena, depending on what standard you want could be 30 dollars.A pedicure here is £20 so is a basic manicure and the girl who does mine is English and does a good job ,she has her own small business and works very hard. I would say the same for my hairdresser.
This myth that immigrants come here and put the British to shame with their work ethic is not universally true. My friend's husband is a black person who has worked with a polish builder and he says he was a lazy so and so.
My God daughter is a teacher and lives in France.She had a tough time finding a job because you won't get a job in France if a French person wants it you can be sure of that.

Further to cost of living some things are much more expensive in the USA meat for instance.
We had a vibrant fishing industry in the UK until Edward Heath gave it away.Now with the EU fisheries nonsensical policy of quotas fish is a luxury,especially skate.UK apple orchards .....I could go on but I won't. Do young people know all these things are they taught them in school? I think not.