Will I get the price I want for my home I'm selling?

Ace

I recently put my home on the market so I asked my question once the listing went live.

The chart is at a very late degree and to change signs for all four axis points in the chart.
The ASC is Virgo 29.59 so should I be reading it still as Mercury as ruler or the next sign over as Libra with Venus as significator?

Would appreciate any guidance on this chart. Will it be accurate if I try delineating it?

Last edited:

Ace

Posted incorrect chart before. Reattached new one here. Sorry for the error.

Attachments

• 414.jpg
    414.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 68

IleneK

Premium Member
These angles suggest that much may change having to do with you, the home, the seller and the price. Merc and Jup rule the day for the moment; it looks like many of the cards are in the seller's hands. Venus and Mars, Saturn and Moon will be in the spotlight very soon. The relations between the significators suggest to me that the deal may not complete.
I would wait a bit and see what happens.

Last edited:

Ace

Thank you for your interest and response. Would you assign the chart's four points with Venus (me), Mars (seller), Saturn (property), Moon (price of property). I just thought lots of unpredictability with this chart due to all significators that deal with this specific question are all changing signs, but what makes you say many of the cards are in the seller's hands? Also, when you say wait a bit and see are you saying to ask the question again at a later time? If yes, how long should I wait to do so? Would like to learn from this interesting chart. Thanks!

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
The First house is the person who asked the question (whether buyer or seller),
the Fourth is the item being bought or considered for purchase,
the Seventh is the other party in the sale,
and the Tenth is the price of the item.

So with the current chart, the ruler of the chart is Merc, the buyer/7th is ruled by Jup, the house/4th is ruled by Jup, the price/10th is ruled by Merc. Merc and Jup do not aspect; they are one sign apart, disjunct. The present moment is not encouraging.
Then all the angles change very soon: Venus will rule the chart; Mars, buyer; the house, Saturn; the price, Moon.
So the price you want/Moon applies to sextile you/Venus. But there is an obstacle in that Moon meets Saturn before its sextile with Venus perfects. This says to me that there may be something having to do with the house/4th/ruled by Saturn that gets in the way of you/Venus getting the price/Moon that you want.
When I say wait a bit, I am referring to the sales transaction itself rather than the timing of another horary question. The existing chart, with all the angles about to change and no perfecting aspect between significators now or after the angles change, points to an uncertainty that makes me suggest that it may be prudent to wait awhile to get the price you want.

Last edited:

Ace

I understand now. Hmm...didn't even know with a chart delineation with signs so close to changing you still have to consider all the significators positions at the moment and then consider the change for the same significators to get a picture of what's occurring. I honestly just thought it was just one or the other. Thanks for clarifying and making it understandable. I attempted my own quick analysis and my own gut when first glancing at the chart was that buyer will come into place but with delays in general. I have had less showings of the home than anticipated so far so I have been doing the most I can to gain some traction for it and asking my realtor get it seen with whatever strategies they have available. It will be very interesting how this home sale will pan out. Thanks so much again for your time and assistance in this matter!

IleneK

Premium Member
I think your analysis is reasonable. Please know that I am not very experienced in buy- sell horary. Just know the very fundamentals. I did much the same as you. Kind of a gut response. Something makes me think this may not be the most optimal time to get the price you want.
PS one is not obligated to consider planetary movement after the angles change when the rIsing point is at a late degree. I just wanted to follow the unfolding a bit further.

Last edited:

Ace

Update: An offer came in and it came in extremely low. In fact nearly 20 percent below list price! I would think one would try this strategy in heavily swayed buyer's market, but this seems unreasonable in a heavily favored sellers one and still low inventory. I gave them a strong counter back and they will review it later today with an answer.

From the chart, either way you look at price if Mercury (the chart's original late ASC) or seeing it as Moon (changed sign to due very late degree) the price doesn't seem to be overpriced from it's planetary strength. Mars conjunct Saturn looks like a deal is possible, but it's in an unfavorable house placement (5H) for either planet to perform in. Saturn and Mars after all are not exactly friendly with one another and a conjunct aspect between them doesn't automatically equate to harmony. Perhaps the Moon sextile Saturn, although in harmony, the aspect itself doesn't gives it's full benefit either as Saturn still brings restrictions and delays. I'm still looking through the chart and am befuddled to justify their very under market value offer.

This is very disappointing :(

IleneK

Premium Member
Update: An offer came in and it came in extremely low. In fact nearly 20 percent below list price!...

From the chart, either way you look at price if Mercury (the chart's original late ASC) or seeing it as Moon (changed sign to due very late degree) the price doesn't seem to be overpriced from it's planetary strength. .

This is very disappointing :(

I don't think a chart explains why your asking price may be too high at this time. Which is obvious that it is, in this moment, or someone would make you an offer at that price.
I also think that the weakness of Merc and Moon by essential dignity points to the weakness of the price you have chosen, rather than suggesting that it is not overpriced.
The chart does tell us that much is changing right now; there is a lot of uncertainty, that the significator for the price is not in aspect with your significator.
I also think the chart points toward waiting a bit and see what happens. It ought not be long to see if it is overpriced or if you have it properly priced to sell.

Ace

I've not considered that as a weakness in the price I've chosen, but it makes a lot of sense. Thank you for that insightful perspective.

Update: The buyer came up in their counteroffer but not enough for us to make a deal unfortunately. It's back to the drawing board. I have made a decision to do a price adjustment within this week sometime.

Ace

Update: I am posting another chart since some developments have happened that may result in someone coming to place an offer on my home.

I had two open houses (one today and yesterday). They both seemed to have garnered interest (yet no contract has arrived). According to my agent, three potential prospects were spending quite a bit of time in the home ( 2 yesterday and 1 today). The 2 yesterday, one was a young couple and the other was an elderly one. The young couple lives in the neighborhood and the the elderly one used to live just a few homes down some years ago and were thinking of moving back. The only reason they moved was because there were so many stairs. They did mention they don't know if they have it in them to move again, but confessed they really do want to move back as they love the neighborhood and my next door neighbor are good friends with them! The one couple I really am paying attention to at the moment though is the one today. She works for the same real estate agency as my realtor who is also co-hosting the open house. She instantly fell in love. She called her husband and before leaving said they will be running numbers.

I have a good feeling and am thinking they could be the ones who purchase the home.

Will she and her husband make an offer to buy my home?

I am Venus 7H (also my profit), S.N. in 2nd. S.N. decreases in general. Profit could be less. The buyer is Mars in it's joy 6H (also bank), property is Saturn, and price is Moon in 10H. Moon trine Venus is an indication they are okay with the price, but maybe negotiate lower (thinking may be because of S.N. in Mars which is buyer). Mars and Venus have mutual reception by exaltation yet no aspect. The chart does point to a good promise. It would be better to see the Moon making an aspect with Mars directly or a Venus Mars connection.

Crossing my fingers I got my delineation right and not what I want to happen.

Attachments

• imvf.jpg
    imvf.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Ace

Update: Did a price drop a few days ago. Today had a showing and received an offer. I accepted so now home is pending! What a surprise!!! Now just the hurdle of appraisal. Grr....

Ace

So this has been a difficult transaction. Appraisal came in super low. Requested buyer to change lenders which they reluctantly did and decided to work with a different loan officer than the one recommended because they thought my agent may have some financial incentive which is my suspicion. They found a different branch and used a different loan officer but the same loan company. Another appraisal was completed and that appraisal came in low as well. Agent was able to convince the appraiser to reassess the property with their comps and price of home came up higher but still quite shy of their offer price. Just waiting now to officially close near the end of the month after agreeing to appraised price.