Will I Complete My Degree?

Brightmist

Hello, thank you for any insights. I’m fairly new to horary and am struggling with the interpretation of this one - “Will I complete my DNP degree?”

I see there are no aspects between the Ascendant ruler and the 9th house ruler (which I used as higher education) and moved on to the Moon as co-querent where I see an apply aspect to the 9th house ruler. However, I’m stuck on further interpretation as the moon is void of course and in late degrees of detriment. Is the chart a wash or does it provide more of an answer I’m missing?

Thank you kindly.

(I don’t know if it helps, my degree is in healthcare/psychiatry with a research component).
823F8479-2A4B-4769-9229-D31FAD31D105.jpeg

dr. farr

It appears to be up to your choice;
you = 1st house = libra = venus; Venus in domicile = +
degree = 9th whole sign house = Gemini = mercury; mercury in 9th house & domicile = +
mercury flows away from Venus = -
moon flows toward both significators = +
net = 3 + 1- = + 2 = yes, but with you (Venus) in domicile and exactly conjunct the. benefic NN, ultimately the matter is in your hands; chart indicates it is there if you want it.

Last edited:

sinhtheslumberingdragon

Tricky question.
Do we consider the degree as honors, therefore the 10th? or do we just consider it as general higher education (9th).

I think the best way to see this question is to just look at the moon.
The moon is screwed right now, but it is in the 29th degree - very, very close to changing signs:

30. The 30th Consideration is, To observe when a planet that is Significator, or the Moon, shall have past the 29th degree of the Sign wherein it is, and touches the 30th , and especially if it have passed one minute of that degree; for then it shall have no strength in that Sign, but in the next; so that if in the first it signified any evil, it shall hurt the person or thing threatened no more than the fall of a house shall one that is just got out of it; or being with one foot upon the threashold, has one behind him that throws him out; and then the building falls. And if it signifies any good, it shall profit no more than he that hath spread a nest for birds, and just touches the feathers of their tails, but never catches their bodies; and therefore 'Zael' says, "If a planet or the Moon be in the 29th degree of any Sign, its virtue is yet in that Sign wherein he is; because he has not yet wholly past the 30th degree." &c.

Note that the 29th degree = 28 degrees

So, the moon is about to change, leaving it detriment and immediately making a trine to lord 9.

I would say yes, but you are going to have to struggle for it. Push through and it will come quickly would be my guess.

I also wouldn't consider the moon running void here.

You being in the 8th, domiciled, with the node, conjunct Algol, shows your current state of fear imo.
I do wonder, are you having family issues preventing you from studying?

Rhys

Hello, thank you for any insights. I’m fairly new to horary and am struggling with the interpretation of this one - “Will I complete my DNP degree?”
I agree with the judgements made (above), I particularly liked what was said about the Moon's late degree and that your significator Venus being in the eighth house signifying fear and anxiety.

The only thing I would add is to note that the Moon is translating light from a trine of Venus to a lovely trine with Mercury. The Moon's past aspect sequence was that it trined Venus, then it sextiled Neptune, then it went conjunct with Pluto...

The next aspect the Moon will make (from the time the horary was cast) will be to trine with Mercury, the significator of your degree.

Most traditional astrologers do not use outer planets in horary as they are not visible planets, so if we ignore them we see the Moon translates light directly from Venus to Mercury. In this fashion, we see you moving directly towards your degree. So the answer to your question is that you will get your degree.

If we take the outer planets into account as energy from the unconscious mind, this probably represents the eighth house fears and anxiety that sintheslumberingdragon was mentioning in their post.

Regarding timing, the Moon will perfect to the Mercury trine in about four units of time. So the question is whether this represents weeks, months or years? When would you normally get your degree? Does four years from now seem right? Or would it be sooner than that?

sinhtheslumberingdragon

I agree with the judgements made (above), I particularly liked what was said about the Moon's late degree and that your significator Venus being in the eighth house signifying fear and anxiety.

The only thing I would add is to note that the Moon is translating light from a trine of Venus to a lovely trine with Mercury. The Moon's past aspect sequence was that it trined Venus, then it sextiled Neptune, then it went conjunct with Pluto...

The next aspect the Moon will make (from the time the horary was cast) will be to trine with Mercury, the significator of your degree.

Most traditional astrologers do not use outer planets in horary as they are not visible planets, so if we ignore them we see the Moon translates light directly from Venus to Mercury. In this fashion, we see you moving directly towards your degree. So the answer to your question is that you will get your degree.

If we take the outer planets into account as energy from the unconscious mind, this probably represents the eighth house fears and anxiety that sintheslumberingdragon was mentioning in their post.

Regarding timing, the Moon will perfect to the Mercury trine in about four units of time. So the question is whether this represents weeks, months or years? When would you normally get your degree? Does four years from now seem right? Or would it be sooner than that?
Moon makes application across signs - already suggesting a longer period - but it starts from a cardinal sign. Honestly, I would be tempted to say 4 semesters lol. 4 years seems a lot, that's an entire degree. 4 months seems too quick.