Why my solar return travel didn't work

RuledbySaturn

Last year I was told I would have a "bad" year coming affecting the houses I care about the most so I traveled to a location and during the times selected by an astrologer. But it didn't work at all. In fact, everything "bad" that the astrologer predicted would happen if I didn't travel have happend anyway even though I did follow her advice and traveled. I wonder if it was because I moved far away from my birth place and have a relocated birth chart that her school of teaching didn't take into consideration? Or is it like what another astrologer told me: You can't outsmart the Universe?

Frank

One's natal chart IS one's natal chart.

One can't run away from it.

One needs to learn how to work with it and oneself.

Atria

Hi Ruledbysaturn, i travelled many times at solar returns with good results , since 1998, one time my solar return was very bad, december 1999 my teacher improve it changing a little , but that change could be important, i traveled to Uruguay, from Buenos Aires, i put Jupiter partil at IV, that i think it helped me, and i quited 29º of Taurus (Pleyades) at V , it aplicates to Algol, the V is the column, i couldnt quit neptune , mars and uranus near the ascendant, i had an Hecate too , with pluto, ruling my VIII house, i had an accident, with the electricity, and water, i had little injury at one of my vertebras, but my astrologer didnt saw my moon return, at 25 february , if i would changed it traveling i think i will not have the accident, quiting uranus at the ascendant ant neptune of XII, uranus had a square with mars. I think that sometimes we have great opportunities to change our destiny, it depends...on Karma? many people, friends here traveled at solar returns , we had many good experiences, avoiding bad things and gaining good things with this travels and we are learning from them, i think we are going to write them with examples, my astrologer was a genious. i am curious of your solar return travel and why it didnt work...

RuledbySaturn

Atria, how many days did you spend there? And did you go a few days before the sun returns to the exact degree as indicated on your birth chart?

I don't know enough about predictive or relocation astrology to know why mine didn't work, but I suppose I am willing to try it one more time with a different astrologer.

Atria

Hi Ruledbysaturn, our teacher taught us to go 96 hours before and 96 hours after the time of the exact degree of the sun at his return, four days before and four deyas after, to be more sure of the resultsm and he also advice us not to stay at the same place, not move more than five blocks around, he said is like a picture, photo if, he had an article of many cases, examples, very interesting, he also moves at lunar returns, i always do if i can since 1998, and some friends of mine too, i know two of them with cancer that travel every year for improve health, we have to continue studying this for the benefit of all of us, my son, is 35 years old, he benefitiated with this trips, if you like we can analized your solar return. It is a pitty my english is poor..

RuledbySaturn

Thanks Atria. If I need to go again this year I am going to try the 96-hour thing. Maybe I wasn't there for long enough last time. Isn't lunar return every month? Gosh, I don't think I'll ever be able to convince myself to do that lol.

Atria

Yes i Know, that is an effort, but at first you look at your lunar return and study it and we began to understand what is going on at that month, not always , but generally at lunar returns we travel not so far, many times in our same province, sometimes only to quit the star algol, from some cuspid, 100 km is enough, and another bad aspects, saturn or malefics at the ascendant, etc. but depends , this year 2009 i travel only at february i had Saturn at my ascendant conjunct my Mars natal at 21º Virgo , i traveled to the province of San Luis from BUenos Aires (Argentina) and i put the ascendant at 9º of Virgo, and Venus conjunction my VII that helps with my husband, but i didnt need to travel any more, only that one, i am thinking to change the next one because i have to do a long trip and i like to quit saturn of the VIII , it is the 16 august i dont like the aspects between mars, uranus and saturn, and the cuspid of VIII at 20º.. conjunction with my mars natal, again. Mars ruling my III too, at Sao Paulo i put the VIII at Libra rule by Venus and Taruo at the cuspid of III. i didnt traveled to any place at my last solar return, and is rough,i dont like it. So i am a little afraid. A friend of mine travel always mentally, she has an article...how to do it.. she concentrated at the places and coordenates very good for two hours. Looking the returns , studying them we began to learn, sometimes is difficult to understand , but later at the end you analized the facts that already happened and you began to ask if i would travel at other place will that happen the same way, or not, in a different way ...is like Tabla Esmeralda , heaven and earth , it happen what we can read at the stars at the place we are, one is the reflection of the other... Saludos Atria

Atria

He was Carlos Raitzin (Dr. Spicasc) argentine mathematician, esoterist,astrologer his site is www.mihost.eu, click at Astrologia , some articles are translated , he discovered symbolic directions, and he was an expert at returns and more..

Atria, how many days did you spend there? And did you go a few days before the sun returns to the exact degree as indicated on your birth chart?

I don't know enough about predictive or relocation astrology to know why mine didn't work, but I suppose I am willing to try it one more time with a different astrologer.

There is a difference between relocation astrology ie; where you emigrate and live and relocating for just your solar return. :biggrin:

Have you tried the astrocartography on astro.com, go to free horoscopes, then look to right. Astrocartography works and there is forum on AW that covers this and on astro.com on interactive, travel they offer astrocartography/world maps, which has its place and explains which planets rules lat and long where you relocate to and how this will affect you in this location. It is my personal opinion that relocated ‘birth charts’ don’t work, there are plenty of other techniques available.

Have just realised where the confusion may be on astro.com to get a solar return for a new location, you have to find the option to use a relocated chart, which does mean changing location from where natally you were born to where you are living now. This is just so you can get a relocated solar return only.....

Relocated birth charts are more or less astrocartography, whereby all your natal planets are stretched out over the globe and uses lat and long to discover best place to live. Apparently relocated birth charts does something similar (but not as widely used or known as astrocartography) whereby especially over the Angles could bring a planet out of 12, 3 6 or 9th to become much more active

Usually you only input a different location for solar return to see which planets move around into which houses. I have done this with some success to.

Solar returns
http://cafeastrology.com/interpretingsolarreturns.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12694
http://wiki.astro.com/astrowiki/en/Solar_Return_Chart
http://www.maryshea.com/sr.html

The house in which the Sun falls in the SR chart is the birthday month's forecast and influence, and each house after is the following month, since the Sun transits at the rate of one sign or house per month. Each house is treated as events in that month, and the sign and planet ruling the cusp influences the outlook for that month. The chart is used like a clock, with 12 months on its face instead of 12 hours. As the Sun conjoins or aspects other planets in the SR, it will generate events
http://www.typhonvision.com/art-solarreturn.htm