Why do I frequently encounter celebrities?

Arden

I don't live in Los Angeles (or any glamorous neighborhood that stars flock to), or work in the entertainment industry (or any industry for that matter - I'm just a poor college student), but I've noticed for awhile I have the bizarre tendency to run into celebrities during my everyday life. I'll be checking out at the supermarket and the person in line in-front of me is Keanu Reeves. For that matter, people from my past have the tendency to become famous (for example, the girl who sat next to me in history class senior year became a pop star with a few songs on the Top 40) and people I befriend often work or have connections to Hollywood/film production-related fields.

I have no intention of pursuing a career in the entertainment industry, nor would I ever want to become famous (at least not in the traditional sense, I'm studying science and wouldn't mind publishing a peer-reviewed research paper in a well-regarded medical journal) so I'm a bit baffled by my tendency to stumble into celebrities and people involved in the film industry :confused:

I was wondering if there is some-sort of weird Leo quirk in my chart responsible for it? Despite being my sun sign, I've never felt like much of a Leo. I hate being the center of attention, and no desire to be a leader. Maybe all the Leo-attributes leaked out into my everyday life, if that's possible? (Forgive me I have little idea how Astrology works)

Somewhat off topic, although still related to my chart; will my health (kidneys) and money situation improve in the near future? 2016 was somewhat rough on my health and wallet :pouty:

Attachments

• chartmychart.jpg
    chartmychart.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Taurus9

As a quick guess looking at your chart and using whole house, your 11th house does start in Leo and it represents friends and acquaintances of like-minded attitudes, groups, clubs and societies, higher associations, benefits and fortunes from career, and one's hopes and wishes.

With your Sun there I can only assume your soul therefore attracts leaders in their respective fields as friends. Your Sun also trines Uranus which in modern astrology is the ruler of that same 11th house and represents friends and modern technology which could relate to film. Uranus is in Sagittarius and I also interpret it to start in your 3rd house of communication which all in all would suggest friends and communicative encounters related to modern technology, short travel and experience.

Regarding the future health of the kidneys and the money, I can't predict this and it would be very rough guesswork. I have loosely heard that Venus can affect the kidneys and yours is obstacled by Jupiter. Venus is moving into Pisces in the next couple of days which does start your 6th house of health so hopefully it will have a positive aspect but I can't predict accurately here.

Regarding the money, Saturn in your Libra ascendant is negatively obstacling both your moon and mercury in your career sector, which suggests balancing money and social status will always be at odds with your mind and your intellectual persuits.

The best way to deal with these obstacles in life is to delegate separate time and priority to each. So, your money and social status will be improved if you dedicate time to it separate to your career and vice versa. But you can't do both at the same time as frustrating as that is. It just requires time management, like to sacrifice one day for one, and one day for another if that makes sense.

Hope some of that helped anyway. Take care.

Last edited:

Arden

Alas I wrote out a long reply but my computer crashed :pinched:

Thank you so much for your insight! Although I am a bit confused by what you meant at the end with delegating between my career and social status?

I'm not much interested in my social status, I just don't want to be poor and living paycheck to paycheck. I've never had much luck when it came to money, whenever I start to be somewhat successful, something crazy happens to set me back and wipe out my savings (a few years ago I was the victim of a robbery and it was rather difficult to deal with/traumatizing, currently I am struggling with an autoimmune disease that effects my kidneys).

By making a choice/delegating, do you mean I'll have to choose between my preferred career/personal passion and earning a living, or my career and personal life? (I'd like to become a Mom in the near future, if my health permits)

*still annoyed that my computer crashed, my lost comment was waaay more eloquent.

aquarius7000

Hi,

It could have to do with your 10th house (public standing) ruler, which is the Moon and it is dignified in Cancer, and in the 10th house (luck with public). Also, your 11th house (important people in society, important) ruler, which is the Sun via Leo, is dignified also in Leo and also in the very public 10th house, so, yes, you could have prominent friends, or as you put it, friends that later became celebrities. Finally, you have Saturn (people of status and authority) in your first house and it is exalted there in Libra (via traditional Astrology). Also, this Saturn in the first house (you) links you to the Moon (public) in the 10th house (authority figures).

Last edited:

aquarius7000

...Somewhat off topic, although still related to my chart; will my health (kidneys) and money situation improve in the near future? 2016 was somewhat rough on my health and wallet :pouty:
Your health/ physical constitution (1st house) is ruled by Libra, and the ruler, Venus, is in its fall in Virgo. Similarly, your second house (money) is ruled by Scorpio, whose ruler, Mars, is also in its fall in Cancer. So, these are your two weak areas. That said, Mars, luckily, is connected to the Moon, which is dignified, as mentioned in my previous post. Also, you have a dignified Jupiter in the 2nd house, so money could be a little tight sometimes, but it is really that tight.

Another thing, Saturn in the first house, in Libra, you should watch out for stones in the gall bladder and kidneys. Pluto in the first house, you should watch out for any serious infections. Be regular with your annual health check-ups.

Last edited:

Arden

I really appreciate your detailed reply, but I was wondering if you could rereard my chart? I posted the wrong chart!

*I feel like an idiot*

Attachments

• chartmychart.jpg
    chartmychart.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 41

aquarius7000

Really guys, be a little more careful with such things.

Anyway, your Sun is still dignified in Leo and your 11th house (society) is loaded. Your MC (figures of authority) is still ruled by the Moon, but instead of being placed in the 10th house, it is now placed in your 1st (you).

As to your health, your 1st house is still ruled by Libra, whose ruler, Venus, is still in debility in Virgo. You do not need to be worried about stones due to Saturn now being in your 5th house. However, with the Moon in your 1st house, you might want to watch water retention.

Arden

Thank you, again. I apologize profusely :( I'm currently on chemo to treat an autoimmune disease that's been messing with my kidneys (to quote Dr. House - its not Lupus; although its quite similar to Lupus from a Rheumatology perspective), so my brain hasn't been too good lately. I probably should have waited till I felt a bit better to compose a post :pinched:

I read Mars in the 12th can cause a whole lot of health issues (or if its at a 90 degree angle, make you destined to be an athlete?)

My kidney disease popped out of nowhere during a Saturn conjunction last year. I noticed I started to run into celebrities (well, more often than usual), as well.

aquarius7000

No worries.

Wish you lots of good luck, which you already seem to be having with Jupiter rolling over your first house (health). Things should go well for you. Thinking positive helps tremendously. God bless

Osamenor

Staff member
I was wondering if there is some-sort of weird Leo quirk in my chart responsible for it? Despite being my sun sign, I've never felt like much of a Leo. I hate being the center of attention, and no desire to be a leader. Maybe all the Leo-attributes leaked out into my everyday life, if that's possible? (Forgive me I have little idea how Astrology works)
I think it has everything to do with your Leo sun's house placement. Eleventh house = friends, associates. People associated with you, however peripherally, have something very Leo about them. In this case, they're celebrity entertainers. America's royalty.

Leo in the eleventh house alone probably isn't the sole reason, though. About one out of every twelve people have their eleventh house cusp in Leo. I think what's helping it play out this way for you is that the two planets you have solidly in your eleventh house are the sun and Jupiter: the kings of the solar system. Jupiter, science tells us, almost became a star early in its life, but didn't quite make it. Instead, it's a sort of mini-solar system, a planet with many moons orbiting it and exceptionally strong gravity.

My kidney disease popped out of nowhere during a Saturn conjunction last year. I noticed I started to run into celebrities (well, more often than usual), as well.

Saturn conjunction with what? Last year, Saturn was between the last degrees of Scorpio and the middle of Sagittarius. You don't have any planets there.

Arden

No worries.

Wish you lots of good luck, which you already seem to be having with Jupiter rolling over your first house (health). Things should go well for you. Thinking positive helps tremendously. God bless

Thank you so much.

If all goes well I'll be off chemo very soon. I try my best to stay positive (although I'm a bit of a worrier so I try not to read up on all the rare potential side effects or complications of my treatment.)

Saturn conjunction with what? Last year, Saturn was between the last degrees of Scorpio and the middle of Sagittarius. You don't have any planets there.

I meant Uranus conjunction (...I'm really not good at astrology) :pinched: It conjuncted with something (Ceres?) I remember reading a horoscope in the newspaper around the time I got sick that said Leo's should be careful with their health, issues may develop due to said conjunction.

aquarius7000

....I meant Uranus conjunction (...I'm really not good at astrology) :pinched: ...
My advice to you and all out there that are still in the teething stages of learning Astrology is that you focus on the mainstream planets, houses and aspects, and to not (at least yet) meander into things like asteroids, etc. Believe me, and I have been studying this subject for 15 years almost now, that there is nothing that mainstream planets and constellations will not tell you that only asteroids will.

Also, don't believe any article that generalises and says for all Aquariuses or for all Libras, as nobody is just an Aquarius or just a Libra. That is because of your Sun being in Aquarius, and perhaps due to another planet or two. However, there are still other planets and planetary aspects that tie in other signs, etc.

Osamenor

Staff member
I meant Uranus conjunction (...I'm really not good at astrology) :pinched: It conjuncted with something (Ceres?) I remember reading a horoscope in the newspaper around the time I got sick that said Leo's should be careful with their health, issues may develop due to said conjunction.

Sun sign newspaper astrology is not reliable. It takes only sun sign into account, when your birth chart is much more nuanced than that.

If there's anything to that Leos should be careful with their health stuff, it's probably that the newspaper astrologer was working with solar houses. That's what you get if you consider the sun's sign to be the first house and count the houses from there, whole sign. Health issues would be related to the sixth or twelfth house, most likely. I'm puzzled what Uranus could have had to do with it, because Uranus is in Aries and has been for the last 6 years. From Leo, Aries is the ninth sign. Not a twelfth or sixth house placement at all. Ceres did conjunct Uranus last June.

Certainly, not all Leos got serious illnesses in the last year. I'm a Leo, too, and I haven't had anything worse than a regular cold/flu lately. Your birth chart as a whole, along with transits and the circumstances of your life (which astrology doesn't reveal, you have to do that part yourself) is what would tell you about your health issues.

Sun sign astrology and solar houses are ways of filling in when you don't have a person's complete birth information. If the time of birth is unknown, using solar houses is the next best thing to working with the actual houses. It's much more telling to work with your personal chart, and count the houses from your ascendant. How your chart relates to your illness, I can't say because I'm not a competent medical astrologer. We do have a medical astrology section, however. If you're interested in that, feel free to explore there.

Arden

My advice to you and all out there that are still in the teething stages of learning Astrology is that you focus on the mainstream planets, houses and aspects, and to not (at least yet) meander into things like asteroids, etc.

I used to look at asteroid astrology due to my chart being somewhat "meh". (Don't worry, I quickly realized asteroid astrology is way too complicated).

For example, isn't having a Jupiter-Sun conjunction considered a bad placement? (They cross each other out). Ditto for Mars in the 12th house. I guess I've never felt like any of the planets in my chart have applied to my life (well, aside from Neptune and Uranus in the 4th - that's spot on. Dad died when I was young, was raised by my Mom's chaotic family near the ocean).

Interestingly, the chart I had accidentally posted was the chart of my friend, who is an entertainment journalist. Saturn in the first describes her well.

aquarius7000

I used to look at asteroid astrology due to my chart being somewhat "meh". (Don't worry, I quickly realized asteroid astrology is way too complicated).
Not only is it complicated, but complicates matters further. There is nothing that the mainstream planets will not tell you, that the asteroids will.

For example, isn't having a Jupiter-Sun conjunction considered a bad placement? (They cross each other out). Ditto for Mars in the 12th house. I guess I've never felt like any of the planets in my chart have applied to my life (well, aside from Neptune and Uranus in the 4th - that's spot on.
Jup-Sun conjunction is not bad at all. Their energies being fire blend well together.

Every planetary placement in a chart has to be seen in the perspective of the complete chart, and not isolatedly. This is a golden rule, so saying Mars in the 12th is bad has little to no value because we need to see which house Mars rules, and, in turn, which sign rules Mars, etc.