why am I obsessed with writing and why do I struggle with it?

tarmaras

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much in advance for any time you take to look into my chart. I would be very grateful if you could help me out with an opinion on what planetary configurations in my chart have the strongest impact on my personality and whether these will be helpful or detrimental to the journey I'm about to embark on: full-time fiction writer.

I'm asking you this question because I am at a very tensed point in my life and I would like to know if the path I'm about to take has some astrological support ('cause I sure need it). Basically, after beating around the bush for a few years -- doing things tangential to writing fiction but never really committing to it-- I am on the brink of a mental breakdown. The only things that keep me afloat at this point are my wife and my daily meditation practice. There is no job in the world that would satisfy me more than just writing books for a living, but, somehow or other, I can't seem to muster the self-discipline to follow through. I've wrote some short stories, some poems, essays and such but more as an aside.

After many tribulations and years of writing book outlines, character backstory and other things like that I've decided to actually commit to writing my first novel. And this is where I need your help in finding an answer to these questions:

1. What, in my chart, is contributing to my obsession with writing (or self-expression in general)

2. What is the problem with that position/configuration/aspect that brings in all the doubt,procrastination, and, subsequent self-loathing about not doing the actual work?

3. Is there any silver lining to all of this, in terms of a chance of actually succeeding?

4. Bonus: What in my chart indicates my interest in practicing spirituality and being interested in astrology.

I hope I have now overwhelmed you with my story. Appreciate your consideration.
:innocent:

Thank you

Attachments

• my.chart.gif
    my.chart.gif
    50.8 KB · Views: 68

fullmoonlibra

- You have a Mercury ruled midheaven (Virgo), which is the most significant thing in your chart, that you want to become a writer.
- Mercury is in Gemini, so dominant in its own sign.
- Mercury is a part of a mystic rectangle, supported by a sextile and trine to Venus and Mars, you have a love and passion for writing, but Uranus could disrupt your thinking process and make you nervous, which is disruptive for your writing. And Mars is opposite Venus. A lot of tension before you create your artwork..

Why is it difficult to maintain discipline?
- Mercury is square midheaven, so you have to make an effort and put your energy (Mars) in your career (10th house).
- Mars and Venus are in each others signs in detriment and opposite.
- Your mystic rectangle is interrupted by a T square, with Neptune as a focus.. Brings a lot of disillusion and disappointment.
- Mercury not only rules your career house, but also the 8th house.. You need the deep focus if you want to write. Painfull process maybe?
- Disruptive Uranus, which I mentioned, is not only opposite your Mercury, it also rules the house of communication, the house of Mercury.

What to do?
- Gain support through your Saturn.. That's the key to success because its the planet of discipline.. in harmonious aspect to Mercury. And exalted! Perfect :smile:

Ps: you are not the only one who has discipline issues. Every writer struggles with it. It's a typical writer - thing. Watch some motivating 'start with writing' videos on youtube and you will get plenty of tips.

Last edited:

tarmaras

- You have a Mercury ruled midheaven (Virgo), which is the most significant thing in your chart, that you want to become a writer.
- Mercury is in Gemini, so dominant in its own sign.
- Mercury is a part of a mystic rectangle, supported by a sextile and trine to Venus and Mars, you have a love and passion for writing, but Uranus could disrupt your thinking process and make you nervous, which is disruptive for your writing. And Mars is opposite Venus. A lot of tension before you create your artwork..

Why is it difficult to maintain discipline?
- Mercury is square midheaven, so you have to make an effort and put your energy (Mars) in your career (10th house).
- Mars and Venus are in each others signs in detriment and opposite.
- Your mystic rectangle is interrupted by a T square, with Neptune as a focus.. Brings a lot of disillusion and disappointment.
- Mercury not only rules your career house, but also the 8th house.. You need the deep focus if you want to write. Painfull process maybe?
- Disruptive Uranus, which I mentioned, is not only opposite your Mercury, it also rules the house of communication, the house of Mercury.

What to do?
- Gain support through your Saturn.. That's the key to success because its the planet of discipline.. in harmonious aspect to Mercury. And exalted! Perfect :smile:

Ps: you are not the only one who has discipline issues. Every writer struggles with it. It's a typical writer - thing. Watch some motivating 'start with writing' videos on youtube and you will get plenty of tips.

Thank you for your very thoughtful analysis. As far as the advice about Saturn is concerned, I have indeed found that I crave for discipline and whenever I can go past my initial reluctance to commit to a project, I am usually quite systematic and the rhytmic routine of step-by-step task accomplishment soothes me.

I think my main problem is that I run away from the writing project relatively quickly after starting it. It's like two people are inside me: one is focused, imaginative and creative and with all the plan worked out on what to do and the other is sabotaging everything, quitting at the first sign of blockage. I am absolutely certain that if I just had enough self-discipline to stay there on that spot and just keep writing I will manage to do it.

Thanks for the insights. Also, any thoughts on number 4? (interest in spirituality and astrology?)

miquar

Hi. I think one of the reasons why you may like to write is the number of opposition aspects in your chart. The Sun Moon opposition and the Venus Mars opposition are particularly striking because these planets are opposite in nature. So perhaps the writing enables you to engage in a dialogue through which you can express the dualism which is so strong in the chart. Also, Mercury itself is in the seventh, one of the oppositions is across the first/seventh house axis, and there is a planet opposite the ascendant.

The opposition is based on the number 2, which is about the need for something to become manifest following the division of the unity. So this prominence of the 2nd harmonic in your birth chart could be partly why you are so driven to write a book.

The Sun Moon opposition may be relevant to the way your self-discipline comes and goes. Sun in Taurus in the 6th house wants to work hard to create something, while Moon in Scorpio in the 12th is easily swept away by moods, including feelings circulating in the atmosphere around you.

The mystic rectangle has been pointed out by FullMoonLibra - while the aspects to Mercury are wider (especially the trine and sextile), but it is a configuration none-the-less. The Mercury Uranus opposition could sometimes be buzzing so much with ideas that you are unable to focus on articulating in the way that you want to. Perhaps some days just need to be brainstorming days.

The tsquare to Neptune has already been mentioned. The Venus Neptune square is quite wide, but Mars looks to be sesquiquadrate the Venus/Neptune midpoint. It is interesting that Neptune is in the 2nd house and you haven't yet gotten around to deriving an income from your chosen vocation.

The quincunx from Sun to Saturn is very close and sure to important in your life. This could be very relevant to your tendency to admonish yourself. Sun conjunct Chiron is also prone to self-doubt - you may carry a fear that nature has not (Chiron) endowed you (Taurus) with the creative energy you need (Sun). Artists of all kind struggle with the difference between the initial vision and the reality of the finished product, and I think a lot of the features I've been discussing come down heavily on one side of this dynamic or the other.

There is also a tendency to self-doubt with Sun Saturn aspects, which can obviously lead to procrastination. Mars in Libra square Neptune can also procrastinate due to indecision and lack of clarity.

Venus makes some very close apsects - the quincunx to Jupiter and the trine to Uranus are both potentially very creative, especially with Venus in a fire sign.

I think that with the positions and aspects of the Sun and Moon (and the opposition between them), it will be difficult for you to maintain a steady path through the writing of the book. Mood swings and issues of self-doubt will possibly become very much part of the journey to the completion of the book. Something that might help is not having too strict a time limit on finishing the book, and also reminding yourself that you are a perfectly worthwhile human being, capable of experiencing plenty of happiness in life, regardless of whether the book is finished or not. This may take the edge off the Saturn and Chiron aspects to your Sun.

There is lots of determination in Taurus and Scorpio, but I do not know how to predict whether you will be successful in your endeavours. I hope you are though.

miquar

ps as for your interest in astrology, the Mercury Uranus is very likely, but apart from that it depends on why you are interested and how you approach it and use it.

tarmaras

Hi. I think one of the reasons why you may like to write is the number of opposition aspects in your chart. The Sun Moon opposition and the Venus Mars opposition are particularly striking because these planets are opposite in nature. So perhaps the writing enables you to engage in a dialogue through which you can express the dualism which is so strong in the chart. Also, Mercury itself is in the seventh, one of the oppositions is across the first/seventh house axis, and there is a planet opposite the ascendant.

The opposition is based on the number 2, which is about the need for something to become manifest following the division of the unity. So this prominence of the 2nd harmonic in your birth chart could be partly why you are so driven to write a book.

The Sun Moon opposition may be relevant to the way your self-discipline comes and goes. Sun in Taurus in the 6th house wants to work hard to create something, while Moon in Scorpio in the 12th is easily swept away by moods, including feelings circulating in the atmosphere around you.

Indeed, this inner opposition very much defines the way I function. Thank you for beautifully clarifying this for me. Does this have anything to do with the fact that as soon as I find out about something (an information for instance), the first thing I tend to do is think about who will be useful to and go ahead and share it with that person. Or with the fact that I can look at a movie 10 times with different people that have not seen it and kind of enjoying experiencing the movie through their eyes. Or is that just plain creepy :) ?

The mystic rectangle has been pointed out by FullMoonLibra - while the aspects to Mercury are wider (especially the trine and sextile), but it is a configuration none-the-less. The Mercury Uranus opposition could sometimes be buzzing so much with ideas that you are unable to focus on articulating in the way that you want to. Perhaps some days just need to be brainstorming days.

Actually, I feel that all my thought processes constitute and uninterrupted brainstorming process; to the point where that becomes a problem. I can easily fill pages with lateral ideas. Indeed, when I worked in advertising (for 2 years) I was very productive in coming up with all sorts of story ideas and, with all modesty, I was the go-to guy for projects requiring quick creative fixes. My problem is with developing those stories further, like in a book. I realize that staying in advertising would have been very fit and perhaps a wise career choice, however the meaninglesness of it all got to me pretty quick. I actually saw my literary creativity going down in the gutter, because all my energy was spent on advertising copy. Not that there's anything wrong with doing advertising, but in the end it was not for me. I got out and since then I've improved a lot in terms of my resolve to just write fiction.

The tsquare to Neptune has already been mentioned. The Venus Neptune square is quite wide, but Mars looks to be sesquiquadrate the Venus/Neptune midpoint. It is interesting that Neptune is in the 2nd house and you haven't yet gotten around to deriving an income from your chosen vocation.

Does advertising count? I've only started working in 2008 and moved from advertising to communication and some temporary leadership position. About that, are there any indications of leadership in my chart. For the 6 months that I was a volunteer coordinator I felt like I was on fire, dealing with so many teams and issues. I literally felt that my energy levels and focus had increased 10 times, although I had never had leadership aspirations before and, I don't really have them (as a career). But I mention it because it really surprised me that I could deal succesfully with it. In the same vein, maybe if I would get into a similar context with my writing I would experience that focus and energy :).

The quincunx from Sun to Saturn is very close and sure to important in your life. This could be very relevant to your tendency to admonish yourself. Sun conjunct Chiron is also prone to self-doubt - you may carry a fear that nature has not (Chiron) endowed you (Taurus) with the creative energy you need (Sun). Artists of all kind struggle with the difference between the initial vision and the reality of the finished product, and I think a lot of the features I've been discussing come down heavily on one side of this dynamic or the other.

Exactly right. I always kill myself over not using my potential and I fear that I just don't have it in me. It's a good thing that I have some people in my life who strongly believe in me and are really encouraging me to go on.

There is also a tendency to self-doubt with Sun Saturn aspects, which can obviously lead to procrastination. Mars in Libra square Neptune can also procrastinate due to indecision and lack of clarity.

Does this mean that I would be better off if I had some sort of manager or somekind of authority figure that would kind of hold me responsible to do my writing? I have observed that sometimes I am more motivated to write something if I'm doing it for someone whose opinion I respect, or if I know it would thrill them.

reminding yourself that you are a perfectly worthwhile human being, capable of experiencing plenty of happiness in life, regardless of whether the book is finished or not. This may take the edge off the Saturn and Chiron aspects to your Sun.

Thank you for your kind words. I realize, indeed, that there's much more to life than writing. I have a wonderful family and I have my spirituality. Astrology is also nice, but certainly not at your level. I'm more of an amateur lurker. For me, first and foremost, astrology has worked in the sense that I've become more understanding with people. Sometimes I come out as a bit brutal, loud and harsh and aggressive, even judgemental, holier-than-thou-ish but with astrology I have learned to recognize the conditionings people (including myself) have.

There is lots of determination in Taurus and Scorpio, but I do not know how to predict whether you will be successful in your endeavours. I hope you are though.

I am indeed determined, even obsessed. If I could just get past the feelings of helplessness to act that would be great :)

Thanks

miquar

Hi tamaras. Yes the film-watching thing sounds very like Moon in a water sign in the 12th house. And perhaps something about the oppositions in the chart meaning that experiences are only complete when experienced from two loci of consciousness. This could be relevant to the idea sharing too, plus Sun in Taurus likes to be a source of practical support, and the 6th house symbolises the situations in which we see our usefulness as individuals reflected in the way we synthesize with others. Mercury in Gemini in the 7th also likes to share ideas with others. Chiron on the descendant can see others as needing help.

Its very interesting that you did advertising, especially since Moon and Jupiter in the 12th are tuned in to needs and trends in the collective psyche.

I think Neptune in the 2nd house is very apt for earning a living from advertising. What I meant was that you haven't yet secured an income from what you really want to be valued for - ie writing a novel.

Your chart doesn't strike me as suggesting a desire to lead, and so perhaps this says something about the fact that you had no aspirations for this in the past. Your chart does suggest that you have a gift for dealing with people. This is largely due to the strong 'two-ness' of the chart. The Sun is the symbol of the power to coordinate from the centre, and your Sun is stoical and down-to-earth, which must be good thing when handling multiple groups. With Sun in the 6th, when you take centre stage, you experience your surroundings as a place where humility is required so that everyone can synthesize together. The opposition to the Moon in the 12th shows sensitivity to the needs of those around you in the way you execute the solar power of centrality.

Its possible that someone could help you by playing Saturn. They could help you manage your time, set appropriate deadlines, tell you when to take a break in order to maximize productivity, reassure you that even if you're not happy with a section writing, its just a matter of time and patience to get the best out of yourself. All these things we could tell ourselves, but of course we don't take a balanced view of ourselves.

Uranus in Sagittarius in the first house opposite Mercury can be opinionated sometimes, and while Taurus is very matter of fact rather than into debating what might or might not be true, it can give a dogmatic edge to more philosophical energies in the chart. Moon in Scorpio can respond intensely.

I'm sure that you will act when the time is right, but it may be a bit of a rollercoaster with some stops and starts along the way.

Thanks for all the very interesting feedback. You've made the thread a good source of learning for me and no doubt many others. I'd be interested to read any poetry you've written which reflects any of the chart themes we've been discussing, but no pressure obviously.

tameca050

Look at the ruler of the 3rd house which rules over writing/communication. Is it in good aspect to Mercury, the planet of the mind/communication?

Saturn rules your 3rd house. It sits in the 11th house and it is trine/harmonious with your Mercury in the 7th. Saturn makes you a careful, well-planned, strategic (Saturn nature) writer/communicator (Mercury). One problem. It is in Virgo in the 11th house. Virgo takes a long time to do major things because it is a perfectionist. In the 11th house this pressure is overwhelming because you want to do it all. The 11th house functions on a grand scale. You don't want to write one thing. You want to write everything you will ever write all at once, but this is too much for Virgo so you don't write at all. Mars (where you apply your energy) is in the 10th house of status/career. In Virgo you have to be known for (10th house matter) quality work/service (Virgo). Uranus is original ruler of the 11th house. It is forward thinking, rebellious, erratic, and eccentric. It is square your Mercury so your writing will most likely be non fiction. Mercury in the 7th house of others/partnerships means you communicate/share ideas well with others. The 7th and 11th house connection may mean you will do the world some good (10th house) through your writing with others (Mercury in 7th) about universal matters/world movements(11th house).

tarmaras

Look at the ruler of the 3rd house which rules over writing/communication. Is it in good aspect to Mercury, the planet of the mind/communication?

Saturn rules your 3rd house. It sits in the 11th house and it is trine/harmonious with your Mercury in the 7th. Saturn makes you a careful, well-planned, strategic (Saturn nature) writer/communicator (Mercury). One problem. It is in Virgo in the 11th house. Virgo takes a long time to do major things because it is a perfectionist. In the 11th house this pressure is overwhelming because you want to do it all. The 11th house functions on a grand scale. You don't want to write one thing. You want to write everything you will ever write all at once, but this is too much for Virgo so you don't write at all. Mars (where you apply your energy) is in the 10th house of status/career. In Virgo you have to be known for (10th house matter) quality work/service (Virgo). Uranus is original ruler of the 11th house. It is forward thinking, rebellious, erratic, and eccentric. It is square your Mercury so your writing will most likely be non fiction. Mercury in the 7th house of others/partnerships means you communicate/share ideas well with others. The 7th and 11th house connection may mean you will do the world some good (10th house) through your writing with others (Mercury in 7th) about universal matters/world movements(11th house).

Thank you, tameca. One thing striked me very hard: "you want to write everything you will ever write all at once". It is exactly the feeling I have when thinking about my work and, indeed, it greatly contributes to my discouragement.

However, are you sure my Saturn is in Virgo? Isn't it in Libra? Does this change anything?

Appreciate your input.

tarmaras

Hi tamaras. Yes the film-watching thing sounds very like Moon in a water sign in the 12th house. And perhaps something about the oppositions in the chart meaning that experiences are only complete when experienced from two loci of consciousness. This could be relevant to the idea sharing too, plus Sun in Taurus likes to be a source of practical support, and the 6th house symbolises the situations in which we see our usefulness as individuals reflected in the way we synthesize with others. Mercury in Gemini in the 7th also likes to share ideas with others. Chiron on the descendant can see others as needing help.

I love being of service to others. It gives me a great sense of relief and feeling useful, especially when there's psychological help involved. My problem is that, when there's people around with huge egoes I can't help attacking them. Sometimes I feel that when there's someone around who looks for an argument I can't wait to push their buttons. I don't mind the verbal brawl, I sometimes even feel energized by it. Is this trait of enjoying punishing people who I think deserve it something from my Scorpio Moon or Ascendant. Or it's just that I like to be an a-hole sometimes? :)

I think Neptune in the 2nd house is very apt for earning a living from advertising. What I meant was that you haven't yet secured an income from what you really want to be valued for - ie writing a novel.

A great explanation for what the second house actually means. I hope Father Neptune will step up in the near future...

Your chart doesn't strike me as suggesting a desire to lead, and so perhaps this says something about the fact that you had no aspirations for this in the past. Your chart does suggest that you have a gift for dealing with people. This is largely due to the strong 'two-ness' of the chart. The Sun is the symbol of the power to coordinate from the centre, and your Sun is stoical and down-to-earth, which must be good thing when handling multiple groups. With Sun in the 6th, when you take centre stage, you experience your surroundings as a place where humility is required so that everyone can synthesize together. The opposition to the Moon in the 12th shows sensitivity to the needs of those around you in the way you execute the solar power of centrality.

You're right. I don't aspire to be a leader, mainly because I don't like to be too much in the spotlight and I'm afraid that by being the leader I would lose access to people's true nature. I love having relaxed conversations and people. At the same time, you're right that if the situation requires I can organize myself, especially when I'm responsible to others (maybe this is where these others become my Saturn? :)).

Its possible that someone could help you by playing Saturn. They could help you manage your time, set appropriate deadlines, tell you when to take a break in order to maximize productivity, reassure you that even if you're not happy with a section writing, its just a matter of time and patience to get the best out of yourself. All these things we could tell ourselves, but of course we don't take a balanced view of ourselves.

I'm working on it with my wife who, although is only 6 days older than me and has a Pisces ascendant, is much more disciplined and structured than I am. But then her Mercury is in Taurus and a favorable aspect between Sun and Saturn. Indeed, she has a great capacity of realizing her plans and staying on a thing for hours on end. Her problem is a low level of energy in general, but that's another story...

Uranus in Sagittarius in the first house opposite Mercury can be opinionated sometimes, and while Taurus is very matter of fact rather than into debating what might or might not be true, it can give a dogmatic edge to more philosophical energies in the chart. Moon in Scorpio can respond intensely.

Wow. You're right, I see myself as being opinionated and dogmatic in certain contexts. Sometimes I even do it on purpose, when I deal with persons who I perceive to be too indirect, although (in my mind) I feel them to actually stand for something clear but they don't want to show their hand. So I'm trying to force them to show their hand, by provoking some turmoil. I know -- it's awful.

I'm sure that you will act when the time is right, but it may be a bit of a rollercoaster with some stops and starts along the way.

Thank you for your encouragement. You, and your astrologer colleagues have really helped me get a handle on the dynamics of my chart. You've been very generous indeed.

Thanks for all the very interesting feedback. You've made the thread a good source of learning for me and no doubt many others. I'd be interested to read any poetry you've written which reflects any of the chart themes we've been discussing, but no pressure obviously.

I'm glad that my chart was good for something. As for the poetry I can send you some, no problem.

miquar

Hi. Yes I guess the procotive tendency is the other side of 'two-ness'. As someone recently noted on a different thread, Libra and Scorpio are the 'equalizers'. They like to bring back into balance in their different ways. Mercury opposite Uranus can be antagonistic - often liking to play 'devil's advocate'.

Of course their could be an element of envy involved in your reaction to egocentric behaviour. With Sun (which has to do with the sense of self-importance amongst other things) in aspect to Chiron and Saturn, it is not easy for you to just shine your light into the world in sheer celebration of who you are. Its not that you would probably want to behave egocentrically in such an overt way as the people you are talking about - but that nonetheless you may wish on some level that you could lose the self-scrutiny and inhibition. (Of course many people who behave egocentrically have exactly the same solar issues as you do - they just respond through over-compensation rather than by behaving modestly.) Notice that although you don't 'show off', you are often quite reluctant to compromise your way of being.

With the splitting of the unity into two comes the potential for growth, and in one sense you are an agent of growth in the world through your tendency to provoke. Of course its up to you how that is expressed, and it could be that there is work you can do on yourself that makes your dealings with others less compulsive. You could try to notice what is going on when you feel provocative - perhaps experimenting with not saying anything sometimes, just to get a more vivid sense of the motivation behind the provocation.

It is a particularly interesting thread. Thank you.

tameca050

Using the Ascendant Ruler's house as the 1st house and counting onward, you have Scorpio/Sagittarius noted 1st as 3rd. The 3rd (writings, communication, utilizing the mind, learning) is the identity of the individual (1st). You are basically an Individual (1st) that writes, self-expresses (3rd). With Scorpio here there is an obsession and deep, probing nature (Scorpio) of the individual (1st) to write, self-express (3rd)

Uranus creates disruptions and unexpected events. Here in the 1st as 3rd it causes disruptions or nervous energy in your self-expression/writing. Look to the aspects of Mercury to see if this can be countered. Mercury in Gemini is in its own sign giving it great power. In Gemini 7th as 9th house, you have the ability to be a master teacher (9th) to others (7th) through your writings/self-expression/utility of the mind (Mercury). There will just be a certain element of surprise/shock element to your writings/teachings with Uranus in the 1st as 3rd.

rafaella

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much in advance for any time you take to look into my chart. I would be very grateful if you could help me out with an opinion on what planetary configurations in my chart have the strongest impact on my personality and whether these will be helpful or detrimental to the journey I'm about to embark on: full-time fiction writer.

I'm asking you this question because I am at a very tensed point in my life and I would like to know if the path I'm about to take has some astrological support ('cause I sure need it). Basically, after beating around the bush for a few years -- doing things tangential to writing fiction but never really committing to it-- I am on the brink of a mental breakdown. The only things that keep me afloat at this point are my wife and my daily meditation practice. There is no job in the world that would satisfy me more than just writing books for a living, but, somehow or other, I can't seem to muster the self-discipline to follow through. I've wrote some short stories, some poems, essays and such but more as an aside.

After many tribulations and years of writing book outlines, character backstory and other things like that I've decided to actually commit to writing my first novel. And this is where I need your help in finding an answer to these questions:

1. What, in my chart, is contributing to my obsession with writing (or self-expression in general)

2. What is the problem with that position/configuration/aspect that brings in all the doubt,procrastination, and, subsequent self-loathing about not doing the actual work?

3. Is there any silver lining to all of this, in terms of a chance of actually succeeding?

4. Bonus: What in my chart indicates my interest in practicing spirituality and being interested in astrology.

I hope I have now overwhelmed you with my story. Appreciate your consideration.
:innocent:

Thank you

Your ASC ruler Mars is in 10th and rx back into Virgo, ruled by that angular Mercury. If you check your progressed chart, you'll see Mars is in Virgo. I find when asc ruler is rx it is great challenge, things just don't seem to move forward. I have the same issue, got Jupiter rx as my asc ruler. (BTW I don't use outer planets.)

Maybe try Nanowrimo?? http://nanowrimo.org/ write a 50.000 word novel in a month, no matter how bad it is. At least you will be able to finish the novel. I have read about a few authors who now are published due to challenging themselves with Nanowrimo...

muchacho

Moon on the ASC (as ruler of 9th) in Scorpio with Jupiter. And Mercury in Gemini.

Bogus beliefs.

Success can't be seen in the chart. Only interest in success. Just make up your mind and off you go.

Moon in Scorpio, Jupiter in Scorpio, Mercury in the 8th.

Slenkar

Also, you are going through this 7.5 year period called 'Sade Sati' which is when Saturn is in a sign before,conjunct,or just after your moon sign,

It is a great testing time and makes you have the feeling like you are falling apart, it will be over in february 2017 when Saturn goes into Sagittarius (in the sidereal zodiac)
(although Saturn does retrograde back into scorpio for a short time later that year)
In the sidereal zodiac your moon is in Libra.

Sade Sati is also a time of change.

I think your career would have been a big focus for the 2.5 year period preceeding November 2014.