Why am i not as intelligent as my chart shows?

AnastasiyaEnchanted

I have had numerous astrologers look at my chart before and all of them always remark how good my mind is and how smart I probably am. They point out my strong Jupiter, Mercury, and Uranus signature in my chart and comment on my "genius, philosophical, and expansive mind." But I cant help but feel inadequate when I hear someone say that because unfortunately that is not the way I am. I have never been considered smart - average in everything at best. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that I struggle more than an average person learning concepts and grasping information. Learning never came easy to me. I am not unintelligent, I just don't feel that I live up to the potential of my chart. Does this mean that charts are nothing more than potentials? Do some people, like me for example, have to learn how to unlock the potentials in their charts to display the characteristics that are shown?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anastasiya_russo_hp_39052_22502.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_anastasiya_russo_hp_39052_22502.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 62

JUPITERASC

I have had numerous astrologers look at my chart before a
nd all of them always remark how good my mind is and how smart I probably am.
They point out my strong Jupiter, Mercury, and Uranus signature in my chart
and comment on my "genius, philosophical, and expansive mind."

But I cant help but feel inadequate when I hear someone say that
because unfortunately that is not the way I am.
I have never been considered smart - average in everything at best.
In fact, I would even go as far as to say that I struggle more than an average person learning concepts and grasping information.
Learning never came easy to me.
I am not unintelligent, I just don't feel that I live up to the potential of my chart.
Does this mean that charts are nothing more than potentials?
Do some people, like me for example, have to learn how to unlock the potentials in their charts
to display the characteristics that are shown?
by the way,
just occurs to me
since you are questioning your 'smartness'
did you ever have an IQ test and if so what was the result?
obviously IQ tests have their flaws as well
but they are a good 'general indicator' of intelligence level

also
the question arises as to what exactly these astrologers meant
when they told you
of your "genius, philosophical, and expansive mind."

Michaelanagelo is acknowledged as a genius
so one wonders whether these astrologers placed you at the same - or a similar - level to Michaelangelo

They seem to have considered you as being a 'philosophical genius'
perhaps comparable to Socrates, Lao Tzu, Plato et al :smile:

JUPITERASC

in any event
reading any natal chart with any reliability takes many hours, days, even weeks or months
and there are members who have stated they have studied their natal charts for many years
and continue learning something new regarding their natal promise
on a daily basis
so the following is an extremely sketchy OUTLINE
and is by no means a complete delineation

Traditionally SAGITTARIUS is the home territory of JUPITER
and so your nata JUPITER is certainly strong
by being in DOMICILE
but is located in a CADENT HOUSE
and is also harmed by a conjunction with malefic MARS in the same sign

not only is the condition of MERCURY in SAGITTARIUS one of DETRIMENT
but also
your natal MERCURY is within three degree conjunction with your natal SUN
and
is therefore unfortunately COMBUST

If a planet is situated in a sign which opposes its own
it is said to be in detriment, a word which literally means to be harmed or damaged.
Since a planet's own sign is regarded as its stronghold,
it follows that the furthest sign from this should be viewed as its most vulnerable position.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig4.html

And so, according to traditional astrology
your natal JUPITER and MERCURY are not in particularly good condition
and of the two your natal JUPTER is strongest :smile:

HOW TO READ THE FOLLOWING TABLE
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

dignities2.gif

alunsina

i am not well-versed in natal charts but...

being intelligent doesn't always have something to do with math-logical intelligence. this is how we're directed at -- if you have a high iq, you are intelligent. we have albert einstein, a dyslexic, who struggled in learning as he grew up. at that time, people wouldn't know that he has supreme intelligence simply because his mind's framework is not the same as what society has; however, history and science tell what his contribution is to the world. it's all about finding where you are good at and where you can highly focus on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxkBqFbbAP0

JUPITERASC

i am not well-versed in natal charts but...

being intelligent doesn't always have something to do with math-logical intelligence

this is how we're directed at
-- if you have a high iq, you are intelligent
Today there are many different kinds of IQ tests

some of these IQ tests have been specifically developed
in order to assess IQ
without resorting to mathematics
:smile:
we have albert einstein, a dyslexic, who struggled in learning as he grew up.
at that time, people wouldn't know that he has supreme intelligence
simply because his mind's framework is not the same as what society has;
however, history and science tell what his contribution is to the world.
it's all about finding where you are good at and where you can highly focus on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxkBqFbbAP0
Exactly

LEONARDO DA VINCI - PORTRAIT OF A DYSLEXIC GENIUS
http://www.dyslexia.com/leonardo.htm :smile:

wilsontc

Staff member
your mind, to Anastasiya

Anastasiya,

You said:
I have had numerous astrologers look at my chart before and all of them always remark how good my mind is and how smart I probably am. They point out my strong Jupiter, Mercury, and Uranus signature in my chart and comment on my "genius, philosophical, and expansive mind."...I struggle more than an average person learning concepts and grasping information. Learning never came easy to me. I am not unintelligent, I just don't feel that I live up to the potential of my chart.

Not sure whether the astrologers are simply TELLING you what you want to hear or whether you are simply HEARING what you want to hear. You have several indications of having challenges with detailed thought. One is Sagittarius :)sagittarius:, expansion) modifying Mercury :)mercury:, thinking), this is Mercury in the sign of its detriment, and usually indicates a mind that is TOO expansive, which has so many "big ideas" that it misses the important details. The other indicator is Neptune :)neptune:, spirituality, also confusion) in the thinking house (3rd house), suggesting some form of mental confusion (I have this as well, so I know a little bit about it). And Neptune is on the IC (inner world), so there is a deep, inner confusion.

However, it DOES suggest that you have a STRONG inner "spiritual" core. Meditation (focusing on your breath - Google it) could be VERY helpful in getting you to calm down inwardly and realize it's not how "smart" you are, it's what you DO with the mind you have.

Mentally,

Tim

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Re: your mind, to Anastasiya

I have had numerous astrologers look at my chart before and all of them always remark how good my mind is and how smart I probably am. They point out my strong Jupiter, Mercury, and Uranus signature in my chart and comment on my "genius, philosophical, and expansive mind." But I cant help but feel inadequate when I hear someone say that because unfortunately that is not the way I am. I have never been considered smart - average in everything at best. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that I struggle more than an average person learning concepts and grasping information. Learning never came easy to me. I am not unintelligent, I just don't feel that I live up to the potential of my chart.

You have several indications of having challenges with detailed thought. One is Sagittarius :)sagittarius:, expansion) modifying Mercury :)mercury:, thinking), this is Mercury in the sign of its detriment, and usually indicates a mind that is TOO expansive, which has so many "big ideas" that it misses the important details. The other indicator is Neptune :)neptune:, spirituality, also confusion) in the thinking house (3rd house), suggesting some form of mental confusion (I have this as well, so I know a little bit about it). And Neptune is on the IC (inner world), so there is a deep, inner confusion.
Taken together, these astrological details along with your own description of your situation spell out learning disability. Whether or not you've ever been diagnosed with a specific disability, if you struggle more than the average person to learn things, you have one... and if there's a significant gap between your potential and your performance, you are (at least here in the US, you are) legally considered disabled whether or not a specific disability can be diagnosed.

If you have a learning disability, and particularly if it's gone undiagnosed, you've probably been told all your life that you don't live up to your potential. That you said you don't live up to your birth chart's potential, out of all the things you possibly could have said about your birth chart, sounds like you're repeating a belief about yourself that's been deeply ingrained in you. It's not really about your birth chart, it's about the self perception you've acquired from always being told you don't fulfill your real potential.

But in another way, it is about your birth chart... because your birth chart includes the challenges Tim mentioned, and it makes them part of your very sense of self.

The second house is all about your core sense of self and personal values. Since you have your sun in the second, that core sense of self message is even stronger. With Jupiter and Mercury (and Pluto, too) in the second, they all add their messages to your basic sense of self.

It obviously matters to you to be intelligent, and the message you've gotten about not living up to your potential obviously matters. And even with all these challenges, you are intelligent, even if you haven't been given credit for it. People with learning disabilities are usually very good learners--have to be, just to make it day to day--but typically are not recognized as good learners because society tends to equate good learner with fast learner, even though they're not the same thing. And if you were born in Ukraine, as it says on your chart, English must be at least your second or third language. If you can read and write so fluently in English, you've got to be intelligent!

And even with your "detrimental" Mercury and Neptune placements, the basic message of those planets, and of your sun's sign, doesn't change. Sagittarius is the sign of the learner. With your sun in that sign, learning must be very important to you. But don't confuse learning with school learning. It's much more than that. Some very good and dedicated learners can't stand the school environment at all. Real world experience is also learning. So's travel. So's working your body. So's working with your hands, whether it's manual labor or arts and crafts.

Finally, you have a very strong Uranus signature. It's right on your IC, and then you have the moon in Aquarius, which Uranus rules. That shows that your deepest desires, and your deep sense of self, have everything to do with doing things differently and thinking out of the box. If you have a learning disability, you naturally have to do things differently... the usual way is impossible... and if you're all about learning, as your sun placement indicates, then you need to learn in unusual ways, perhaps ways that most people wouldn't even think of as learning.

Real genius is doing things differently.

kshantaram

Premium Member
saturn pisces 5th sensitive and wise, spiritual attitude, love of law and justice, aptitude for public administration/ministerial roles.

sun-mer-jup-mars sag 11th from moon for gains, philosophical, optimistic, love of law and justice, ambitious, impulsive, sportive. 2nd house, intellectual, oratory-advisory skills, may be aptitude for finance/banking etc.

mars highest planetary deg, flair of the personality, mars 3rd sag, courageous, good initiative. mars lord 6th impulsive aries over 3rd, sportive, aggressive, prone to risk taking, accidents. mars lord 2nd for speech over 3rd sag, could be impulsive in speech though inspirational,
may be fight for justice. could be a sports coach, military commander, etc.

asc lord venus over capricorn 3rd, undemonstrative in expression, communications, not displaying empathy, lacking expressed emotional intelligence/skills. could have artistic tastes, handicrafts etc. writings could be philosophical and aggressive but may be lacking empathy towards reader-recipient while could be inwardly sensitive-social etc.

venus lord 9th from moon placed 12th cap from the moon impacting luck, while may tend to seek comfort in foreign lands, rahu 9th libra from the moon 4th tending to foreign travels. saturn 2nd from moon tending to earnings in distant lands, while could tend to negate employment prospects. may earn through coaching-facilitation skills etc.

ketu the separative node over aries 7th indifferent towards relationships, impulsive, prone to pain-injury head-abdominals etc, ketu 3rd from the moon impulsive and prone to risk taking, accidents, etc.

mars debilated aspect over cancer 9th impacting luck factor-higher education.

gemini 9th cusp rational attitude towards religion-spirituality, analytical outlook. mer over 2nd sag conjunct sun-jup own sag, again philosophical attitude, intellectual, oratory-teaching skills, good for education-finances.

moon acq 4th, airy, uncertain, mystic, reformist approach. aptitude for psychology-social psychology, counseling, etc. moon 2nd highest deg factor for vocation-career. moon 4th public appeal.

pars fortuna over leo 10th, good for success.

leo inimical for the libra asc, hence success-recognition under stress-delay. could be individualistic performer.

libra asc, rahu the node over libra, seeking sociability vs indifference, libra well composed amidst turbulence, objective comparative outlook, love of justice, artistic tastes, while stormy anger when provoked, may be inclined to develop public relations/need therefor.

chart with spiritual-philosophical bent with attitude for law and justice, action oriented with initiative tending to aggressiveness could have sports aptitude, aptitude for communications-oratory-counseling skills but sans empathy/undemonstrative of feelings,

may be could be a sports coach and counselor and a reformist, jail-juvenile reformist or legal activist for example, aptitude for psychology-sociology-public relations with mystic public appeal, success and recognition coming late under stress-delay, gemini 9th settling at 32+ thumb rule.

all planets between ketu-rahu, separative ketu transiting all planets in sequence restraining and uprooting things along the way, thus life under stress, darkness below the lamp, all planets on the dark half tending to be introvert and reflective in approach.

inclination and need to develop social intelligence and empathy to support the basic flair for philosophy-law and justice etc alongwith intellectual-oratory-counseling-admin-ministerial aptitudes. may be could be a leading sports coach and counselor etc for example.

hope generic observations enable reflect further, picking as relevant.

could share specific feedbacks in agreement/disagreements which could be interesting to learn of.

wishing well,

kshantaram

AnastasiyaEnchanted

saturn pisces 5th sensitive and wise, spiritual attitude, love of law and justice, aptitude for public administration/ministerial roles.

sun-mer-jup-mars sag 11th from moon for gains, philosophical, optimistic, love of law and justice, ambitious, impulsive, sportive. 2nd house, intellectual, oratory-advisory skills, may be aptitude for finance/banking etc.

mars highest planetary deg, flair of the personality, mars 3rd sag, courageous, good initiative. mars lord 6th impulsive aries over 3rd, sportive, aggressive, prone to risk taking, accidents. mars lord 2nd for speech over 3rd sag, could be impulsive in speech though inspirational,
may be fight for justice. could be a sports coach, military commander, etc.

asc lord venus over capricorn 3rd, undemonstrative in expression, communications, not displaying empathy, lacking expressed emotional intelligence/skills. could have artistic tastes, handicrafts etc. writings could be philosophical and aggressive but may be lacking empathy towards reader-recipient while could be inwardly sensitive-social etc.

venus lord 9th from moon placed 12th cap from the moon impacting luck, while may tend to seek comfort in foreign lands, rahu 9th libra from the moon 4th tending to foreign travels. saturn 2nd from moon tending to earnings in distant lands, while could tend to negate employment prospects. may earn through coaching-facilitation skills etc.

ketu the separative node over aries 7th indifferent towards relationships, impulsive, prone to pain-injury head-abdominals etc, ketu 3rd from the moon impulsive and prone to risk taking, accidents, etc.

mars debilated aspect over cancer 9th impacting luck factor-higher education.

gemini 9th cusp rational attitude towards religion-spirituality, analytical outlook. mer over 2nd sag conjunct sun-jup own sag, again philosophical attitude, intellectual, oratory-teaching skills, good for education-finances.

moon acq 4th, airy, uncertain, mystic, reformist approach. aptitude for psychology-social psychology, counseling, etc. moon 2nd highest deg factor for vocation-career. moon 4th public appeal.

pars fortuna over leo 10th, good for success.

leo inimical for the libra asc, hence success-recognition under stress-delay. could be individualistic performer.

libra asc, rahu the node over libra, seeking sociability vs indifference, libra well composed amidst turbulence, objective comparative outlook, love of justice, artistic tastes, while stormy anger when provoked, may be inclined to develop public relations/need therefor.

chart with spiritual-philosophical bent with attitude for law and justice, action oriented with initiative tending to aggressiveness could have sports aptitude, aptitude for communications-oratory-counseling skills but sans empathy/undemonstrative of feelings,

may be could be a sports coach and counselor and a reformist, jail-juvenile reformist or legal activist for example, aptitude for psychology-sociology-public relations with mystic public appeal, success and recognition coming late under stress-delay, gemini 9th settling at 32+ thumb rule.

all planets between ketu-rahu, separative ketu transiting all planets in sequence restraining and uprooting things along the way, thus life under stress, darkness below the lamp, all planets on the dark half tending to be introvert and reflective in approach.

inclination and need to develop social intelligence and empathy to support the basic flair for philosophy-law and justice etc alongwith intellectual-oratory-counseling-admin-ministerial aptitudes. may be could be a leading sports coach and counselor etc for example.

hope generic observations enable reflect further, picking as relevant.

could share specific feedbacks in agreement/disagreements which could be interesting to learn of.

wishing well,

kshantaram

Thank you very much for replying in such detail! I agree with almost everything you said! I do have a love for adventure and I tend to be impulsive in my actions, speech etc. But I would also consider myself to be overly emotional and sensitive to other peoples feelings and not aggressive. I have a love for knowledge, especially for psychology hence this is the reason why I am studying it in school right now. Thank you again!

dhundhun

Can you express comfortably your ideas? Do you have problems with works?

On the contrary to your statement that your chart shows you to be intelligent, I don't find that intelligent. However, I find you to be very practical to the extent that you will be very good in trading.

AnastasiyaEnchanted

Can you express comfortably your ideas? Do you have problems with works?

On the contrary to your statement that your chart shows you to be intelligent, I don't find that intelligent. However, I find you to be very practical to the extent that you will be very good in trading.

I would say that I am somewhat inhibited in expressing my ideas. But I love knowledge and higher learning, this is what I am trying to strive for in life. Not sure if I would label myself as being practical or being good in trade.

dhundhun

I would say that I am somewhat inhibited in expressing my ideas. But I love knowledge and higher learning, this is what I am trying to strive for in life. Not sure if I would label myself as being practical or being good in trade.

Being quick witted, being intelligent, power of expression, etc. are usually attributed to strong Mercury. In you chart that is weak - due to being detrimental and due to being combusted.

However in 3rd Mars is there and it is preceded by domicile Jupiter. This makes good at 3rd house business to the extent that one chooses that as career. Love for knowledge is due to Jupiter in 3rd, but 3rd does not have very high affinity to higher learning. So in my opinion, it becomes more of being practical. This characteristic promotes good/trustworthy trading practices. Let's see how it develops/evolves in future.

helgaleena

I just want to add to Anastasiya that all this good information should help you not to get 'stuck' by a label from outside of yourself. The advice to do breathing meditation and become comfortable with your center of self is the very best of all.

Never give up your love of learning new things, no matter what speed you are doing it. At best, all of us are infinitely intelligent, but very few of us are able to display it in our human lives. You are doing much better than many, and in your unique way you manifest the portions of that intelligence which are needed now.

Krewster

Didn't see mention above of your 30 min-tight Merc 45 Nept which is probably more indicative of your described behavior/experiences than house/sign placements.

Your Merc also enjoys a 3 min average-orbed triangle of novile aspects with Mars and Sat (kind of opposite influences, right...?, a talkative novile and a reserved style novile...hmmmm....care to elaborate...?